- » Vichyssoise
Vichyssoise is a simple and chilled leek and potato soup, which pureeds. It is pronounced as “Vee shee swaz”, or “Veesh eee swaz”. Most of the Americans tend to pronounce the soup as "vee ... More »
1 Wash the leeks throughly and cut into 1-inch lengths.
2 In a large saucepan, melt butter.
3 Add the leeks and saute gently until soft, make sure not to let them brown.
4 Peel the potatoes and slice them.
5 Add to the leeks,... - 48.4175
You ask why I am excited about sharing this vichyssoise recipe with you? simply because I think that this is the best recipe in the world. The vichyssoise is made with leeks and potatoes which can be easily found at any grocery store. This soup makes a... - 48.3416
1) Mix glutamate powder or yeast with 1/4 pint water.
2) In a saucepan or in a pressure cooker, over low heat, heat butter and sauté leeks, potatoes and garlic in it for a few minutes.
3) Pour in water and salt and simmer, covered for 30 minutes in... - 48.2569
Paprika Fused Vichyssoise
Melt butter in saucepan.
Add onions and celery, stirring constantly.
Add chicken stock, potatoes and salt.
Cook until potatoes are tender, about 30 to 40 minutes.
Rub through fine sieve or put in blender for a few minutes and return to heat.
Add cream and... - 47.7832
Trying hard to appease your craving for a wonderful dish? Specially made to appease your taste-buds, this Vichyssoise uses some of the best liked combintaions of ingredients. Follow this easy and simple recipe to make Vichyssoise on your own. - 47.7434
Creamy Vichyssoise Soup
1. Prepare the leeks by cutting the green tops and discarding their green tops.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter and fry the leeks and onions over medium low heat with constant stirring for 5 minute such that soft.
3. Add the stock,... - 47.6352
Vichyssoise With Yogurt
1) In a very large oven-safe bowl, place the onion and oil.
2) On high power, cook covered for 3 minutes or until the onion is soft. Do not brown.
3) To this, add the potatoes and leeks.
4) Cook covered for 5 minutes, on high power.
5) To this, add... - 47.4362
Garlic Flavored Cold Vichyssoise
Heat the butter in a large heavy saucepan.
Add the potatoes, onions, leeks, garlic and 1 cup of the chicken bouillon.
Simmer covered over very low heat until the vegetables are very soft.
Add the remaining chicken broth.
Simmer covered for 10... - 47.4317
Sherry Enhanced Vichyssoise Soup
1. With a knife, peel and dice potatoes. Keep aside.
2. In a 2–litre microwaveable casserole, mix butter and leeks.
3. In the microwave, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes at High.
4. Blend in the broth, salt and pepper.
5. In the... - 46.7659
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© leeks for 5 minutes or until golden browned.
2) Stir in the potatoes, celery, stock and seasoning to taste.
3) Allow the leek mixture to boil.
4) Place the lid on and simmer for 30 minutes or until the... - 46.0897
Cook leeks, onion, and celery in butter till tender.
Add potatoes, broth, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Cook 25 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, place carrots in 1/2 cup boiling salted water.
Cover; simmer 6 to 8 minutes.
Rub leek mixture through fine sieve or puree... - 45.9642
Cut leeks into 5 mm (1/4-inch) slices, use white part plus about 2.5 cm (1-inch) of lightest green.
Chop onion finely.
Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan and saute leeks and onion, covered, over a moderate heat until soft, approximately 10 minutes (do not... - 45.7463
1.Heat butter and saute leeks and onios in it until soft.
2.Stir in potatoes, stock, salt and pepper.
3.Let the ingredients simmer for a while until vegetables are cooked.
4.Sieve the mixture.
5.Put it in the pan a gain and heat until boil.
6.Add... - 45.7205
Prepare chicken broth 1 or 2 days before serving.
Cover chicken with water in a large saucepan.
Add Bovril, bouillon cube, celery strips, dried green onion, salt and Meiyen powder.
Simmer covered about 2 hours.
Allow broth to cool and then refrigerate... - 45.5171
Try this alluring Celery Vichyssoise recipe. An easily prepared vegetable recipe, this is a dish which you will always love to serve to your friends. - 45.4262
Chicken Flavored Vichyssoise Soup
Split leeks in half lengthwise so you can wash thoroughly, then cut in 1-inch lengths; discard tough green tops.
