- » Ukrainian
Ukrainian food is typical to the country of Ukraine made using diverse ingredients such as variety of spices, vegetables, meats and fruits. The cuisine evolves from peasant and country-made dishes using simple ... More »
Served hot in the winter or cold in the summer this soup is delicious. - 122.2
Want a great refreshing soup? Watch this wonderful video that shows how this amazing heath soup can be made within no time. If you like beets, then do see this video and enjoy and good health! - 114.768
Baked Chicken And Egg Kiev
Want to learn how to make a classic European dish in the easiest and most hassle free way possible? Then watch this video and get ready to pleasantly surprise your guests! - 76.5044
Ukrainian Cabbage Meat Soup A One Dish Meal
Ukrainian Cabbage Meat Soup is definitely a tasty One Dish Meal! A unique Soup that is simply irresistible, it is perfect for your parties or a grand dinner at home! I made this for my husband for our anniversary dinner and he loved it! Try the Ukrainian... - 51.2294
Hira's Ukrainian Goulash
1) Wash the carrots and potatoes and chop them into bite-size pieces.
2) Stem them until they become soft.
3) In a frying pan, melt the butter. ... - 48.3161
The Ukranian Borsch, a traditional central eueopean dish is simply a tasty soup. This reddish soup is visually appealing and a perfect addition to your dinner spread! Serve the Ukranian Borsch for your next party and see how your guests fall in love with it! - 48.251
1) In a deep pan, cook the consomme, bouillon, 1 cup of water and cabbage leaf for about 20 minutes. You can cook until the cabbage leaf gives a special flavor.
2) Now, discard cabbage leaf and add vinegar, beet juice drained from beets, half of the... - 48.1357
In a bowl, mix together the butter, chives, garlic powder, lemon juice, paprika and pepper.
Place the turkey breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap or aluminum foil and flatten to 1/4 in (0.5 cm) thick by using a rolling pin or meat... - 47.6951
1. In a Dutch oven combine together and boil browned beef stock or vegetable stock, beets, carrots, onion, bay leaf, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 40 minutes.
3. Stir in cabbage and un-drained tomatoes.
4.... - 47.5119
To make the filling, mix the butter with the garlic, parsley, lemon zest and juice and season.
Shape into 2 logs, wrap in clingfilm or foil and chill until firm but not solid.
Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
Make a slit lengthwise in each chicken breast... - 47.3973
Chicken is wonderful as a side dish, appetizer or the main dish itself. I love this chicken kiev for the fine dining experience that it offers. This brings the flavors and tastes of my favorite restaurant to my very kitchen - 47.3212
1) In a soup pot, bring a mixture of water and tomato juice to a boil.
2) Stir in vegetables and simmer, covered for 30 minutes until the vegetables become soft.
3) In a blender or food processor, puree 2 cups of soup taken from the pot.
4) Pour the... - 47.3202
Historically borscht is know to have originated in what is now Ukraine sometime in the mid-13th. Century. Russia, Lithuania, Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary & even Serbia lay claim to this great soup but historical evidence proves that it originated in Ukraine.... - 47.1474
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) Mix the first 6 ingredients well and figure into a stick (like butter).
3) Chill covered for about 45 minutes or until hard.
4) Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling... - 46.9771
1) In a saucepan, heat oil and sauté onion and celery gently in it, stirring frequently.
2) Stir in beetroot with water, sugar, salt and yeast extract and allow boiling for 20 minutes.
3) Strain through a strainer or process in a blender and then heat... - 46.9659
1) In a deep saucepan, mix together the water, meat and the bones
2) Bring the mixture to a boil, skimming the scum on the top
3) Add in the beets, onion, garlic and the salt
4) Place the lid on the saucepan, and cook over a medium flame for about 2... - 46.7553
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) In a small bowl, add in softened butter, parsley, chives and onions. Blend well.
3) Shape the mixture into 10 sticks. Place them on a platter and freeze for about 20 minutes.
4) Place a stick on each of the turkey... - 46.739
Place beef and cold beef bouillon in deep kettle.
Add salt and pepper to taste and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil, and skim.
Simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes.
In another pan melt butter and saute in it onion, carrots, beets, cabbage, and parsley for 3... - 46.7323
Chicken A La Kiev
1) Trim chicken by removing the skin and cut it into thin, flat pieces with the tip of a knife.
2) Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
3) Beat with a mallet to flatten the pieces by keeping them between wax paper.
4) Discard the paper and add chopped... - 46.7186
1) In a deep kettle, combine the soup meat and pork along with 2 1/2 quarts of water.
2) Bring the mix to a boil and then cook for 15 minutes.
3) Skim and add bay leaf, peppercorns, garlic and soup greens. (Preferably carrot, celery, leek, some parsley... - 46.654
Combine meat, onion, garlic, water, bay leaf, thyme and pepper in 3-quart casserole.
MICROWAVE 10 MINUTES on HIGH.
MICROWAVE 30 MINUTES on '6".
Stir in cabbage, carrot, turnip, tomatoes and salt.
MICROWAVE 10 MINUTES on '6'.
Add... - 46.5769
1.Mix ingredients to make flavored butter.
3.Take 2 waxed sheets if paper and place breasts between them.
4.Pound them with a mallet to break them into o 6 mm (1/4 inch) thick pieces.
5.Mix in ingredients for crumb coating.
6. Keep... - 46.4603
1) In a deep saucepan, place together the brisket, bones and water
2) Bring the mixture to a boil, skimming off the scum
3) Add in the onions and tomatoes
4) Cover the saucepan with a lid and cook on a low flame for about an hours
5) Add in the... - 46.381
Looking for something to make your taste buds crave for more? This Borscht recipe is what you want. Add this Borscht to your list of choicest foods and make it whenever you want to. - 46.3753
Microwave Fiesta Chicken Kiev
Pound each raw chicken breast with a mallet to flatten and tenderize.
Beat together butter and cheese spread until well blended.
Mix in onion, salt, M.S.G.and chilies.
Divide mixture equally among the 8 chicken pieces, placing a portion towards 1 end of each... - 45.9339
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Lightly grease a 9-by-4-inch tube pan
3. Prepare the glaze by combining the confectioner-€™s sugar, rum and cream in a small bowl.
4. Sprinkle the yeast on to a large bowl filled with warm water and set... - 45.9238
Gourmet Chicken Kiev
Have butcher bone chicken.
Skin the chicken breasts by starting at the pointed end of the breast, insert thumb under the skin and strip it off.
If you decide to prepare the chicken breasts with the wing bone attached, cut off the wing tip and its adjacent... - 45.9113
Cream butter and sugar in large bowl.
Beat 4 egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored.
Stir into creamed mixture.
Soften yeast in 1/4 cup water.
Use very warm water (115°F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F.to 90°F.) for compressed.
Add to mixture with the... - 45.899
Saute onion in bacon drippings and clarified butter in large saucepan until tender.
Saute until tender.
Saute until tender.
Stir in beef consomme and tomato puree; reduce heat.
Bring to a simmer, skimming surface.
Cook beets in 3... - 45.8707
In a stockpot, combine beets, onion, water, salt, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
Bring to a boil; simmer over medium heat for 1 hour.
Add remaining lemon juice and sugar; simmer an additional 20 minutes.
Remove beets; chop or grate them and set aside.
In a... - 45.7646
Beef And Root Vegetable Borscht
Saute onions slowly in oil or margarine in a large heavy pan until golden brown.
Remove fat and coarse tissues from beef and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
Add meat to pan and saute until brown.
Add cold water, salt, pepper, herbs and garlic, cover and bring to a... - 45.647
Cream butter, garlic, salt, pepper and parsley together.
Shape into 12 rounds with a tablespoon and put on waxed paper.
Freeze until very solid.
Heat fat to 370 degrees.
Skin and bone pieces of chicken breast, being careful not to tear meat.
Put each piece of... - 45.6094
1) In a saucepan, mix together the beets, water, onion and salt
2) Bring to a boil
3) Cover the pan with a lid and cook over a low flame for an hour
4) Tip in the sugar and lemon juice
5) Cook for an additional 10 minutes and season the soup with... - 45.5809
1. In a large soup kettle, tip in the water, cabbage, beets, onion, carrot, garlic and bay leaves.
2. Bring the kettle to a boil, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes or till done
3. Add the tomato, lemon juice and tamari, and simmer on 15 minutes... - 45.3284
1. Take beets and cranberry sauce in a food processor bowl with metal blade or blender container, process until content gets pureed.
