- » Turkish
Enjoy our collection of turkish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for turkish recipes.
Chef's Special Turkish Coffee Delight
Looking for a beverage that can warm you up on a cold rainy day or chilly chilly winter night? Try the Chef's Special Turkish Coffee Delight. This beverage is a must try for all the coffee lovers. Watch how easy it is to make this soothing and warming cup of... - 114.412
Homemade Turkish Delight Rocky Road
A chocolate treat that needs no baking! Chocolate, Turkish delight, marshmallows and nuts all in one bite, can surely satisfy the sweetest of the sweet-tooth! No one is ever going to complain about having one of these in their lunchbox and this is a great... - 110.096
Turkish Coffee With Cardamom
Nothing smells better than coffee. This video prepares coffee with a special touch of cardamom. It uses special Mediterranean coffee with a rich flavor. The inclusion of cardamom pods makes it ultra refreshing. It is an absolute stress buster. - 92.3822
Bagel pastrami is another bagel delicacy, which can be served in your breakfast. Collect the ingredients and enjoy a fabulous breakfast on the weekend. Watch the video and prepare by yourself. - 87.4669
Smoked Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Pastrami And Smoked Cheese
Who doesn't like to be pampered with a satisfying holiday feast? Watch this impressive video that presents a unique style of making chicken breasts more appealing. The chicken breasts here are stuffed with a gorgeous pastrami and smoked gouda stuffing and... - 86.3801
Cannellini Bean Salad
Cook up this particularly easy salad! Chef Marshall learnt this from his mother in law and shares with his users! See the video on making this super fast salad! - 71.1825
Hosting a BBQ? Here's a great recipe suggestion that you could try. Watch this video to learn an easy to make grilled kabobs recipe. This one is sure to fetch you some compliments. - 61.4237
Berra's Turkish Leeks
1. In a large bowl, pour vinegar and fill it with cold water.
2. Chop off the root end and the greens from the leeks.
3. Diagonally slice leeks into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
4. Add the sliced leeks in vinegar water.
5. Let it soak for 30 minutes.... - 51.9898
Turkish Mussel Salad
1. Place the mussels under cold running water and scrub to clean.
2. Snip off the beards.
3. In a large heavy pot, add water and boil mussels in covered pot for 6-8 minutes until the mussels open; shake pan once or twice.
4. Discard any mussels that... - 50.7695
Turkish Wheat Salad
1. In a bowl mix gomasio and bulgar wheat.
2. In a saucepan boil 300 ml water. Mix the gomasio and bulgar with boiling water. Allow it to stand for 20 minutes.
3. Chop dried apricots to make tiny slivers.
4. Combine seeds, parsley and apricots with the... - 50.2655
Eggplant Turkish Style
Eggplant Turkish Style is a great tasting recipe of Turkish origin. Eggplant Turkish Style makes a great main dish and can be prepared easily at home. Try this amazing Eggplant Turkish style recipe for your friends and family and get loads of compliments. - 49.3009
Turkish Stuffed Peppers
Turkish Stuffed Peppers is a delicious yet easy to make recipe.
The blend of flavors in this dish is really mouthwatering. I often prepare these Turkish Stuffed Peppers at home and my family just loves them.Don't give this recipe a miss and share your... - 49.0482
Turkish Rice Stuffed Vegetables
The rice must be prepared in a special way.
Pour boiling water over it in a bowl and leave undisturbed until cold.
Rinse very well and drain.
Cook the onion in the olive oil until soft and golden brown, then add the pine-nuts (if used) and rice and gently... - 49.0228
Turkish Potato Salad
Here's an amazing Turkish Potato Salad recipe which is absolutely delicious. You can serve Turkish Potato Salad as a yummy Appetizer or a light side dish. Try this Turkish Potato Salad once, your loyalty to it forever is guaranteed! - 48.3806
1) In a small bowl, mix together tomatoes, feta, pastrami, onion, and 2 tablespoons of parsley and keep aside.
2) Take a bowl and beat together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in it.
3) In a large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, melt 2 teaspoons... - 48.3577
Lalli's Turkish Pilaf Tomatoes
1. Cut a small slice from the tops of the tomatoes.
2. With the help of a teaspoon, scoop out the pulp; leave the 1/2-inch-thick wall.
3. Chop the pulp coarsely and reserve ½ cup.
4. Discard seeds; as much as possible.
5. Season inside tomato... - 47.988
Turkish Vegetable Kebabs With Spicy Garbanzo Bean Sauce
1. In a small heavy skillet, heat the olive oil
2. Add the garlic and onion and sautÃ© for about 5 minutes until limp and golden brown.
3. Take pan off the heat and let cool slightly.
4. To prepare the sauce, in a food processor or liquidizer jar,... - 47.1254
Turkish Eggplant Dip
Turkish Eggplant Dip is a simple and tasty recipe which can be easily tried at home. Turkish Eggplant Dip has a distinct flavor of olive oil which makes this dip completely irresistible.Try this easy Turkish Eggplant Dip recipe at home. - 47.1213
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a non-stick skillet, heat the oil over low heat.
