- » Treacle Tart
Treacle Tart Recipes
Treacle tart or Light tart is a classic British dessert made by baking a thick filling of golden syrup, breadcrumbs and lemon juice in a shortcrust pastry base. Treacle is uncrystallized refined sugar syrup. Golden ... More »
Apricot Treacle Tart
1) Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas 5 before baking.
2) For the pastry, sift flour into a bowl and rub in margarine until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3) Keep the pastry in refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
4) Even out the pastry... - 45.3379
Lemony Treacle Tart
1. To make the pastry, combine the flour and salt in a bowl. Rub or cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
2. With a fork, stir in just enough water to bind the dough. Gather into a smooth ball, knead lightly for a few seconds until... - 42.1209
1) On a lightly-floured board roll out the prepared pastry to a circle slightly larger than a 7- or 8-inch (18- or 20-cm).
2) Line tart tin or flan ring set on a baking tray with the pastry and leave in a cool place while making the filling.
3)... - 38.7788
Mandarin Treacle Tart
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Take a 7 inch flan ring and place it on a baking sheet. On a lightly floured board roll out the pastry and line the flan ring with it.
3) In a medium bowl, mix breadcrumbs, syrup, lemon rind and juice... - 38.3175
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6.
2) Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out a 8 to 9 inch circle.
3) Roll out the dough trimmings and cut a 1 inch long strip long to go around the outside of a 8 to 9 inch... - 37.5678
Victorian Treacle Tart
Put the flour in a bowl, add the fats, cut up in small pieces, and rub in with the finger tips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Add sufficient cold water to mix to a firm dough.
Roll out the pastry and line a 9 inch (22.5 cm) deep flan tin or... - 35.0987
Gingered Treacle Tart
Make a short crust pastry, using 6 oz.
flour, 2 oz.
butter, 2 oz.
sugar and a pinch of salt, mixed to a soft dough with milk and water.
Roll out pastry to a round about 1/4" thick and use some of it to line a greased round tart tin.
Decorate the edges with a... - 33.1641
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. In a bowl mix the syrup, bread crumbs and peel together, pour into the prepared shell and bake the tart for 20 to 30 minutes such that the top turns rich golden brown all over.
3. Serve at room... - 32.4507
Grease the base, but not the lip, of an 8 inch ovenproof plate or shallow pie dish.
Roll the pastry out thinly into a circle.
Cut strips off the outside edge the same width as the lip of the plate.
Dampen the lip and press on the pastry strip; dampen the... - 31.5369
Heat the oven to 425 Â°F (Gas Mark 7 , 220Â°C).
Roll out the pastry to line a 7 or 8 inch oven proof plate and overlap the rim of the plate by half an inch.
Turn the overlapping pastry under to give a double thickness around the rim.
Pinch the edges... - 26.4631
Roll the pastry to fit a flan ring or pie plate.
Cover the bottom with syrup and add the breadcrumbs.
Leave to stand for 1/2 hour before baking.
Any remaining pastry may be cut in strips to make a lattice top. - 21.8747
Short Crust Treacle Tart
Slightly warm the syrup, flavour with a pinch of ginger or a little lemon juice, then stir in the breadcrumbs.
Line a 9-in fireproof plate with the pastry, trim and decorate the edge.
Spread over the syrup mixture, decorate with cross strips of pastry, and... - 20.4265
Treacle Tart Recipes By Category