- » Vichyssoise
Vichyssoise is a simple and chilled leek and potato soup, which pureeds. It is pronounced as “Vee shee swaz”, or “Veesh eee swaz”. Most of the Americans tend to pronounce the soup as "vee ... More »
1) Mix glutamate powder or yeast with 1/4 pint water.
2) In a saucepan or in a pressure cooker, over low heat, heat butter and sauté leeks, potatoes and garlic in it for a few minutes.
3) Pour in water and salt and simmer, covered for 30 minutes in... - 48.1255
You ask why I am excited about sharing this vichyssoise recipe with you? simply because I think that this is the best recipe in the world. The vichyssoise is made with leeks and potatoes which can be easily found at any grocery store. This soup makes a... - 47.8266
1 Wash the leeks throughly and cut into 1-inch lengths.
2 In a large saucepan, melt butter.
3 Add the leeks and saute gently until soft, make sure not to let them brown.
4 Peel the potatoes and slice them.
5 Add to the leeks,... - 47.6347
Creamy Vichyssoise Soup
1. Prepare the leeks by cutting the green tops and discarding their green tops.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter and fry the leeks and onions over medium low heat with constant stirring for 5 minute such that soft.
3. Add the stock,... - 47.5027
Vichyssoise With Yogurt
1) In a very large oven-safe bowl, place the onion and oil.
2) On high power, cook covered for 3 minutes or until the onion is soft. Do not brown.
3) To this, add the potatoes and leeks.
4) Cook covered for 5 minutes, on high power.
5) To this, add... - 47.4786
Paprika Fused Vichyssoise
Melt butter in saucepan.
Add onions and celery, stirring constantly.
Add chicken stock, potatoes and salt.
Cook until potatoes are tender, about 30 to 40 minutes.
Rub through fine sieve or put in blender for a few minutes and return to heat.
Add cream and... - 47.3447
Sherry Enhanced Vichyssoise Soup
1. With a knife, peel and dice potatoes. Keep aside.
2. In a 2–litre microwaveable casserole, mix butter and leeks.
3. In the microwave, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes at High.
4. Blend in the broth, salt and pepper.
5. In the... - 47.2413
Prepare chicken broth 1 or 2 days before serving.
Cover chicken with water in a large saucepan.
Add Bovril, bouillon cube, celery strips, dried green onion, salt and Meiyen powder.
Simmer covered about 2 hours.
Allow broth to cool and then refrigerate... - 47.1431
Trying hard to appease your craving for a wonderful dish? Specially made to appease your taste-buds, this Vichyssoise uses some of the best liked combintaions of ingredients. Follow this easy and simple recipe to make Vichyssoise on your own. - 47.0953
1. Remove the tops from leeks; slice leeks to make about 2/3 cup.
2. In a saucepan cook leeks and onion in butter or margarine till vegetables are tender but not brown.
3. Stir in the sliced potatoes, chicken broth or White Stock, and salt bring the... - 46.715
Garlic Flavored Cold Vichyssoise
Heat the butter in a large heavy saucepan.
Add the potatoes, onions, leeks, garlic and 1 cup of the chicken bouillon.
Simmer covered over very low heat until the vegetables are very soft.
Add the remaining chicken broth.
Simmer covered for 10... - 46.6245
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© leeks for 5 minutes or until golden browned.
2) Stir in the potatoes, celery, stock and seasoning to taste.
3) Allow the leek mixture to boil.
4) Place the lid on and simmer for 30 minutes or until the... - 46.6032
1. In a saucepan, melt butter over low flame.
2. Add leeks and onion and continue to cook over a low flame until they are tender but not brown.
3. Add chicken broth, parsley, celery, salt, pepper, nutmeg and Worcestershire sauce. Mix it well.
4.... - 46.5439
Warm Vichyssoise Soup
1.Heat butter and saute leeks and onios in it until soft.
2.Stir in potatoes, stock, salt and pepper.
3.Let the ingredients simmer for a while until vegetables are cooked.
4.Sieve the mixture.
5.Put it in the pan a gain and heat until boil.
6.Add... - 46.2518
Cook leeks, onion, and celery in butter till tender.
Add potatoes, broth, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Cook 25 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, place carrots in 1/2 cup boiling salted water.
Cover; simmer 6 to 8 minutes.
Rub leek mixture through fine sieve or puree... - 45.849
1. Chop 1 inch from the top white end of leeks and slice away the roots.
2. Cut it lengthwise through the centre and then wash thoroughly in cold water.
3. Finely shred the leeks.
4. Peel onion and chop.
5. Peel potato and dice.
6. In a... - 45.8293
1) Rinse the potatoes, peel and slice them.
2) To the potatoes, add the water and seasoned stock base.
3) Bring the contents to a boil and cook till the potatoes are very soft.
4) Through a fine sieve, force the potatoes or puree them in a blender.... - 44.7752
1) Cut off the green tops from the leeks and thinly slice the white portion.
2) In a saucepan, saute the leeks in butter for 5 minutes.
3) Then stir in the sliced potatoes and chicken broth.
4) Cook, uncovered, over a medium heat for... - 44.6937
1) In a saucepan, combine the potatoes, carrots, leeks, ham or bacon bones and chicken stock together.
2) Cover the pan, bring slowly to a boil and simmer until the vegetables are very soft.