Or cut white part of green onions in 1-inch lengths.
Using metal blade, process leeks or green onions with on-off bursts until coarsely... - 45.4139
1. Remove the tops from leeks; slice leeks to make about 2/3 cup.
2. In a saucepan cook leeks and onion in butter or margarine till vegetables are tender but not brown.
3. Stir in the sliced potatoes, chicken broth or White Stock, and salt bring the... - 45.2402
1. Chop 1 inch from the top white end of leeks and slice away the roots.
2. Cut it lengthwise through the centre and then wash thoroughly in cold water.
3. Finely shred the leeks.
4. Peel onion and chop.
5. Peel potato and dice.
6. In a... - 45.154
1) In a saucepan, combine the potatoes, carrots, leeks, ham or bacon bones and chicken stock together.
2) Cover the pan, bring slowly to a boil and simmer until the vegetables are very soft.
3) Remove the bones, press the soup through a sieve or puree... - 45.0442
Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan.
Add the leeks and onion and saute over medium heat until the vegetables are tender.
Do not brown.
Add the potatoes, bay leaf, chicken stock, and water.
Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 20... - 45.0145
Red Pepper Vichyssoise
Melt butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; add leeks and saute until soft.
Add potatoes and broth; simmer, partly covered, until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
Puree soup in blender or food processor in batches; put pureed mixture in a large... - 44.8897
1) Cut off the green tops from the leeks and thinly slice the white portion.
2) In a saucepan, saute the leeks in butter for 5 minutes.
3) Then stir in the sliced potatoes and chicken broth.
4) Cook, uncovered, over a medium heat for... - 44.8793
In a 3-quart casserole, combine the leeks, onions, and margarine or butter.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until the margarine or butter is melted.
Stir and microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
Add the potatoes and 2... - 44.5652
1. In a saucepan, melt butter over low flame.
2. Add leeks and onion and continue to cook over a low flame until they are tender but not brown.
3. Add chicken broth, parsley, celery, salt, pepper, nutmeg and Worcestershire sauce. Mix it well.
4.... - 44.543
In saucepan cook leeks and onion in butter, or margarine till tender but not brown.
Add potatoes, broth, and salt.
Cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
Rub through very fine sieve, or place in blender container; cover and blend till smooth.
Return to heat; add milk and... - 44.5113
This is a very delicious version of the classic Vichysoisse soup, see recipe right.
Traditionally, this soup is served cold, but both versions make a very good hot soup, with certain changes in the way the ingredients are added.
Peel and dice the... - 44.3895
Cold Yogurt Vichyssoise
1. In a soup pot, combine the vegetables and the broth.
2. Place pan on a medium low flame and simmer the vegetables for about 45 minutes until very tender.
3. Let cool slightly.
4. In a food processor or liquidizer jar, turn the vegetables and the... - 44.3797
1. Slice only the white portion of the leeks thinly
2. In a two litre casserole, melt butter/margarine for half a minute, add leek and onion to it and microwave for another three minutes till
3. Add celery, stock cubes potatoes and water, cover and... - 44.2741
1) Take a pan and melt the butter in it.
2) Add the green and white portions of the leek along with the onions.
3) Cover the pan and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes over very low heat.
4) Take care to see that the vegetables do not brown but are merely... - 44.2138
Sherry Enhanced Vichyssoise
Set Power Select at HIGH.
In 2-quart casserole dish, heat butter and leeks 3 to 4 minutes; stir in broth, salt and pepper.
Heat, covered, 3 to 4 minutes at HIGH.
Set Power Select at MEDIUM.
Heat, covered, 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel and dice potatoes.
With... - 43.9444
Add On Vichyssoise
Prepare leeks, then coarsely chop.
Melt butter in a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium heat.
Add leeks and onion; cook, stirring often, until leeks are very soft and slightly tinged with brown (about 30 minutes).
Add potatoes, broth, and cucumber.
Bring to a boil... - 43.9311
1) Rinse the potatoes, peel and slice them.
2) To the potatoes, add the water and seasoned stock base.
3) Bring the contents to a boil and cook till the potatoes are very soft.