3) Add the peppers and cook, stirring, until softened, for 8 to 10 minutes.
4) Add the pastrami and shallots and cook for 5 minutes.
5) Stir in the... - 46.9681
Turkish Nut Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Grease and flour a baking pan.
3) In a bowl, mix butter, flour and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
Knead together like shortbread dough.
4) Spread it out in the base of the baking pan.
5) In another bowl, beat... - 46.8615
Turkish Fruit Cake
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease a 9-1/4x5-1/4-inch (23x13-cm) loaf pan and sprinkle with fine breadcrumbs.
To make cake, cream butter, unflavored sugar, vanilla sugar and lemon peel in a large bowl until pale and fluffy.
Stir in eggs and Madeira.
Sift... - 46.8011
Turkish Eggplant Salad
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) With the tip of a knife, pierce each eggplant a few times.
3) Wrap each in aluminum foil.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for an hour, until tender.
5) Let the eggplants stand until cool enough to handle.... - 46.3259
Turkish Lamb Kebabs
1) In a mixing bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients.
2) Make 1-inch small squares from meat.
3) Dip the meat cubes into the marinade and keep aside to marinate inside refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours, by covering with a plastic wrap.... - 46.2385
Turkish Broiled Chicken
1) Cut the lemons into halves and squeeze out juice to measure about 1/2 cup.
2) Peel garlic. Mince about enough to measure 3 tablespoons.
3) Skin off onions, slice into quarters.
4) Wash chicken and dry on paper towels. Remove cartilage and... - 46.2145
Place water or broth in a large, heavy soup pot over medium heat.
Cook and stir until the onions are tender.
Add more liquid during this process if necessary.
Add zucchini, green peppers, and eggplant.
Cook and stir for 2 minutes, adding more... - 45.5943
1) Into a large bowl, add in the minced lamb. Add in finely chopped onions with a peeled and crushed garlic.
2) Add in 2 eggs, oil, parsley, coriander, salt and pepper. Beat well to get a stiff paste.
3) With wet hands shape the mixture into balls of 1... - 45.2386
Great Turkish Hamburgers
1) Preheat the broiler or grill with medium-hot coals.
2) In a large bowl, mix all the burger ingredients together.
3) Shape the meat mixture into 8 oval patties, about 3 inches long, 2 inches across, and about 1 inch thick.
4) Grill or... - 45.161
Turkish Mint Jelly Candies
1) Lightly grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
2) In a saucepan, mix together granulated sugar and 1/2 cup water.
3) Simmer until the sugar dissolves, for 3 to 4 minutes.
4) Place the candy thermometer in the pan.
5)... - 44.9939
Turkish Tomatoes And Rice
In a skillet heat olive oil over low heat.
Saute for 5 to 6 minutes.
In a saucepan arrange tomato halves in a single layer.
Layer sauteed onions and rice over tomatoes.
Sprinkle with sugar, cumin, salt and pepper.
Add water and lemon juice;... - 44.9832
Grated Carrot Turkish Style
Here's a Grated Carrot Turkish Style recipe that will make you beat the best chefs. This Grated Carrot Turkish Style is a perfect Side Dish and is really easy to make. This also happen to be my family's favorite. i strongly recommend that you try this recipe... - 44.437
Turkish Eggplant With Turkey
Place the bulgur in a colander and rinse under cold running water.
Drain and transfer it to a medium bowl.
Pour the boiling water over the bulgur, then let stand at room temperature while preparing the filling.
For the filling, cut the eggplant lengthwise in... - 44.045
Turkish Guinea Fowl
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit, 180 degree Celsius.
2. In a pan heat oil and brown the guinea fowl all over.
3. Take a large casserole put in the guinea fowl, put in some water, so it barely covers the bird and add sliced... - 44.0139
Turkish Coffee Cream
Moisten the coffee with a little water and put onto a muslin square with the cardamom pods and cinnamon stick, then tie securely with kitchen string to make a bag.
