- » Turnip
Turnips are smooth skinned root vegetables belonging to the cabbage family, with a crunchy feel and slightly bitter taste. This bulbous vegetable at one time was not considered ideal for human consumption. However, ... More »
Glazed Turnips With Agave And Rosemary
Think you don't like turnips? Think again! Chef Lisa converted quite a few turnip haters with this recipe. Watch how simple it is to make this delicious dish. This cooking demonstration was at the Newark Natural Foods Farmers Market in Newark, DE. - 110.719
Cajun Style Turnip Greens
No Cajun meal could be complete without turnip greens that make a staple part of Southern Cajun food. Beryl Stokes shares with her viewers a simple turnip green recipe a la Cajun style that is supercharged with both health and taste. A healthy, tasty way to... - 103.27
A rutabagas is a vegetable which is a cross between a cabbage and a turnip. Chef David explains how to get this vegetable cooked to make it a nice side dish! See the video for more! - 100.197
Terrific Mashed Turnip
1. Peel turnip and cut it into 1-inch pieces.
2. In a large saucepan, add water and salt.
3. Drop turnip pieces, and cook on medium high heat for about 30-40 minutes or until fork tender.
4. Drain, and put turnip pieces back into the... - 97.7436
Middle Eastern Pickled Turnips
Why not make some Middle Eastern style pickled turnips at home. Here is an amazing video that shows you how this dish can be made easily and briefs you about the health benefits of turnips and beets. Try out these pickled turnips that are only nutritious,... - 90.0109
Steamed Turnip Stuffed With Ground Meat
1. In a small bowl, mix together ground meats, ginger, and all the seasoning ingredients, and stir well to mix.
2. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
3. Cut the turnip into 8 slices, about 1 centimetre thick.
4. Using a round mould... - 77.9672
These Turnip Patties are surely going to woo you to a fabulous meal ! Just eat them hot with a savory dip in the beginning of a course to experience what I mean ! So what do you think about these crisp brown Turnip Patties ? - 49.2144
1) Wash the turnips and pare them.
2) Cut each of them into quarters.
4) In a small saucepan, put 1 inch boiling water, place the turnips combined with salt and onion.
5) Cover the saucepan and cook turnips for 25 to 30 minutes, or until... - 45.5554
1) Peel turnips and quarter them.
2) Preheat oven moderate to 15 minutes.
3) In a saucepan heat water and steam turnips and onion for 10 minutes.
4) Put into a large bowl.
5) In a 1-quart saucepan, whisk the flour with about 2... - 45.156
Buttery Grated Turnips
1) Using a medium grater, grate the turnips.
2) In a medium skillet, over low heat cook turnip in water for 15 minutes, until tender.
3) Then, to evaporate liquid, cook, uncovered, over very low heat, 5 minutes.
4) Remove the skillet... - 43.8586
Saute De Navets Lyonaise
1. Peel the turnips. Cut them in quarter and smoothen their edges.
2. In a pan og boiling salted water, cook the turnips for 5 minutes. Drain.
3. In a saute pan, melt some butter.
4. Add onions. Cover and cook them over low flame until... - 43.7781
Savory Stuffed Turnips
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Butter a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
3. To prepare the turnips wash and pare them and cut thin slice off root and stem ends.
4. In large saucepan cook turnips in 1 inch boiling, salted water for 20 to 25... - 43.7745
Relish-topped Turnip Greens
Combine green pepper, onion, garlic, and picante sauce in a small saucepan; stir well.
Bring to a boil.
Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add tomato, and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Remove from heat; cover and tefrigerare at... - 43.7188
1) Preheat the oven to 450°.
2) Use a 9-inch glass pie plate to brush the bottom and sides generously with some of the melted butter. Place aside.
3) In a small bowl, whisk the bacon drippings and rest of the melted butter.
4) In another... - 43.5385
Mallard With Turnips And Kumquats
Cut the tails off the ducks to remove the preen gland and pull out any remaining stubs of feather or down.
Rub the skins with the garlic.
Slice the peppers into half from top to bottom and then cut across into even straight strips.
Blanch them in boiling... - 43.3827
Try this alluring Turnip Gratin recipe. An easily prepared recipe, this Turnip Gratin is a dish which you will always love to serve to your friends. - 43.2077
Stir Fried Greens With Turnips
1) Trim and shred the spring greens, discard the central stalk and place in salted boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, keep under cold running water and dry with the absorbent kitchen paper.
