- » Walnut
Walnut is a type of a nut that is grown on the walnut tree and is known by other regional names like noix (French) and akhrot (Hindi). Known for its property to reduce cardiovascular diseases, walnuts are consumed in ... More »
Dates And Walnut Cake
Nothing is better than a delicious snack filled with nutrition and that is what this dates and walnut cake is all about. It doesn't get better than this as it is very easy to prepare; take a look for yourself. - 119.686
Walnut Basil Pesto
A farm to fork account which traces the journey of walnuts. Walnuts grown in most Northern Californian farms are the products of organic and sustainable agricuture. They find their way into delectable desserts and savory dishes all across the country. - 117.644
Walnut Milk & Pear
Linda Kordich, wife of Jay Kordich "The Father of Juicing" makes a great nut milk drink- "Walnut milk with Pear". - 112.396
Tasty Walnut Twists
Bring a little flair to your dessert table with this nutty recipe. Greg Patent shares a simple walnut-based dessert recipe that are simply tempting and worth bingeing. What's more, this dessert recipe is a great way to get the maximum goodness of walnuts... - 109
Toasted And Candied Walnuts
Toasted and candied walnuts are an ingredient that makes a fabulous addition to salads and other dishes. If you like to eat them as it is they are good even then. Want the recipe to make the toasted walnuts, here the video. Watch the video and enjoy walnuts. - 91.4376
Quick And Easy Candied Walnuts
Do you like adding some candied walnuts into salads? If yes then, you might care to learn making them. Here is a quick video showing how to candy walnuts. Watch and listen to video carefully as you may miss some important tips from the chef. - 89.5981
Good Fats & Oils, & 3 Dipping Sauces
In this video, Marta and Brock talk about the good, the bad and the ugly fats that can be present in food. They love cooking and making delicious dipping sauces with healthy fats. They share 3 recipes and other foods to find the good fats in! - 70.1081
Gol Papadi With Walnuts
Want to enjoy a homemade sweet in minutes? Try Gol-papadi a healthy Indian sweet prepared with wheat flour, jaggery and clarified butter. Easy detailing by Bhal Dave can help you to make this delicious sweet in minutes. - 56.2658
Walnut Festival Cookies
Walnut Festival Cookies are filled with the goodness of walnuts and raisins. These have always been one of the family's favorite snacks around the holiday time. Baked and stocked to last, these cookies always were always cleaned out in 2 weeks!! A great... - 52.6408
Walnut Festival Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Blend together butter and sugar to make it light and creamy.
3. Add orange rind, egg and milk to the mixture and stir well.
4. Sieve flour, salt and soda and put it into the creamed mixture.
5. Add... - 49.5847
Black Walnut Cookies
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and sieve together. Keep aside.
3. In an electric mixer, combine nuts and coconut and grind to a semi fine powder. Keep aside.
4. In a... - 49.3212
1) In a saucepan, gently saute onion in oil, until lightly browned.
2) Stir in the flour, tomato juice, garlic, yeast extract and salt. Allow to boil until the mixture is thickened, then turn off the heat.
3) Stir in the bread, nuts, wheatgerm, dried... - 48.661
Black Walnut Refrigerator Cookies
1) Heat oven to 350°.
2) In a bowl add all ingredients except walnuts.
3) Beat at low speed for 3 to 4 minutes.
4) Stir in the walnuts.
5) Divide the dough in half and shape each half into 12x2-inch rolls.
6) Wrap each roll in plastic... - 48.6053
Walnut Oat Crisps
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Roughly chop walnuts and keep aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together whole wheat flour, salt, soda and cinnamon.
4. Lightly grease cookie sheet with cooking spray.
5. In a large bowl, cream... - 48.3116
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) On a floured surface, roll out the dough thinly and cut out 15 boat shapes from it with the help of a boat-shaped mold upside-down.
3) In the molds, place the dough, trim the edges and... - 48.0132
Black Walnut Cookies
Beat eggs with fork until well blended.
Stir in oil, milk, and wheat germ.
Blend in sugar until mixture thickens.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt and stir into oil mixture.
Add vanilla extract and black-walnut meats and stir.
Drop by teaspoonfuls... - 47.8364
1. To make the dough, take a small saucepan and scald milk with sugar, salt and shortenings over a moderate heat. Cool till lukewarm
2. In a large bowl, with moderately hot water sprinkle yeast and blend properly till dissolved. Add the milk... - 47.3719
Rocky Road Walnut Drops
1. In a bowl, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well.
2. Add melted chocolate, chopped walnuts and mix well.
3. Add sifted flour, baking soda, salt, coffee powder to the creamed mixture and milk and stir... - 47.2689
Put sugar, water, and 2 tablespoons of the corn syrup in small, deep heavy saucepan.