Put the cream into a heavy saucepan with the muslin bag and bring to the boil, then lower the... - 43.9596
Turkish Lamb And Eggplant Kebabs
Turkish Lamb And Eggplant Kebabs is a succulent and tender meat preparation that is perfect for your dinner parties or even an informal get together at home. I am sure you will get hooked to this Turkish Lamb And Eggplant Kebabs recipe. - 43.8581
Turkish carrots are fried carrots coated with butter. Prepared with a mix of yogurt, flour and eggs with lemon juice to flavor, the turkish carrots are best served hot and fresh as a side. - 43.8563
Pastrami Mushroom And Cucumber Salad
1. Add lasagnette to boiling salted water and cook until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again, and place in a large salad bowl. Add a little oil, stir, and allow the pasta to cool.
2. Add pastrami with tomato wedges, celery, mushrooms,... - 43.6452
Turkish Poached Mullet
1) Slice the potatoes into even-sized pieces.
2) In a casserole, heat the oil. Add in the chopped onions, potatoes, carrots and celery. Saute the vegetables for 5 minutes. Do not let them brown.
3) Next, add in the garlic, water, salt and pepper. Mix... - 43.5599
Turkish Spoon Salad
Put the diced tomatoes, pepper, chillies, cucumber and shallot on a large chopping board.
Use a very sharp, large knife to chop them all together.
You are aiming for well-integrated, even and fine dice.
Scrape into a large bowl and add the herbs, pepper... - 43.5436
1.In a pan, make a sauce of the stock, cream, flour, and butter
2.Now add the remaining ingredients and heat thoroughly
3.On slices of toast, place this mixture
4.Now brush with melted butter
5.Serve with a sauce of your choice
Garnish... - 43.2952
Turkish Stuffed Vine Leaves
Turkish Stuffed Vine Leaves tastes great. Turkish Stuffed Vine Leaves can be prepared easily. Turkish Stuffed Vine Leaves tastes better with olive oil - 43.0842
Turkish Slashed Eggplant
This Turkish Slashed Eggplant is simply irresistible and mouth-watering recipe. Try this easy to prepare Turkish Slashed Eggplant dish; I am sure you will love to share it with your loved ones. - 43.0775
Rahat El Halkum
Are you bored of the same old dessert you try every other day? This Rahat El Halkum, a Turkish Delight is incredibly tasty and has something that will for sure excite your taste buds. Try out this quick and simple recipe for Rahat El Halkum and excite your... - 43.0312
Turkish Pide Bread
This Turkish Pide Bread recipe is the favorite of my friend’s wife. Whenever I visit his house, she definitely serves Turkish Pide Bread. Really this dish is delicious. My friend says that he likes his wife due to this dish. So if you want to bring... - 43.0057
Orange Almond Turkish Delight
1. Take an 8 x 8 in cake pan and line the bottom and sides with waxed paper.
2. Use arrowroot flour to sprinkle the bottom.
3. Into a saucepan add the orange juice freshly squeezed from oranges followed by adding the almonds and honey.
4.... - 42.9538
Turkey Pastrami Pizza
In a medium mixing bowl stir together biscuit mix and caraway seed.
Add water and stir till moistened.
Pat the dough onto a greased 12-inch pizza pan.
In a small mixing bowl stir together the sauerkraut and salad dressing.
Arrange half of the cheese on the... - 42.9362
Peel and slice the oranges.
Peel the tomatoes.
Soak the raisins in warm water to cover.
Toast the bread and butter it.
Cut into small pieces and spread over the base of an ovenproof dish.
Mix together the milk, salt, pepper, eggs and grated onion.
Pour into... - 42.5825
1. Take a bowl and mix the flour, stock, cream, chicken, nuts and butter.
2. Blend into a sauce after adding the seasoning of salt, pepper, paprika and onion juice.
3. Take a pan and heat the sauce in it.
4. Place on toast slices.
5. Garnish... - 42.5604
Turkish Cucumber Salad Cacik
Slice cucumber quarters 1/8" thick and drain on paper toweling.
Beat dressing ingredients until creamy, add cucumbers, and toss well to mix.
Cover and chill several hours.
Toss again, serve in small bowls or, if you prefer, crisp lettuce cups. - 42.5366
1) In a thick pan or iron casserole, gently saute the dry rice in the fat and oil until pale yellow.
2) Stir in the onions and garlic, saute for further 2-3 minutes .