2) In a small frying pan, saute the turnips in 1/2 of the oil... - 43.0029
Shalgam Ka Bharta
1)In a pan, heat ghee and sauté next 4 ingredients for about 2 minutes until the onion is golden.
2)Add tomatoes, turnips, salt and chilies and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
3)Turn off heat and add garam masala and green coriander.... - 42.7022
Fluffy Rutabaga Bake
1) Peel the rutabagas and cut them in big chunks.
2) Cook for few minutes and drain them.
3) Mash the rutabagas.
4) Take the vegetable puree in a mixer bowl and put salt, flour, cinnamon and pepper. beat them again.
5) Add eggs and... - 42.2117
Ella's Creamy Rutabagas
Peel the rutabaga and cut into 1 inch cubes.
Cook in boiling water in a large saucepan for 10 to 12 minutes or just until tender; drain.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the rutabaga and sugar.
Cook for 10 minutes, stirring... - 41.8116
1. With a sharp knife, peel the skin of the turnips.
2. Cut off an a slice from the bottoms so that they can sit when placed in a dish.
3. In a bowl, add the egg, ham, cheese, and pepper and stir to mix. Keep aside.
4. Take a... - 41.7894
1. Take a 1 ½ quart casserole; add water, rutabaga and 1/8 tsp salt, cover.
2. Microwave at HIGH for about 7-11 minutes until the rutabaga turns soft. Stir once during the cooking time. Keep aside.
3. Take a small dish; add butter and apples and... - 41.1331
1) Grease the 6 custard cups of 6-ounce with butter.
2) In a medium-size bowl, combine all the ingredeints and mix well.
3) In the custard cups, spoon the mixture.
4) In moderate oven at temperature 350°, bake the cups for 30 minutes or... - 41.0443
Rutabaga Au Gratin
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
1) In a small saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter. Stir in the flour and whisk constantly so no lumps remain.
2) Slowly, pour in the milk. Turn down the flame and continue stirring till you get a smooth and thick... - 40.9961
Poached Turnip Tops
1 Trim the turnip tops, removing the larger stalks and ribs.
2 If you are using sprouting broccoli, cut the larger pieces in half.
3 Wash well.
4 Peel the onion and cut lengthwise in half.
5 Slice both halves as thinly as... - 40.6622
Duckling With Turnips
Preheat oven to 425F.
Sprinkle duckling inside and out with salt.
Tie ends of legs together.
Prick skin all over with fork.
Place, breast side up on a rack in shallow roasting pan.
Roast, uncovered, 45 minutes, or until nicely browned.
Meanwhile, in 1... - 40.1289
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Take a bowl and add mashed turnips, savory, egg, 2 tbsp of butter, salt and pepper and stir well.
3. Spoon the mixture into the buttered baking dish.
4. Take a saucepan and add 3 tbsp of butter, and... - 40.0598
Turnips, Lucerne Style
Cut the turnips into julienne strips.
Wash and drain.
Cook them in about 3/4 of an inch of boiling salted water until barely tender.
In a frying pan, cook the bacon until it is limp.
Add the onion and cook, stirring constantly, until soft and... - 39.9252
Turnip Greens With Turnips
1. Wash the turnip well and drain excess water.
2. Tear them into bite size pieces.
3. In a Dutch oven add bacon and greens. Add water and cover. Boil.
4. Reduce heat when boiling and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Stir sugar, salt and... - 39.7938
Peel and cut turnips into julienne strips and put into bowl of cold water.
Combine mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice in bowl.
Thin to desired consistency with cream.
Season to taste.
Drain and dry turnip strips.
Gently mix turnips and lentils... - 39.6207
Peel and cube rutabaga.
In saucepan, cover rutabaga with cold water and bring to boil; cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix together 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the sugar and cinnamon.
Peel and slice apples very thinly;... - 39.4979
The Rutabaga Supreme is a tasty vegetarian dish. I served the Rutabaga Supreme recipe last month for an official party at home and I still get calls for the recipe. Don't miss this Turnips In Tomato Sauce recipe. - 39.3421
In slow-cooking pot, combine turnips, potatoes, onion and 1 tsp.salt.
Cover with water.
Cover pot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Mash; add cream, butter, 1/2 tsp.salt and pepper.
Beat until fluffy.
Makes 6... - 39.288
Backbone And Turnips In A Bag
Shake up flour in bag.
Salt and pepper backbone and put into bag.
