- » Vegetarian Hors D Oeuvre
Vegetarian Hors D Oeuvre Recipes
Enjoy our collection of vegetarian hors d oeuvre recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for vegetarian hors d oeuvre recipes.
Vegetarian Hors D Oeuvre
Cook beans in salted water to cover until tender.
Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and saute until well browned.
Combine with beans, eggs, toast, walnuts, salt and pepper in processor or blender and mince finely.... - 34.7445
Zucchini Pizza Hors D'oeuvres
Zucchini Pizza Hors D'Oeuvres is a innovative vegetarian appetizer that is simply irresistible. Try this Zucchini Pizza Hors D'Oeuvres for yourself! - 29.3966
Apple Cocktail Hors D'oeuvres
1) Dice and sprinkle the apples with lemon juice.
2) Peel the grapefruit and oranges, then slice into segments.
3) Place the grapefruit and oranges equally in 2 individual glasses, around the side of the glasses.
4) Spoon the diced apple in the... - 36.2662
Cook the celery in the olive oil until golden; remove.
Add the cubed eggplant (unpeeled), cook slowly until soft and lightly browned.
Add the chopped onion, cook until onion is soft but do not allow to brown.
Remove eggplant and onion to pan lined with paper... - 32.8221
Assorted Hors D'oeuvres Ideas
These must be served in small portions and should be freshly made and well flavoured..
Arrange on large platters or serve on individual small plates and garnish attractively for eye appeal.
Suggestions for hors-d'oeuvre combina- tions:- Cooked diced ... - 22.7888
Pear And Cream Cheese Hors D'oeuvre
1) Peel, halve and core the pears.
2) Brush immediately with lemon juice.
3) In a bowl, combine the chopped walnuts and cottage cheese together.
4) Then add the chopped onion and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5) Spoon over the pear halves and... - 42.8998
String Bean Hors D'oeuvre
1) From the beans, remove the ends and strings.
2) Over rapidly boiling water, steam the beans for 5 to 10 minutes, or until they turn crisp tender.
3) Remove from heat.
4) Quickly place under cold running water. This helps to stop the... - 35.5393
Pastry For Hors D Oeuvres
1)In a medium sized bowl, add flour, salt, sugar, white sugar, butter, shortening and mix with fingers.
2)Add in water or wine and stir with knife.
3)Roll out on floured work place.
4)Cut the dough into desired shapes.
5)Place favorite filling on the... - 38.5489
Brussels Sprouts Hors D'oeuvres
1. In a large pot of rapidly boiling water, cook the brussels sprouts until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain in a colander and refresh under cold running water. Set aside to drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the blue cheese, cream cheese,... - 31.5718
Yogurt Hors D'oeuvre
1) Mix together natural yogurt, chopped shallot, red pepper, celery, tomatoes and garlic salt and refrigerate to chill.
2) Serve cold. - 31.6652
Mixed Vegetable Hors D'oeuvre Vinaigrette Dressings
1) Take a bowl and crush seasonings using a wooden spoon. Alternatively use a pestle and mortar.
2) Add in the oil followed by vinegar or lemon juice and mix well.
3) Take small screw-topped glass jars; transfer the dressing to them and... - 35.248
Salsify 0r Oyster Plant Hors D'oeuvre
Combine all the ingredients except the oyster plant in a bowl.
Add the oyster plant and toss gently.
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or more. - 33.4574
Tomato Hors D'oeuvres
Skin large barely ripe tomatoes â€” that is when the calyces are strongly "minty" Slice them fairly thickly.
Sprinkle them with olive oil and vinegar, beaten gradually together and seasoned to taste, having at least four parts oil to barely one of... - 20.7513
Spanish Hors D Oeuvres
1) In a bowl, combine salad oil, vinegar or lemon juice, salt, mustard and pepper to make a French dressing.
2) Wash and peel cucumber and tomatoes to cut into thin slices.
3) In a bowl, place the cucumber and tomato slices. Pour in the... - 39.9182
Banana Hors D'oeuvres
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. In a bowl, mix together yogurt with spices and garlic; in the meantime, peel the bananas and slice diagonally thickly
3. In a dish, add the yogurt mix and banana slices and marinate the bananas for a... - 38.0641
Mixed Nuts Hors D Oeuvre
1) Take a casserole and mix nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar, clove and allspice along with some water into it.
2) Cook for ½ a minute..
3) Stir it once and cook again for a minute.
