- » Tossed Gourmet Salad
Tossed Gourmet Salad Recipes
Enjoy our collection of tossed gourmet salad recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for tossed gourmet salad recipes.
Cucumber Salad With Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Cucumber salad was never so delicious and appetizing. Check out this excellent video that shares an outstanding recipe for cucumber salad with pomegranate vinaigrette. The chef here presents the recipe in such an interesting way that it would definitely... - 151.825
Grilled Prawns And White Corn Summer Salad
Perfect for summertime grilling, chef Jeff creates a hearty and savory salad using prawns, Andouille sausage, white corn and yukon gold potatoes nuanced with a lively paprika vinaigrette. Learn how to cut 20 cherry tomatoes in half in 2 seconds using Jeff's... - 128.261
The Sexy Vegan's Massaged Kale Salad
1. Remove the Kale leaves from the stem and chop roughly.
2. Add 3/4 teaspoon salt, the juice of half a lemon, 1 teaspoon olive oil and massage the kale to get the bitterness out.
3. The bitter liquids of the kale would have come out so... - 113.032
Hearts Of Palm Beet And Endive Salad
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) Place the beets in aluminum foil and wrap, about 3 to a package.
3) Place the wrappings in the middle of the oven to bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, or until tender when pierced with a skewer or knife... - 50.8751
Salad Nicoise A La Middlefield
1) In a small mixing bowl,mix together vinaigrette ingredients and put aside until ready to use.
2) Steam the potatoes until just cooked through for about 15 to 20 minutes. Peel and slice them.
3)Toss the potato slices with scallions,... - 50.4502
German Gourmet Mixed Salad
1. To prepare artichoke hearts cook them in white wine and water until tender, drain and cut into 1/2 inch slices
2. In a bowl add French Dressing and marinate together the cut artichoke hearts, sliced mushrooms and vegetables for 30 minutes.
3. To... - 49.8638
Green Salad With Lemon And Fennel
1) With a vegetable peeler, bring out the lemon zest in long strips. Slice the zest in thin strips along the length. Store inside a plastic wrap to keep fresh and moist.
2) Trim off and discard the green stalks of the fennel. Remove the cores... - 49.7967
Salad Of Mixed Greens And Herbs With Oranges
1) With a sharp knife, peel off the skin of the oranges. Carefully remove all the bitter white pith.
2) Working over a bowl, separate the sections, by cutting in between the membranes.
3) In a small bowl, add shallots, mustard and vinegars to... - 49.7922
Russian Salad With Fresh Peaches
1) In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, scallions, parsley, salt and pepper to blend well. Place aside covered.
2) In a saucepan, pour in sufficient salted water to boil the carrots, green beans and peas one at a time,... - 49.5406
Beet And Chicory Salad
1) Preheat the oven to 450°.
2) Discard the leafy tops of the beets, if any, leaving 1- to 2-inch stems.
3) Wash beets in running water and shake off most of the water.
4) Tightly wrap with aluminum foil.
5) In a baking pan, place... - 49.4366
Sweet And Sour Spinach Salad
1) Cook the beets in water for 35-40 minutes until tender. Drain, allow to cool then peel and refrigerate.
2) In a food processor bowl with a shredding disc, process the beets until shredded remove from the bowl and set aside.
3) In the processor bowl... - 49.2691
Palterovich Creamy Apple Herring
1. First, drain the herring well and cut them into smaller pieces if required.
2. Clean the herring from all pickling spices.
3. Dice apple into irregular 1-inch pieces about 1/4 inch thick.
4. In a large bowl, pour the lemon juice.
5.... - 49.0639
Sasha's Apple Crab Cocktail
1. In a bowl, toss diced apples in lemon juice in a bowl to prevent discoloration.
2. Drain the apples and pat them dry with paper towels.
3. In another bowl, take crabmeat.
4. Add dry apple pieces to the crabmeat.
5. Add dill, chives, salt, and... - 48.8799
Lamb Salad Nicoise
1. Using a knife, dice tomato, cucumber and lamb.
2. Chop onions.
3. Cut olives into thin slices.
4. Using a grater, grate egg.
5. In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients except anchovy.
6. Place anchovy fillets on... - 48.8616
Port And Stilton Salad
1) In a medium skillet, add butter in oil and heat over moderate heat.
