French Puff Pastry
- » Vol Au Vent
Vol Au Vent Recipes
Enjoy our collection of vol au vent recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for vol au vent recipes.
Vol Au Vent Filling - Pieno Per Vol Au Vent
1. Cream the butter and chop the tuna in a food processor and keep it in a separate bowl.
2. Chop the smoked salmon as well and keep it in a separate bowl.
3. Add couple of tablespoon of whipped butter in the tuna and salmon, sprinkle pepper and thyme... - 0
Crab Vol Au Vent
Heat butter in large skillet.
Cook shallot 1 minute.
Add celery, mushrooms, anise, paprika and season well.
Continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
Mix in flour and cook 2 minutes over medium-low heat.
Add milk, mix well and bring to boil.
Add cumin... - 41.3816
Vol Au Vent Recipe - Pastry Puffs - Finger Food
1. Preheat the oven at 356 F.
2. Prepare the baling tray with parchment paper.
3. Roll the pastry sheet into a large thin round shape sheet, once done with a round cookie cutter make small round shape vol au vent and using another small... - 0
Mushroom Vol Au Vent
Blend pate, sour cream and mustard together in food processor; set aside.
Heat butter in saucepan.
Cook shallot and garlic 2 minutes over medium heat.
Add mushrooms and paprika; season well.
Continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes.
Stir in cheese, correct seasoning... - 42.1793
Party Ham Vol Au Vents
1) Melt butter is a dish (heat for about 30 seconds).
2) Add flour, followed by slowly adding milk. Stir the contents well, so that they blend in well.
3) Cook the contents for about 3 minutes (stir during this process) and then add cayenne pepper and... - 41.4046
Smoked Salmon Vol Au Vents
If you like fancy finger food in your parties try out these Smoked Salmon Vol au Vents next time. These are extremely easy to make as you can see in this video. It will get rave reviews and leave your guests wondering how you pulled it off. Bon Appétit! - 109.605
Mushroom, Chicken And Pumpkin Vol Au Vents
Want to know of a yummy Halloween recipe that is bound to get everyone's mouths watering? Then watch this video and get ready to show off your culinary skills! This is a yummy delicacy made with pumpkin as one of the main ingredients. Everyone will love it... - 85.9961
Jerusalem Artichoke Vol Au Vents Russian Style
This is an irresistible Jerusalem Artichoke Vol Au Vents Russian Style recipe that make for an impressive appetizer. The flavor of artichokes blended with the other ingredients makes this dish completely delectable. Make this Jerusalem Artichoke Vol Au Vents... - 47.4373
Chicken And Mushroom Vols Au Vent
Crumble chicken stock cubes and mix with sour cream.
Melt butter and stir in flour until smooth, cook 1-2 minutes.
Add milk and stirring continuously, bring to the boil.
Add sour cream mixture, chopped chicken and drained champignons.
Season to taste with... - 37.3783
Mushroom Vol Au Vents
Preheat the oven to 375°F (100°C).
Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Add the mushrooms and fry, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir in the ham, veloute sauce, cream, Gruyere cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon the mixture into the vol-au-vent cases and... - 34.5509
Chicken Vol Au Vent
1. Peel the onions. In a chopping board, chop onions and mushrooms.
2. Remove seeds from green pepper and cut the flesh into narrow strips.
3. In a pan, heat oil or butter. Fry vegetables gently.
4. In another pan, take corn flour.... - 44.3708
Salmon Vol Au Vent
1 Roll the pastry out onto a floured board and into a large circle just over 23cm/9 inches in diameter.
2 Using a 23cm/9 inch plate as a guide, and a sharp knife, cut a circle out of the pastry. Place the circle of pastry upside down on a suitable... - 39.545
1. Thaw and bake the vol-au-vent, if frozen. Halve the kidneys, remove the skin and fat. Wipe dry and cut them into slices. Blanch for 5 minutes in boiling water and drain.
2. Cut the earthy base from the mushrooms, wash under running water and cut into... - 36.4601
Vol-au-vents With Turkey Ragout
Preheat the oven to 225°.
Wash and pat the turkey cutlets dry.
Cut into strips 1 1/2 inches long and dust with the flour.
Peel and finely dice the onion.
Heat the oil and saute the onions until translucent.
Add the floured meat and braise, turning... - 43.5449
Prawn Vol Au Vent
Preheat oven to Gas 7, 425°F, 220°C.