4) Add the walnuts, hazelnuts, pecan and almonds together and mix... - 46.9197
Sesame Tofu Hors D'oeuvres
1.Take a medium non aluminium bowl and mix together sauce, onion, gingerroot, brown sugar, garlic, and sesame seeds.
2.Now, add in the tofu and coat well.
3. Let mariante for about 15 minutes.
4.Drain the tofu and reserve the marinade.
5.Take a 9 inch... - 46.4283
Spicy Carrot Hors D'oeuvre
1) In a bowl, cut the carrots lengthwise into sticks, then make them into two halves.
2) Mix together the oil, chili powder, caraway seeds, lemon juice, and salt.
3) Ladle the mixture over the carrot sticks, toss well to combine and refrigerate.
4)... - 34.9293
Leek Hors D'oeuvre
Trim the leeks and remove all but 2 inches of the green tops.
Cut into 4-inch pieces.
Wash in several changes of water to remove all sand.
Heat half of the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan.
Add the leeks and cook, stirring with a fork, for 3... - 45.8633
Roasted Eggplant Hors D'oeuvre
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) In a pot of boiling water, add the eggplant cubes. Blanch them for about 4 minutes.
3) Drain the eggplant and pat them dry.
4) In a large bowl, add eggplant, mushrooms, peppers, garlic, olive oil and thyme. Mix... - 39.8633
Stuffed Hors D'oeuvre Artichokes
1) Snap off the artichoke stems at the base and discard the tough outer leaves.
2) Cut away the edges from the artichoke base.
3) Remove the top third of each artichoke by cutting to remove the spiny tips.
4) Place the artichokes upside down on... - 47.1695
1. Halve the avocados and remove the stones. With a spoon, carefully scoop out the flesh, reserving the skins.
2. In a liquidizer, place the avocado flesh, cream, lemon juice and cognac. Season. Blend until smooth.
3. Fill the avocado skins with the mousse.... - 25.6959
Mousse Of Artichoke Hearts
1. Drain the artichoke hearts and dice. Mix them with 15 ml (1 tbls) cream and liquidize or pass them through the fine mesh of a vegetable mill. Pour this mixture into a bowl. Whip the remaining cream and fold delicately into the artichoke mixture. Season.
2.... - 24.5757
Iced Tomato Soup With Basil
1. Bring some water to the boil. Wash the tomatoes, plunge them into the boiling water for 10 seconds, then peel and discard the seeds.
2. Peel the cucumber, remove the seeds with a sharp knife, and cut into pieces.
3. Place the cucumber and tomatoes in a... - 27.7518
Asparagus Spear Salad
1. Add 15 ml (1 tbls) of coarse salt to 1 litre (1 3/4 pints) water and bring to the boil.
2. Remove the base of the stems from the asparagus. Using a knife, scrape the white part of the stems downwards, to remove the hard skin. Wash well and tie them in a... - 29.1763
Avocado And Orange Salad
1. Halve 2 avocados, remove the stones and the skin with a sharp knife. Slice the flesh.
2. Peel and segment the oranges. Cut off the stalk end of the tomato, slice and discard the seeds. Peel the onions and slice, separating into rings.
3. Cut off the... - 34.8273
Iced Cucumber And Red Pepper Soup
1. Peel the cucumbers and cut into chunks, removing the seeds with a sharp knife. Peel and chop the garlic. Blend the cucumbers and garlic in a liquidizer.
2. Pour the puree into a hollow dish, add 1 litre (1 3/4 pints) water, a little at a time (if you... - 30.2572
Mushroom Salad With Fruit
1. Trim the earthy base off the mushroom stalks, and wash them under running water. Wash and peel the celeriac. Peel the apple and remove the core. Cut the mushrooms, celeriac and apple into julienne strips. Place them in a salad bowl and sprinkle with a... - 30.5731
Clean and trim the celery and cut into 2 inch strips.
Drop into salted boiling water and cook for 10 Mins.
Drain and add the soy sauce and vinegar.
Serve hot or cold.
Is delicious as an hors-d'oeuvre. - 19.2352
Mushroom Croustade has a Piquant taste.The Mushroom and Bread Rolls gives the Mushroom Croustade Striking taste. - 23.0162
Guacamole Mexican Sandwich Spread
1. Roughly chop tomatoes and onions
2. Peel and slice the avocado.
3. In a food processor jar or liquidizer jar, combine tomatoes, onion, avocado and seasonings.
4. Pulse into a smooth paste.
5. Spoon into a sterilized jar and refrigerate.... - 32.3197
1) Combine together drained salata and yoghourt.
2) Pour in lemon juice to taste and refrigerate to chill.
