- » Turnip
Turnips are smooth skinned root vegetables belonging to the cabbage family, with a crunchy feel and slightly bitter taste. This bulbous vegetable at one time was not considered ideal for human consumption. However, ... More »
Middle Eastern Pickled Turnips
Why not make some Middle Eastern style pickled turnips at home. Here is an amazing video that shows you how this dish can be made easily and briefs you about the health benefits of turnips and beets. Try out these pickled turnips that are only nutritious,... - 117.414
Terrific Mashed Turnip
1. Peel turnip and cut it into 1-inch pieces.
2. In a large saucepan, add water and salt.
3. Drop turnip pieces, and cook on medium high heat for about 30-40 minutes or until fork tender.
4. Drain, and put turnip pieces back into the... - 99.02
Potato, Turnip, And Leek Chowder
This thick and creamy potato, turnip, and leek chowder is perfect autumn weather food! Watch Chef Lisa demonstrate this easy to make and delicious chowder at the Newark Natural Foods Farmers. This thick and chunky soup with caramelized turnips, Yukon Gold... - 92.2001
Glazed Turnips With Agave And Rosemary
Think you don't like turnips? Think again! This recipe by Chef Lisa can convert quite a few die-hard turnip haters. Watch how simple it is to make the boring root into something really fancy, fit enough for your holiday dinners! Turnips browned and glazed... - 90.9283
Steamed Turnip Stuffed With Ground Meat
1. In a small bowl, mix together ground meats, ginger, and all the seasoning ingredients, and stir well to mix.
2. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
3. Cut the turnip into 8 slices, about 1 centimetre thick.
4. Using a round mould... - 81.2001
These Turnip Patties are surely going to woo you to a fabulous meal ! Just eat them hot with a savory dip in the beginning of a course to experience what I mean ! So what do you think about these crisp brown Turnip Patties ? - 47.2998
1) Preheat the oven to 450°.
2) Use a 9-inch glass pie plate to brush the bottom and sides generously with some of the melted butter. Place aside.
3) In a small bowl, whisk the bacon drippings and rest of the melted butter.
4) In another... - 45.8621
Shalgam Ka Bharta
1)In a pan, heat ghee and sauté next 4 ingredients for about 2 minutes until the onion is golden.
2)Add tomatoes, turnips, salt and chilies and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
3)Turn off heat and add garam masala and green coriander.... - 44.5846
Cook turnips in boiling, salted water to covcr until just tender.
Saute in butter the oinion, green pepper, and celery until tender.
Sprinkle with flour and cook 1 minute.
Add milk and stir until thickened.
Stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
Combine... - 44.5547
1) Peel turnips and quarter them.
2) Preheat oven moderate to 15 minutes.
3) In a saucepan heat water and steam turnips and onion for 10 minutes.
4) Put into a large bowl.
5) In a 1-quart saucepan, whisk the flour with about 2... - 44.3652
Savory Stuffed Turnips
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Butter a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
3. To prepare the turnips wash and pare them and cut thin slice off root and stem ends.
4. In large saucepan cook turnips in 1 inch boiling, salted water for 20 to 25... - 44.1149
1) Wash the turnips and pare them.
2) Cut each of them into quarters.
4) In a small saucepan, put 1 inch boiling water, place the turnips combined with salt and onion.
5) Cover the saucepan and cook turnips for 25 to 30 minutes, or until... - 44.0601
Buttery Grated Turnips
1) Using a medium grater, grate the turnips.
2) In a medium skillet, over low heat cook turnip in water for 15 minutes, until tender.
3) Then, to evaporate liquid, cook, uncovered, over very low heat, 5 minutes.
4) Remove the skillet... - 43.9051
Saute De Navets Lyonaise
1. Peel the turnips. Cut them in quarter and smoothen their edges.
2. In a pan og boiling salted water, cook the turnips for 5 minutes. Drain.
3. In a saute pan, melt some butter.
4. Add onions. Cover and cook them over low flame until... - 43.3894
Mallard With Turnips And Kumquats
Cut the tails off the ducks to remove the preen gland and pull out any remaining stubs of feather or down.
Rub the skins with the garlic.
Slice the peppers into half from top to bottom and then cut across into even straight strips.
Blanch them in boiling... - 42.6431
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Take a bowl and add mashed turnips, savory, egg, 2 tbsp of butter, salt and pepper and stir well.
3. Spoon the mixture into the buttered baking dish.
4. Take a saucepan and add 3 tbsp of butter, and... - 41.734
Try this alluring Turnip Gratin recipe. An easily prepared recipe, this Turnip Gratin is a dish which you will always love to serve to your friends. - 41.2043
Heat the butter in a heavy saucepan.
Cook the onion in it until soft.
Stir in the curry powder.
Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 or 3 minutes.
Stir in 1/2 cup of the consomme.
Add the turnips.
Cook covered over very low heat for about 10 or 15 minutes or... - 41.0731
1. With a sharp knife, peel the skin of the turnips.
2. Cut off an a slice from the bottoms so that they can sit when placed in a dish.
3. In a bowl, add the egg, ham, cheese, and pepper and stir to mix. Keep aside.
4. Take a... - 40.8955
Poached Turnip Tops
1 Trim the turnip tops, removing the larger stalks and ribs.
2 If you are using sprouting broccoli, cut the larger pieces in half.
3 Wash well.
4 Peel the onion and cut lengthwise in half.
5 Slice both halves as thinly as... - 40.3683
1) Grease the 6 custard cups of 6-ounce with butter.
