- » Vegetarian Pastry
Vegetarian Pastry Recipes
Enjoy our collection of vegetarian pastry recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for vegetarian pastry recipes.
Pineapple Pastry With Microwave Eggless Sponge Cake
Pastries are not only meant to be tedious and time consuming. Try this Microwave Cake recipe for hassle-free ending. Like with any pastries the magic lies in the sponge sheet. You get that right and everything will be just so easy. Try your hands on this very... - 126.946
How To Make The Most Perfect Puff Pastry - Pate Feuilletee
Learn how to make a rich, buttery, flaky and crunchy puff pastry from scratch with this video tutorial. Learn all the tricks on how to make it, roll, storage and understand how puff pastry rise when baking. A complete tutorial! - 122.018
Puff Pastry - Recipe
This is a staple recipe, that everyone should try at least once in their life: the puff pastry. - 118.003
Butter Pastry For Pie
Follow this easy recipe for some great pie pastry (pie dough) made with butter. - 110.641
St Honoré Apple Pastry
This fall St. Honoré Boulangerie has been featuring two new fall pastries, the Grillé Aux Pomme and Tarte aux Pommes, both of which showcase the season's quintessential fruit- apples. We stop by and meet with owner and master baker Dominique Geulin to learn... - 109.338
Perfectly Blind Baked Pastry
Perfectly blind baked pastry is for all those people who love to make their tarts and pies in their own kitchen from the scratch. This video will show you how to get the best prebaked pie shell. Take a look at this video and learn the secrets of getting this... - 104.104
Short Crust Pastry
If you love to bake, this short crust pastry recipe will be very handy for you to make your tarts and pies. Its easy and quick and comes together really nice. As you make it with your own hand this is going to dignify your dishes. Take a look for the quick... - 103.852
Baked Puff Pastry With Walnut Filling
People with sweet tooth can never stop looking and eating desserts. Are you one such person? Here is a quick video that can help you make quick dessert with puff pastry. This is good when you have surprise guests coming or even if you plan ahead of time.... - 103.629
Puff Pastry Twist
This is an easy recipe to make Puff Pastry Twist. Puff Pastry Twist is a delicious appetizer. Check out this short video for this super easy recipe. - 102.506
Do you have a craving for a pastry? Try this Wonton pastry. It is easy to make and gets ready quickly. It has fried wanton decorated with cream and berries. It requires minimum preparation and can be made almost anytime. - 93.5889
Samosa Part 1: Pastry And Filling
Manjula is making India's most popular snack using potato and peas filling. The recipe requires a lot of practice but if you don’t get to eat samosas in your part of the world then you should try making them at home. The chef is making them in the easiest... - 82.7323
Homemade Persian Walnut Pastry Swirl - Part 1: Preparation
If you are nuts about walnuts, then you will surely enjoy making this Persian dessert delicacy at home. Perfect in taste and texture, this delightful, sweet tooth appeasing dish takes a little extra effort to make, but then all the toil is worth it. Tart your... - 76.1602
Basic Pastry Case
Not everyone knows how to bake a pastry case to perfection but after watching this video anyone can do that. Simple yet packed with just the information you need, this video teaches you how to bake your pastry case just right using uncooked rice. Heard of... - 72.6083
Cheese Roll Pastry
Do you want a great in taste Cheese Roll Pastry recipe? This Cheese Roll Pastry, when served as a Side Dish will always bring cheer to your table. The secret of this Cheese Roll Pastry recipe is something I am looking for too. Please try this Cheese Roll... - 49.9112
Stuffed Cabbage In A Pastry Case
Carefully detach the leaves from the cabbage, cutting away the coarse ends of the stalks.
Blanch the leaves, five at a time, in plenty of boiling water for 2 minutes.
Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh in cold water.
Reserve 250 ml/8 fl oz of the cabbage... - 48.5385
Deep Dish Rhubarb Pie With Cream Cheese Pastry
Deep Dish Rhubarb Pie With Cream Cheese Pastry is a mouth watering dessert recipe. An easy to prepare rhubarb recipe wont let you forget its taste forever. So, give it a try and squander its taste! - 48.114
Tart And Pie Pastry
To make the dough by hand, in a bowl stir together the flour, sugar and salt.
Add the butter or shortening and, using a pastry blender, fingertips or 2 knives, cut the butter or shortening into the flour until crumbly and the mixture resembles oatmeal.