Bring to boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
Continue cooking to 290°F. on a candy thermometer.
Beat egg whites with salt until stiff.
Gradually add syrup, beating... - 47.261
Cut open the vanilla bean and scrape out the pith with the tip of a knife.
In a bowl, cream the butter to a smooth and light consistency with the sugar, salt, ginger, and vanilla pith, then work in the egg yolk.
Add the flour and walnuts and quickly knead to... - 46.9816
Walnut And Aubergine Gratin
1) Into a very large bowl, place the sliced aubergines along with the walnuts.
2) To this, add 2 pints of cold water.
3) On high power, cook covered for 12 to 14 minutes, or until it starts boiling.
4) Drain thoroughly and again bring the aubergines... - 46.8128
Set aside 8 walnuts for decoration and pulverize the rest in a food processor.
Melt 31/2 oz (100 g/31/2 oz) of the butter in a large bowl in the microwave oven for 1 minute on HIGH.
Stir until the butter has just melted.
Add the honey and whole eggs.
Add the... - 46.6101
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F
2) Take a baking tray and arrange walnuts on it. Place the tray in the preheated oven and toast walnuts for about 5-8 minutes.
3) Slightly cool the walnuts and then combine with butter and garlic and put in... - 46.5348
Spaghettini With Zucchini And Walnuts
1) In a pan, cook the spaghettini in the boiling salted water, until tender. Drain and keep warm.
2) In a large frying pan, gently saute the onion and garlic, until soft.
3) Stir in the walnuts and saute, until slightly colored.
4) Stir in the... - 46.3954
Combine flour, cocoa and granulated sugar replacement; work in the butter.
Spread mixture in the bottom of a greased 9 in. (23 cm) pan.
Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 15 minutes.
Combine center filling ingredients and stir to completely mix.
Spread over... - 46.3551
To make the walnut crust dough, place 1 1/4 cups of the flour, 1 teaspoon sugar, and the salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle.
Mix on low speed for 5 seconds to combine the ingredients.
Add all but 2 tablespoons of the chopped walnuts... - 46.2774
Endive, Apple, And Walnut Salad
1. Start by preheating the oven to 375°F
2. On a baking sheet, sprinkle the walnuts n a single layer, and toast for 7 to 8 minutes, till it's sightly browned and crispy
3. Transfer the toast to another pan and then set it aside to cool... - 45.2369
1) Set your oven to preheat at 350F.
2) In a pan, add oil to heat up on low heat.
3) Add curry, ginger and brown sugar to the pan and combine the ingredients by stirring.
4) Put off the stove and add the nuts and chutney. Keep on mixing... - 44.771
Cream shortening and brown sugar.
Add boiling water to molasses.
Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with molasses and water to creamed mixture.
Chill and roll.
Cut into strips 1 inch wide and 3 inches long.
Sprinkle with walnuts.
Bake at 350Â° F.
12... - 44.7035
1.Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
2.Into a bowl, sift together fructose, cornstarch, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and ginger .
3.Mix and set aside.
4.In a bowl, beat the egg whites .
5.Add walnuts and combine.
6. Coat each walnut with... - 44.6574
Pasta With Ricotta, Cinnamon And Walnut Sauce
Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling water according to packet instructions, until al dente.
Drain the pasta, reserving 100 ml of the cooking water.
Put the ricotta, butter, icing sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon, until smooth and... - 44.5389
Pate De Campagne With Walnuts
Combine the ground veal, ground pork, pork fat, coarse salt, pepper, thyme, allspice, tarragon, oregano, garlic, crushed juniper berries, cognac, Madeira, eggs and onions.
Blend thoroughly without overworking the mixture.
To test for seasoning, saute, cool,... - 44.3371
Black Walnut Balls
Combine melted margarine and the yogurt in a mixing bowl.
Beat to blend.
Beat in sugar replacement and fructose.
Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
Beat in vanilla.
Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
Fold in ground black... - 44.3342
With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
Beat the eggs and vanilla essence until light and frothy.
Into the bowl sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder.
Add all the other ingredients except the cornflakes.
Mix well together... - 44.0032
Peas And Walnuts
1) In a 1-quart casserole add peas, onion, and 2 tablespoons water.