3) Stir in the saffron, ginger, coconut, apricots, raisins and almonds, simmer... - 42.456
Cheese Pastrami Dip
This Cheese Pastrami Dip is so very delicious ! An irresistible blend of pastrami, cream cheese, ripe olives and crackers, you'll not want to miss out on this at any cost ! Don't miss out on this Cheese Pastrami Dip and come back here to tell me all about it... - 42.3622
Soften the gelatin in the cold water.
Combine the sugar, salt and hot water in a saucepan; heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
Stir in the softened gelatin; turn the heat down and simmer, without stirring, for 20 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in... - 42.3595
Heat chicken stock and tomato juice in saucepan.
Set aside to cool.
Brown bulgur in butter in large saucepan.
Add tomato juice mixture.
Simmer, covered, over low heat for 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Stir in cinnamon, cloves, allspice, raisins,... - 41.9919
Turkish Fig Pastries
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, mix the walnuts, figs, honey, lemon zest and cinnamon together, keep aside.
3) Remove the phyllo pastry, place on a dish towel, then cover with a waxed paper and a slightly dampened dish... - 41.9252
Pastrami Salad Dijon
1. In 4 dinner plates place the spinach.
2. On top of spinach arrange cucumber, cabbage, meat and croutons.
3. To make the dressing, in a bowl stir together mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard and honey.
4. To make dressing of desired consistency optionally... - 41.8473
Put Iamb, egg, crumbs, cinnamon, mint and salt and pepper in bowl.
Blend together and shape into marble sized balls.
Heat oil in large skillet and brown lamb balls on all sides.
Remove from pan.
Add onion and saute until soft.
Add apple, chicken stock,... - 41.7704
Eggplant Turkish Style
Dice the tomatoes and drain them in a colander for 1 hour.
Discard the juice.
Choose long and narrow eggplants, if possible.
Cut off the stems and cut the plant in half, the long way.
Using a vegetable peeler, remove 3 long pieces of the peel, each about 1... - 41.7659
Turkish Liver Toasts
Cut the liver into strips and toss in the flour.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the liver quickly for 2 minutes, then remove from the pan.
Place the butter, salt, pepper, meat extract, raisins, Madeira and garlic in the pan, bring to the boil, stirring, and... - 41.7323
Turkish Stuffed Eggplant Imam Bayildi
1. Use a sharp tipped knife to score a criss-cross pattern on the cut side of eggplant halves
2. Rub salt on each and keep aside for 1 hour.
3. Squeeze out water then rinse eggplants under tap water.
4. Place between paper towel sheets and pat... - 41.5759
Turkish Yogurt Soup Using Non Fat Yogurt
No matter whether you are the slow cooker or a person who does not have much time, my Turkish Yogurt Soup will turn out to be filling and hearty as well. Try this Turkish Yogurt Soup and you will realize the magic of this new yogurt and chicken stock combo... - 41.5633
Turkish Kofte In Tomato Sauce
Pour cider over bread; leave for some minutes to soak.
Put meat in large bowl with onion, parsley, thyme, lemon rind, paprika, and salt.
Squeeze cider out of bread; put bread into meat mixture.
Beat mixture by hand; add eggs gradually.
Beating should take 7... - 41.3931
Turkish Vegetable Salad
In a saucepan, cook mushrooms in boiling water for 2 minutes.
Drain and cool.
In a large bowl, combine chick peas, olives, green onion, green and red peppers, and tomatoes.
Add cooked mushrooms and chill for 2 hours.
In a small bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise,... - 41.3431
Sprinkle the gelatine over the hot water and stir until it has dissolved completely.
Pour this into a saucepan, then add the sugar and citric acid.
Stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved completely.
Boil gently stirring occasionally for about 20... - 41.3407
Trim the ends of the beans.
Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic.
Skin and slice the tomatoes.
Deseed and dice the pepper.
Cook the beans in well seasoned water for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan, add the onions and garlic and cook... - 41.271
1. In a bowl, combine the first 8 ingredeints together and mix properly
2. Take the meat mixture and form it into sausages, 6 pieces and about 5 to 6 inches long
3.Take a skewer, and pierce a green pepper, a sausage and another green pepper
4.... - 41.2632
Bean Salad Turkish Style
In saucepan combine potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, and garlic.
Cook 3 minutes.
Add beans and water.
Cook until most of the water is evaporated and beans are hot.
Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Remove from heat.
Stir in oil if desired.
Serve on... - 41.2229
Turkish Zucchini Dolmas
Combine first 8 ingredients; mix well.
Cut both ends from zucchini; with apple corer, scoop out centers.
(Chop centers and reserve.) Fill zucchini loosely with meat mixture.
Heat tomato sauce in skillet; add zucchini, the chopped centers, and any leftover... - 41.0269
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) In a shallow baking dish, place the biscuits.