Put turnips, parsley, onions, bell pepper, celery, and garlic in bag.
Mix Lea & Perrins, soy sauce, Kitchen Bouquet, wine, bitters, and water and pour in bag.
Salt to taste.
Seal bag and punch... - 39.2644
Heat the butter in a heavy saucepan.
Cook the onion in it until soft.
Stir in the curry powder.
Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 or 3 minutes.
Stir in 1/2 cup of the consomme.
Add the turnips.
Cook covered over very low heat for about 10 or 15 minutes or... - 39.0659
Spicy Turnips has a fine taste. Spicy Turnips gets its taste from turnips mixed with yoghurt and garam masala. Spicy Turnips is loved by many food lovers. - 38.9281
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the garlic on the bottom of a gratin dish.
Layer with about half the turnip slices.
Sprinkle with half the fines herbes and a dash of salt and pepper.
Scatter a second teaspoon of garlic over the... - 38.7946
Cook until: tender; mash.
Mix in butter and 1 tablespoon crumbs.
Add milk gradually.
Add all remaining ingredients except nutmeg.
Pour into well-greased mold or casserole; sprinkle remaining crumbs and nutmeg on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for... - 38.7344
Turnips A La Francaise
Pan cook and mash the turnip, add the egg, the 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of butter, the savory, salt and pepper to taste.
Beat together until well blended.
Place in a buttered baking dish in a mound.
Make a white sauce with the 3 tablespoons (50 mL) butter, flour... - 38.6468
Savory Mashed Turnip
Peel the turnip and cut into thin slices.
Add to the potatoes.
Pour the consomme or the water on top.
Add the sugar, pepper and savory.
Stir to mix.
Microwave at HIGH 12 to 14 minutes.
Stir after 10 minutes and check the tenderness of the... - 38.4463
Cook the rutabagas in 1 inch of boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until very tender.
Drain and put through a ricer.
Return to the saucepan.
Over low heat, stir in the butter, beginning with 4 tablespoons.
Stir in the consomme and season with salt, pepper... - 38.4011
Wash the turnips, peel them, but do not cut off the base.
Cook the turnips in boiling water until tender but still firm.
Cut a lid off each one and scoop out the center, leaving the outer part as a cup.
Reserve the pulp.
Melt the butter in a frying pan and... - 38.2785
1. In a saucepan, cover the rutabaga with water and add salt.
2. Cover pan with a lid and place on a medium low flame.
3. Simmer rutabaga for 20-30 minutes until tender.
4. Drain in a colander and return to the pan.
5. Season with pepper and add butter... - 38.1249
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F before baking.
2) In a 1-quart saucepan, cover rutabaga and salt with enough water and allow it to come to a boil.
3) Simmer it for 20 to 25 minutes until tender and drain well.
4) Process the rutabaga in a... - 38.0851
Stir flour and brown sugar into bacon fat.
Gradually stir in milk and cook, stirring, over low heat until thickened and smooth.
Remove from heat.
Gradually stir hot sauce into egg yolks.
Add rutabaga and seasonings; stir in about one fourth of stiffly beaten... - 37.941
1. In a saucepan place the turnips. Add water to cover them. Boil.
2. Cook for 20 minutes till the turnips are tender, keeping the saucepan covered. Drain excess water.
3. Mix peas, carrots and turnips. Stir in pepper, salt and butter.
4. Cook over... - 37.673
Far Eastern Rutabagas
1. Clean and peel the rutabagas
2. Cut them into ½ inch chunks and wash well again
3. In a large 3-quart saucepan, tip in the cubes of rutabagas, cover them with cold water, and cook over medium neat until lender. This will take about 20 to 25... - 37.628
Spiced Baby Turnips
Peel and rinse the turnips, slice into 1/4 inch (6 mm) slices and each slice into four.
Put the turnips in a casserole and add 1/3 cup (4 1/2 table spoons) of water, the butter, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
Add the... - 37.4828
1) In a bowl, combine the grated turnips and onions together.
2) In another bowl, mix the salt, vinegar, prepared horseradish, sugar and cayenne pepper together.
3) Pour over the vegetable mixture; blend thoroughly.
4) Refrigerate the 5 1/2 cups... - 37.4316
Slice the turnip into thin slices.
Place in a microwave-safe dish with all the ingredients, except the salt and pepper.
Stir well, cover.
Microwave at HIGH 10 to 14 minutes, depending on the size of the turnip.
