- » Vegetable Chutney
Vegetable Chutney Recipes
Enjoy our collection of vegetable chutney recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for vegetable chutney recipes.
Spicy Tomato Chutney
This spicy tomato chutney is a great condiment, which you can prepare in large quantity and store in refrigerator. It is a versatile sauce, which can be served as a side dish almost with anything. This recipe video displays the quick and simple process of... - 129.487
Have you been looking for a great Indian chutney recipe? Look no further, this video has just the right recipe for you. Watch the chef share her personal recipe to make this lip smacking tomato chutney. - 127.181
Tomato Chutney With Peanuts
Tomato in Indian cuisine is cooked or prepared with seasonings as well with other vegetables. Watch chef Madhura showing how to make Tomato Chutney with peanuts and spices along with tomatoes. Good as it is or with roti or rice! - 116.296
1. In a pan, heat oil, fry green chili, red chili, chopped onions until light brown.
2. Add garam masala, sambar powder, salt, tomato paste and fry for 5 minutes continously.
3. Add 1/2 cup water, grated coconut and mix well for 2 minutes.
4. Gradually... - 82.6909
Cook carrots in boiling water to cover till very tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
Drain and mash.
(Measure about 5 cups.) Peel oranges and lemon.
Reserve peel of one orange and half of the one lemon peel.
Remove excess white membrane from reserved peels.
Cut peel... - 47.73
Flavorsome and interesting with the ingredients you like, this Marrow/Squash Chutney goes pretty much with any meal of the day. Quick and easy, try out this wonderful recipe for Marrow/Squash Chutney to fall in love with your meal everytime you have it! - 47.1323
In a small skillet, heat the oil over a medium flame.
When the oil is hot, add the mustard and fenugreek seeds and wait for them to splutter.
When the seeds pop, add the cloves and grated carrot and sauté the mixture, for 2 minutes.
Add lemon juice,... - 46.601
1. Wash, dry and peel the oranges. Using a sharp paring knife, remove the white pith from the other skin. Remove as many pips as possible.
2. Combine in a food processor or mincer, th orange peel, orange flesh and sultanas. Mince using the... - 46.4068
Cook carrots in boiling water to cover for 35 to 40 minutes.
Drain; mash or put through food mill.
Measure about 5 cups.
Peel oranges and lemon.
Reserve peel of one orange and half of the one lemon peel.
Remove excess white membrane from reserved peels.
Cut... - 45.7086
Hot Spicy Tomato Chutney
Heat oil in a saucepan and add spices.
Saute for a few minutes.
Crush garlic and ginger, add to spices and saute a futher few minutes.
Peel fresh tomatoes, chop and add to spices.
Alternatively use the same quantity of canned tomatoes.
Season with turmeric... - 45.3778
Parveen's Tomato Chutney
1) Wash the tomatoes, drain them.
2) Into a large saucepan, put them with 1 1/2 cups of the vinegar and salt.
3) Cover the pan with lid and heat them until the vinegar boils, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook without lid till the... - 45.3059
Monkfish Salad With Tomato Chutney
For preparing the tomato chutney:
1. In a mid sized saucepan, mix together the tomatoes, onions, peppers, vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic, mustard seeds, and red pepper.
2. Bring the mixture to boil, then lower the heat and simmer uncovered and cook... - 44.9914
1) Take a large bowl and blend onions, tomatoes, salt, sugar, vinegar and stir well.
2) Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
3) Uncover and stir in cayenne pepper and mustard.
4) Cook a 1 minute more.