2. If using blender container, puree in small parts.
3. In a large saucepan, add in all pureed contents,... - 45.2902
Preheat oven to 375º F.
In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, chives, parsley, lemon juice and garlic powder. Transfer to a small piece of plastic wrap and shape into a small log. Place in freezer while working on the breasts.
In a shallow dish or... - 45.2411
Place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of waxed paper and flatten with a mallet or rolling pin.
Cream the butter in a mixing bowl.
Beat in the herbs, garlic, lemon rind and seasoning and moisten with a teaspoon of the lemon juice.
Shape the butter into a... - 45.1779
Mix margarine, chives, garlic powder and pepper; shape into 1" square [two 1" squares].
Wrap and freeze until firm, about 20 min.
Pound chicken piece[s] to 1/4" thickness between pieces of waxed paper.
Place square[s] of margarine mixture on center of chicken... - 45.1681
Borscht Without Meat
Pare beets and potatoes, then dice them.
Combine all ingredients in a 6 quart kettle.
Bring to boiling.
Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
Remove vegetables and force through a sieve or puree in an... - 45.1031
Beef Borsch With Sour Cream
1) Arrange all the ingredients a day before serving.
2) Quarter the onions.
2) To make the beef borsch: In a deep, 8-quart kettle, place beef, marrow bone, 1 tablespoon salt, and 2 quarts water.
3) Cover the kettle, and bring to... - 45.1008
1. Trim fresh and tender leaves from beet stems. Remove stems and coarse leaves.
2. Wash the leaves and drain.
3. Chop the leaves.
4. Peel raw beets and shred coarsely measuring 5 to 6 cups.
5. Peel onion and shred.
6. Peel the potato and cut in... - 44.826
1. Preheat the oven at 400°.
2. Take a flat dish and beat the egg along with water.
3. In a bowl, combine margarine with parsley, chives, salt, and pepper together.
4. Prepare a dough and shape into 6 sticks. Freeze the sticks until... - 44.8135
Sweet & Sour Borscht
Insert metal blade.
Discard stems and coarse leaves from beets; reserve tender leaves.
Rinse and dry reserved leaves, then place in work bowl and process, using on-off pulses, until coarsely chopped.
Chop onion; set aside.
Grind pork, a portion at... - 44.7356
Chilled Cherry Borsch
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan.
Bring mixture to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
Strain mixture through a sieve, and discard spices.
Return mixture to saucepan.
Stir in beers and cherries, and bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce... - 44.734
Blend together 1/2 cup butter, parsley, garlic, rosemary, and pepper.
On waxed paper, form patty 3/4-inch thick; place in freezer until firm.
Meanwhile, flatten chicken breasts with meat hammer or edge of heavy saucer to 1/4-inch thickness.
Cut butter into 6... - 44.6236
In 3-quart casserole, combine beef shanks, water, salt, and pepper.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 10 minutes or till boiling.
Cook, covered, at MEDIUM (5) for 1 hour or till tender.
Remove beef shanks.
When meat is cool enough to handle, cut from bones; dice... - 44.5935
1) In a saucepan, add butter to melt over medium heat.
2) Add beets to cook for a few minutes.
3) Pour in vinegar and cover the saucepan.
4) Cook the beets in vinegar for 20 minutes by reducing the heat to very low.
5) Remove cover to stir in soups,... - 44.5787
1. In a saucepan cover meat with water. Cook over simmering heat for about 3 hours until rich broth forms.
2. Stir occasionally.
3. Discard bone and skim the scum.
4. In a bowl mix beets with lemon juice. Add onions, allspice, bay leaf, parsley and... - 44.5435
Borsch Style Stew
Trim excess fat from ribs.
In 4 1/2-quart Dutch oven brown ribs on all sides; drain.
Add carrots, turnips, celery, and onion.
Blend the 4 cups water with tomato paste, salt, and pepper; pour over meat and vegetables in Dutch oven.
Cover; bake at 350° for 2... - 44.5232
Ukrainian Christmas Doughnuts
In large mixer bowl combine 2 cups of the flour and the yeast.
In saucepan heat the milk, shortening, sugar, and salt just till warm (115°F to 120°F), stirring till shortening almost melts.
Add to dry ingredients in mixer bowl.