3) Garnish with watercress and serve in hors d'oeuvres dishes. - 30.4416
Wash the beans, pick over, the leave to soak overnight.
Put all ingredients through a mincing machine and mix them well, and pound a little to soften mixture.
Mix in the bi-carb soda and leave to stand for 2 hours.
Make into small rounds and fry in very hot... - 28.6433
Remove stalks from mushrooms, and chop them coarsely.
Melt butter and oil in a frying pan, and saute mushroom caps until lightly browned.
Stir in chopped stalks, garlic, shallots, and breadcrumbs.
Toss well, and cook for about 3 min.
Add lemon juice,... - 36.8284
Curry Dip For Crudites
1. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, spices, lemon juice and seasonings.
2. Use a small wire whisk or a large fork to whisk the mixture vigorously until thoroughly blended.
3. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until well chilled.
4. Use this as... - 32.7118
Mushroom Cheese Strudel
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Center puff pastry on a tea towel or equivalent cloth, leaving a 2-inch border of cloth on all sides.
Allow pastry to thaw 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, saute mushrooms in butter until tender.
Cool slightly and add egg and cheese.
Mix... - 37.6756
In large skillet cook onion and garlic in oil till tender but not brown.(Electric skillet 300°.)
Add remaining ingredients.
Cover; bring to boiling.
Reduce heat (220°).
Simmer 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Take care not to break up vegetable... - 42.5862
Dilly Brussels Sprouts
In seasoned boiling water, cook Brussels sprouts until just tender.
Add remaining ingredients and chill in covered container overnight.
Serve with crackers as hors d'oeuvres.
Serves 10 to 12.
Mushrooms may be substituted. - 31.7376
Learn how to prepare flavorful Tofu by marinating it in some aromatic Indian spices. This Tandoori Tofu is great for potlucks or your next get together. Try this unusual hor d'oeuvre and wow your guests. We have used Green Bell peppers with Tofu but you can... - 0
Zucchini A La Grecque
1. Cut the zucchini into slices one-quarter inch thick. Place with the remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the zucchini is tender but firm, eight to ten minutes.
2. Let the mixture cool and... - 36.9873
Button Onions With Raisins
Melt the butter and oil in a flameproof casserole or strong saucepan.
Add the onions and cook, over low heat, shaking frequently until golden, about 10 minutes.
Drain off the fat.
Add the raisins, herbs, seasonings and wine.
Cover closely and simmer very... - 38.0365
Gingered Carrot Soup
Diane Hoch teaches you how to make Gingered Carrot Soup, a healthy appetizer that can also be served as an hors d'oeuvre. - 115.302
Yogurt With Roasted Eggplant Baigan Ka Bharta
Wash and wipe the eggplant.
Line a burner with an aluminum protector if possible.
Stand the eggplant directly on the gas burner and turn the flame on medium or medium low.
Roast the eggplant on all sides, turning it over carefully.
It should look fairly... - 45.1568
Homemade Boursin Cheese With Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Take a bowl, mix garlic and salt to a paste and keep aside.
3. In a large mixer bowl or food processor bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, pepper, garlic mixture, pepper and parsley to a smooth mixture.
4. Cover... - 40.8762
Preheat oven to 375Â°F (190Â°C).
Slice the top off the garlic head, about 1/2 inch (1.5 cm) from the top.
Wrap the garlic head in aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
Remove the aluminum foil and press the baked garlic until all... - 33.592
Tropical Barbecue Sauce
1. In a pan mix together the 1 cup water and brown sugar and add catchup, soy sauce, dry mustard, pineapple and pepper flakes.
2. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Dissolve arrowroot in the 1/4 cup water, add to sauce and cook,... - 38.5226
Mairlyn's Marinated Mushrooms
Mairlyn Smith demonstrates how to make marinated mushrooms. A heart-healthy immune-enhancing hors d'oeuvre- imagine that! Serve these with a glass of red wine and feel extremely virtuous. - 135.836
Roasted Vegetable Flatbread
When roasting vegetables it intensifies the flavors. This recipe is ideal for any weeknight dinner or cut into pieces for a mouth watering hors d'oeuvre. Kick this recipe up a notch by substituting the red sauce for hummus. Gluten allergies? We have you... - 0
Savory Peach And Mozzarella Fresca Bruschetta On Walnut Bread
This bruschetta looks so beautiful, you can almost see the sunshine radiating out of it. Its an unbelievably delicious bite, like summer on a toast! You don’t have to turn on the oven to make this “gourmet” style bruschetta of toasted walnut bread,... - 101.198