2) SautÃ© the garlic after the foam subsides for 2 minutes and then discard the garlic.
3) Add the walnuts to cook, by shaking the pan frequently, until toasted to a dark golden... - 48.8144
1. In a large salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients and toss.
2. In a small bowl make dressing by combining the ingredients for it.
3. Whisk with a fork until well blended.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well using two large salad... - 48.7091
Peach And Watercress Salad
1) In a small bowl, add ginger, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper to combine.
2) Gradually pour in olive oil and continue whisking until blended. Place aside.
3) Heat up a medium skillet, over moderate heat.
4) Add the bacon to cook... - 48.6772
Caesar Salad In Red Wine Vinegar
1) Preparation of the dressing : In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, mix together olive oil, vinegar, mustard, anchovies and salt and shake thoroughly.
Keep the dressing aside for later use.
2) For croutons : In a medium... - 48.5995
1) Snap stems from spinach and tear leaves into large bite-sized pieces.
2) Take a salad bowl,mix torn pieces of spinach with cheese and celery.
3) Make Vinaigrette dressing by mixing all the remaining ingredients in bottle and shake... - 48.5605
1. In a medium-size bowl, mix together vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper.
2. Gradually drizzle the oil with constant stirring and continue to mix until the mixture is slightly thick.
3. Add parsley and ginger; mix well.
4. Add the grated... - 48.5428
Avocado Pear And Walnut Salad
Scoop avocado from skin and blend with the juice of 1/2 lemon.
Season to taste.
Pile on a bed of lettuce on a serving dish.
Arrange tomato slices around the edge of the dish.
Soak pear slices in remaining lemon juice.
Drain and arrange around avocado.
Arrange... - 48.5001
1) Stud the onion with whole cloves or add the ground cloves to water alongwith the other ingredients.
2) In a large saucepan, add the clove-studded onion, lentils, bay leaf, 1/2 teaspoon salt and water together.
3) Allow to boil, then simmer covered... - 48.3894
Sour Potato Salad
1) Take a mixing bowl and add the potatoes, salt, pepper and onions to it, mixing them with a light hand before chilling.
2) Take another bowl and add the mayonnaise, mustard paste, vinegar, and yogurt.
3) Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
4) Cover the... - 48.3448
Healthy Vegetable Rice Salad
1.Ina pan cook rice by following the instructions given in the package.
2.Once done, refrigerate rice.
3.Season cucumber with salt and leave it for 30 minutes after covering.
4.Once done, wash the cucumbers well.
5.Take a medium sized... - 48.0181
Turkey Salad With Yogurt And Buttermilk Dressing
1. In a large saucepan, boil the potatoes for 20 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain, cool slightly and dice the unskinned potatoes into ¾ inch cubes.
3. Set aside, keeping warm.
4. In a small heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat,... - 47.8604
Potato Chicken Salad With Dill
1) In a large saucepan, boil the potatoes in water over a high heat, then simmer over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the potatoes are almost done.
2) In a salad bowl, mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, dill and scallions together then season with... - 47.8559
Tender Greens With Prosciutto Croutons And Walnut Oil Vinaigrette
1) In a small bowl, add vinegar, chicken stock and wine to whisk. Season with 1/8 teaspoon, each of salt and pepper. Gradually pour in remaining 1/4 cup walnut oil and continue whisking, until blended.
2) In a heavy medium skillet, add... - 47.8242
Green Beans Mimosa
1) Cut the green beans in half along the seam, in French-style.
2) In a vegetable steamer, steam the beans until almost tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
3) Rinse the beans under cold running water and drain. Set aside.