Stir twice during the cooking period, and check... - 37.3434
1) Peel off outer skin of turnips.
2) Make thin slice off the bottoms to allow it to sit flat.
3) In an 8x8x2-inch baking dish arrange the turnips.
4) Add water.
5) Cover with vented plastic wrap.
6) Cook on 100% power (high) for 14 to... - 36.9772
Mary Joe’s Turnip Greens
1. Take a 3-quart saucepan and place rinsed salt pork in it.
2. Add water and bring the mixture to boil.
3. Reduce heat and cook, without covering, on medium heat for about 45 to 60 minutes or till water is decreased to 1 cup.
4. Discard the stems and... - 36.954
Peel rutabagas and turnips; cut into small cubes.
Cook bacon in heavy skillet until crisp; remove from pan.
Add onion to bacon fat in skillet; cook until tender.
Add water, salt, and pepper; bring to boil.
Combine rutabagas, turnips, and... - 36.7008
Peel turnips and blanch by parboiling in salt water for about 10 minutes.
Rinse and return to a saucepan with enough rich, seasoned chicken broth or consomme to cover; add sugar and cook until turnips are tender.
When tender, stir in butter.
Just before... - 36.5082
My Special Mashed Turnip
1. Peel the turnips and strip them thinly.
2. Add the turnip strips into a saucepan and cover them with lots of boiling water.
3. Stir in MSG and sugar and cook for about 8-9 minutes over high flame.
4. Drain the cooked turnips by... - 36.5075
1. Peel and dice turnips.
2. Cook, cutting steaming time by 5 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 350°F.
4. Place drained turnips in a buttered baking dish.
5. Combine butter, honey, water, nutmeg and salt in a small saucepan. Heat until butter melts.
6. Pour combined... - 36.1947
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Arrange turnips in a shallow casserole.
3. Drizzle lard, drippings, or oil.
4. Bake turnips in the preheated oven for 50 minutes, turning occasionally so that they brown evenly.
5. Raise oven... - 36.0077
Peel the turnip.
Cut it into 1 inch slices.
Drop into a pan of boiling salted water.
When tender, drain very thoroughly and return the pot to the heat to allow the turnips to dry off.
Mash to a fine pulp.
Add the dry mashed potatoes, the butter, and plenty of... - 35.9891
Pare and slice turnips; cook in saucepan in small amount of salted water for 30 minutes or until ten- der.
Drain; reserve 1/3 cup liquid.
Combine butter and flour in saucepan; add onion, reserved liquid and cream gradually.
Simmer, stirring... - 35.984
1) In a pot of salted boiling water, boil the turnips till they become soft.
2) Drain the turnips. Add them back into the pot along with butter.
3) Mash the turnips using a potato masher.
4) In a non-stick skillet, cook the bacon till crisp.
5) Remove... - 35.6176
1) In a skillet, heat oil or lard and sautÃ© the turnips for 1 minute. Stirring continuously.
2) Add salt and water, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the scallions, soy sauce and pepper.
4) Cook for 3 minutes.
5) Serve as an... - 35.5991
Cut a 1-pound (500 g) turnip in half, a 2-pound (1 kg) turnip in four sections.
Peel each one as for Turnips Nature If you wish to use parsley and butter, place the parsley on a piece of plastic wrap.
Place turnip on top.
Spread the soft butter on the cut... - 35.3903
Cook rutabaga and potatoes together, covered, until very tender; drain.
Dry by shaking pan over low to medium heat, with cover off, until moisture evaporates.
Mash vegetables well and combine with eggs, salt, pepper, sugar, and nutmeg.
Put in a greased... - 35.1741
This delicious Braised Turnips recipe is simple and easy to follow. The flavor and texture of the dish very tempting. Serve the Braised Turnips with warm rice for a simple lunch at home. - 35.1402
Peel and thinly slice the turnips.
Steam until almost tender.
Put in layers in a 1 1/2-quart ovenproof casserole.
Make a very thin cream sauce: Melt butter, stir in flour, slowly add the half and half.
Cook until slightly thickened.
Sprinkle the jack cheese... - 35.1318
Turnip Greens With Turnips
Wash greens thoroughly; drain.
Tear into bite size pieces.
Cook bacon in a Dutch oven until browned.
Drain bacon, and set aside; reserve drippings in Dutch oven.
Add greens and water.
Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Stir in turnips, sugar, and salt.