2) Cook covered the peas on 100% power (high) until peas are tender stirring once for 6 to 8 minutes or.
3) To cook frozen peas, cook peas and onion following pea package microwave... - 43.9272
Cream the butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon until very light and fluffy.
Beat in the yolks and vanilla essence.
Add the sifte:d flour and stir well, mixing everything well together.
Turn the mixture into a 20 cm - 8" square baking tin and press... - 42.9834
Walnut Surprise Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
2. Grease an 8-inch square cookie pan.
3. In a bowl, take sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat it well with a wooden spoon to make it of a smooth consistency.
4. Add flour and salt. Mix it well.
5. Add... - 42.9084
Black Walnut Cookies
Combine all ingredients except nuts with electric mixer, beat at low speed for 3 or 4 minutes.
Stir in walnuts.
Divide dough in half.
Shape each half into 12 x 2-inch roll.
Wrap in wax paper, refrigerate 2-hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut... - 42.867
Preheat the oven to Gas 6, 400°F, 200°C.
Grease and line a 12 in x 10 in/30 cm x 25 cm Swiss roll tin with greaseproof paper.
Reserve a few walnut halves for decoration, then finely grind 1 oz/25 g, and finely chop the remainder.
Place the eggs and sugar in... - 42.4605
Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
Butter and flour baking sheet.
Mix cream and sugar in large bowl.
Stir in flour and orange peel, blending well.
Blend in walnuts.
Drop batter by teaspoon onto baking sheet, spacing about 1 inch apart.
Bake until golden, about 10 to... - 41.437
Spicy Walnut Squares
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C)
2) Mix together the butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy, light and fluffy.
3) Add the egg yolk and beat well.
4) Sift together the flour, salt and cinnamon and add to the creamed mixture.
5) Stir... - 41.3675
Zucchini With Walnuts And Orange
1) Cut the zucchini in finger thick slices. Thinly slice onions.
2) In a fry pan, heat oil over high heat and quickly fry onion slices.
3) Put in walnuts and stir for 1-2 minutes.
4) Add zucchini slices and fry till they turn brown.
5)... - 41.2158
Spicy Candied Walnuts
I have always enjoyed making this sweet and yummy Candied Walnuts. It is simple, but the very desirable combination of ingredients makes this Candied Walnuts great enough to excite your taste buds! So do give it a try. - 41.0603
Zucchini With Walnuts
1) In a 1 1/2-quart casserole add onion and water.
2) Cook covered on 100% power (high) for 2 minutes.
3) Add zucchini and cook covered on high for 3 to 5 minutes stirring once.
4) Drain and keep aside.
5) Add toasted walnuts, butter or margarine, and... - 40.8913
Winter Fennel And Cabbage With Walnuts
1) Chill cabbage and fennel in ice water for 10 minutes to turn crisp. Drain well and set aside.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine mustard, pepper, lemon juice and cream. Add salt to test and mix well.
3) Pour this over the cabbage and... - 40.8697
1. In a saucepan add sugar, water, corn syrup and salt and bring to boil.
2. Cook until mixture reaches 240°F/ 120°c or just before the soft ball stage.
3. Stir in the marshmallow pieces and cook until melted
4. Add the oil of peppermint and then the... - 40.7569
Peas And Walnuts
If using fresh peas, in a 1-quart casserole combine peas, onion, and 2 tablespoons water.
Cook, covered, on 100% power (high) for 6 to 8 minutes or till peas are tender, stirring once.
If using frozen peas, cook peas and onion according to the pea package... - 40.7094
Microwave Walnut Brittle
In a covered 1-1/2-qt microwave-safe glass dish, microwave the walnuts, sugar, corn syrup and salt on high for 4 minutes.
Stir; cook 4 minutes longer.
Stir in butter and vanilla.
Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
Add baking soda; stir quickly until... - 40.6428
Fennel Orange And Walnut Salad
Fennel Orange And Walnut Salad tastes great and is very easy to make. Try this simple recipe of Fennel Orange and Walnut Salad and share your feeback. - 40.516
Peas And Walnuts
1 If using fresh peas. in a 1-quart casserole combine peas,onion and 2 tablespoons water.Cook, covered on 100% power (high) for 6-8 minutes or till the peas are tender, stirring once.
2 If using frozen peas, cook peas and onion according to the pea... - 40.4484
Dissolve yeast in 1/3 cup lukewarm water.
Scald 2/3 cup milk; stir in salt, sugar and butter.
Stir in yeast mixture; beat in 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks.
