- » Turnover
Enjoy our collection of turnover recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for turnover recipes.
Old Fashioned Apple Turnovers
Beat egg; stir in sugar, then sour milk and cream.
Sift 2 cups flour with soda, cream of tartar, salt, and spices and stir into first mixture.
Add more flour, enough to make a soft dough that can be rolled without sticking.
Turn out on floured board; divide... - 48.101
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Grease 2 baking sheets with a little butter.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine filling ingredients and mix well.
4. On a flour dusted work surface, roll out pastry into large 1/8- inch thick sheet.
5. Use a... - 45.3801
Mix flour and the 1 teaspoon salt.
Cut in shortening till pieces are the size of small peas.
Sprinkle 1 tablespoon water over part of the mixture; gently toss with fork.
Push to side of bowl; repeat till all is moistened.
Form dough into a ball.
Divide dough... - 45.2687
1) Roll the prepared pastry out to an oblong about 1/4 inch (1/2 cm) thick.
2) Trim the edges into straight and then cut eight squares out of it.
3) Leave the pastry to rest while preparing the filling.
4) Peel, quarter and core the apples. Cut... - 45.0632
Apple Cheddar Turnovers
Apple Cheddar Turnovers has a yummy taste. Apple Cheddar Turnovers gets its lovely taste from dry yeast and flour mixed with cheese and cream. Apple Cheddar Turnovers is loved by many people. - 44.2886
1) Preheat the oven to the desired temperature of 375Â°F.
2) Take the uncooked biscuits from container, separate them, cover, and allow them to stand on a floured bread board for about 10 minutes, until they are slightly warm.
3) In... - 44.1815
Combine raisins, water, and orange juice in saucepan.
Bring to a boil and boil 5 minutes.
Then add sugar, tapioca, cinnamon, and salt.
Cook and stir until mixture again comes to a boil.
Remove from heat.
Add vinegar, butter, and orange rind; blend.
Roll... - 43.1743
In a large bowl, combine eggs, water, oil, sugar and salt.
Stir in flour 1 cup at a time, to make a stiff dough.
Let dough rest 5 minutes.
Knead until smooth, 8 to 10 minutes.
Divide dough into 3 equal balls.
Place balls in a plastic bag; let rest 1 hour.
On... - 42.8836
Breakfast Raisin Turnover
1) Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2) Take a small saucepan and dissolve arrowroot in lemon juice in it for the filling.
3) Mix in raisins and stir cook the mixture for about 1 minute over low heat until it becomes hot and... - 42.8232
Delicious Apple Turnovers
Combine apples and water in a large saucepan, bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Slightly mash apples, add 3/4 cup sugar, salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and... - 42.6632
To prepare the filling, in a heavy skillet saute the meat with the onions about fifteen minutes, using a little oil, if necessary.
Remove from heat and stir in the salt and spices.
In a separate pan bring the water to a boil, stir in the rice, and reduce... - 42.6341
Meat And Vegetable Turnovers
Heat butter in large heavy skillet.
Add beef and cook gently, stirring, until lightly browned.
Sprinkle in flour, salt, seasoned salt and pepper.
Stir the mixture to blend.
Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water and stir into mixture gradually.
Cook,... - 41.9502
Cheese Apricot Turnovers
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F
2) Take a large mixing bowl and blend cream cheese and butter in it.
3) Gradually add sifted flour and salt to the above mixture and mix well to form a dough. Chill the dough.
4) On a floured board, roll out... - 41.6777
Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
Place 1 sheet of phyllo on a damp towel (keep remaining phyllo covered).
Lightly coat phyllo with cooking spray.
Place another sheet of phyllo over first sheet; coat with cooking spray.
Cut stacked... - 41.3831
Summer Fruit Turnovers
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with no-stick spray.
In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries, raspberries, sugar, flour, and lemon juice.
Gently stir until the sugar is dissolved.
Place a double layer of phyllo on a... - 40.4452
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Roll the pastry dough into 1/8 inch thickness and cut out 8 squares of the size 5-inches.
3. In a bowl combine sugar, blueberries, lemon juice, flour and salt. Heap a tablespoon of this mixture on... - 40.0141
Combine ground beef, green onion, and chopped green and red pepper in a heavy skillet.
Cook until meat is browned, drain.
Stir in flour, salt, pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Cool to room... - 39.9919
1. Prepare Pastry Dough as directed through chilling, but in Step 1, add 2 tablespoons granulated sugar along with flour.
2. In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add apples, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt; cook,... - 39.7795
In saucepan mix sugar, salt, and flour.
Stir in orange juice and blueberries with syrup.
