- » Vegetarian New Year
Vegetarian New Year Recipes
Enjoy our collection of vegetarian new year recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for vegetarian new year recipes.
Classic Japanese Seven Herb Rice Porridge
After the rich indulgence of the holiday season one find one’s self craving simpler fair. This is probably why the Japanese follow the tradition of eating nanakusa-gayu (seven-herb rice soup), on January 7th , of each year. The soup is a variation of a... - 130.99
Hoppin' John New Year's Salad
How would you like to learn the Hoppin’ John salad? The traditional New year’s day salad, in Southern United States, this salad is believed to encourage a year filled with luck! Prepared using rice and beans, this salad is simple and healthy. Prepare this... - 126.234
Black Eyed Peas Salad And Collard Greens Dip
Preparing for the New Year? Why not cook something which will start the New Year with a big bang? Try making Black eyed peas salad and Collard greens dip. Black eyed peas are especially cooked in the New Year’s to bring good luck and collard green dip is a... - 125.585
The Flirtini Cocktail
If you love pomegranate cocktail, you will surely relish this recipe. This scrummy pomegranate vodka cocktail with champagne as its base is a surefire winner. Whether you need to spice up your standard champagne or just need a creative way to use up your... - 103.569
New Year Special-mochi
New year is round the corner and it is time to enjoy the new year special, rice mochi. Wondered how to make perfect Japanese mochi. Now you have the answer-our cook guides you to make perfect mochi in your home kitchen for all friends and family to enjoy. - 85.2625
New Year's Black-eyed Peas And Rice
Place 1/4 cup of the water in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add onions and garlic.
Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
Add more liquid if necessary during this process.
Add the tomatoes, the remaining 1/4 cup water, basil leaves, and thyme leaves.
Simmer for 5... - 44.828
Witch's Brew Won't Do New Year's Punch
1) Cut few orange slices.
2) Arrange a punch bowl.
3) In a saucepan, pour cherry juice and add cinnamon stick and cloves.
4) Cook on low heat for 10 minutes. ... - 41.7073
Pink Pistachio 'layer Cake'
1) Allow the ice cream to soften slightly.
2) Take 3 8-inch layer cake pans and line them with plastic wrap.
3) Press a quart of each of the two ice creams into the cake pan firmly.
4) Cover the cake pans and freeze then until firm, for about several... - 40.7936
1. Preheat oven at 350° C.
2. In a bowl, take chickpeas. Wash it and cover it with a lid. Soak it overnight.
3. Drain the water.
4. In a pan, take chickpeas.
5. Add water and bring it to a boil.
6. Reduce flame and let it cook over... - 39.422
Elderberry Lemon Wine
1) In a large bowl, place the berries and press with a wooden spoon.
2) Stream the boiling water, in the berries.
3) Allow to soak the berries, cover for 4 days.
4) Pass through sieve, and stir in the sugar, lemon juice, yeast and nutrient.
5) Stream... - 38.2089
Olive Relish Dip
1) In a bowl, add the first 5 ingredients and mix well.
2) Make a oil-vinegar mix and stir into the vegetable mix.
3) Refrigerate overnight.
4) Great dip for tortilla chips. - 34.1937
Ice Cream Petits Fours
1) Take a shallow baking pan and line it with waxed paper. Place the pan in the freezer and let chill.
2) Take the frozen ice cream out from the freezer, a pint at a time. Immediately, unwrap them, slice into long halves and cut each half... - 33.0513
Champagne Jelly For New Year S Toast
Mix wine and sugar on top of double boiler.
Place over rapidly boiling water and stir until sugar is dissolved (about 2 minutes).
Remove from heat at once and stir in Certo.
Pour quickly into glasses and cover with wax. - 25.5915
Garlic Truffle Popcorn
This easy to make at home popcorn is unique and gourmet by using flavors of garlic, truffles, and parsley. You'll never eat plain ol' buttered popcorn again...this is a game changer. - 0