Add eggs and egg... - 44.4767
1) Into a kettle or dutch oven, cook the meat till browned
2) Add salt, pepper, broth and the onion
3) Cover and simmer to a gentle boil for 2 hours
4) Peel the turnips and cube them
5) Add the celery to the meat
6) Cover and cook for an hour longer... - 44.4414
Combine chicken broth, water, carrot, onion, and celery in a medium saucepan.
Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add wine, and cook 1 minute.
Remove from heat, and let cool.
Combine vegetable mixture,... - 44.4333
Borscht With Meat
Fry salt pork until golden in a 5 quart kettle.
Add leek and onion.
Fry until onion is transparent.
Add celery root, beets, cabbage, water, and meat.
Cook until celery root is crisp tender; about 25 minutes.
Add tomatoes and kvas; mix.
Cook over medium heat... - 44.2571
Borscht has a moist taste. The beef and vegetable gives the Borscht a sizzling taste. Borscht is inspired by restaurants internationally. Must catch it. - 44.2373
Ukrainian Cabbage Rolls
In a large bowl, combine meat, rice, and egg.
Stir in onion, carrot, and salt.
In a saucepan, cover cabbage leaves with boiling water.
Boil for 2 to 3 minutes; drain.
Place a ball of the meat-and-rice mixture in the centre of each cabbage leaf and... - 44.223
In a large covered saucepot or Dutch oven over medium-low heat, combine hot water, beef, 2 sliced beets, carrots, onion, celery, bay leaf and 1-1/2 teaspoons salt; simmer for 2 hours.
Shred remaining 1 beet; add to mixture along with tomato paste, sugar and... - 44.1815
Cook beef in large saucepan till browned.
Add onions and 8 cups water; simmer, covered, till meat is tender, about 2 hours.
Remove meat from bones.
Skim off excess fat from broth.
Drain beets, reserving liquid; shred beets.
Add beets and liquid... - 44.169
Bone and halve chicken breasts.
Place each piece of chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper; pound with flat side of meat mallet until thin.
Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
Saute onion and parsley in 2 tablespoons butter.
Place 2 tablespoons butter... - 44.0649
A wonderful take on the traditional Chicken Kiev, this one is mouth watering and wonderful, each ingredient compliments the other - 44.0328
1) Into a 3-quart casserole, add in the beets, sliced carrots, sliced onion, cubed potatoes, shredded cabbage, garlic, salt, marjoram, pepper, bay leaf.
2) Add in 1/2 cup water and mix well.
3) Cover and microwave on HIGH for about 17 minutes or till... - 43.9403
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and sautÃ© onion and beetroot for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Blend in the flour, then the stock.
3) Allow the beet mixture to boil, stirring constantly, season to taste.
4) Put the lid on and simmer... - 43.8764
Chicken kiev is a breaded and herb seasoned chicken cutlet recipe. Cooked by frying, the chicken kiev is savory and flavorful with a fresh taste to it. Served with salads or sides of choice, it makes a great meal. - 43.766
Beef And Vegetable Borsch
Pat beef dry with paper towels.
In 8 quart Dutch oven, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium high heat until hot.
Add half of beef and cook until well browned on all sides.
Transfer beef to plate.
Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef.
Reduce heat to... - 43.7292
Sweet & Sour Borscht
Cut off beet tops.
Cut off and discard stems and any wilted leaves.
Coarsely chop remaining leaves.
Peel beets and shred coarsely; set aside.
Heat oil in a 5-quart pan over medium heat.
Add onion and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables... - 43.7067
Old World Borsch Salad
1. In a small saucepan cover potatoes with beef broth or bouillon cube in water and heat to boil. Remove from heat and cool in broth while mixing rest of salad.
2. In a small bowl, season beets with French dressing and chill.
3. In another large bowl... - 43.6544
1. Blend butter, garlic, rosemary, pepper and parsley.
2. On a waxed paper for the mixture to a patty. Make it 3/4 inch thick.
3. Place the mixture in the freezer, till it gets firm.
4. Flatten the chicken breasts with a knife. Make the chicken... - 43.6393
Try this delicious version of Ukrainian Kolach recipe. I am sure, once you taste this deadly combination of eggs and yeast, you'll always love to share it with your friends and family! - 43.6085
Easy Baked Chicken Kiev
Wash the chicken and pat dry.