4) Cut the eggs in half along the... - 47.658
Mixed Leaf Salad With Roasted Walnuts And Roquefort
1) Preheat the oven to 275°.
2) In a baking sheet, spread the walnuts.
3) In a small bowl, add the vinegar, mustard and salt to combine. Gradually pour in olive oil and continue whisking until blended. Add parsley and season with pepper to... - 47.5273
Garnished Noodle Salad
1) In a bowl, blend the soy sauce, red wine vinegar, sesame oil and sugar together and keep aside.
2) In a large bowl, toss the freshly cooked noodles with oil, cover and keep aside until required.
3) Add the ginger, garlic, green onions and sesame... - 47.4767
1) Wash the spinach and pat them dry thoroughly.
2) Break the stems from the spinach and chill them.
3) Take mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix them well.
4) Add olive oil and beat the mixture.
5) Add lemon juice and pour this... - 47.4656
Avocado And Roquefort Salad
1) Use a small bowl to mix avocado with 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Toss well to coat ans place the bowl aside.
2) Remove the orange skin and membranes over the bowl to collect the juice. Separate the sections and place these aside.
3) Add remaining... - 47.4285
Vegetable Ham Salad
1) Take 1 tomato and chop into 1/4 inch pieces.
2) Make the sweet pickle dressing. For this, take the mayonnaise, relish, vinegar and mustard in a bowl and mix them.
3) Add the chopped tomatoes to the dressing.
4) Add ham, zucchini,... - 47.3727
Chicken And Goat Cheese Salad
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a medium bowl, mix the oil, parsley, thyme, bay leaf, garlic and peppercorns together.
3) Add the goat cheese slices and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
4) Rinse and drain arugula, watercress and... - 47.3336
Green Beans In Aquavit
1) With a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder, grind the caraway seeds to a fine powder.
2) In a large bowl, place the caraway seed powder.
3) Pour in olive oil, anchovy paste and vinegar into the powder. Mix thoroughly and place... - 47.3273
Chicken Salad Supreme
1. In a salad bowl, combine chicken and celery.
2. Sprinkle lemon juice and toss.
3. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
4. Make the dressing in a small non-metallic bowl by blending together mayonnaise, with seasonings, allspice and capers.... - 47.325
Artichoke And Ham Salad
1. Pre heat an oven at 200 C (400 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine vinegar, chives, olives and oil. Whisk well.
3. Add artichokes, pine nuts and pepper and toss gently. Keep aside.
4. On a baking tray, line with foil.
5. Place... - 47.2483
Caesar Salad With Parmesan Croutons
1) Rinse the romaine leaves, dry and refrigerate until needed.
2) Dressing: In a small bowl, mix the garlic, capers and anchovies into a paste with a fork.
3) Beat in the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
4) Gradually whisk in... - 47.1826
Senorita Shrimp Boats
1) In a large pot, boil the water with the bay leaf, celery, parsley, and peppercorns.
2) Add the shrimp, then simmer on a medium-low heat for about 1 minute, until the shrimp is thoroughly cooked.
3) Drain, allow to cool then slice each shrimp... - 47.1475
Caraway Coleslaw With Creamy Oil And Vinegar Dressing
1. In a large salad serving bowl, combine shredded cabbage and grated onions.
2. To prepare the dressing, in a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar sugar, caraway seeds and seasonings.
3. Use a fork to whisk the ingredients until well amalgamated.
4. Add... - 47.1125
Dill Potato Salad
1) In a pan, boil the potatoes until tender, then peel and thinly slice them.
2) Rinse the frozen peas with hot water, drain well.
3) Add to the sliced potatoes alongwith the onion and garlic.
4) In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, sugar,... - 47.1019
Tatra Ham And Chicken Salad
1. To make the salad dressing, in a bowl combine light cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice and seasonings.
