- » Turkish Rice
Turkish Rice Recipes
Enjoy our collection of turkish rice recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for turkish rice recipes.
Turkish Rice Stuffed Vegetables
The rice must be prepared in a special way.
Pour boiling water over it in a bowl and leave undisturbed until cold.
Rinse very well and drain.
Cook the onion in the olive oil until soft and golden brown, then add the pine-nuts (if used) and rice and gently... - 49.0228
Lalli's Turkish Pilaf Tomatoes
1. Cut a small slice from the tops of the tomatoes.
2. With the help of a teaspoon, scoop out the pulp; leave the 1/2-inch-thick wall.
3. Chop the pulp coarsely and reserve ½ cup.
4. Discard seeds; as much as possible.
5. Season inside tomato... - 47.988
Turkish Tomatoes And Rice
In a skillet heat olive oil over low heat.
Saute for 5 to 6 minutes.
In a saucepan arrange tomato halves in a single layer.
Layer sauteed onions and rice over tomatoes.
Sprinkle with sugar, cumin, salt and pepper.
Add water and lemon juice;... - 44.9832
1) In a thick pan or iron casserole, gently saute the dry rice in the fat and oil until pale yellow.
2) Stir in the onions and garlic, saute for further 2-3 minutes .
3) Stir in the saffron, ginger, coconut, apricots, raisins and almonds, simmer... - 42.456
Turkish Lamb Stew Saffron Rice
Soak prunes overnight, drain, remove stones and set aside.
Cut 4 lb. lamb into 3-inch cubes, dredge in a mixture of 3 tablespoons flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Melt 2 oz. butter in an iron saut6 pan or saucepan and fry 3 coarsely chopped... - 42.1168
Brown rice in butter in medium saucepan.
Add remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 15 to 17 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove bay leaf before serving. - 36.2606
€¢ Melt the butter or heat the oil 2 minutes at HIGH in a 6-cup (1.5 L) microwave-safe dish.
€¢ Add the onion, stir well. Microwave 2 minutes at HIGH.
€¢ Add the rice. Stir until well coated with the onion butter.
€¢ Microwave 3 minutes at HIGH,... - 36.1649
Turkish Carrot Pilaf
1) In a saucepan place together, rice, carrots, pepper, cumin and chicken stock.
2) Heat the rice mixture to a boil.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for about 17 minutes, until rice is tender but firm and dry
4) Stir in pine nuts and serve hot. - 35.6106
Fry lightly, the clove garlic, cut in two, in the butter.
Remove the garlic, and brown the washed drained rice in the butter.
Do not let it get dark and see that all grains have absorbed some of the butter.
Put this rice into a saucepan and add canned soup to... - 34.169
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F.
2. Saute the garlic in the oil 3 minutes. Add the nuts and heat 1 minute only.
3. Remove from the heat, add the salt, pepper and rice. Stir to mix thoroughly, then add the broth or bouillon. Pour into a casserole, and... - 31.6823
Turkish Rice Recipes By Category