4) Through a fine sieve, force the potatoes or puree them in a blender.... - 43.923
Lazy Day Vichyssoise
1 In a deep 1-quart casserole with lid, combine frozen onions, water, bouillon granules and butter or margarine. Cover.
2 Microwave at 100% (HIGH) for 3 minutes.
3 Stir until sauce is smooth.
4 Stir in milk and cover.
5 Microwave at... - 43.8219
Consomme Flavored Vichyssoise Soup
1. Finely chop leeks and onions
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter.
3. Saute the onion and leeks until soft.
4. Add potatoes, consomme and salt stir well.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce flame, cover the pan and simmer for 35 minutes... - 43.4848
Healthy Vichyssoise Soup
1) Take a 1-quart saucepan and heat margarine in it until bubbly.
2) SautÃ© potato, leeks, salt, and pepper in it over medium heat, until leeks are soft.
3) Pour in broth and allow the mixture to come to a boil, stirring occasionally.
4) Lower heat... - 43.2533
Combine butter and leeks in 2-quart casserole.
Cook at HIGH 3 to 4 minutes; stir in broth, salt and pepper.
Cook, covered, with lid, at HIGH 3 minutes and at MEDIUM 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel and dice, potatoes.
With electric mixer, blender or food processor,... - 43.2195
Vichyssoise Using Whipping Cream
In 2-quart casserole dish, combine butter and leeks.
Heat at high3 to 4 minutes; stir in broth, salt and pepper.
Heat, covered, with glass lid, at high3 to 4 minutes and at medium 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel and dice potatoes.
With electric mixer, blender or... - 42.8804
New Potato Vichyssoise
In a stockpot, melt butter; saute onion until tender, but not brown.
Add potatoes, broth, nutmeg and pepper.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
Pour into blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into large container; add milk and... - 42.8545
In a large heavy saucepan, melt the margarine over moderate heat.
Add the onion, leek, and celery, and cook, uncovered, until the vegetables are tender 6 to 8 minutes.
Add the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes more.
Stir in the chicken broth... - 42.6609
Low Fat Vichyssoise
1) Use cooking spray in a saucepan.
2) Add in the onions and cook till tender, without browning.
3) Add in the potatoes and chicken broth and cook till potatoes soften. Cool.
4) Add into a blender and blend.
5) Transfer back into the saucepan with... - 42.5294
Slice leeks and onions and fry in butter until just turning golden.
Add peeled and sliced potatoes, chicken stock and salt.
Bring to boil; reduce heat, cook 35 to 40 minutes; cool.
Place about half the cooled mixture in blender, blend on high speed 1... - 42.4893
1.Cut off the green part and tough outer leaves of the leeks.
Split them into quarters and wash thoroughly to remove sand.
Dry them, chop fine, and cook slowly in the butter.
2.Add the diced potatoes, and enough hot chicken stock to barely cover... - 42.3917
1) In a skillet heat margarine, brown scallions in it and set aside.
2) In a bowl, combine cubes and boiling water to prepare bouillon.
3) Stir in potatoes along with 2 cups of bouillon to scallions.
4) Season with salt and pepper and bring to a... - 42.2947
Quick & Easy Vichyssoise
1) Wash and clean the leeks under water so that all the sand and dirt ingrediants are removed.
2) Cut the white part of the leek into cubes. Use the lower third to the green part of the leeks.
3) Peel, cut and chop the potatoes into quarts and... - 42.1918
Vichyssoise With Croutons
Melt the butter in a pan, add the onions and cook, without browning, for 10 minutes.
Add the leeks and potatoes and toss well.
Stir in the stock and add the bouquet garni, and salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes,... - 42.1613
Remove tops from leeks; slice leeks .
In 2-quart saucepan cook leeks and onion in butter till tender but not brown.
Stir in potatoes, water, bouillon granules, and salt.
Bring to boiling.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or till potatoes are... - 42.0473
Cook green onions, onion, shallots, celery and parsley in butter, covered, until vegetables are soft but not brown.
Add stock, potatoes, watercress and thyme.
Cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer until potatoes are soft.
Puree, cool and blend in sour... - 41.6756
Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
Add the leeks and onion and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
Stir in the stock, potatoes, parsley, celery and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until the... - 41.5187
Chicken Flavored Vichyssoise
Place potatoes in 2-qt casserole.
Stir bouillon into hot water.
Pour over potatoes; cover.