Then,... - 47.991
Artichoke Pastry From Derbyshire
1) Preheat oven to moderate temperature before baking.
2) Mix together salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3) Cover artichokes with boiling salted water and cook until just soft and drain well, when done.
4) In a shallow oven-proof dish, place the... - 47.3517
Concord Grape Pie With Orange Pastry
ORANGE PASTRY: In bowl, combine flour, salt and orange rind; with pastry blender or two knives, cut in shortening until in coarse crumbs.
With fork, gradually mix in orange juice until moistened.
Press into ball; flatten into disc, cover lightly and... - 46.8264
Vegetable Pie With Nut Pastry
Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onions until softened.
Remove from the heat.
Cook the carrots, peas or beans and celery in boiling salted water until tender.
Drain off the water, reserving 300 ml/ 1/2 pint.
Melt the butter or margarine in another... - 46.0852
Spinach Pasties With Ready Puff Pastry
1) Into a saucepan, cook the spinach over a low flame till the moisture has all evaporated and keep aside
2) Into the same saucepan, beat in the butter, cheese, dill weed, nutmeg, lemon juice, pepper, garlic, and add salt generously
3) Keep aside to... - 45.9346
French Pastry Cookies
In mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, cream of tartar, butter and shortening.
Beat at low speed or cut with pastry blender until particles are fine.
Combine half & half and vanilla.
Gradually stir into flour mixture with fork just until dough forms. (Add more... - 45.3603
Crumb Topped Peach Pie With Pecan Pastry
Prepare Pecan Single-Crust Pastry.
On floured surface roll pastry to form 12-inch circle.
Fit pastry into 9-inch pie plate.
Trim to 1/2 inch beyond edge.
Fold under extra pastry.
Do not prick pastry.
For filling: In large mixing bowl stir together... - 44.8739
Pastry Filled With Nuts And Honey
Butter the bottom and sides of a large baking pan about 40 cm x 30 cm/16 in x 12 in.
Lay a sheet of phyllo in it, and brush with melted butter.
Place a second pastry sheet on top of the first, and butter again.
In this way, butter about 8 layers of... - 44.7218
Chocolate Puff Pastry
To make the dough, melt the butter and mix lightly with the flour, salt and water.
When all the ingredients are well blended, shape the dough into a ball, cover with clingfilm and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Soften the butter for the tourage with a... - 44.4252
Curry Puffs With Vegetable Pastry
Put all the prepared vegetables in a bowl, cover with water and set aside.
Meanwhile, mix the tomato puree, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, chilli powder, ground coriander, garam masala and salt in a small bowl.
Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan and fry the... - 44.4129
Pastry is basically a rich dough made with milk, butter, shortening, eggs. It is used in baking and serving some sweet or savory dish. Pastries can be filled with sweet filling or savory filling. The savory pastry makes a good side dish or even a snack or... - 43.9609
Almond And Sesame Seed Pastry
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. In a shallow baking pan, combine almonds and sesame seeds evenly and toast in middle rack of pre heated oven for 10 minutes or till they start to colour.
3. Remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
4.... - 42.9025
Ground Almond Flaky Pastry
1. In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour together with ground almond meal, rice flour and salt.
2. Cut the ¼ of the butter into small cubes and add to the flour.
3. Using your fingertips, rub the flour and fat until all the fat has been mixed with... - 41.6624
Microwave Perfect Microwave Pastry
1) Place a mixing bowl and add flour, shortening,salt and the optional sugar .mix till it crumbles into pea size.
2) Pour the water and food colour and mix well into ball.
3) Diviide the dough in half size portions, and flatten them into circles of... - 41.3205
1. Work the butter into a brick shape measuring 3 by 5 by 1 1/2 inches.
2. Spoon three tablespoons of flour onto waxed paper and coat butter with it. Wrap butter in waxed paper and refrigerate.
3. Place remaining flour in a large mixing bowl. With the fingers... - 41.2876
Bananas In Pastry
Cut in margarine.
Add only enough water to form a dough.
Divide dough into 5 equal pieces.
Roll a piece into a rectangle slightly longer and twice as wide as banana.
Place banana in center and pinch sides and ends to enclose banana.
Prick in... - 40.8388
Mint Pastry Wafers
1) Heat the oven to 400°.
2) In a large bowl, combine flour, butter and whipping cream.
3) Slowly beat till well mixed.
4) Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and wrap in plastic food wrap.
5) Refrigerate till firm.
6) On a well... - 40.8247
Cheddar Cheese Pastry
1) In a bowl, add flour and salt to combine.
2) With a pastry blender cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3) Add cheese to stir in.
4) Evenly sprinkle cold water over the surface and moisten the ingredients using a fork.
5)... - 40.7798
Raisin Pie With Pastry
1) Preheat oven at 425°F.
2) Wash and drain raisins.
3) Line a pie pan with pastry.
4) In a pot, add water and raisins, and simmer for 10 minutes.
5) Make a mixture of corn syrup mixed, cornstarch and salt and add to the pot.
6)... - 40.4788
Homemade Rough Puff Pastry
Sieve flour and salt together into a mixing bowl.
Cut fat into small pieces, add to flour and toss lightly so each piece of fat is coated with flour.
Add lemon juice and water to flour and fat and mix lightly with the blade of a knife making sure the pieces... - 40.47
1. Take a bowl and sift the flour and salt together into it.
2. Add shortening by cutting it in with the help of a pastry blender until the pieces resemble peas in size.
3. Sprinkle water slowly adding a teaspoon at a time and mix well with the aid of... - 40.3652
No Roll Pastry
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) In a pie pan, sift together flour and salt and add sugar.
3) In a cup, beat together with a fork Mazola oil and milk until creamy.
4) Pour the milk mixture in the middle of the flour mixture.
5) Fold the... - 40.1943
Pastry Made With Oil
1. Take a bowl and sift the flour and salt together into it.
2. Add some oil and mix it with the help of a pastry blender until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Sprinkle water slowly mixing it well with the aid of a fork.
4. Gather the dough... - 39.8289
1) In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and sesame seeds. Mix well.
2) To this, add the margarine and oil.
3) With a fork, blend the mixture well.
4) Gradually add water to form a soft dough. You can add more or less water,... - 39.7538
Spicy Diamond Shaped Pastry Bites
Sieve the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
Add the butter, chillies and cumin seeds.
Using your hands, blend together, gradually pouring in sufficient water to form a soft dough.
Dust the dough with flour and knead it for 3-5 minutes.
Let the dough rest for... - 39.3264
1) Blend the shortening and butter.
2) Sift the flours and salt together.
3) Cut in the shortening mix into the flour mix.
4) Add ice water till the mix can be formed into a ball.
5) Divide the dough into 4 portions and wrap in wax paper.
6) Chill for... - 38.5422
Extra Short Pastry
Mix flour and salt in a shallow bowl and, using a pastry blender, cut in butter and lard until the texture of very coarse meal.
Sprinkle lemon juice evenly over surface, then water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing lightly with a fork after each... - 38.5019
Fast & Easy Puff Pastry
Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and add a walnut-sized piece of the butter.
Cut it into small pieces then lightly work it into the flour with your fingertips.
Mix in the lemon juice and most of the water to make a firm dough, adding a little more water if... - 38.223
Easy Butter Puff Pastry
1) Save 1/2 cup of flour and mix the remaining with salt. Add about 1/4 cup butter and cold water to the flour and gather it into a ball. Make a cross on the ball’s top and keep this in a covered bowl and chill for 30 minutes
2) Mix the remaining... - 38.076
Pastry For Hors D Oeuvres
1)In a medium sized bowl, add flour, salt, sugar, white sugar, butter, shortening and mix with fingers.
2)Add in water or wine and stir with knife.
3)Roll out on floured work place.
4)Cut the dough into desired shapes.
5)Place favorite filling on the... - 37.9498
1. In a large mixing bowl, sieve the flour along with salt.
2. Cut ¼ the fat into small cubes and add to the flour.
3. Using your fingertips, rub the flour and fat until all the fat has been mixed with the flour. The mixture will have a sandy... - 37.9497
Low Cholesterol Margarine Pastry
Mix the flour and salt together.
In a food processor with on/off turns of the motor, or using a pastry cutter, cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
If using a processor, transfer the mixture to a bowl.
Pour the water into a small... - 37.8582
Sarah Brown's Whole Wheat Pastry
1. In a large mixing bowl, sieve the flour along with salt.
2. Cut the fat into small cubes and add to the flour.
3. Using your fingertips, rub the flour and fat until all the fat has been mixed with the flour. The mixture will have a sandy texture... - 37.818
Butter Puff Pastry
1) To prepare the dough: In a medium bowl measure flour, salt, and mix well.
