- » Turnip Mash
Turnip Mash Recipes
Enjoy our collection of turnip mash recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for turnip mash recipes.
Peel turnips and cut into small pieces.
Place in medium saucepan with boiling salted water to barely cover.
Simmer, covered, until tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
Mash turnips; add remaining ingredients. - 25.3955
1. Dice the cooked turnips. Mash or rice them.
2. Whip in cream or milk, butter or margarine, salt, mace and pepper. - 25.0628
Rich Mashed Turnip
Mashed Turnips are an enjoyable way to have turnips. If you and your family are on the lookout for a balanced meal at the break of day, this Mashed turnips can turn out to be ideal. One of the best ways to start your day! - 24.1813
Savory Mashed Turnip
Peel the turnip and cut into thin slices.
Add to the potatoes.
Pour the consomme or the water on top.
Add the sugar, pepper and savory.
Stir to mix.
Microwave at HIGH 12 to 14 minutes.
Stir after 10 minutes and check the tenderness of the... - 36.8962
Wash, pare and slice the turnips and cook in boiling water until soft, adding salt just before the cooking is completed.
Drain and mash the turnips in the stew pan and stand the pan uncovered, over a low fire for ten minutes to dry the turnips well, stirring... - 18.8012
Terrific Mashed Turnip
1. Peel turnip and cut it into 1-inch pieces.
2. In a large saucepan, add water and salt.
3. Drop turnip pieces, and cook on medium high heat for about 30-40 minutes or until fork tender.
4. Drain, and put turnip pieces back into the... - 99.02
Mashed Turnips And Potatoes
1. In a slow-cooker or a crock pot layer the turnips, potatoes and onions.
2. Pour enough water to cover the vegetables.
3. Cover the pot with its lid.
4. Slow cook the vegetables on HIGH for about 4 hours or if you are not in a hurry and want to... - 45.6081
Peel the turnip.
Cut it into 1 inch slices.
Drop into a pan of boiling salted water.
When tender, drain very thoroughly and return the pot to the heat to allow the turnips to dry off.
Mash to a fine pulp.
Add the dry mashed potatoes, the butter, and plenty of... - 33.5311
€¢ Peel the turnip as for Turnips Nature and slice thinly. Place in a microwave-safe dish with the sugar and water. Cover. Microwave at HIGH 12 to 14 minutes. Stir after 10 minutes and check the done-ness. When cooked, drain.
€¢ Add the remaining... - 30.3683
My Special Mashed Turnip
1. Peel the turnips and strip them thinly.
2. Add the turnip strips into a saucepan and cover them with lots of boiling water.
3. Stir in MSG and sugar and cook for about 8-9 minutes over high flame.
4. Drain the cooked turnips by... - 37.6565
1) Wash the turnips and pare them.
2) Cut each of them into quarters.
4) In a small saucepan, put 1 inch boiling water, place the turnips combined with salt and onion.
5) Cover the saucepan and cook turnips for 25 to 30 minutes, or until... - 44.0601
Easy Mashed Turnip
Cook turnips and onion in a small amount of lightly salted, boiling water over moderate heat for 30 to 40 minutes, until tender.
Drain thoroughly and mash.
Stir in butter or margarine, and salt and peppers.
Place over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes to evaporate... - 25.1021
Mashed Potatoes With Turnips
Cook turnips, covered, in small amount of boiling salted water for 10 minutes.
Add potatoes and onion; cook till vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Drain well; mash vegetables with butter, salt, and pepper.
Season with additional salt. - 23.7704
Mashed Turnips And Potatoes
1. Wash and pare turnips and potatoes. Cut into small cubes.
2. Place turnips and potatoes in a deep 3-quart non-metallic casserole.
3. Add water to cover vegetables.
4. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 15 to 18 (20 to 23) minutes or until vegetables are... - 37.1558
Cheesy Mashed Potatoes And Turnips
In large saucepan over high heat, combine potatoes and turnips with enough water to cover.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Return vegetables to saucepan; heat over high heat for... - 31.8998
Mashed Potatoes & Turnips With Garlic
Drizzle oil into a shallow rimmed baking pan.
Add onion and mix to coat with oil; then push onion to one side.
Cut unpeeled garlic heads into halves crosswise; place, cut sides down, in pan with onion.
Bake in a 375° oven, stirring onions occasionally, until... - 36.913
Cook the rutabagas in 1 inch of boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until very tender.
Drain and put through a ricer.
Return to the saucepan.
Over low heat, stir in the butter, beginning with 4 tablespoons.
Stir in the consomme and season with salt, pepper... - 38.061
Turnips With Apples
Steam turnips over boiling water until soft (about 20 minutes).
Add apple slices and steam a few more minutes until soft.
Remove from heat.
Mash together turnips and apples.
Season with pepper and butter to taste.
Sprinkle with cinnamon. - 27.3267
If turnip and white sauce are freshly prepared, combine and cool, then mix in the next five ingredients.
Add beaten egg yolks and fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
Spread in a greased casserole and bake in a pan of hot water at 325F(160C) for 1 hour. - 27.3129
Turnip And Potato Puree
In the work bowl slice the turnips.