Microwave at High 9 to 12 minutes, or until tender, stirring 1 or 2 times.
Remove potatoes with liquid to large bowl.
Add 3 tablespoons of the butter and 1/2 cup of the... - 41.3536
In a deep, 2 1/2 quart to 3-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole, melt butter on full power 30 seconds.
Add leeks and onions.
Heat, uncovered, on full power an additional 3 minutes.
Add diced potatoes and chicken broth to butter-leek... - 41.3321
1. In a large saucepan, boil the potatoes in salted water for about 30 minutes until very tender.
2. Drain thoroughly and when cool enough to handle, peel.
3. Add to a bowl and mash with a potato masher or back of a large spoon. Set... - 41.3232
Use only the white part of the leeks.
Cut them in quarters lengthwise and wash well.
Drain and chop.
Melt the butter in a pan and cook the leeks gently until softened but not brown.
Add potatoes, salt and pepper, and water barely to... - 41.3051
Melt the butter in a large pan, add the onions and fry gently until translucent but not browned.
Add the leeks and fry for 5 minutes.
Add the potatoes and stock.
Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Cool slightly, then sieve or work in an... - 40.9869
In saucepan cook leeks and onion in butter till tender but not brown; add potatoes, broth, and 1 tablespoon salt.
Cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
Rub through fine sieve.
Return to heat; add milk and light cream.
Season to taste.
Bring to boiling.
Cool; rub through... - 40.7805
1. In a blender jar with puree blades, put together chicken bouillon, water, salt, celery salt and onion; process for 15 seconds until onion is finely chopped.
2. Add potatoes and 1 cup milk; process for another 15 seconds until smooth.
3. Frequently... - 40.7279
Slice leeks 1/4 inch thick, using white part plus about 1 inch of lightest green leek.
Melt butter in a large heavy pan and saute leeks and chopped onion, covered, over a low heat until soft (about 10 minutes).
Add chicken stock, sliced potato, parsley,... - 40.4069
Vichyssoise A La Ritz-carlton
In a deep kettle, brown the leeks and onion very lightly in the butter.
Add the potatoes, broth and salt and boil thirty five minutes, or until very tender.
Crush and rub through a fine sieve or puree in an electric blender.
Return the sieved mixture to the... - 40.1448
Vichyssoise Feather Fans
Soften yeast in water.
In large mixer bowl, combine undiluted soup, ,1 cup butter, sugar, milk and salt.
Mix at low speed of mixer until smooth.
Add eggs, chives, yeast and 1 1/2 cups flour.
Blend well; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
Gradually stir in... - 39.9391
Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat.
Add leek and garlic; saute 4 minutes.
Add cauliflower and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Place half of... - 39.8399
Hearty Crab Vichyssoise
Hearty Crab Vichyssoise is an irresistible mouth-watering recipe. An easy to prepare seafood recipe, this Hearty Crab Vichyssoise is a dish that you would surely love to try. - 39.8203
Watercress Vichyssoise is a mouth watering appetizer dish. An easy to prepare watercress recipe wont let you forget its taste forever. So, give it a try and squander its taste! - 39.8154
Cut the potatoes in pieces, unpeeled.
Saute butter and onion in large saucepan for 10 minutes.
Add potatoes, broth and cucumber.
Bring to a boil and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
Process, either in food processor or blender until smooth.
Add sugar and season with... - 39.7353
1) Simmer the leeks or onions and potatoes in the chicken bouillon for 10 minutes until tender.
2) Allow to cool, then combine with the parsley, salt and milk.
3) Puree in the blender until smooth.
4) Stir in the cream and refrigerate.
5)... - 39.6826
Saute leeks and onion in oil until soft.
Add potatoes, then chicken stock.
Simmer, covered, until the vegetables are very tender.
Drain and put them through a food mill.
Combine skim milk powder and water with a wire whisk; add to pureed soup.
Return soup to... - 39.6556
Over low heat cook chopped leeks or green onions and sliced onion in butter until soft, but not browned.
Add chicken broth and potatoes, and cook, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
Press through a fine sieve, or blend in an electric... - 39.626
1) In a saucepan, add soup and milk.
2) Place the saucepan over low heat to thaw the soup by continuous stirring. Do not boil.
3) Fold in tomato.
4) Use a blender to beat the ingredients to smooth consistency.