2. With a fork, whisk until smooth and well blended.
3. In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients except the lettuce.
4. Pour the dressing over... - 47.0995
Beef And Potato Salad With Avocado And Chipotle Chiles
1) Dressing: In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, add the olive oil, vinegar, salt and black pepper together.
2) Cover the jar and shake, until thoroughly blended.
3) Salad : In a large saucepan, bring 1 1/2 quarts of water to a boil.
4) ... - 46.9767
French Chef's Salad
1. In a In small bowl, using a wire whisk or rotary beater, beat together all creamy dressing ingredients.
2. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until use.
3. In a salad bowl, place greens and chives at the bottom.
4. Add ham, chicken, and... - 46.9293
Apple Pineapple Raita
1. In a mixing bowl, toss together lime juice, coarsely grated apple.
2. Add garlic, ginger, and pineapple; toss well to combine.
3. Strain the mixture through a fine strainer.
4. Drain and discard excess liquid.
5. Return the fruit to the bowl.
6.... - 46.8146
Marinated Shrimp Salad
1. In boiling water cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
2. Then drain, cool and chill thoroughly.
3. Prepare the artichoke hearts by draining them and reserve the marinade.
4. Then cut large pieces of artichoke hearts in... - 46.7766
Shrimp Louis Slaw
1. In a large saucepan bring water and salt to boiling and simmer shrimp uncovered, for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally.
2. Then drain shrimp and rinse under cold running water.
3. With cover chill the shrimp for 2 to 24... - 46.6962
Green And Orange Salad
Peel the skin and section the oranges by removing all the membranes.
Place the oranges in a large bowl.
Sprinkle with chives and parsley
Take a small bowl
Place orange juice, garlic, mustard, and oil together and the beat the ingredients... - 46.6266
Mixed Green Salad With Ermite Blue Cheese Dressing
Break the lettuce into bite-size pieces.
Cut the green pepper into 1/4" strips and the celery into diagonal slices 1/4" thick.
Peel and slice the cucumber.
Combine all these vegetables and the onion slices in a large salad bowl, cover and chill.
Melt the... - 46.6021
Wild Rice Salad With Nuts And Cherry Tomatoes
1) In a large saucepan with salted boiling water, rinse and boil the rice, then simmer covered on a low heat for 40 minutes.
2) Drain the rice in a colander and dry on paper towels.
3) In a glass serving bowl, toss the rice with olive oil and sprinkle... - 46.5136
Rock Lobster Hong Kong
1. In a large saucepan, bring salted water to a rapid boil.
2. Add frozen lobster tails to boiling water and cook 3 minutes until they change colour to a deep orange red.
3. Drain the tails in a colander and refresh under cold water.
4. Use a... - 46.3204
Smoked Turkey And Pasta Salad
1. Prepare the pasta by cooking it as per package directions.
2. Then drain it, rinse with cold water, drain again and keep aside.
3. In a large bowl combine cooked pasta, cheese, smoked turkey, cucumber, red pepper and green onions
4.... - 46.3201
Spinach And Orange Toss
1) Take a jar and add the orange juice, peels, sugar, lime juice, vinegar and oil to it.
2) Mix well and cover the jar.
3) Shake the jar vigorously until the dressing blends properly.
4) Take a bowl of large size and add the cucumber,... - 46.297
Ham And Cheese Salad
1) In a large bowl, add the ham, cheese, scallions and parsley to combine.
2) In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard, salt, black pepper and cayenne by whisking.
3) Gradually pour in olive oil in a thin stream and whisk.
4) Drizzle in the... - 46.1763
Warm Tuna And Ginger Salad
1. To prepare the fish thaw if frozen
2. Drain the mandarin orange sections.
3. In a bowl combine the 1 teaspoon lemon juice and soy sauce.
4. Brush on both sides of the tuna or halibut steaks with the mixture.
5. On greased unheated... - 46.162
1) In a large kettle or Dutch oven, place the chicken and cover with water.