Lightly saute them in the butter, add the stock and braise for 20 minutes.
In the work bowl puree the turnips and combine with the mashed potatoes, add the butter, season and serve in a vegetable dish sprinkled with chopped... - 28.3999
Mashed Rutabaga & Potato
Cook diced rutabaga, covered, in as small amount of boiling, salted water as possible about 30 minutes, or until tender; drain.
Boil potatoes in their jackets for about 30 minutes, or until very tender; drain and slip off skins.
Combine hot rutabaga and hot... - 27.9086
Wash the turnips, peel them, but do not cut off the base.
Cook the turnips in boiling water until tender but still firm.
Cut a lid off each one and scoop out the center, leaving the outer part as a cup.
Reserve the pulp.
Melt the butter in a frying pan and... - 37.2224
My friends like this Turnip Casserole recipe. This Turnip Casserole recipe was given to me by one of my uncle. It is truly delicious. Whenever we organizing any party at home, this casserole is surely included in party menu. It makes the party more enjoyable.... - 31.8338
Pare and slice turnips; cook in saucepan in small amount of salted water for 30 minutes or until ten- der.
Drain; reserve 1/3 cup liquid.
Combine butter and flour in saucepan; add onion, re-served liquid and cream gradually.
Simmer, stirring... - 35.9285
Cut a 1-pound (500 g) turnip in half, a 2-pound (1 kg) turnip in four sections.
Peel each one as for Turnips Nature If you wish to use parsley and butter, place the parsley on a piece of plastic wrap.
Place turnip on top.
Spread the soft butter on the cut... - 33.2036
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Take a bowl and add mashed turnips, savory, egg, 2 tbsp of butter, salt and pepper and stir well.
3. Spoon the mixture into the buttered baking dish.
4. Take a saucepan and add 3 tbsp of butter, and... - 41.734
Creamy Cooked Turnips
Place turnips in a large saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until turnips are tender.
Drain and mash.
Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
Cook over medium heat just until thoroughly heated. - 21.0444
1) In a pot of salted boiling water, boil the turnips till they become soft.
2) Drain the turnips. Add them back into the pot along with butter.
3) Mash the turnips using a potato masher.
4) In a non-stick skillet, cook the bacon till crisp.
5) Remove... - 36.1004
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Combine turnips, eggs, butter, sugar, salt, pepper and bread crumbs.
Turn into buttered 1 quart casserole.
Sprinkle on the Crumb Topping; bake until the top is browned, approximately 35 minutes - 33.3274
Turnips A La Francaise
Pan cook and mash the turnip, add the egg, the 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of butter, the savory, salt and pepper to taste.
Beat together until well blended.
Place in a buttered baking dish in a mound.
Make a white sauce with the 3 tablespoons (50 mL) butter, flour... - 39.2572
Pare and cube turnips.
Cook with consomme over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender.
Mash in same liquid until fluffy.
Add remaining ingredients.
Reheat and serve with meat dish.
Makes 6 servings. - 33.4397
"Cook turnips in salted water until just tender; drain.
Scoop out centers; reserve 2 tablespoons pulp.
Mash reserved pulp.
Mix beef, catsup, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, onion, reserved pulp, salt and pepper.
Spoon filling into turnip cups.
Cover with... - 32.4365
Shalgam Ka Bharta
1)In a pan, heat ghee and sauté next 4 ingredients for about 2 minutes until the onion is golden.
2)Add tomatoes, turnips, salt and chilies and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
3)Turn off heat and add garam masala and green coriander.... - 44.5846
Use the best of the tops, wash well and cook in i/2 inch water until tender.
Stir about often to cook evenly, strain, chop and stir in little butter.
Reheat and serve hot.
Mash cooked turnips with a few table-spoons of cream and a generous dash of... - 19.5489
Blend mashed turnips with egg, crumbs, evaporated milk, salt, and a few grains pepper.
Turn mixture into a buttered 1 1/4 quart baking dish.
Set dish in a shallow pan in a 350Â°F oven.
Pour boiling water into pan to a depth of 1 inch.
Bake about 15... - 30.6123
1. Peel and cube turnip, then place in boiling salted water and cook until tender.
2. While turnips are cooking, sautee onion in butter.
3. Drain turnips well, and then mash.
4. Mash in the sauteed onions.
You will find these turnips surprisingly delicious. - 22.2819
Cook onion in butter until just tender.
Add flour; blend well.
Add turnips, salt, sugar, pepper and beaten egg yolks; stir well.
Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold into turnip mixture.
Pour into buttered casserole.
Bake at 375 degrees for 40... - 29.9724
1. Fold together turnips and remaining ingredients.
2. Place in a nonstick 2 quart casserole. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes. - 23.2641
Combine all ingredients, except bread crumbs and parsley.
Place in a buttered souffle dish.
Top with buttered bread crumbs.
Bake at 375Â°F for 25 minutes.
Garnish with parsley, just before serving. - 34.694
Turnip Mash Recipes By Category