5) Transfer in a bowl and place inside... - 39.5355
1) Prepare all the ingredients.
2) Take a 2 1/2 qt. glass casserole, place butter, leeks and onion in it.
3) Microwave (high) the ingredients for 3 minutes.
4) Add potatoes and broth.
5) Again Microwave (high) 12-15 minutes, stirring... - 39.4534
1. Take a 2 quart saucepan and add onion and broth.
2. Allow the mixture to be heated to boiling.
3. Take off from heat, add potatoes and stir.
4. Cover and keep aside for 8 to 10 minutes for the liquid to be absorbed completely by potatoes.
5. Stir... - 39.4003
Wash fresh asparagus.
Snap off heavy woody ends; discard.
Cut off 6 fresh asparagus tips, about 1 inch long, to use as garnish.
Cook fresh asparagus, including reserved tips, in 1/2 cup water until tender, about 10 minutes.
Drain, discarding water.
If using... - 39.3053
Hot Or Cold Vichyssoise
Hot Or Cold Vichyssoise has a smoother taste. Hot Or Cold Vichyssoise can be tried by Vegetarians. Hot Or Cold Vichyssoise is very easy to prepare. - 38.8873
Saute' leeks and onion gently in butter or mar-garine until transparent but not brown.
Add 2 cups broth, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Cook potatoes until tender; drain well, and crush with fork.
Add to leeks with remaining broth.
Simmer 5 minutes.
Put through... - 38.8206
Heat oil in pot and in it saute leeks and onions.
Add potatoes, stock and salt and cover.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
Return to pot.
Add mixture of milk, milk powder, soy flour and yeast.
Cover and heat just until soup comes to a boil.
Remove from... - 38.509
Vichyssoise For Kids
Combine onion, bouillon cubes, water and salt in large saucepan.
Heat to boiling.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Add 1/2 cup of the milk.
Stir in potato puffs and whip with fork until fluffy.
Gradually stir in remaining 1... - 38.4435
Put the potatoes, turnips and celery in a large pan with the butter or oil and the water, adding a little more water if necessary to cover the vegetables.
Cover the pan and simmer the vegetables for 15-20 minutes, until they are soft.
Transfer the vegetables... - 38.402
Vichyssoise With Sour Cream
In a saucepan melt the butter.
Chop the leeks, shallots, onion and potatoes in the work bowl.
Add to the saucepan and saute for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
Add all other ingredients except sour cream and chives.
Simmer for 45 minutes.
Place into the... - 38.3014
Mix together leeks, potatoes and water in 2 1/2 quart casserole.
Cover, cook in Radarange oven 15 minutes.
Stir in butter and crushed bouillon cubes.
Process in blender until very smooth.
Return to casserole, stir in cream, milk, and seasonings.
Cover, cook... - 38.0669
Cut and discard the roots and tough leaves from the leeks.
Cut the leeks lengthwise in half and rinse under cold water to remove the dirt.
Then cut the leeks crosswise into 1/4"-thick slices (you should have 2 cups).
Lightly spray an unheated medium saucepan... - 38.0036
Combine first 3 ingredients in a deep 3-quart casserole.
Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap, and microwave at HIGH 14 to 16 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Pour mixture into container of an electric blender or food processor; top with cover, and... - 37.959
Over low heat, cook leeks or green onions and sliced onion in butter until soft, but not browned.
Add chicken broth and potatoes and cook, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
Press through a fine wire strainer, or blend smooth in an electric... - 37.9452
Old Fashioned Vichyssoise
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the leeks and onion and cook over a moderate heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow the vegetables to change colour.
2. Add the stock, nutmeg, potatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Bring the mixture to the... - 37.7538
Vichyssoise Using Half And Half
1) Melt the butter in a 2-quart saucepan.
2) In the bowl, position the disc with the slicing side up and slice the onion.
3) Add the sliced onion to the saucepan and sauté gently for about 3 minutes till it is soft.
4) In the bowl, position the disc... - 37.6209
Combine water, parsley, and bouillon cubes; bring to boiling; stir to dissolve cubes.
Remove from heat; add cream; stir in potatoes.
Cool at room temperature 15 minutes.
Add cheese; blend in blender till smooth.
Garnish with chives. - 37.3273
Heat the butter, and fry the chopped onions and leeks in this until golden but not brown.