Place cases on lightly dampened baking tray and cook for 15-20 mins.
Allow to cool.
Mix garlic mayonnaise with cucumber and fill half the vol-au-vents.
Mix creme fraTche with lemon, prawns, Tabasco and dill; use to fill... - 36.1257
Vol-au- Vent Breton Style
1. Thaw and bake the vol-au-vent, if frozen. Dice the veal and chicken, and gently fry with the mushrooms in 30 g (1 1/4 oz) butter over a low heat, until brown. Season and add the white wine, and cook for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F;... - 29.9003
Ham And Parsley Vol Au Vents
1) In a large microwavable bowl or jug, melt the butter.
2) In about 30 seconds, when the butter melts, mix in the flour. Slowly pour in the milk while stirring the mixture continously.
3) Microwave for about 3 minutes, stirring continously. Add in... - 42.288
Mushroom Vol Au Vents
Put the shallot in a casserole with 1 tablespoon of butter, cover and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
Wipe the mushrooms with a damp cloth or kitchen paper and cut into thin slices.
Pour the lemon juice over.
Add the mushrooms and 3 (2) tablespoons of water... - 46.9127
Halibut Vol Au Vents
Skin the fish and cut into pieces.
Place in an ovenproof dish with 2 tablespoons of the butter and half the lemon juice or wine.
Cover and poach in a cool oven (300° F) for 15 minutes.
Remove the bones and flake the fish; keep warm.
Heat the vol-au-vent... - 38.5368
Vol Au Vent Pastry Shell
Line a 6-cup (1.5-liter) bowl with foil.
Fill with crumpled paper towels, pressing down lightly.
Fold foil over to enclose towels; secure lightly with tape.
Turn out foil mold.
Sprinkle a baking sheet with cold water.
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
On a... - 29.5042
1. Thaw and bake the vol-au-vent, if frozen. Open the oysters, pour their juices into a saucepan, and bring to the boil. Blanch the oysters for 1 minute. Strain the cooking juices through a fine sieve. Put the oysters aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 230°C... - 34.4452
To prepare the Vol-Au-Vents, on a lightly floured surface roll out the puff pastry into a 12x9-inch rectangle.
Cut out rounds with a two and a half inch cookie cutter.
Arrange half of the rounds on a baking sheet moistened with water.
Brush each round with... - 40.4003
Vegetable Vol Au Vents
1. Place courgette, red and green pepper and broccoli in a microwave-safe dish, cover and cook on HIGH (100%) until just tender.
2. To make sauce, place butter in a microwave-safe jug and cook on HIGH (100%) for 20 seconds or until butter melts. Stir inf... - 35.7728
Sweetbread Vol Au Vents
Cut the sweetbreads into pieces and put them into a large saucepan.
Add the stock, lemon juice and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the sweetbreads to a... - 43.2798
Prawn And Mushroom Vol Au Vents
1) Using a knife, peel and finely chop the onion. Then, slice the mushrooms.
2) Heat a saucepan, melt butter and sauté onion till it is soft.
3) Put in the mushrooms, turn up the heat and quickly sauté the mushrooms until soft.
4) Pour in the wine... - 38.1697
Vol Au Vents Shells
1. Line a baking sheet with non grease paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C.
3. On a flour work surface, roll the pastry into a sheet of 3/4 inch thickness.
4. Using 4 inch round cutters, cut the pastry into as many as... - 33.4089
Baked Vol Au Vent Pastry Cases
Vol-au-vent pastry cases can be easily made at home and filled with a filling of your choice. Simply watch this video to get an idea on how to make these puffy pastry cases and bake them just at the right temperature for the correct duration. While this video... - 81.6102
Seafood Vol Au Vent
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 8.
Roll out the puff pastry into a large oblong and divide into two identical pieces.
Place one of the oblongs onto a baking sheet.
Brush the edges of the pastry with water, being careful not to allow water to come into contact... - 45.694
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter.
2) Add in the flour. Pour in the chicken stock and add the seasoning. Bring the broth to a boil.
3) Put in the chicken and slow cook for 5 minutes.
4)Remove from heat. Fill the chicken into the patty shells... - 33.7218
Kipper Vol Au Vent
Roll out the pastry to a 15 cm (6 inch) circle.
Using an 8.5 cm (3 1/2 inch) cutter, mark a circle in the centre, cutting halfway through the pastry.