5) Place all spices wrapped in muslin cloth into
the... - 44.9556
Pumpkin And Fruit Chutney
This pumkin and fruit chuteny is an americanised version of an indian sweet pickle. Made with sultanas, zuchiini and pumpkin, the pumpkin and fruit chuteny is cooked with sugar and spiced along with pectin and can be served as a side. - 44.7471
Tomato Chutney has a Luscious taste.The Sugar and julienne ginger gives the Tomato Chutney Magnificent taste. - 44.4375
Sweet Tomato Chutney
Did you know Tomato Chutney can make a bland meal taste amazingly flavorful? Try this simple and easy-to-follow recipe for Tomato Chutney. A great way to pep up your meal and to impress your guests! - 44.2214
Fruity Tomato Chutney
This recipe for tomato chutney is prepared with tomatoes and deired fruits. Cooked along with sugar and onions and spices, the tomato chutney is served as a side in meals or as an aftercourse. - 43.8664
Bitter Gourd Garlic Chutney
1. Cut the bitter gourd into two halves, remove the inside white pulp and seeds, and cut into small pieces.
2. Sprinkle some salt and 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder, mix with the gourd pieces, and set aside for 3-4 hours.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a... - 43.1527
Ripe Tomato Chutney
1. In a saucepan of boiling water, dip the tomatoes, few at a time and leave for a minute or so
2. Lift them with a perforated spoon and place in a bowl of cold water; peel the skins away and chop the flesh
3. Chop the onions
3. In a... - 42.9157
Tomato And Apple Chutney
1. Using a knife, cut up tomatoes. If using red toamtoes, skin them first in boiling water.
2. Skin the apples and onions and slice them in quarters. Wash raisins, keep aside.
3. In a blender, mince all fruits and transfer the mince into... - 42.886
Yellow Pumpkin Chutney
Dry roast the Bengal gram ana black gram together till you get a roasted aroma ana the dals nave lightly Drowned.
Leave to cool Heat the oil in a pan and place the mustard seeds in it.
When they splutter add the red chillies and the turmeric and asafoetida.
1... - 42.7888
1 ln a large enameled orstainless steel saucepan, heat the oil over low heat.
Add the onions and sweet red pepperand cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Add thegingerandcook2 minutes longer.
Stirinthetomatoes, sugar, raisins, vinegar, orange juice,... - 42.7806
1) Take a large saucepan and combine onions and tomatoes in it.
2) Add salt, vinegar, marmalade and sugar. Mix the ingredients nicely together.
3) Add the pickling spice by placing in a cheesecloth bag.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil.
5) Reduce heat... - 42.5443
Petite Pumpkins With Apricot Chutney
In a 3 to 4-quart pan, combine oil, onion, and ginger; stir over medium-high heat until onion is faintly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add mustard seed, curry powder, and cayenne; stir over low heat until spices are fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add apricots,... - 42.0963
Tomato Chutney With Currants
Tomato Chutney is a mouth watering side dish recipe. An easy to prepare Tomato Chutney recipe wont let you forget its taste forever. So, give it a try and squander its taste! - 41.8639
Different Tomato Chutney
Peel and core apples and tomatoes; chop apples, tomatoes and onions coarsely.
Combine apples, tomatoes and onions in large saucepan.
Add vinegar, salt, sugar and marmalade; mix well.
Place pickling spices in cheesecloth bag; add to tomato mixture.
Bring to a... - 41.8403
Grilled Swordfish With Tomato Chutney
Thaw fish, if frozen.
For tomato chutney, in a medium saucepan heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat.
Add leek; cook just until tender.
Remove from heat.
Stir in tomato, basil, capers, pepper, and salt.
Cover and keep warm.
Rinse fish; pat dry with... - 41.8025
Tomato Chutney is simply yumlogical. The chilli powder and acetic acid gives the Tomato Chutney a mouth watering taste. - 41.0401
1 Scrape the carrots using a vegetable peeler.
2 Grate the carrots, in a food processor or with a hand held grater.
3 Chop the garlic.
4 Cut the ginger into long strips.
5 In a deep pan, put the grated carrots, garlic and ginger and... - 40.2223
1. Spread the carrot gratings on a plate and keep this in the sun for a few hours or until the gratings are dry and there is no moisture left.