3) Remove the bones, press the soup through a sieve or puree... - 44.5114
Healthy Vichyssoise Soup
1) Take a 1-quart saucepan and heat margarine in it until bubbly.
2) SautÃ© potato, leeks, salt, and pepper in it over medium heat, until leeks are soft.
3) Pour in broth and allow the mixture to come to a boil, stirring occasionally.
4) Lower heat... - 44.2147
1) Take a pan and melt the butter in it.
2) Add the green and white portions of the leek along with the onions.
3) Cover the pan and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes over very low heat.
4) Take care to see that the vegetables do not brown but are merely... - 43.9707
Cold Yogurt Vichyssoise
1. In a soup pot, combine the vegetables and the broth.
2. Place pan on a medium low flame and simmer the vegetables for about 45 minutes until very tender.
3. Let cool slightly.
4. In a food processor or liquidizer jar, turn the vegetables and the... - 43.9285
Chicken Flavored Vichyssoise Soup
Split leeks in half lengthwise so you can wash thoroughly, then cut in 1-inch lengths; discard tough green tops.
Or cut white part of green onions in 1-inch lengths.
Using metal blade, process leeks or green onions with on-off bursts until coarsely... - 43.8273
Lazy Day Vichyssoise
1 In a deep 1-quart casserole with lid, combine frozen onions, water, bouillon granules and butter or margarine. Cover.
2 Microwave at 100% (HIGH) for 3 minutes.
3 Stir until sauce is smooth.
4 Stir in milk and cover.
5 Microwave at... - 43.7537
Consomme Flavored Vichyssoise Soup
1. Finely chop leeks and onions
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter.
3. Saute the onion and leeks until soft.
4. Add potatoes, consomme and salt stir well.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce flame, cover the pan and simmer for 35 minutes... - 43.6652
Try this alluring Celery Vichyssoise recipe. An easily prepared vegetable recipe, this is a dish which you will always love to serve to your friends. - 43.592
Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan.
Add the leeks and onion and saute over medium heat until the vegetables are tender.
Do not brown.
Add the potatoes, bay leaf, chicken stock, and water.
Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 20... - 43.4248
This is a very delicious version of the classic Vichysoisse soup, see recipe right.
Traditionally, this soup is served cold, but both versions make a very good hot soup, with certain changes in the way the ingredients are added.
Peel and dice the... - 43.233
New Potato Vichyssoise
In a stockpot, melt butter; saute onion until tender, but not brown.
Add potatoes, broth, nutmeg and pepper.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
Pour into blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into large container; add milk and... - 43.1415
Cut leeks into 5 mm (1/4-inch) slices, use white part plus about 2.5 cm (1-inch) of lightest green.
Chop onion finely.
Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan and saute leeks and onion, covered, over a moderate heat until soft, approximately 10 minutes (do not... - 43.0323
Red Pepper Vichyssoise
Melt butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; add leeks and saute until soft.
Add potatoes and broth; simmer, partly covered, until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
Puree soup in blender or food processor in batches; put pureed mixture in a large... - 42.5697
1. Slice only the white portion of the leeks thinly
2. In a two litre casserole, melt butter/margarine for half a minute, add leek and onion to it and microwave for another three minutes till
3. Add celery, stock cubes potatoes and water, cover and... - 42.3822
1. In a large saucepan, boil the potatoes in salted water for about 30 minutes until very tender.
2. Drain thoroughly and when cool enough to handle, peel.
3. Add to a bowl and mash with a potato masher or back of a large spoon. Set... - 42.3113
In a 3-quart casserole, combine the leeks, onions, and margarine or butter.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until the margarine or butter is melted.
Stir and microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
Add the potatoes and 2... - 42.2686
In saucepan cook leeks and onion in butter, or margarine till tender but not brown.
Add potatoes, broth, and salt.
Cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
Rub through very fine sieve, or place in blender container; cover and blend till smooth.
Return to heat; add milk and... - 42.2426
Add On Vichyssoise
Prepare leeks, then coarsely chop.
Melt butter in a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium heat.
Add leeks and onion; cook, stirring often, until leeks are very soft and slightly tinged with brown (about 30 minutes).
Add potatoes, broth, and cucumber.
Bring to a boil... - 42.1696
Vichyssoise Using Whipping Cream
In 2-quart casserole dish, combine butter and leeks.
Heat at high3 to 4 minutes; stir in broth, salt and pepper.
Heat, covered, with glass lid, at high3 to 4 minutes and at medium 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel and dice potatoes.
With electric mixer, blender or... - 42.1166
Low Fat Vichyssoise
1) Use cooking spray in a saucepan.
2) Add in the onions and cook till tender, without browning.
3) Add in the potatoes and chicken broth and cook till potatoes soften. Cool.
4) Add into a blender and blend.
5) Transfer back into the saucepan with... - 41.883
Sherry Enhanced Vichyssoise
Set Power Select at HIGH.
In 2-quart casserole dish, heat butter and leeks 3 to 4 minutes; stir in broth, salt and pepper.
Heat, covered, 3 to 4 minutes at HIGH.
Set Power Select at MEDIUM.
Heat, covered, 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel and dice potatoes.
With... - 41.819
1) In a skillet heat margarine, brown scallions in it and set aside.
2) In a bowl, combine cubes and boiling water to prepare bouillon.
3) Stir in potatoes along with 2 cups of bouillon to scallions.
4) Season with salt and pepper and bring to a... - 41.7028
Vichyssoise Recipes By Category