Place on a baking sheet and cook in a preheated hot oven, 220°C (425°F), Gas Mark 7, for 20 minutes.
Cook... - 41.3967
Basic Vol-au-vent Shells
Roll out pastry to 3/4 in. thickness, cut out two 6 in. circles.
Brush baking tin with water, lay one circle on it.
Cut 4 in. circle from centre of second round; set this aside.
Moisten edge of pastry on baking tin, place over it the cut-out rim; it should... - 31.6078
1 Wash the chicken and giblets and place them in a large sauce- pan.
Add the bay leaves, salt, pepper, onion and carrot.
Just cover the chicken with water and cook gently for 1 1/2- 2 hours.
2 Preheat the oven to 230Â°C, 450Â°F, gas 8.
Roll out the pastry... - 43.9759
Angela S Spinach Vol Au Vent
1. Make up the pastry mix according to the packet directions.
2. Divide the pastry in half, and roll out each on a floured board to an oblong 24 x 18 cm/9 1/2 x 7 inches.
3. Cut each into an oval 22 x 14 cm/8 1/2 x 6 inches, using a 500-ml/ 1-pint oval pie... - 44.841
Crab Vol Au Vents
1) On a board, dust some flour and roll out pastry 1/4 inch thick.
2) With a 9 cm (3 1/2 inch) pastry cutter, cut out 6 circles and place on a dampened baking tray.
3) With a 5 cm (2 inch) pastry cutter, cut halfway through each... - 45.4228
Vol Au Vent St George
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Roll the pastry into an oblong shape about 1/2 inch thick.
3) Cut out an oval shape with a large oval cutter dipped in boiling water.
4) Then cut halfway through the pastry with a smaller cutter.
5)... - 44.8089
Classic Chicken And Mushroom Vol Au Vents
1. On floured surface, using a floured rolling pin, roll cold pastry out to 1/4 inch thick sheet.
2. Use a 3-inch round cutter to cut out twelve circles.
3. Wet a baking tray lightly and arrange 6 of the circles, with 2 inch space between... - 49.0228
Some Fillings For Vol-au-vent Or Puff-pastry Cases
Oysters poached in white wine, then reheated in a mushroom sauce, or sauce poujette.
(Could be tinned oysters for these oyster patties.) Shrimps in white sauce into which the yolk of an egg has been stirred.
Creamed salted cod.
Leftovers... - 21.9006
Sauced Chicken In Vol Au Vent Shells
Melt butter in heavy saucepan; stir in flour to make smooth paste.
Add stock gradually; stir constantly.
Cook over low heat until thickened.
Stir in sherry and brown sauce.
Season with salt and pepper.
Fold in chicken; heat through.
Serve hot in patty shells... - 34.2369
Vol Au Vent Of Chicken
Dice the celery, one of the onions, 2 cloves of garlic, and the thyme.
Boil these, with the young hen, in water to cover, until the hen is tender.
Boil the chicken slowly; quick boiling will toughen the meat, but slow boiling tenderizes it.
It should take... - 41.0609
Chicken & Celery Vol-au-vent
1. Heat milk, butter or margarine, 1/2 tea spoon of the onion salt, and pepper just to boiling in a medium-size saucepan. Add flour all at once; stir vigorously with a wooden spoon 2 minutes, or until batter forms a thick smooth ball that follows spoon around... - 34.6095
Vol Au Vent Large Patty Shell
Make pastry as directed.
Also cut an 8" X 5 1/2" oval from cardboard to use as a pattern.
Roll half of pastry on a lightly floured pastry cloth into a rectangle 8"x10" and 1/2" thick.
Place pattern in center of rectangle and cut out oval.
Carefully transfer... - 35.7385
Valentine Vol Au Vents
1) Prepare the pastry, chill for about 30 min.
2) Preheat the oven to 450 Deg F (230 Deg C/Gas 8), well grease a baking tray.
3) On a lightly floured board,... - 43.9319
Salmon Vol Au Vent
Roll the pastry out.
Cut out 6 - 4" (10 cm) rounds, and 6 -3" (7.5 cm) rounds with a 2" (5 cm) hole in the middle.
Place the 4" (10 cm) rounds on a baking sheet, brush with egg and top with the 3" (7.5 cm) round and brush with egg.