Cover and... - 35.0686
Wash and peel turnips and beets.
Cut turnips as though to make 1/4-inch slices but leave attached at one end of each turnip.
Soak in water overnight.
Wash, and place in jar or jars with all other ingredients for at least 3 days.
These lightly pickled... - 34.8333
Put cubed turnips in saucepan and add salt.
Cover with boiling water and cook, covered, until turnips are tender, about 15 minutes.
Drain very well.
Add butter to drained turnips and sprinkle in brown sugar.
Set over moderate heat and cook, stirring gently... - 34.7236
Turnip Cups With Miso Sauce
1. Trim all but 3/4 inch (2 cm) of stem from each turnip. Peel. Trim a small piece from bottom of each turnip so that it will stand upright. Cut off the top of each turnip 1/2 inch (1 1/2 cm) below the stem. This will be the decorative cap.
2. Lightly wipe... - 34.6932
1) Remove the peel of the turnips, leaving behind 1 to 2 inches of the green tops attached.
2) In a small saucepan,combine the turnips with butter and sugar.
3) Now add required water to just cover the turnip mixture and cook for 6 to... - 34.365
Pare and cube turnips.
Cook with consomme over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender.
Mash in same liquid until fluffy.
Add remaining ingredients.
Reheat and serve with meat dish.
Makes 6 servings. - 34.212
"Mix brown sugar, cheese, salt and pepper; set aside.
Quarter rutabaga; slice sections into 1/4-inch slices.
Place slices into greased deep casserole in layers, sprinkling each layer with cheese mixture.
Pour beef consomme over top.
Bake at 350 degrees... - 34.2019
Mix turnip with butter to distribute.
In small bowl, toss apple, first amount of brown sugar and cinnamon together.
Put layers of this with turnip in casserole beginning and ending with turnip.
Crumble flour, second amount of brown sugar and butter... - 34.1927
Herbed Turnip Greens
Wash salt pork and cut into 4 pieces.
Place in a large saucepan with water.
Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until pork is almost done.
Wash greens thoroughly and cut off coarse stems.
Add to pork along with salt, sugar, marjoram, and pepper.
Cover and cook... - 34.0926
Fry onion in butter or margarine.
Add to rutabagas along with salt, pepper, parsley, egg and 1/3 cup of the bread crumbs.
Mix well and shape into 3-inch patties, 1/2 inch thick.
Roll in remaining bread crumbs.
Brown on both sides in hot shortening. - 34.0505
1) Preheat oven moderately hot 350°
2) In a casserole spray vegetable coating.
3) Spread rutabagas and sprinkle salt and water.
4) Cover casserole and bake in oven about 1 hour till rutabagas are tender.
5) Serve warm or cold. - 33.9084
Hashed Brown Rutabaga
1. In a large skillet, melt butter over a medium flame.
2. Add rutabaga, potatoes, and onion, to the butter and sauté lightly.
3. Spread and lightly press with the back of the spoon or spatula to make a pancake.
4. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the... - 33.586
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
2) Take a shallow earthenware casserole dish and butter it.
3) Line the turnip slices inside the casserole and dot with butter.
4) Over the turnips, evenly pour the hot cream. Season with thyme, salt and... - 33.5357
1) Peel the rutabaga thickly, wash and cut into 1 inch chunks.
2) Into a saucepan of lightly salted cold water put the rutabaga and bring to a boil.
3) Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes till tender.
4) Drain thoroughly,... - 33.4583
Stove Top Scalloped Turnips
Bring water and milk to boil; add salt, turnips, carrots, onion, celery and pepper.
Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until tender; do not drain.
Add butter, cheese, and cracker crumbs.
Heat, covered, until cheese is melted. - 33.3137
"Cook turnips in salted water until just tender; drain.
Scoop out centers; reserve 2 tablespoons pulp.
Mash reserved pulp.
Mix beef, catsup, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, onion, reserved pulp, salt and pepper.
Spoon filling into turnip cups.
Cover with... - 33.3055
Blanch turnips in boiling salted water to cover 5 minutes; drain.
Pat dry with paper towels.
Saute in hot oil 3 minutes to brown lightly.
Pour in bouillon barely to cover.
Add butter and sugar;cover.
Boil slowly 20 to 30 minutes, until turnips are just... - 33.2194
Turnip Greens And Other Greens
Wash greens several times, picking out yellow leaves and breaking off tough stems.
Place in a large pan or colander, pour over boiling water, drain.