Place pieces one at a time, skinned side down, between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a flat-surfaced mallet until about 1/8 inch thick.
In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon of the... - 43.5463
Rinse meats in cold water.
Place in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
Bring to the boil, skimming when necessary, reduce heat, cover and boil gently for 1 hour.
Add onions, tomatoes, cabbage, beetroot, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, paprika, sugar and... - 43.4147
Russian Beet Borsch
This is a one of the staple diet of Russian cuisine and there is a lot of variation to this recipe. - 43.3768
Put beets in a soup pot and add cold water to cover.
Set over medium heat, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until beets are tender, about 20 minutes.
Skim off any scum that may form.
When beets are done, reserve them and their... - 43.366
In a large saucepan combine stock, beets, potato, onion and carrot.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat.
Simmer for 30 minutes.
Skim if necessary.
Add cabbage, tomato, parsley and dill.
Simmer for 30 minutes longer or until... - 43.2982
Tomato Soup Ukrainian Style
Combine bones, carrot, onion, cabbage, and stock in soup kettle; bring to boil.
Reduce heat; simmer 1 hour, skimming surface occasionally.
Chop tomatoes; add to soup.
Stir in seasonings; simmer 45 minutes.
Pour soup into blender or food... - 43.2065
1) Halve the chicken breasts lengthwise and pound them to flatten.
2) In a small bowl, combine the Season-All, pepper, onion powder and savory and sprinkle over the chicken breast halves.
3) Spoon 1 tablespoon butter in the center of... - 43.1765
Freezer Chicken Kiev
Freezer Chicken Kiev is an alluring side dish recipe that you will surely love to serve to your family. Try this luscious Freezer Chicken Kiev; I bet everyone in your family will always crave for it. - 43.1363
Add shortening, salt, and sugar; stir until melted.
Cool to lukewarm.
Add yeast to water; stir until dissolved.
Add to lukewarm milk mixture; mix well.
Beat eggs; add with lemon peel to milk mixture.
Add flour; beat until smooth.
Cover; let rise... - 43.1285
Easy Baked Chicken Kiev
Place chicken breasts, one at a time, between 2 sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap.
With flat side of a mallet, gently pound breasts until each is about 1/4 inch thick; set aside.
In a rimmed plate or pie pan, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, 1... - 43.115
Blend together 125 mL butter, parsley, garlic, rosemary and pepper.
On waxed paper, form patty 2.5 cm (1 inch) thick; place in freezer until firm.
Meanwhile, flatten chicken breasts with meat hammer or edge of heavy saucer to 0.5 cm (1/4 inch) thickness.
Cut... - 43.0781
Chicken Kiev Appetizers
Pound chicken until 1/4-inch thick.
Cut butter lengthwise into 4 sections.
Place 1 piece of butter at narrow end of each chicken breast.
Sprinkle with parsley and onion salt.
Fold over sides to cover butter.
Roll up in jelly-roll fashion starting at butter... - 42.9407
New World Borscht
Spray a slow cooker container with butter-flavored cooking spray.
In prepared container, combine steak pieces, beef broth, and water.
Stir in dill weed, cabbage, onion, carrots, celery, and tomato juice.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
Add lemon juice and... - 42.9009
Cut a stick of butter in half crosswise.
Cut and shape each half into 8 rolls about 1/2 inch thick.
In a small bowl, mix chives, parsley, tarragon, rosemary, oregano and garlic powder.
Twirl butter rolls in mixed herbs.
Place butter rolls in freezer 30... - 42.8861
1) In a saucepan, mix together beets, beet stock and consommé.
2) Heat the beets mixture until well blended, stirring constantly.
3) Take the pan off the heat. and add lemon juice.
4) Place the beet in refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
5) Stir... - 42.8648
1) Mix together the butter and lemon juice until smooth.
2) Peel and crush the garlic and add to the butter with the parsley and seasoning.
3) Mix well.
4) Shape into a cylinder, wrap in foil and place in freezer for 1 hour to firm.
5)... - 42.8352
In a large pan, put meat, water, salt, peppers, and bay leaf; bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.
Add beets and cook 1 more hour.
Remove meat from broth with a slotted spoon; set aside.
Add carrots, celery, potato, and onion.
Drain liquid from canned... - 42.807
Place the sugar in a saucepan with 5 tablespoons of the water.