2) In a medium-size bowl, combine all the ingredeints and mix well.
3) In the custard cups, spoon the mixture.
4) In moderate oven at temperature 350°, bake the cups for 30 minutes or... - 39.551
Backbone And Turnips In A Bag
Shake up flour in bag.
Salt and pepper backbone and put into bag.
Put turnips, parsley, onions, bell pepper, celery, and garlic in bag.
Mix Lea & Perrins, soy sauce, Kitchen Bouquet, wine, bitters, and water and pour in bag.
Salt to taste.
Seal bag and punch... - 39.2966
Turnips A La Francaise
Pan cook and mash the turnip, add the egg, the 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of butter, the savory, salt and pepper to taste.
Beat together until well blended.
Place in a buttered baking dish in a mound.
Make a white sauce with the 3 tablespoons (50 mL) butter, flour... - 39.2572
In slow-cooking pot, combine turnips, potatoes, onion and 1 tsp.salt.
Cover with water.
Cover pot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Mash; add cream, butter, 1/2 tsp.salt and pepper.
Beat until fluffy.
Makes 6... - 39.2332
Turnips, Lucerne Style
Cut the turnips into julienne strips.
Wash and drain.
Cook them in about 3/4 of an inch of boiling salted water until barely tender.
In a frying pan, cook the bacon until it is limp.
Add the onion and cook, stirring constantly, until soft and... - 38.9444
Duckling With Turnips
Preheat oven to 425F.
Sprinkle duckling inside and out with salt.
Tie ends of legs together.
Prick skin all over with fork.
Place, breast side up on a rack in shallow roasting pan.
Roast, uncovered, 45 minutes, or until nicely browned.
Meanwhile, in 1... - 38.341
My Special Mashed Turnip
1. Peel the turnips and strip them thinly.
2. Add the turnip strips into a saucepan and cover them with lots of boiling water.
3. Stir in MSG and sugar and cook for about 8-9 minutes over high flame.
4. Drain the cooked turnips by... - 37.6565
Peel and cube rutabaga.
In saucepan, cover rutabaga with cold water and bring to boil; cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix together 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the sugar and cinnamon.
Peel and slice apples very thinly;... - 37.5822
Spicy Turnips has a fine taste. Spicy Turnips gets its taste from turnips mixed with yoghurt and garam masala. Spicy Turnips is loved by many food lovers. - 37.2466
Wash the turnips, peel them, but do not cut off the base.
Cook the turnips in boiling water until tender but still firm.
Cut a lid off each one and scoop out the center, leaving the outer part as a cup.
Reserve the pulp.
Melt the butter in a frying pan and... - 37.2224
1) Peel off outer skin of turnips.
2) Make thin slice off the bottoms to allow it to sit flat.
3) In an 8x8x2-inch baking dish arrange the turnips.
4) Add water.
5) Cover with vented plastic wrap.
6) Cook on 100% power (high) for 14 to... - 37.0718
1. In a saucepan place the turnips. Add water to cover them. Boil.
2. Cook for 20 minutes till the turnips are tender, keeping the saucepan covered. Drain excess water.
3. Mix peas, carrots and turnips. Stir in pepper, salt and butter.
4. Cook over... - 36.9507
Savory Mashed Turnip
Peel the turnip and cut into thin slices.
Add to the potatoes.
Pour the consomme or the water on top.
Add the sugar, pepper and savory.
Stir to mix.
Microwave at HIGH 12 to 14 minutes.
Stir after 10 minutes and check the tenderness of the... - 36.8962
Peel and cut turnips into julienne strips and put into bowl of cold water.
Combine mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice in bowl.
Thin to desired consistency with cream.
Season to taste.
Drain and dry turnip strips.
Gently mix turnips and lentils... - 36.8783
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the garlic on the bottom of a gratin dish.
Layer with about half the turnip slices.
Sprinkle with half the fines herbes and a dash of salt and pepper.
Scatter a second teaspoon of garlic over the... - 36.5508
Mary Joe’s Turnip Greens
1. Take a 3-quart saucepan and place rinsed salt pork in it.
2. Add water and bring the mixture to boil.
3. Reduce heat and cook, without covering, on medium heat for about 45 to 60 minutes or till water is decreased to 1 cup.
4. Discard the stems and... - 36.3866
1) In a bowl, combine the grated turnips and onions together.
2) In another bowl, mix the salt, vinegar, prepared horseradish, sugar and cayenne pepper together.
3) Pour over the vegetable mixture; blend thoroughly.
4) Refrigerate the 5 1/2 cups... - 36.2224
Turnip Cups With Miso Sauce
1. Trim all but 3/4 inch (2 cm) of stem from each turnip. Peel. Trim a small piece from bottom of each turnip so that it will stand upright. Cut off the top of each turnip 1/2 inch (1 1/2 cm) below the stem. This will be the decorative cap.
2. Lightly wipe... - 36.2199
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Arrange turnips in a shallow casserole.
3. Drizzle lard, drippings, or oil.
4. Bake turnips in the preheated oven for 50 minutes, turning occasionally so that they brown evenly.
5. Raise oven... - 36.1519
1) In a pot of salted boiling water, boil the turnips till they become soft.
2) Drain the turnips. Add them back into the pot along with butter.
3) Mash the turnips using a potato masher.
4) In a non-stick skillet, cook the bacon till crisp.
5) Remove... - 36.1004
Turnip Recipes By Category