Cook, stirring, until very thick; cool.
Roll out pastry on a lightly floured board.
Cut out twelve 4 1/2-inch rounds.
Put 2 tablespoons blueberry mixture on half of each... - 39.1144
Place the bread dough in a warm place and allow to rise.
Mix all the filling ingredients together.
When the bread dough has risen, roll out on a floured board to 1/4 in (6 mm) thickness and cut into 4 in (10 cm) squares.
Place a tablespoon of filling on each... - 38.8468
Cheese Apricot Turnovers
This Cheese Apricot Turnovers tastes absolutley divine and hnece is so irresistable to miss it. Here’s a quick and easy to make recipe for Cheese Apricot Turnovers and just relish! - 38.8043
Turkey Mushroom Turnovers
In a large frying pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and saute, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated.
In a small dish, stir together the sour cream, flour, salt, and sage; stir into mushrooms in pan and cook, stirring,... - 38.6973
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F
2) Firstly, hull out the pastry about 1/8 inch thick.
3) Next, cut the pastry into 8 rounds of about 6 inches.
4) Now , take the peach slices and place 3 slices on each of the cut pastry circles and sprinkle... - 38.5599
1. To make the filling, soak the raisins in a little warm water for 10 minutes. Drain, then chop them roughly. Heat the oil in a large pan or wok and add the spinach, stir, then cover and cook over a low heat for about 2 minutes.
2. Remove the lid from the... - 38.1248
Flaky Crescent Mushroom Turnovers
Heat oven to 375Â°F.
Saute" mushrooms, parsley and onion in 2 tablespoons margarine, stirring occasionally.
Cool; drain if necessary.
Separate dough into 4 rectangles.
Firmly press perforations to seal.
Cut each rectangle crosswise in half forming 8... - 38.099
Dissolve yeast in warm water.
Stir in sugar, oil, salt and enough flour to make dough easy to handle; turn onto floured surface.
Knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
Place in greased bowl; turn greased side up.
Cover; let rise until double, about... - 37.1359
Fried Apricot Turnovers
Combine apricots and just enough water to cover in a small saucepan, bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until tender.
Add sugar, cinnamon, butter, and lemon juice.
Mash apricot mixture well.
Divide pastry into 2... - 36.9093
Shred cheese with shredding disc and set aside.
Change to metal blade.
Process salami with on-off bursts until finely chopped.
Add tomato paste, oregano, garlic powder, and cheese, and process with 4 on-off bursts or until filling is mixed.
On a lightly... - 36.7425
1) Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2) Combine the cream cheese and the butter together.
3) Stir in the flour and blend with the fingers or a pastry blender until smooth. Then refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes.
4) On a lightly floured... - 36.7042
In a bowl, combine salami, cheese, garlic powder, and oregano; mix lightly.
Place 2 teaspoons cheese mixture in center of each won ton skin.
Wet your finger with water and lightly moisten all four edges of each skin.
Fold in half diagonally to form a... - 36.5526
Cut the butter into the flour and salt with 2 knives.
The mixture will be slightly lumpy.
Mix the yeast in a beaten egg until all yeast is dissolved.
Add this to the flour mixture.
Knead thoroughly with your hands.
Roll out the dough on a floured board.
Cut... - 36.3339
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out each sheet of dough, still folded,into a rectangle about 10 x 14 inches.
Cut each rectangle into quarters to form 8 small rectangles.
Combine cherries, flour, sugar and lemon juice.
Toss to... - 35.8302
Cherry Turnovers has a amazing taste. Cherry Turnovers gets its taste from eggs mixed with dough. Cherry Turnovers is loved by many around the world. - 35.1721
Tiny Mushroom Turnovers
Saute minced onion and chopped mushrooms in butter.
Add flour, salt, and thyme, stirring until smooth, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Stir in sour cream, set mixture aside.
Roll pastry out to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured board, cut intorounds... - 34.9025
YUM and extremely scrumptious, who doen't love this Fruit Turnovers ? One of the most popular desserts for all seasons, this Fruit Turnovers is a lot satisfying for your taste-buds and is also fun to make! - 34.7909
Flaky Fruit Turnovers
In a bowl, combine flour and sugar.
Add butter; with your fingers or a pastry blender, rub or cut mixture until it forms fine, even crumbs.
Gradually add milk, mixing with a fork until dough holds together.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for... - 34.7646
Mix and sift flour, baking powder, and salt; cut in shortening; add orange juice gradually.
Mix; roll out 1/4-inch thick on lightly floured board.
Cut into 4-inch squares, spread 1 diagonal half of each pastry square with one of the jams or with apple butter.... - 34.7582
Roll pastry to 1/8 inch thickness; cut in eight 5 inch squares.