2) Sprinkle with the seasoned salt and pepper, 1/2 cup chopped onion and parsley, bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
3)... - 46.1304
Stockholm Street Potatoes
1. Diagonally cut each shrimp into 4 small pieces; keep aside in a bowl.
2. Separate the cooked egg whites and the yolks
3. Chop whites into small pieces.
4. Mix chopped egg white and shrimp.
5. Save the egg yolks for other recipes.
6. To the... - 46.0263
1. Thinly slice strawberries and courgettes.
2. Slice onion.
3. Peel orange and separate segments.
4. In a bowl, put together onion, strawberry, courgettes, orange segments and peanuts; mix well.
5. Sprinkle herbs and squeeze lemon juice... - 45.9852
1) In a cup, mix together vinegar and onion flakes.
2) Allow to soak for 5 minutes.
3) In a bowl, place cabbage, green peppers and pineapple.
4) Stir the cabbage mixture lightly to blend.
5) Sprinkle with celery seeds and curry powder,... - 45.8597
Salmon Rigatoni Salad
1. To prepare the rigatoni cook it in lightly salted boiling water for 12 to 15 minutes or until al dente (tender but still slightly firm).
2. Then drain, rinse with cold water and drain well.
3. To make the dressing in a to the... - 45.8163
Mexican Orange Roughy Salad
1. To prepare the fish thaw if frozen and cut into 1-inch pieces.
2. In a large skillet combine water and salt and bring to boiling.
3. Add fish, return to boiling and reduce heat.
4. With cover let it simmer for 3 to 6 minutes until... - 45.7901
Bread And Cheese Salad
1. In a large bowl, place croutons.
2. In a small bowl, combine dressing and thyme and pour over bread.
3. Toss such that the croutons are coated with dressing.
4. Add celery and tomatoes and toss lightly.
5. Make small cubes or strips out of the... - 45.5818
All American Low Fat Potato Salad
1) Take a large salad bowl and combine all the vegetables in it.
2) FOR THE YOGURT DRESSING: Take a bowl and combine all the ingredients in it. Mix nicely and refrigerate.
3) Add dill weed to the yogurt dressing and mix nicely.
4) Add the dressing to... - 45.4913
Four Star Cabbage 'n' Fruit Salad
1. In a salad bowl, place the shredded cabbage and toss with the oil until well coated.
2. Open up the orange, separate the section and remove all membranes; do the same with grapefruit.
3. Add the orange and grapefruit sections to the cabbage.
4. Toss... - 45.3524
Fennel Potato Salad
1) Take a large saucepan and boil water in it. Cook sliced potatoes in it until fork tender. Drain and set aside.
2) Chop 3 eggs and reserve the remaining 1 for later.
3) Take a large bowl and combine together chopped eggs, warm potatoes, onion, fennel... - 45.3423
Gourmet Caesar Salad
Prepare the croutons before beginning to mix the salad.
Cut 2 slices of bread, crusts removed, into 16 cubes each.
Saute them delicately in oil well scented with garlic.
Have a large wooden bowl, well rubbed with a cut clove of garlic, ready, with the... - 45.3275
Green Bean And Benne Salad
1) In a small dry skillet, add sesame seeds.
2) Place over moderate heat to roast the sesame seed, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Place aside.
3) In a large pot of rapidly boiling water, add green beans to cook for 3 to 5... - 45.1937
Mid Summer Salad
1. Quarter melon into, remove and discard seeds and skin and with a melon bailer scoop into balls or cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
2. Make thin slices out of strawberries and cucumber.
3. To serve, on a large serving plate or 4 individual plates arrange... - 45.1703
Atlantic Banks Salad
1. Drain the sardines, before making the salad.
2. Slice hard cooked eggs into wedges and keep aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, onion tomato and cheeses.
4. Mix well.
5. In a small bowl, combine the French dressing... - 45.1269
Blue Cheese And Grape Salad With Caramelized Pecans
1. Grease a baking sheet with oil.
2. Halve and deseed the grapes.
3. To caramelize the pecans, in a saucepan, melt the butter over a low flame.
4. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved in the butter and boil until golden brown.
