- » Turnip Green Stew
Turnip Green Stew Recipes
Enjoy our collection of turnip green stew recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for turnip green stew recipes.
Beef & Turnip Stew
In a 4- to 5-quart pan, combine soy, sugar, sherry, water, beef, anise, ginger, and onions.
Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
Simmer, covered, until meat is almost tender (about 1 1/2 hours).
Add turnips and continue to simmer until turnips and... - 34.9722
You May Also Like!
Beef Stew With Turnips (beef Bourguignonne)
Turnips have a delicately sweet flavor when young, but as they mature they lose their sweetness and become woody. Therefore, it is best to buy them when they are at their peak, between November and February. The greens, which are edible, should be bright... - 40.3778
Cider Braised Chicken And Turnips
1. In a large Dutch oven, combine broth and chicken. Simmer over medium heat, uncovered, 10 minutes, skimming off any foam that rises to surface. Add carrots, celery, onion, bay leaf, and savory. Simmer, partially covered, 15 minutes. Skim fat off surface of... - 32.5996
Irish Lamb Stew
This Irish lamb stew is a flavorful meat stew cooked with vegetables. Herbed and spiced with garlic, the Irish lamb stew is filling and hearty and can be cooked with assorted vegetables of choice too. - 44.2267
Winter Fish Stew
1. Place unwrapped frozen fish on plate; cook at medium low (30% power) 5 minutes, turning fish over once.
2. In 2-quart casserole or bowl, place turnips and 1/2 cup water; cover with casserole lid or large plate. Cook at high (100% power) 14 to 16 minutes... - 36.6649
Cubed Veal Stew
– Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
– In a stove-to-oven casserole dish, heat oil. Cook veal cubes and onion until golden. Add leeks, carrots, and peppers and pour hot beef stock over mixture. Cover and cook for 40 minutes in oven.
– At the end... - 33.1838
Old Fashioned Beef Stew
Coat meat with flour mixture.
Melt shortening in large skillet.
Brown meat thoroughly.
Add water; heat until water boils.
Cover tightly; simmer 2 hours.
Stir in' vegetables and seasonings.
Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30... - 43.2844
Brown onions in fat, dredge meat in flour and brown.
Add the next six ingredients and enough cold water to barely cover meat.
Simmer until meat is tender, about 4 hours.
Add salt, potatoes, turnip and carrots and cook until meat falls off bones.
Serve hot. - 33.6451
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper over bird and refrigerate overnight. The next day, rub the skin with the cut side of the lime. Cut bird into pieces.
2. Render salt pork over medium heat in a Dutch oven. When crisp, remove the cracklings.
3. In a mortar, pound to... - 40.5988
Beef Stew And Bowties
1) In a Dutch oven, place salt pork over medium heat.
2) Fry beef in the hot fat, stirring occasionally, until meat is well browned.
3) Take the meat off and keep aside.
4) To the same oven, add onion, green pepper and celery and saute until tender,... - 46.3289
1. Place the lamb in a large soup kettle. Add enough cold water to cover the lamb. Bring to boiling; boil for 5 minutes. Drain through a colander, discarding the water. Rinse the lamb in fresh cold water. Clean the soup kettle. Return the meat to the kettle.... - 35.274