2. Tie the spices in a spice bag (or a thin muslin cloth) along with the ginger and garlic.
3. Pour the vinegar into... - 40.12
Date Carrot Chutney
1. Stone the dates and cut into small pieces. Scrape, wash and cut the carrots to 1/2"-1" length pieces or to desired size. Clean the raisins.
2. Steam cook the carrots. When soft, remove from fire, and spread the pieces on a cloth to absorb moisture. Allow... - 39.473
1) Remove the seeds and chop the lemons, retaining the juice.
2) Now add the lemons and juice to a food processor or in batches to a blender and process them till shreds remain.
3) In a deep saucepan, mix together the tomatoes, vinegar,... - 39.3392
1. Peel and cut the onions into thick slices.
2. Grind all the ingredients on the left to a rough paste along with the onions.
3. Heat the oil and add the seasonings. Now add the ground mixture and fry on low heat until the oil comes to the surface. - 38.7897
Indian Tomato Chutney
1. Place the tomatoes in a bowl with the ground coriander, cumin, ginger, garlic, chilli powder, turmeric and salt. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the curry leaves, white cumin seeds, onion seeds, red chillies, if using, and onion and fry for... - 38.6962
This Tomato Chutney is simply extraordinary ! Granny Smith Apples and golden raisins set this a class apart from the others. Try this Tomato Chutney with breads or pasta and you are going to be a sure addict. Let me know if you agree with me. - 37.7002
Tomato Chutney Using Cider Vinegar
1) In a saucepan combine, all the ingredients.
2) Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour or until thick, stirring frequently.
3) Cool and pack in sterile half-pint preserving jars.
4) Serve as desired. - 37.6315
Radish Tomato Chutney
1. Wash and grate the radish using a thick grater. Wash and chop the tomatoes. Put them into a thick-bottomed pan.
2. Break the chillies into small pieces, and add to the pan along with the minced ginger and garlic, cumin seeds and salt. Simmer this mixture... - 37.3907
Tomato Chutney are delicious and compliments a number of Indian dishes. The Tangy Tomato Chutney is irresistible. Try this brilliant Tomato Chutney recipe! - 37.2852
Cut the marrow into large chunks and chop roughly using the double-bladed chopping knife.
Place layers of the chopped marrow in a large bowl and sprinkle each layer generously with the salt.
Cover and leave to stand overnight.
Drain the liquid from the... - 37.1498
Tomato And Raisin Chutney
Peel the tomatoes and remove the seeds.
Chop and place in a saucepan.
Combine with the remaining ingredients, mixing well.
Bring to boil over high heat.
Reduce heat and simmer about forty to sixty minutes, or until thickened.
Pour into a sterilized jar,... - 35.8268
Green Tomato Chutney Mixed With Apples
This tomato chutney is prepared with green tomatoes and onions along with peppers and apples. Simmered together and flavored with mustard seeds and vinegar, the tomato chutney is sweet and savory. - 35.4799
1. Peel and dice the marrow; place in a large pan.
2. Peel and chop the onions and apples and place in the pan with the dates, sultanas and ginger.
3. Place the pickling spice in muslin and tie up carefully; place in the pan with the remaining ingredients.
4.... - 35.1704
Tangy Tomato Chutney
Cut tomatoes, apples, and onions into quarters.
Use a blender or coarse blade of a food chopper to cut ingredients finer.
Put into a 4-quart saucepan; combine with vinegar, salt, sugar, and orange marmalade.
Put pickling spices in a cheesecloth bag before... - 34.9702
Spiced Tomato Chutney
Heat oil; add chili pepper.
Add cumin, nutmeg, and mustard seed.
When seeds start to jump, add tomatoes and lemon.
Simmer 15 minutes; stir frequently.
Stir in raisins and sugar.
Simmer, stirring frequently until thickened, about 30 minutes; chill.
Pack in... - 34.8234
In a heavy saucepan combine the sugar, the vinegar, the gingerroot, the salt, the coriander seeds, and the red pepper flakes and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
Add the tomatoes, the onions, and the raisins and simmer the... - 34.3311
Wash and peel tomatoes and cut into eighths.