Bake in a 425°F (215°C)... - 42.1376
Chicken Vol Au Vents
1) Preheat the oven to 450 Deg F ( 230 Deg C/Gas 8) , grease two baking trays and keep aside.
2) Prepare the pastry and chill for about 30 min.
3) On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry to 2cm... - 40.8026
Chicken Vol Au Vent Entree
1) Preheat oven at 400Â°c.
2) In a skillet heat butter and brown chicken in it.
3) In 1/2 cup hot water dissolve bouillon.
4) Add the mixture to the chicken.
5) Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
6) With a slotted spoon remove... - 43.8415
Piquant Vol Au Vent
1. Roll out pastry on a floured surface to a square about 15 x 15 cm/6 x 6 inches.
2. With a sharp pointed knife, 2 cm/1 inch in from the outside mark a 10-cm/4-inch square within the outer square, cutting down almost to the base of the pastry.
3. Flute edges... - 45.9252
Chicken Mushroom Vol Au Vent
Shape the butter into a brick about 3x5 x 3/4 inches.
Roll butter in 3 tablespoons of the flour, coating all sides.
Wrap in wax paper, and chill.
Put remaining flour in a large bowl.
Make a well in the center.
Add salt and lemon juice.
Gradually begin to add... - 42.272
Vol Au Vent Puff Paste
In a cold mixing bowl cut the 1/2 cup butter and the lard into the sifted flour until it is the size of small marbles or large peas. (We do mean lard, not vegetable shortening. Jesse insists that good old pork lard mixed with butter makes far better puff... - 32.2493
Roast Chicken With Oatmeal Stuffing And Chicken Vol Au Vent
1) In case a frozen bird is being used, allow it about 8 hours to thaw out. Wash the bird and pat dry it with a clean cloth. With some salt, rub the bird’s insides and rub the outside with a cut lemon.
2) Preheat oven to temperature of 380... - 40.7427
Fruit And Cream Puffs
1. As per the direction on the packet, bake the vol-au-vent
2. Allow them to cool and fill with starwberries
3. Top with rosettes of cream before serving - 27.9184
Iced New Style Mince Pies
1. Cook the vol-au-vent cases stated by the manufacturer. Brush the cases with egg glaze and then set aside to cool.
2. When the cases have cooled down, fill them with mincemeat, top with ice cream and place a pastry lid on top.
3. Serve warm - 27.5673
Welsh Cheese Savouries
Mix together the egg and cheese and bind with the dressing.
Divide between the pastry cases and garnish with onions. - 20.5198
Halibut Stew With Cucumbers
Halibut Stew With Cucumbers is a lovely fish preparation that is both filling and yummy. I served this for an informal get together for dinner and everyone loved it. Try the Halibut Stew With Cucumbers at home and you will understand why! - 29.5507
Mushroom And Bacon Puffs
Cook the mushrooms in the melted butter for about 5 minutes, reserve a few for garnish and mix the remainder into the white sauce.
Add the bacon, seasonings and chives or parsley.
Cook for 1-2 minutes.
Fill the vol-au-vent cases with this mixture and garnish... - 33.5375
Asparagus In Puff Pastry
Wash, dry, and peel the asparagus.
Cut into pieces 1 1/2 inches long.
Bring the water and salt to a boil.
Boil the asparagus about 15 minutes and drain.
Preheat the oven to 225°.
Clean, rinse off, pat dry, and finely slice the mushrooms.
Sprinkle with the... - 43.0343
Line cases with tiny lettuce leaves.
Mix remaining ingredients together with the gherkins and radishes, if used.
Place mixture into cases and garnish each with tulip-cut radishes. - 34.7565
Fiddlehead Greens And Pearl Onion Croustade
Fiddlehead Greens And Pearl Onion Croustade is a nice dish. Fiddlehead Greens And Pearl Onion Croustade dish is simple to make and also tastes great. All you have to do is to make sure you follow the recipe correctly. Good one for you to try! - 25.7239
Chicken Amandine Patties
Heat the oil in a saucepan.
Saute the onion, pepper and mushrooms for a few minutes without browning the onion.
Add the cornflour and mix well.
Cook for a few minutes then remove from the heat and stir in the chicken stock and white wine.
Return to the heat... - 40.2242
Quick Chicken Pies
1. Melt butter in a large frying pan and cook mushrooms and spring onions over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
2. Combine sherry, soup, milk, mustard and cayenne pepper, pour into pan with mushroom mixture. Cook over a low heat,... - 34.5859
Turkey With Paprika
1.Combine the vegetables and microwave at 100% for 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add in the cooked turkey and keep aside.