3) Over the biscuits, pour the melted butter.
3) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the remaining ingredients,... - 40.7039
Combine granulated sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan and bring to boiling, stirring constantly .
Cook for 30 seconds.
in another saucepan, combine 1/2 cup cornstarch with water.
Simmer mixture until thick.
Mix cornstarch into syrup and bring slowly to... - 40.4457
Fragrant Turkish Delight
Lightly oil a lamington tin.
Mix sugar, water and gelatine in a Pyrex jug.
Cook for 7 minutes on HIGH.
Cook a further 6-7 minutes on HIGH.
Mix together cream of tartar, cornflour and icing sugar.
Stir in sugar syrup.
Cook for 5-6 minutes... - 39.8676
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease several cookie sheets.
2. In large bowl of electric mixer, at medium speed, beat butter until light.Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy.At low speed, beat in flour until well... - 39.4704
Turkish Baked Sea Steaks
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a small, shallow baking pan, arrange the fish steaks in a single layer.
3) Place the broken bay leaves or mixed pickling spices under the fish steaks.
4) Drizzle over the white wine or lemon juice and... - 39.4013
Turkish Meat Fondue
Cut the meats into thin slices and place in separate bowls.
Fry the prepared onion, peppers and pickles in the butter until softened.
Add the remaining sauce ingredients, bring to the boil, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Pour into a small... - 38.9308
Arrange half the kadaife pastry in a greased 9x9X2 inch pan.
Combine walnuts, almonds, sugar, and cinnamon and sprinkle over the kadaife in the pan.
Pour half the melted butter over the nut mixture and top with remaining kadaife.
Pour hot milk and remaining... - 38.6903
Chicken And Basil Turkish Pizza
Pour sauce into medium pan.
Bring to boil; simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
Meanwhile, halve pide widthways; slice through each half horizontally.
Shred half of the basil.
Place pide pieces, cut-side up, on unoiled oven... - 38.6822
Hey there, this Turkish Stuffing recipe is sure to get you hooked to it! This Turkish Stuffing is never going to fail for your vegetables. Will you be able to suggest a recipe on par with this Turkish Stuffing recipe? I doubt. - 38.613
Turkish Pumpkin Dessert
Taste it to believe it that this Turkish Pumpkin Dessert is just out of this world. This is one of my most favorite desserts and instantly peps me up. Enjoy this dish with your kin and friends and get back to me with all that they have said. - 38.4882
Soften gelatine in cold water 5 minutes.
Bring sugar and hot water to boiling point.
Add salt and gelatine, and stir until gelatine has dissolved.
Simmer, covered, 20 minutes; remove from heat, and cool.
Add lemon juice, coloring, flavoring and, finally,... - 38.4435
Turkish Meatballs On Skewers
Cut peppers into 24 pieces about 1 to 1 1/2 inches square, removing any seeds.
Drop into boiling salted water and boil 1 minute.
Drain immediately; set aside In a large bowl, combine lamb, beef, crumbs, onion, parsley, eggs, mint, salt, and pepper.
Mix well... - 38.312
Combine the lamb, minced onion, egg yolks, saffron, cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Form the meat mixture into 6 "sausages," 5 to 6 inches long.
Skewer a green pepper square, a lamb "sausage" and another green pepper square.
Press... - 38.306
Turkish Salad Tray
Arrange on a tray in separate sections the cucumber, radishes, peppers, tomatoes, chicory, and onions.
Place feta in a small bowl alongside.
At serving time, drizzle salad with Oregano Dressing and serve on individual plates.
Scatter the cheese over... - 38.2789
This Turkish Yoghurt is an interesting recipe for those who enjoy a refreshing and sometimes nutritious slurp. This recipe for Turkish Yoghurt is bursting full of benefits and is utterly delicious that anyone with their lips on it will just love it! Try it... - 38.1562
1.Soften gelatin in cold water.
2.Combine sugar and hot water and heat to boiling.
3.Add gelatin and simmer 20'minutes.
4.Add citrus juice and rind and red or green coloring.
5.Strain into loaf pan.
6.The pan should be large enough so that mixture is... - 38.1326
Turkish Eggplant Salad
With a fork, pierce skin of eggplant.
Place eggplant in a rimmed pan.
Bake in a 400° oven for 1 hour or until very soft.
Split in half and scoop out pulp into a bowl.
Mash pulp with a fork.
Mix in oil, lemon juice, garlic, green pepper, yogurt, and... - 37.9626
Turkish Recipes By Category