2) Make a well at the center.
3) Mix water and rum.
4) Add the mixture to the flour and knead into sticky dough. Add some water if required.
5) Lightly flour a work surface... - 37.6159
French Streusel Pastry
Cut shortening and butter into flour and salt with pastry blender or at low speed of mixer, until particles resemble coarse crumbs.
Reserve 1 cup.
Combine water and food coloring.
Sprinkle over flour mixture while stirring with fork, until dough is moist... - 37.5872
1) Pre-heat oven by setting it at 350°F .
2) Take a bowl and mix all the dry ingredients together with milk and oil forming a ball.
3) Place it over a floured surface and roll out into 1/8 inch thick strip.
4) Take a biscuit cutter of... - 37.0206
Vegan Short Pastry
1. Mix all the dry ingredients, that is, flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Mix the wet ingredients, oil and water.
3. Now mix the dry and wet ingredients to prepare the dough. While kneading, keep the pressure light.
4. Cover the dough with a cloth... - 37.018
Cream Cheese Pastry
1. Place cheese at room temperature.
2. In a bowl cream cheese, margarine and salt and blend in flour.
3. Refrigerate for several hours before using.
4. Roll out on floured board and cut into small circles.
5. Fill as desired, fold dough... - 36.8489
Basic Homemade Puff Pastry
1) Mix 1/4cup butter with 1 3/4 cups of flour in a blender.
2) Add 1/2 cup cold water to mix the dry ingredients.
3) Shape the mixture into ball and wrap in the wax paper. Keep in the freezer for 15 minutes to make chill
4) Mix 3/4 cup butter with the... - 36.8386
1) Into a basin, sift together the flour and salt. Keep aside.
2) On a plate, mix the fats together with a knife till they have softened and blended properly. Evenly spread all over the plate into 4 equal portions.
3) Rub one portion of the fat into... - 36.8063
Rough Puff Pastry
Mix flour and salt in a shallow bowl and cut in 1/4 cup butter with a pastry blender until the texture of coarse meal.
Sprinkle in lemon juice, then water, one tablespoon at a time, mixing lightly and quickly with a fork until pastry just holds... - 36.3595
Saucy Mushrooms In Cheese Pastry Shells
1. Preheat oven to 425° F. before baking.
2. Take a small bowl, place pie crust and crumble it. Add boiling water and shredded cheese and using a fork, stir the mixture till the dough turns non-sticky, forms a ball and leaves the sides... - 36.2311
Low Fat Pastry Dough
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
For pastry shell
1. Preheat oven to 475° F.
2. Cream in water and oil, add to flour, and using a fork toss. Shape into 2 balls.
3. Place the dough between two 12-inch square waxed paper and roll... - 36.2001
Plain Short Crust Pastry
1) In a basin, add the flour and salt to sift together.
2) Use a plate to measure the fat.
3) Use a knife blade to beat down the fats and combine until soft and blended.
4) Add all at once to the flour and gently break the fat into small lumps by... - 35.8214
Stir together flour and salt.
Cut in shortening till the size of small peas.
Sprinkle water over, 1 tablespoon at a time.
Toss after each addition.
Form into two balls; flatten on floured surface.
Roll into two circles 1/8 inch thick.
For 2-crust pie: Line... - 35.6439
Vegan Wholemeal Pastry
1. Sieve the wholemeal flour.
2. Add a little salt.
3. Rub in the fats such that the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Add water, slowly mixing first with a knife. Knead lightly to prepare stiff dough.
5. Cover it with a cloth and refrigerate it.
6.... - 35.5581
Easy, No Cholesterol Pastry
Mix the flour and salt together with a fork.
Measure the oil and milk into a cup.
Pour the liquids all at once into the dry ingredients, mixing with a fork until just blended.
The above measurements usually produce a perfect pastry, but since the consistency... - 35.4925
Dessert With Puff Pastry
Preheat the oven to Gas 7, 425°F, 220°C, 15 mins before baking.
Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
Rub 1 oz/25 g butter into flour, then mix to a soft dough with lemon juice and about 3-4 tbsp chilled water.
Shape remaining butter into an oblong.
Roll dough... - 35.4384
Pastry With Vinegar
1) Take a mixing bowl and make a mixture with flour, salt, and soda.