3.Melt the butter for 40 seconds at 100%.
4. Add in flour and the chicken concentrate.
5.Now, add milk.
6.Stir and cook at 100% for 4 to 5... - 47.8129
Filling Melt butter in pan, add flour, cook few minutes, stirring.
Remove from heat, stir in milk, blend until smooth, then stir in wine, cream and mayonnaise.
Return to heat, stir over heat until sauce boils and thickens, reduce heat, continue stirring,... - 39.9828
Effortless Entrees Part 1 - Tuscan Fantasy Chicken Kebab
Finally to finish the meal here is an endearing dessert. Watch Stacey make the layered pastry and top it with whipped cream and fresh berries. A few ingredients and easy to make this dessert winds up the meal in a truly just fashion! - 102.385
Quick Puff Pastry Hearts
The way to your loved one's heart is through their stomach, so tempt him/her with these delicious puff pastry hearts! - 135.518
Poached Veal Dumplings In Mushroom Sauce
Mince 5 oz.
of lean veal or pie veal very finely; add the same quantity of crustless bread soaked in milk or stock and then squeezed out, some salt, pepper, finely chopped onion and chopped parsley.
Bind with a beaten egg.
The mixture should be extremely... - 26.746
Croustades Of Salmon
Croustades is the name given to square cases of food, generally fried bread, which are used to hold a filling.
They are very like a vol au vent, but made much more quickly.
The fried bread cases freeze well and only need defrosting and reheating in a... - 42.7076
Scallops In Pastry Shells
Heat butter in skillet.
Add mushrooms, wine, shallot and parsley; cook 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high heat.
Stir in scallops and continue cooking 2 minutes over medium heat.
Pour in white sauce, season and cook 1 minute.
Place pastry shells on ovenproof... - 34.6955
Mushroom And Chicken A La King
1. In a small saucepan, combine cream and milk and heat over a low flame. Set aside.
2. In a skillet, melt the chicken fat and butter.
3. Blend in the flour and sauté for a few minutes until cooked.
4. Gradually pour in the warm milk-cream, stirring... - 46.321
French Puff Pastry
Use equal quantities of flour and fat.
The fat used varies with the purpose for which the pastry is intended; it may be butter, margarine, or, for such uses as vol-au-vent cases, lard, or raw fat from an ox-kidney, finely chopped and mixed with a little... - 25.4216
Ricotta With Chocolate
Place cheese in small bowl of electric mixer, beat until smooth, add sugar, Grand Marnier and cream, beat until combined.
Add chopped chocolate and stir through.
Divide mixture between four dessert glasses.
Place water and chopped extra chocolate in pan, stir... - 39.2258
Chicken A La King With Button Mushrooms
1) Preheat moderate oven (350°F, 180°C or Gas No. 4).
2) Halve, pit and shred green pepper.
3) Trim and slice the mushrooms.
4) Grease roasting tin with a little butter.
5) Place chicken joints in a roasting tin and wrap with buttered... - 44.9327
Pate Feuillete Or Puff Pastry
Knead the butter with very cold water.
Mix in half cup of the flour to absorb the water, kneading well.
Flatten the butter into a rectangle, cover and refrigerate.
On a very cold surface, place three and a half cups of flour.
Make a well in the center and... - 36.3767
Flavored Chicken A La King
Melt the butter at 100% for 1 minute.
Add the onion and celery and cook at 100% for 2 minutes.
Stir in the flour and mix well.
Add the chicken stock and the milk, stir and cook at 100% until the sauce thickens, stirring every 2 minutes.
Add the cream, dry... - 43.0591
Brandade Of Dried Salt Cod
Soak the salt cod for at least 12 hours, changing the water twice, then cook the cod as above, let it drain in a colander, and keep it hot.
Peel and boil some floury potatoes (i.e.
King Edwards) in the same water as you have used for the fish.
While the... - 32.5611
Frozen Puff Pastry
Mix flour and salt in a bowl.
Combine water and lemon juice, sprinkle evenly over flour, about 1/4 cup at a time, mixing lightly and quickly with a fork after each addition (pastry should hold together, be firm yet pliable).
Add a few drops more ice water if... - 36.7935