Combine blueberries, sugar, flour, lemon juice, and salt; place a heaping tablespoon on each square.
Fold pastry in half diagonally; seal edges with fork.
Cut slits for escape of steam.
Place... - 33.4047
Sour Cherry Turnovers
1. Preheat the oven to 350° In an 8-inch glass or ceramic baking dish, mix the cherries with the cornstarch, granulated sugar, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of the lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon of the vanilla and a pinch of salt. Bake for about 35 minutes, until the... - 32.9911
1.Pre-heat the oven to Regulo 7, or 425°F.
2. On a floured surface, roll pastry out to an 8 inch square. Turn over the pastry. Trim edges. Cut to form 4 squares.
3. Spoon a quarter of the jam on each pastry square.
4. With water,... - 32.9551
Fried Fruit Turnovers
Cut butter into flour.
Blend egg yolk and milk together; then add to flour mixture.
Knead well to make a smooth dough.
Roll out to 1/8 in. (4 mm) thickness.
Cut into six pastry rounds.
Place 1 1/2 tsp (21 ml) of pureed fruit in center of each round.
Fold over... - 32.8343
Roll the bread thin with a rolling pin.
Microwave the other ingredients until the apple is tender.
The length of time will depend on the type of apple and the power of the oven.
I start with 10 seconds on medium and adjust from there.
The key is, you don't... - 32.734
Raisin And Walnut Turnovers
Combine all ingredients but pastry and mix well.
Roll pastry 1/8" thick.
Cut into 22 2 1/2" squares, and put about 2 teasp of the raisin mixture on each square.
Moisten the edges of the squares with water, fold over from corner to corner to form a triangle,... - 32.6865
Hot Mushroom Turnovers
1. In medium-sized bowl, with hand knead cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups flour, and 1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick) until smooth. Shape dough into ball; wrap with plastic wrap or foil; refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet... - 32.0897
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Mix tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, salami, and seasoning.
Thaw pie crusts about 15 minutes; roll out dough and crimped edges to about 1/8 inch thickness.
Cut crusts into approximately 3-inch rounds.
Fill the center of each round... - 31.0009
Iced Apple Turnovers
1. Preheat oven to 425Â°F. In 1-quart saucepan combine apples, lemon juice, granulated sugar, and cinnamon and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until apples are very soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
2. On work surface roll... - 30.9274
Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
Roll out flaky pastry to a 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) thickness.
Cut into 4 x 6 inch (9 x 14 cm) ovals.
With a pastry brush, moisten oval edges with water.
Spoon 1/4 cup (60 mL) fruit filling into the center of each.
Fold turnovers,... - 29.4418
Quick And Easy Apple Turnovers
Mix apples with sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
Roll the pastry 1/8" thick, then cut into 4" squares.
Place a rounded tablespoonful of the apple mixture and 1/2 teasp melted butter in center of each square.
Dampen edges with water, then fold each square from... - 29.2097
Apple And Berry Turnovers
1. Place the berries in a bowl, add the caster sugar and mix together.
2. Dust a clean work surface with flour and unroll the pastry. Cut the pastry sheet into 8 squares and brush around the edges of each piece with some of the beaten egg.
3. Spoon a few... - 26.8419
1. Mix the cream cheese and the butter thoroughly. Add the flour and work with the fingers or pastry blender until smooth. Chill well, for at least thirty minutes.
2. Preheat oven to hot (450° F.).
3. Roll the dough to one-eighth-inch thickness on a lightly... - 24.5988
Fruit Or Jam Turnovers
Roll the pastry thinly and cut Into rounds of about 4 in diameter.
Place some jam or fruit in the centre of each round and moisten the edges with cold water.
Fold the pastry over and press the edges together.
Knock up the edges with the back of a knife and... - 21.8122
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a bowl, beat together egg and water.
3. Lightly brush each filo sheet with butter and stack in layers.
4. Cut the filo sheet layers to make six squares of about 5−inch each.
5. In a bowl, combine fruit... - 0
Fresh Cherry Turnovers
1. In a mixing bowl combine flour and butter using a pastry cutter combine the flour, butter and salt, gradually add the cold water as needed.
2. Once the dough combine keep in the refrigerator until needed.
3. Preheat heat the oven to 375... - 0
Stemilt Apple Strudel
Nothing starts a school day off better than a warm homemade apple strudel. Traditionally these are made with Phyllo pastry, but I love the simplicity of using puff pastry. In under 30 minutes you can go from concept to plate, making your mid week breakfasts... - 0
Turnover Recipes By Category