2) Fold in shortening until the mixture looks like crumbs.
3) Pour water and vinegar and cover the bowl with a moisten cloth.
4) Allow to stand for 20 minutes and then roll a... - 35.2808
English Flaky Pastry
Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
Cut half the butter into the flour then work it in with your fingertips.
Mix in the water to make a dough, adding more if necessary.
Roll out the dough into a rectangle.
Cut half the shortening into small pieces and... - 35.2556
Place shortening in a mixing bowl and pour boiling water and milk over it.
Tilt the bowl and break up shortening with a fork.
Whip with rapid, cross-the-bowl strokes until all liquid is absorbed and mixture is thick and smooth as whipped cream.
It should hold... - 35.1164
Basic Puff Pastry
1) In a bowl, sift flour and salt.
2) Add in a piece of walnut-sized butter.
3) In a bowl, add lemon juice to water and make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in about two-thirds of the liquid.
4) Mix using a palette, or round-bladed,... - 35.1106
Place steel blade in work bowl; add flour, shortening, and salt Process with on/off turns till most of mixture resembles corrv meal but a few larger-size pieces remain.
Have ice cold water in a cup.
With machine running, quickly add ice cold water through... - 34.7699
Quick Vegan Pastry
1. Mix all the dry ingredients, that is, wholemeal flour, baking powder and salt (if used).
2. First mix vegetable oil and water and then add it to the dry mixture.
3. Prepare the dough by mixing it lightly but thoroughly.
3. Keep the dough in the... - 34.6397
Homemade Short Crust Pastry
This simple short crust pastry is a delicious mix of flour and butter. Try it out and you will be amazed at the speed at which it gets done! - 34.2911
Pastry For 1 Crust Pie
1. Set out an 8 or 9-in. pie pan.
2. Sift together flour and salt.
3. Cut in lard, vegetable shortening or all-purpose shortening with pastry blender or two knives until pieces are size of small peas.
4. Sprinkle water gradually over mixture, a teaspoon at a... - 34.2058
1) Take a medium sized bowl and mix the salt and flour.
2) Cut the shortening in with the aid of a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles a coarsely ground meal.
3) Mix some food coloring with water for giving extra color to the pastry.
4) Sprinkle... - 34.0719
Rough Puff Pastry
1 Cut the butter into walnut size pieces.Make sure its firm but not hard.
2 Sift the flour and salt together and keep aside.
3 In a wide bowl add sifted flour alongwith butter,lemon juice and water.Mix lightly with a round bladed knife... - 34.0352
Sieve flour and salt and mix to a springy dough with water — 1 cup, from which 1 tblspn, is replaced with lemon juice.
Roll out on a floured board and leave for 15 minutes.
Squeeze the butter in a floured cloth, or beat it on a slab with a butter pat to get... - 34.0127
Basic Flaky Pastry Shells
1. Sift together flour and salt, add 1/3 butter. Mix with your fingers.
2. Add enough water to hold ingredients together. Knead to a smooth dough. Wrap in waxed paper. Chill for 25 minutes.
3. Roll on a lightly floured board to 1/4" thickness.
4. Spread with... - 33.9417
Quick Puff Pastry
1) Using a knife, cut the butter into 3/8 inch cubes
2) Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes to chill
3) Mix together the flour and salt
4) Into the flour mixture, make a well and place the chilled butter
5) Using a pastry cutter cut the butter... - 33.9232
Basic Flaky Pastry
1) In a bowl, add flour and salt to combine.
2) Add shortening to cut in with pastry blender to make the mixture like coarse meal.
3) Evenly sprinkle cold water with a tablespoon for several times and keep on stirring with a fork until the ingredients... - 33.6153
Soda Water Pastry
Grate butter into flour, mixed with salt and cream of tartar.
Mix with sufficient soda water to make a soft dough.
Dough can be used immediately, or wrapped and kept in the 'fridge.
It will keep for a week.
OR Cut 1 lb.
butter into 1 lb.
flour, sifted with a... - 33.5831
1 2 3 Pastry One Crust Pie
1. Thoroughly mix flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Pour salad oil into flour and stir with a fork. Add cold water all at once and stir with a fork until dough is formed. Press dough firmly into a ball with hands. If mixture is too dry to form a ball, mix in... - 33.5182
1) In a blender, place together flour salt and Crisco.
2) Blend the flour spoon as little waster as possible until the mixture hold together.