Add half the flour; beat with mixer at high speed.
Knead in remaining flour until smooth and... - 40.1961
Date And Walnut Sambouseks
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine chopped dates and orange juice in a medium saucepan; cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
Remove pan from heat, and mash dates with a fork until smooth.
Stir in chopped walnuts, vanilla,... - 39.8931
Walnut Spice Kisses
Beat the egg white until stiff.
Gradually beat in the salt.
In another bowl, mix the sugar and acesulfame-K with the spices.
Beat this into the egg white mixture.
Fold in the chopped walnuts.
Drop by teaspoonful onto a cookie sheet coated with non-stick... - 39.5695
1. With a pastry brush, over a large baking sheet spread the tablespoon of softened butter and set it aside.
2. In a heavy 1-quart enameled saucepan bring to a boil over high heat combining the sugar and sherry stirring until the sugar dissolves.
3.... - 39.4546
Roquefort, Pear And Walnut Toasts
1) Pre-heat the broiler to high.
2) In a broiler pan, line 12 slices of baguette in a single layer.
3) Lightly brown on each side.
4) Drizzle lemon juice over the pear slices to prevent browning.
5) Keep a slice of pear on top each toast, along with... - 39.3446
With a pastry brush, spread oleo over a large baking sheet, 13x9 1/2 x 2 1/4 inches and set aside.
Combine the sugar and sherry in a 1-quart saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Then cook briskly uncovered, undisturbed... - 39.3368
1) Take a screw-top jar and mix together salt, oil, lemon juice, honey and ginger in it, shaking well.
2) In a salad bowl, mix together mushrooms and walnuts.
3) Mix salad with this dressing.
4) In the centre of a bowl, arrange the salad, garnishing... - 39.2644
Combine creme center dough and brandy flavoring in a mixing bowl.
Work with your hands until mixture is well blended.
Work in chocolate chips.
Divide mixture into 70 small pieces and form into desired shapes.
Place on plate and refrigerate until firm.
Melt... - 39.246
Walnut Oat Crisps
In medium bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, egg and orange peel.
In small bowl, combine whole wheat flour, soda, salt and cinnamon; blend into creamed mixture.
Stir in oats and 3/4 cup of the walnuts.
Shape into 1-inch balls, and place on lightly greased... - 39.0868
Walnut Lace Cookies
In small saucepan, combine butter, granulated sugar, corn syrup and brandy; stir over low heat until butter melts.
Remove from heat and stir in flour and walnuts.
Cut foil into 6-inch squares.
Arrange 2 to 4 squares on each baking sheet; lightly grease each... - 39.0749
1.Preheat the oven at 450 degrees F.
2.Break the nuts along with their shells and put them on the cookie sheet.
3.In a bowl, mix orange rind, cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg and mix them in a mortar.
4.Put the crushed mixture on the... - 38.9128
Black Walnut Cookies
Beat the eggs with the water until thick and lemon-colored, using an electric mixer set at medium speed.
Gradually add the sugar (any soft lumps will blend in) and continue to beat until very thick, about 15 minutes longer.
Sift the flour with the salt and... - 38.8604
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) In a large pan or rimmed cookie sheet put butter and olive oil.
3) Put the pan in oven and cook till butter melts.
4) Scatter nuts on the pan's surface.
5) With a wooden spoon stir the nuts to be well... - 38.7662
Flaming Walnut Pate Balls
Heat 1/3 cup butter with curry powder in skillet until bubbly.
Add onion and chicken livers.
Cook over low heat until chicken livers lose their pinkness and are done.
Mash or sieve chicken liver mixture (or whirl smooth in blender), beating in 1/3 cup butter... - 38.5405
Salad Of Flageolet Beans With Fennel And Walnuts
1. In a medium saucepan, soak the beans in plenty of cold water for at least 6 hours or overnight. Pour off the water, re-cover the beans with fresh water and bring to a boil. Boil the beans vigorously for 5 minutes. Drain the beans in a colander and rinse... - 38.3198
Walnut Butter Drops
Cream butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract together until fluffy.
Beat in egg; add chopped walnuts.
Combine flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt; add to creamed mixture; stir to form a moderately stiff dough.
Drop in small mounds onto ungreased cookie... - 38.1995
Walnut Refrigerator Cookies
Cream the butter or margarine with sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the wellbeaten eggs and beat until light again.
Sift the flour with baking powder and salt and work this thoroughly into creamed mixture.
Stir in the walnuts and vanilla.