Combine with sugar, vinegar, garlic, salt, and red pepper in saucepan; cook, uncovered, until syrup thickens and tomatoes are soft, about 45 minutes.
Add ginger and cook for 5 minutes. - 32.8435
1 Peel onions and tomatoes,cut the tomatoes in to quarters and thinly slice the onions.
2 In a pan add both onions and tomatoes along with allspice tied in a cheesecloth,cayenne and salt.
3 Cook on low heat until the mixture is pulpy then add in the... - 32.4802
Chop the tomatoes and add the apples and onions.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook until the chutney is thick and clear, stirring occasionally.
Seal it in hot sterilized jars. - 32.4046
Carrot And Orange Chutney
1. Grate the carrots and chop the onions. Grate the cooking apples.
2. Place the prepared ingredients together in a large saucepan with the sugar, raisins, cloves and grated rind and juice of the oranges. Pour on the vinegar.
3. Bring to the boil, cover and... - 32.1915
Ridge Gourd Chutney
cook the ridge gourd, tomatoes, green chilli, garlic cloves in a closed pan without any water. Add a little salt.
After the vegetable is cooked, cool it and grid it into a coarse paste . while grinding add a few corriander leaves, cumin seeds and tamarind to... - 32.0373
Peel and cut the marrow into small cubes.
Cover with salt and leave overnight.
Boil the vinegar, sugar, turmeric, chillies and shallots for 15 minutes.
Add the drained marrow and boil until very soft.
Add ginger and mustard mixed smoothly with a little... - 31.5584
Put the fruit into a saucepan and just cover with water.
Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the fruit is tender.
Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
Simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes, or until the chutney is very... - 30.6331
Cut each tomato into four or five pieces.
Heat the jaggery on a low fire till it melts, stirring with a wooden spoon.
Put in the tomatoes, salt and chilli powder and partially cover the pan.
Stir at short intervals.
After tea or fifteen minutes, when the... - 30.1891
Tangy Tomato Chutney
1 Put the tomatoes into the pan and let them simmer on low heat till the juices start to run.
2 Add the sugar and stir briskly to dissolve it completely.
3 Add the ginger, garlic, onion seeds, salt, chilli and vinegar. (Taste before you add it all to... - 30.1111
Tomato Onion Chutney
In a heavy skillet cook the onion and the mustard seeds in the butter over moderate heat until the onion begins to turn golden.
Add the tomatoes, the vinegar, the sugar, and the allspice, cook the mixture, stirring and breaking up the tomatoes with a wooden... - 28.9807
Grandma's Tomato Chutney
1. Place the tomatoes in a pan of boiling water for five minutes. Drain the water and peel, deseed and chop tomatoes into large pieces.
2. Place the sugar, vinegar, salt and a cup of water in a large saucepan and heat slowly over a medium flame. When the... - 28.0385
Put into saucepan with 2 onions cut in thin slices; then add.
Put on to boil, and cook until onions are done, then add 1/4 cup of raisins or currants. - 28.0065
Fresh Onion Chutney
Sprinkle the sliced onions with salt and leave for 3-4 minutes, then rinse and drain.
Add the chilli powder, a few drops of vinegar or lemon juice and salt to taste - 22.4465
Ridged Gourd Chutney
Wash the Ridge gourd skin well and cut into pieces so that it makes you easy to fry and grind.Heat 3 spoons of oil in kadai and fry Ridge gourd skin, onion, chilllies, tamarind and cocount for 5 minutes till all gets fried well and smell goes away.Add salt... - 13.8889
Tri-colour Chutney Combo
For Tomato Chutney:
1. Heat a pan with oil and once it is heated, add urad dhal, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and sauté them for two minutes.
3. Add chili powder and salt and sauté the tomatoes until they are completely... - 0
Tomato And Gingelly Chutney
Tomato and gingelly together give a nice sweet and sour taste to the dish. It goes well as an accompaniment. - 0
Vegetable Chutney Recipes By Category