3) Lightly flour the board or pastry cloth.
4) Roll out the flour mixture to make 2 crust of 9 inch in... - 33.3938
1 2 3 Pastry Two Crust Pie
1. Sift together flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Pour salad oil into flour and stir with a fork. Add cold water all at once and stir with a fork until dough is formed. Press dough firmly into a ball with hands. If mixture is too dry to form a ball, mix in... - 33.3252
1) Preheat oven to 475F (245C).
2) In a bowl mix together flour and salt.
3) Pour in oil, vinegar and water by making a well at the center.
4) Use a fork to combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
5) Make 2 balls from the dough and flatten... - 33.295
Pastry For Samosas
Sift flour with salt.
Melt butter and add to flour.
Stir in yogurt gradually, working it with hands for about 5 minutes.
Knead until satiny and smooth.
Makes pastry for 60 turnovers. - 33.2372
1 Sieve the flour and salt together.
2 Cut the margarine with a knife. Rub into the flour with finger tips.
3 Gradually add enough ice-cold water (approx. 2 to 3 tablespoons) to make the dough into a rolling consistency.
4 Lightly flour the rolling pin and... - 33.221
Mock Puff Pastry For Tarts
1. Sift together the flour and salt. Add the shortening and rub or chop it thoroughly into the flour.
2. Mix the eggs and milk. Add to the dry mixture and mix well, adding a little more milk if necessary to make a fairly stiff dough.
3. On a floured pastry... - 33.0389
Stir N Roll Pastry
1. In a bowl, mix flour and salt.
2. Add all oil and milk at once; using a fork, stir until well mixed.
3. Using hands, press the mixture into a smooth ball.
4. In between 2 large sheets of wax papers, place the dough and roll out using... - 32.8128
1. In a bowl mix salt, flour and blend it in pastry blender till it turns coarse.
2. Spray the ice water over the surface and moisten the dry ingredients using the fork.
3. Mould the dough in the form of a ball and chill it for some time.
4. Place... - 32.7935
Non Wheat Pastry
1) Preheat oven hot to 400°.
2) In a pie plate mix flour and salt.
3) In a bowl mix milk and oil and beat with fork.
4) Combine the milk-oil mixture to flour with a fork until moistened.
5) To make double crust reserve one third of... - 32.7175
1 In a bowl beat the butter and margerine until soft and well blended.
2 Slowly fold in the sifted flour with salt with the help of a wooden spoon.
3 Add the water blending throughly.The mixture will have a sticky consistancy.
4 Place the dough in the... - 32.6255
1) In a bowl, mix together flour and sugar. Add in bits of butter and mix till it becomes coarse.
2) Add in almond extract and water (a tablespoon at a time). Quickly work around with a fork to form a soft ball like dough. Make sure to not use too much... - 32.4268
Suet Crust Pastry
1 In a bowl sift the flour and salt together (add baking powder if all-purpose flour is used).
2 Remove the skin from fresh suet,grate or chop it finely with a little flour to prevent sticking.Add to the sifted flour and mix throughly.
3 Stir... - 32.3347
1. Collect and measure the required ingredients.
2. Sift the flour 2-3 times then measure and add to a large mixing bowl.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and beat until softened and creamy.
4. Add the flour and cold water and... - 32.3202
Triple Crust Pastry
1)In a bowl, mix well flour and salt.
2)Add shortening to flour mixture and blend well until mixture attains a coarse crumbly texture.
3)Sprinkle ice water and use a fork to stir the mixture.
4)Shape the mixture into balls.
5)Bake for 35 minutes at... - 31.7696
1. Sift flour and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add 1/3 of the water, mix well, gradually add sufficient water to make a smooth dough. Taking care not to press the mixture forcibly together, knead lightly.
3. Wrap in plastic or greaseproof paper and place in the... - 31.7198
Short Crust Pastry
1) Into a large bowl, add in the corn oil and iced water.
2) Using a fork, beat the mixture for about 30 seconds to mix the oil and water thoroughly.
3) Next, add in the sifted flour and salt into the bowl.
4) Again using the fork, knead the mixture... - 31.3502
Pastry For Double Crust Pie
In medium mixing bowl stir together flour and salt.
Cut in shortening or lard till pieces are the size of small peas.
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water over part of mixture, gently toss with a fork.
Push to side of bowl.
Repeat till all is moistened.
Form dough... - 31.3206