In a deep vessel put the meat and red peppers; toss in greens and pour in enough boiling water to cover.
Put... - 33.1646
1. In a pot cook the swedes on a low heat covered with salted water until tender (approximately half an hour).
2. Remove; mix with the margarine and season as per your taste.
3. Serve hot a side dish.
It can be a good dish for Sunday... - 32.9601
This Turnip Coulis is a desire ! Try this turnip sauce with irresistible onion, garlic, parsley and pepper seasonings. Your suggestions for this Turnip Coulis are welcome. - 32.8613
€¢ Peel the turnip as for Turnips Nature and slice thinly. Place in a microwave-safe dish with the sugar and water. Cover. Microwave at HIGH 12 to 14 minutes. Stir after 10 minutes and check the done-ness. When cooked, drain.
€¢ Add the remaining... - 32.5891
Easy Pickled Turnips
Peel turnips and cut crosswise in thin slices not more than 1/4 inch thick.
Mix with salt and let stand 1 hour.
Drain and rinse thoroughly with water.
Bring remaining ingredients to boil.
Add turnips and simmer 2 minutes.
Cool. - 32.4879
Fried Turnip Crisps
In a deep skillet, pour oil to a depth of about 1 inch and heat until hot but not smoking.
Pat the turnip slices dry on paper towels and add them in small bunches, so that the oil remains hot.
Continue cooking, stirring frequently, so that all the crisps cook... - 32.2394
Combine rutabaga, water, and salt in a saucepan.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until very tender.
Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add rutabaga, milk, brown sugar, and butter.
Top with cover, and process... - 32.1408
1. Start oven, set at 375° F., Moderate. Rub a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with butter or margarine.
2. Drain the turnips and slice them.
3. Arrange a layer of them in the bottom of the baking dish, sprinkle lightly with some of the salt and mace, then with a... - 32.1275
Turnips Sauteed With Greens
In a large saucepan fry the garlic in the olive oil until brown, then discard.
Add the sliced turnips and sprinkle with salt and the grated lemon zest.
Saute for 5 minutes.
Add the chopped greens and sprinkle with pepper and the lemon juice.
Cover and steam... - 32.0023
Soy Braised Turnips
Peel and grate the turnips on a coarse grater.
Heat the lard or oil in a skillet; saute the turnips for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add the salt and water; cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes.
Stir in the scallions, soy sauce, and pepper.
Cook for 3... - 31.9961
Boiled Collard Or Turnip Greens
Put ham hock or ham bone in water to boil in a heavy 4 quart pot; boil about 30 minutes.
Add greens to pot with salt, sugar and bacon drippings; boil 45 minutes.
Remove bones and excess liquid.
Cut up greens into bite size pieces. - 31.9857
1) Cut rutabagas in dices, and steam for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
2) Drain rutababs and add butter and enough milk to make a smooth consistency.
3) Mash like potatoes.
4) Sprinkle nutmeg or mint on top of mashed... - 31.8232
Place turnips in a saucepan; cover with water.
Add salt, and bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until turnips are tender.
Drain and set aside.
Fry bacon in a large skillet until crisp.
Combine sugar, flour, and vinegar,... - 31.7377
Country Style Turnip Greens
Country Style Turnip Greens is easy to make recipe. Country Style Turnip Greens gets its taste from turnip mixed with meat and garnished with salt or pepper. Country Style Turnip Greens is inspired by many food chains worldwide. - 31.7296
Ragout Of Turnips
Ragout Of Turnips is a simple and delicious side dish recipe which cannot just escape your guest's attention in any party. Why don€™t you give it a try and let me know the experience. - 31.6064
Pigs' Tails And Turnips
Melt the lard in a pot.
Wash and cut up the pigs' tails and drop them in the hot fat.
Let them brown, then take them out and set aside.
Brown the onions and garlic in the fat, stir in the flour until it is brown, put the pigs' tails back in the pot with 2... - 31.5432
Peel rutabagas; cut into small pieces.
Place in saucepan.
Add Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, sugar, salt and hot sauce.
Cover with water; bring to a boil.
Cook until tender.
Add butter; mash with fork. - 31.3083
Season the beef with salt and pepper, then shape into small balls.
Brown in small amount of fat, then place in a 2-quart casserole.
Add flour to the pan drippings, stirring to blend, then add milk, stirring until thickened and smooth.
Season with salt and... - 30.9283
Turnip Recipes By Category