Shape into long... - 38.1059
Cucumbers With Yogurt And Walnuts
1) Wash the cucumbers but do not peel them.
2) Cut them into slices.
3) In serving bowl, combine vermouth, yogurt, walnuts and pepper.
4) Mix well.
5) Stir in cucumbers.
6) Blend well.
7) Serve the yogurt cucumbers as side dish. - 37.9632
1. Pre heat an oven at 200 C (400 F).
2. In a 10 cup muffin tray, place equal quantities of butter and melt in pre heated oven.
3. Remove and top each cup with equal quantity of corn syrup and nuts.
4. Cut each biscuit into 3 pieces and... - 37.9172
Spicy Walnut Diamonds
1. Blend flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and spices.
2. Melt butter in a small glass bowl in microwave oven (about 30 seconds at HIGH).
3. Combine brown sugar and eggs in a large bowl; beat until well blended and light. Add honey, melted butter and flour... - 37.7226
Salted Spiced Walnuts
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) To water, add ginger and allspice and bring the contents to a boil.
3) Add the walnuts and boil the mixture for about 3 minutes.
4) Drain the contents well.
5) In a shallow pan, spread... - 37.7022
Zucchini With Walnuts
1) Into a pan, melt the butter
2) Saute the walnuts in the butter till lightly browned
3) Remove the walnuts from the pan and keep aside
4) Melt another 2 tablespoons of butter and saute the zucchini frying for about 5 minutes till soft
5) Add in the... - 37.5964
These crispy and crunchy Walnut Rounds are packed with walnuts, maple extract and chopped pitted prunes and pretty much go with your hot sip favorites. Quick and easy to make, enjoy the goodness of Walnut Rounds! Note down the simple ingredients for this... - 37.2513
Oakleaf, Pear And Walnut Salad
1. To make dressing, place pear and liquid, vinegar and black pepper in a blender. Puree.
2. Cut each pear into eight segments. Place in a bowl. Add lemon juice. Toss to coat (this helps prevent the pears from browning).
3. Arrange lettuce on a serving... - 37.2141
Cream butter until light and fluffy, then beat in sugar replacement.
Beat in egg, chocolate, warm water and vanilla extract.
Stir in cake flour, baking powder and salt.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
Garnish each cookie with a walnut... - 37.1285
Roquefort Butter With Walnuts
1) Cut the French bread in 1/4-inch thin long slices.
2) In a bowl, add butter, cheese and brandy.
3) Combine thoroughly.
4) Fold in walnuts and stir well.
5) Lightly toast the bread slices, if desired.
6) Serve the bread... - 37.1268
1.Start by preheating the oven to 375F degrees
2.Add sugar, flour, salt and vanilla to eggs and mix well.
4.Spread in greased shallow (9x12 1/2 inch) baking pan
5.Bake in moderate oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
6.Cut into... - 37.0482
Green Walnut Preserves
Peel the walnuts.
Trim the ends a little.
Place the walnuts and the peels in water to cover.
Leave about six to eight days until they darken.
Prick the walnuts in several places with a fine skewer.
This will help eliminate the bitterness and later help to... - 36.8289
Baked Kasha With Walnuts
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a small skillet, saute the onion in 2 tablespoons drippings over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes until brown.
3) Stir into the kasha alongwith the salt, pepper, and walnuts and toss well to mix.
4)... - 36.7473
1. On a baking tray, place unbroken walnuts and place inside an oven at 350°F to become crisp and hot - say fifteen minutes
2. In a saucepan, measure the sugar and madd strained orange juice, made up to quarter pint with water, and dissolve the sugar... - 36.5521
Beat egg till foamy; beat in sugar and vanilla.
Stir in flour, salt and soda.
Spread in well-greased 8" square pan; bake till crust has dull finish (25 to 30 minutes).
Bake at 325 degrees.
Cut into squares while still warm - about 16 2"... - 36.4827
Beat the first four ingredients together and stir in the flour.
Line fluted barque tins (tiny boat-shaped pans used for pastry-based appetizers and small cakes) or small tart tins about 1 1/4 inches bottom diameter with 2 level teaspoons of the dough.
Spread... - 36.4502
Cover cracked wheat with cold water.
Let stand 1 hour.
Mix cracked wheat, walnuts, onion, green pepper, eggs, tomato sauce, pimiento, parsley, salt, basil, coriander and pepper.
Spread mixture in ungreased1 1/2-quart casserole.