5. Add... - 45.0081
Tossed Vegetable Marinade
1) Wash and trim the ends of beans. Remove strings. Cut them in 3 inch pieces.
2) Take a saucepan and boil 1 cup water in it. Add beans and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes. Drain and... - 44.9668
Snow Peas And Baby Corn Salad
1) In boiling salted water, blanch snow peas for 1 minute and seperately boil baby corn for 1-2 minutes.
2) Refresh and drain both thoroughly.
3) Dry snow peas and baby corns with a kitchen towel.
4) In a salad bowl, mix snow peas and... - 44.9096
Salad Nicoise With Garlic-flavored French Dressing
1) Hard boil eggs for 8-10 minutes. Plunge in cold water. Shell and quarter them. Keep aside.
2) Trim beans and wash.
3) Skin tomatoes and cut into quarters.
4) Skin and slice onions thinly. Break it into individual rings.
5) Wash lettuce and... - 44.8235
Lotus Root Salad
Combine 1 quart of the water and the vinegar in a saucepan.
Scrub and peel the lotus root.
Cut into 1/2-inch slices.
Drop the slices immediately into the vinegar water to prevent discoloring.
Bring the water with the lotus slices to the boiling point.
Cook... - 44.7255
Crabmeat Salad With Remoulade Sauce
Divide crabmeat into sizable flakes.
Cut celery in very thin slices.
Toss crabmeat and celery together.
Chill in refrigerator until sauce is made.
Crush garlic and mix with remaining ingredients.
Shortly before serving, mix crabmeat with about two thirds of... - 44.6613
Londonderry Chicken Salad
1) Rinse romaine lettuce.
2) Separate the leaves and pat dry. Keep aside.
3) In a bowl mix yogurt and mayonnaise and blend till smooth.
4) Gently add capers and dill weed.
5) Keep aside.
6) In a small bowl put string beans and sprinkle... - 44.6534
Asparagus And Beet Salad With Tarragon
1) In a small heavy saucepan of boiling water , add the beet to cook for 30 to 45 minutes, until tender.
2) Drain the beet and allow cooling at room temperature.
3) Peel the beets and cut into 2-inch julienne strips.
4) In a large pot of boiling... - 44.652
Fish And French Bean Salad
Clean fish, wash and drain thoroughly.
Sprinkle 1/2 tsp salt and pepper over fish and set aside for about 10 minutes.
Heat a grill till medium-hot.
Place fish on rack and grill for about 3 minutes on each side.
Cool and cut into 1/2" cubes.
Trim French beans... - 44.4275
Winter Greens Pear And Goat Cheese Salad
To make the dressing: Heat the oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add the shallots and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
Uncover and continue... - 44.2089
Cheesy Egg And Greens Toss
1. For dressing in a small bowl stir yogurt, horseradish, sugar, hot pepper sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt until well blended.
2. To make dressing of desired consistency stir in enough milk.
3. Cover and let it chill.
4. In a large bowl toss slightly to... - 44.0468
1) In a medium saucepan, add the chicken breast, water, celery, onion and 1 teaspoon of the salt together.
2) Bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
3) Remove the chicken from broth, allow to cool, then... - 44.0106
Orange And Onion Salad
1) Take a bowl and put thoroughly washed, separated and dried lettuce leaves in it.
2) Remove the peel and white pith from oranges. Place a bowl and nicely section all the oranges. Catch and reserve the juice that might come out.
3) Place orange... - 44.0028
Shrimp And Avocado Salad
Wash and dry lettuce leaves and set them on 4 individual plates.
Combine shrimp, celery, eggs, red pepper and shallots.
In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise and curry powder.
Pour over shrimp mixture and toss to coat.
Spoon mixture on lettuce leaves.