Add stock, chopped potatoes, seasoning and the parsley.
Simmer for 30 minutes, rub through a sieve and return to pan.
Blend the eggs or yolks with the cream or milk, add... - 37.2707
Vichyssoise Using Heavy Cream
This Vichyssoise tastes terrific ! Try out this Vichyssoise for your dinner tonight and tell me if yu've enjoyed it ! Your suggestions are most welcome ! - 37.0524
Quick Vichyssoise Using Instant Potato Buds
Place butter and onion in a 2 qt.glass casserole dish.
Cover and microwave 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
Stir in bouillon, water, celery salt and 1/2 cup milk.
Cover and microwave 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
Stir in instant potato buds... - 36.859
Heat leeks and onion in butter in large skillet until transparent; do not brown.
Add potatoes, stock, and salt; simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
Pour into blender; puree.
Stir in cream and Tabasco.
Strain through sieve; chill. - 36.6652
1) In a saucepan, add soup, milk, and water to combine.
2) Place the saucepan over low heat to thaw the soup by stirring frequently. Do not boil the soup.
3) Fold in spinach.
4) In a blender container, transfer the soup to process to smooth... - 36.3978
Saute leeks and onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender, but not brown.
Put in soup pot with chicken bouillon.
Cook about 15 minutes; strain through sieve.
Add' dehydrated potatoes, stirring until smooth.
Season with salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon butter and... - 36.2258
Cook leeks, onion and garlic in butter, covered, until soft.
Add stock, seasonings and potatoes; cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer until potatoes are soft.
Puree, add milk and cream, blend well and chill.
Adjust seasonings with salt, pepper and... - 36.2097
Zucchini And Watercress Vichyssoise
In saucepan, combine zucchini, potato, onion and chicken stock; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
In food processor or blender, puree hot mixture with lemon juice and watercress until smooth.
Stir in milk, salt and pepper to... - 36.1218
In a stockpot, melt butter; saute" leeks and onion until tender, but not golden.
Add potatoes and chicken stock; simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Pour into blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into large container and stir in cream.
Cover... - 36.0645
Heat onion, bouillon cubes, water and salt in large saucepan until mixture boils.
Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 10 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup milk.
Mix in potato puffs with fork; beat until fluffy.
Stir in 1 1/2 cups milk gradually;... - 35.4068
Melt butter in saucepan over low heat; add onions and celery.
Saute until tender and transparent; add stock, potatoes and salt.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Force mixture through sieve; add cream,... - 35.383
10 Minute Vichyssoise
Put potatoes, onion, and chicken broth into cooker.
Close cover and set pressure regulator in place.
When regulator is rocking gently, cook for 5 minutes.
Cool at once.
Mash the potatoes and liquid through a sieve into a large bowl.
Add salt and milk; mix... - 35.3381
Vichyssoise Using Skim Milk
Melt the butter over low heat in a 3-quart nonstick saucepan, add the leeks, onion, and potato, and saute gently for 2 minutes.
Do not allow the vegetables to brown.
Add the stock, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, covered, for 20 to 30 minutes,... - 35.1367
1. Cut off roots and trim dark green tops from leeks; cut each leek lengthwise in half. Slice enough of white and pale green parts to equal 4 1/2 cups. (Reserve any leftover leeks for another use.) Rinse leeks in large bowl of cold water, swishing to remove... - 34.779
1) In a saucepan, add soup and milk.
2) Place the saucepan over reduced heat and thaw the soup completely by stirring frequently. But do not boil.
3) Use a blender or rotary beater, to process the soup to smooth.
4) Strain the soup and transfer on a... - 34.772
Melt the margarine in a large saucepan over moderate heat.
Add the leeks, onion and potatoes and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
Add stock, bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Place stock mixture and milk in a food processor or... - 34.713
Remove all green part of leeks.
Shred the white finely.
Peel and chop potatoes into dice.
Melt butter in a saucepan, add leeks and potatoes and cook gently for 10 minutes.
Add stock and seasoning and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
Cool and rub through sieve.
Add... - 34.3917
Red Pepper Vichyssoise
Saute leeks in hot butter until soft.
Add potatoes and stock; simmer partially covered until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
Puree soup; add cream.
Season to taste. - 33.9642
Vichyssoise Recipes By Category