- » Virginia Soup
Virginia Soup Recipes
Enjoy our collection of virginia soup recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for virginia soup recipes.
Virginia Peanut Soup
Melt butter in cooking vessel and add onion and celery.
Saute for 5 minutes, but do not brown.
Add flour and mix well.
Add hot chicken broth and cook 1/2 hour.
Remove from stove, strain, and add peanut butter, celery salt, and lemon juice.
Just before... - 38.2258
Virginia Peanut Soup
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over moderately high heat. Add the carrot, celery, onion, and garlic and saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the flour and cook 2 minutes longer. (Do not allow to brown.)
2. Gradually whisk in the stock and... - 35.351
Virginia Oyster Soup
Drain liquor from oysters.
Heat the liquor and milk in a saucepan.
Blend thoroughly the butter and flour.
Mix the butter and flour mixture in 1 cup cold milk and gradually pour hot milk on the flour-butter-milk.
Return to fire in a double boiler and cook 15... - 31.2405
You May Also Like!
Virginia's Chicken Baked Pork Chops
Here's the kind of everyday dish that families take to their hearts and adopt permanently.
Using a flameproof-ovenproof covered casserole brown the salted chops in drippings.
Cover with rice.
Combine soup and milk, and pour over rice, making sure all rice is... - 26.3896
Corn And Crab Chowder
Chef Maxwell has a recipe for a special corn and Virginia crab chowder to warm us up on these cold winter days! - 113.827
Virginia's Beef Stew
1) Ina slow cooker, combine together all the ingredients.
2) Cover the cooker and bake over high heat for 5 hours.
3) Serve hot. - 39.2803
Heat the Clear Consomme almost to the boiling point.
Add the sherry.
Place 1 teaspoon of minced virginia ham in the bottom of each of 6 warmed bouillon cups.
Pour the Clear Consomme over the virginia ham. - 20.8932
Diced Winter Melon Soup
Combine broth, winter melon, mushrooms, tangerine peel, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots in large kettle; cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer gently 1 hour, adding chicken last 10 minutes.
Discard tangerine peel and adjust seasonings with... - 33.0469
Chinese Chicken Whiskey Soup
Remove tips from wings and reserve for future stock.
Cut wings at joints and set aside.
Cut out any hard membrane in fungus and pull apart into bite-size pieces.
Tie each needle into a knot and set aside.
Heat oil, sprinkle with salt and cook and... - 40.3004
Strawberry And Mint Soup
May is fresh strawberry season in Virginia, and Chef Maxwell has a tasty treat for you to enjoy, Strawberry soup. Here's the Chef! - 135.501
1. Cut the pumpkin into chunks and simmer in water until tender, for about 5 minutes. Drain. Puree the pumpkin in a blender or rub it through a fine sieve.
2. Heat the milk in a heavy pan. Stir in the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and butter. Season to taste... - 36.1785
Authentic Winter Melon Soup
Cover the stewing chicken and pork hock with the water; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 45 minutes.
Add the whole chicken breast and simmer 15 minutes longer.
Cut the breast from the stewing chicken and remove it and the other breast from the... - 42.1212
Chinese Cabbage With Ham
1. Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add cabbage and salt, stirring for 30 seconds. Pour in soup stock. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
2. Increase heat to high. Stir in sugar and milk; mix well. Thicken with cornstarch... - 27.1913