Cook uncovered in 350Â° oven... - 36.3872
Black Walnut Cookies
1. In a large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in flour mixed with baking soda and salt until dough is well blended,... - 36.3446
Preheat oven to 350Â° F. (moderate).
Put nuts and dates through food grinder.
Mix in 3/4 cup of cocoanut, sugar and egg.
Shape into rolls, 3/4 " diameter and 1 1/2" long.
Roll in remaining 1/4 cup cocoanut.
Place on greased baking sheet.
Bake at 350Â° F.... - 36.1631
Beat egg whites with salt until foamy throughout; add sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating after each addition until sugar is blended.
Fold in cereal, coconut, and nuts.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto heavy paper on baking sheet.
Bake in slow oven... - 35.833
Sweet and tangy walnut pinwheels brimming with the goodness of chopped walnuts are satisfying to any palate. Best served as an impressive party snack! - 35.7114
Zucchini With Walnuts
Reserve a few walnut halves for garnish and chop the remainder.
Slice unpeeled zucchini about 1/8 inch thick.
Saute in butter, stirring constantly.
When zucchini is almost tender, add the chopped walnuts and salt and pepper to taste.
Continue cooking until... - 35.5628
1. Soften yeast in warm water.
2. Sift together flour and salt. Set aside.
3. Combine egg and All-Bran; let stand until most moisture is absorbed. Add butter; beat well. Stir in sifted dry ingredients. Add yeast, mixing just until combined.
4. Divide dough... - 35.4602
Walnuts are usually right when the raspberries ripen.
You should be able to put a hatpin through with no trouble.
Soak 100 walnuts in a brine of 1 gallon water to 1 cup salt for 9 days, with fresh brine on the 3rd and 6th days.
Then drain and prick each... - 35.207
Blend first 4 ingredients; mix in sugar and knead until blended.
Divide mixture into halves and color one half red and the other green.
Shape mixtures into 1-inch balls and press a walnut half on each side of each ball.
Makes 4 dozen. - 35.1703
1. Combine the 1 cup flour and the 10X sugar in medium-size bowl; cream in butter or margarine until well blended. Pat firmly and evenly into a 9x9x2-inch baking pan.
2. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 10 minutes; remove; let cool on wire rack 5 minutes.
3.... - 35.0228
Crust: Mix 3/4 square butter and 1 cup of flour together and press down in a 9" square pan.
Bake slowly, 300 degrees, for 35 minutes, until delicate brown.
Filling: Combine ingredients and pour over crust; bake in slow oven again for 25 minutes.
Let cool,... - 34.9945
Endive Lettuce With Walnut Gorgonzola Dressing
Wash the lettuce thoroughly and pat dry.
Place the lettuce in a salad bowl and keep chilled until you are ready to serve.
Whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard.
Pour over the lettuce and mix gently.
Place on chilled plates and sprinkle... - 34.9608
In medium bowl, combine cheese, parsley, herb seasoning, garlic salt and red pepper; set aside.
In small bowl, beat egg white until frothy.
Add walnuts; toss to coat.
Stir walnuts into cheese mixture; mix thoroughly.
Spread in single layer on lightly oiled... - 34.6826
Rolled Walnut Strips
1. Start oven, set at Moderate 375° F. Rub a baking sheet with margarine or shortening.
2. Cream the butter, margarine or shortening; gradually add the sugar, then the egg and beat thoroughly. Beat in the milk and flavoring.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder... - 34.5408
Savory Pike With Walnuts
1 Preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
2 Clean the fish and cut either into small pieces across the bone or into steaks. Season with salt and pepper and dredge with flour.
3 Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the fish for 5 minutes on each side. Place the fish... - 34.3869
Pour boiling water over nuts and let stand 2 to 3 minutes.
Transfer to baking sheet.
Sprinkle with sugar and mix well.
Spread in single layer and let stand overnight to dry.
Heat oil in wok or skillet until very hot.
Add nuts in small batches and... - 34.3607
Chicory With Walnuts And Stilton
1. To make the dressing, whisk the oils, mustard and vinegar together with a large pinch of salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Pour in the cream in one go and stir with a spoon Keep at room temperature until serving. You can make the dressing up... - 34.1704
Preheat oven to 300° F.
In saucepan, combine butter and seasonings; heat to melt butter.
Add walnuts, toss to coat evenly.
Spread nuts on baking sheet.
Bake 15 minutes or until toasted; remove from oven.
While still warm, sprinkle with cheese. - 34.0898
Walnut Recipes By Category