Peel... - 43.9281
Pea And Soya Bean Salad With Fresh Dill
1. In a pot, boil water with a little salt.
2. Add the peas and soya beans in the boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender.
3. Drainthe water, then run the peas and soya beans under cold water until completely cooled.
4. To... - 43.9027
Couscous Confetti Salad
1) Take a small saucepan and bring water to a boil.
2) Stir in salt and couscous. Cover and let stand until the mixture cools down to room temperature.
3) Take a medium bowl and combine together cooled couscous with all the remaining salad ingredients.... - 43.7831
Red And Green Pepper Salad
1. Cut green and red peppers into chunks and place in a large pie plate or bowl.
2. Toss the pepper chunks with garlic and oil and microwave, covered, at High for 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp, stirring once.
3. Add lemon juice, cumin... - 43.73
Hot German Potato Salad
1) In a pan, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 30 minutes or until tender, then allow to cool.
2) In a serving bowl, peel, slice and place the potatoes.
3) In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crisp, then drain on paper towels.
4) Crumble the... - 43.4544
Pure Pantry Chicken Salad
1) Rinse the black beans, then drain well and pat them dry.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine the beans and corn together.
3) Discard the chicken skin and fat, cut into 1/2-inch dice and add into the bowl.
4) Drain, dry and slice the olives lengthwise or... - 43.4007
Chardenoux's Salad Of Blue Cheese Nuts And Belgian Endive
1) In a small bowl, add lemon juice and salt. Stir well to dissolve the salt.
2) Gradually pour in oil in a thin stream and continue whisking until the dressing is well blended.
3) Thoroughly rinse the endives in cold running water, pat dry with... - 43.3924
1. Shred cabbage finely.
2. Grate carrot.
3. Chop onion.
4. In a medium bowl, toss vegetables with salad dressing.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Refrigerate salad until chill.
7. Serve chilled Coleslaw... - 43.3415
1. Wash lettuce and plunge in a bowl of ice-chilled water.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine oil and vinegar and whisk with a fork or wire whisk until well blended.
3. Add cream and cheese and whisk until smooth.
4. Add pepper and Tabasco to... - 43.323
Elbow Macaroni Salad
Cook macaroni until done.
Combine in a bowl with all dry ingredients.
Mix salad dressing or mayonnaise with mustard, Louisiana hot sauce, olive oil, and lemon juice.
Blend this in the dry ingredients.
If it is still too dry, add additional mayonnaise or... - 43.3197
Smoked Salmon, Salmon Roe And Pasta Salad
1. Assemble the mise en place trays.
2. In a glass or ceramic bowl, whisk together the lime juice, mustard, and lemon zest. Set aside.
3. Put the quail eggs in a medium-sized saucepan and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat.... - 43.0859
Turkey And Orange Salad
1) Mix together turkey, shallots and celery with a dressing made with 3 parts olive oil to 1 part wine vinegar.
2) Season the mixture with salt, pepper and rosemary.
3) Toss well to combine and marinate for at least 2 hours.
4) Just before serving,... - 43.0848
Chicken Waldorf Salad
1) In a large bowl add yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, salt and pepper to taste.
2) Whisk all the ingredients together.
3) Add apple, red and green grapes, celery, scallion, and chicken. Toss the mixture well.
4) Mound one-fourth of the salad on... - 43.0665
Three Cabbage Slaw
1) Using a sharp knife, finely shred the cabbages. Transfer them to a salad bowl.
2) In a blender, make the dressing by blending scallion, cornichons, egg yolks, celery seeds, vinegar, mustard, and salt.
3) As the blender runs, pour the oil, drop by... - 42.9685
Mexican Salad With Avocado Dressing
The night before, combine dressing ingredients in a jar.
Leave overnight at room temperature.
The next day, strain the dressing; discard chilies and garlic.
Set aside a little of the dressing.
Pour the rest of the dressing into the bottom of a salad bowl.
Cut... - 42.9554
1. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, cream, tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the prawns and stir well to coat.
2. Arrange the lettuce leaves on top... - 42.838