Heat gently, stirring continuously, until the sugar has dissolved.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in a further 5 tablespoons of cold water.
When the liquid is lukewarm, mix in the... - 42.7801
Veal And Beet Borscht
Cook veal in salted water to cover until tender.
Puree beets in a blender, or pass through a sieve, with their water.
Add cucumber to beets and beet water.
Mix into veal and its juices.
Gradually stir in sour cream.
Add dill, salt, pepper, chives and... - 42.7288
Cut the beef and lamb in half-inch cubes.
Place in pressure cooker.
Add cold water, salt, pepper, meat sauce and pork.
Pressure cook at 15 lbs.pressure for 14 minutes.
Reduce pressure and open cooker.
Add all vegetables and pressure cook again for 5... - 42.7055
Cream together the butter, parsley, tarragon, salt, garlic salt, and pepper.
Divide into 4 portions; and shape each portion into a 2-inch finger.
Freeze for 20 minutes.
Bone, skin and cut in half the chicken breasts.
Pound each to a 1/4-inch thickness.
Place... - 42.6428
1. Slice butter or margarine into 12 equal size sticks.
2. Place in the freezer during fixing chicken, for this the butter should be very cold.
4. Remove the skin from chicken breasts and slice it into two halves.
5. Cut meat in one piece from bones.... - 42.6369
Put soup bone, beef shoulder, pork and salt pork in very large kettle.
Add 10 cups water, bay leaf, peppercorns, garlic, parsley, carrot, celery and leek.
Bring to a boil, turn down heat, cover tightly and simmer about 2 1/2 hours or until all meat is... - 42.5989
This yummy Beet Borscht swept me off my feet, I bet it will do the same to you. Beet Borscht as a Side Dish never fails to impress. This Beet Borscht is surely going to make you famous amongst your friends once they taste it. Try it right away! - 42.5369
Cut butter or margarine into 12 even-length sticks; chill in freezer while fixing chicken, for butter should be very cold.
Pull skin from chicken breasts; halve breasts and cut meat in one piece from bones.
Place each half, boned side up, between waxed paper... - 42.4997
Ukrainian Mushroom Filled Rolls
In small mixing bowl combine 1 cup of the flour and the yeast.
In saucepan heat the 2 tablespoons butter, 1/4 tea spoon salt, and 1/2 cup water just till warm (115-120°); stir constantly.
Add to dry mixture; add egg.
Beat at low speed with electric mixer for... - 42.3973
Heat consomme and water to boiling in a saucepan.
Stir in garlic, celery, brown sugar, ginger, and cayenne pepper.
Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, soften gelatin in reserved beet liquid in a saucepan.
Stir over low heat until... - 42.3828
Ukrainian Honey Cake
Heat honey to a boil, then set aside and cool to room temperature.
Beat butter and 1/2 cup of the sugar until light, and beat in egg yolks one at a time.
Add honey, then stir in sifted dry ingredients and nuts alternately with the sour cream.
Beat egg whites... - 42.3729
Oven-baked Chicken Kiev
Slice cheese into 8 equal pieces, and place on waxed paper, sprinkle with chives.
Cover and freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper, flatten chicken to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling... - 42.3116
Hearty Ham Borscht
Place ham bone and water in a Dutch oven or soup kettle; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
Remove ham bone; allow to cool.
Remove meat from bone and cut into bite-size pieces; discard bone.
Return meat to kettle.
Add ham, beets,... - 42.2823
1. In a large deep skillet over medium heat, add 1 & 1/2 inches of vegetable oil to reach 360°F for frying.
2. To butterfly small breasts, on work surface covered with waxed paper, lay out chicken breasts, place on cutting board covering with one... - 42.2379
Cut the butter or margarine into 12 even length sticks; chill in freezer while fixing chicken, for butter should be very cold.
Pull skin from the chicken breasts; halve breasts and cut meat in one piece from bones.
Place each half, boned side up, between... - 42.1878
Chilled Spinach Borscht
Rinse spinach well.
In a saucepan place spinach and a small amount of salted water.
Cook over medium heat until tender.
Drain and chop.
Into a blender container place cucumber and onion.
Process until pureed.
Into a large bowl place puree.
Stir in half the... - 42.1393
Ukrainian Recipes By Category