- » Tomatillo
Tomatillo, also known by various names such as Tomate Verde, Husk Tomato, Husk Cherry, Jamberry, Mexican Tomato and Ground Cherry, is a small round shaped variety of tomato that is the size of cherry tomato and ... More »
Home Made Salsa With Tomatillo
Take a look at this delicious homemade salsa recipe which takes just few minutes to prepare. Watch the video to check out step by step instructions on making salsa with tomatoes, cilantro and onion. Do not miss out some quick tips the lady chef mentions on... - 127.15
Ok this is such an amazing dip and its so easy to make… don’t be scared I promise you can do it! - 120.87
Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
Tomatillos are also known as husk tomatoes – although they are only relatives of the tomato. They come covered in a husk and are quite sticky when peeled. A simple rinse will take care of this. Tomatillos are tart and used for green Mexican salsas. Although... - 118.629
Salsa Cruda De Tomatillo
If you love Mexican dishes, you must have tasted Tomatillo sauce. With this recipe video, now you can prepare this of your own. It is one of the finest dishes that can be served along with your tacos. This dish is well accompanied with the tacos. Chef Alicia... - 115.622
Fish Tacos With Tomatillo Avocado Cream And Cilantro Rice
Want to try the best fish tacos? These fish tacos are a perfect way to pep up your mealtime with the zing of cilantro and zest of lime giving it the added spark. Also this dish gives you a great chance to add fish into your diet. So make it, serve it and see... - 113.619
How To Make Baked Fish With Tomatillo Salsa And Sour Cream
When you are looking for quick side dishes, try making some Tilapia with tomatillo salsa and sour cream sauce. It will turn out into an amazing dish to serve with other meat or vegetable dishes. In this video, the chef demonstrates the easiest way to bake... - 93.9543
Bacon Wrap Sonoran Hot Dogs With Tomatillo Salsa
Looking for a fun and flavorful way to jazz up hot dogs? Watch this video and try these bacon-wrapped versions with zippy Dijon mustard. 'They don't take long to fix. A sure boost to your family's next summer outing, make these zippy Arizona style hot dogs.... - 91.7736
Simple Tomatillo Salsa
All the Mexican food lovers pay attention, here is a recipe that can help you learn tomatillo salsa. This one has fabulous flavor and wonderful taste. It tastes amazing with enchiladas, tacos and many other dishes. Watch the video and try making tomatillo... - 89.7025
Quick Tomatillo Sauce
Want to make a delicious Mexican salsa at home? Tomatillo sauce is the way to go! This is one of the authentic Mexican food delights and tastes great when eaten fresh. It can be made in minutes and is a great accompaniment with grilled non vegetarian delights. - 78.941
Black Bean Soup With Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
1) Lightly brush the husked tomatillos with oil.
2) In a heated cast-iron skillet, roast the tomatillos over a medium-high heat, until softened and lightly charred.
3) Roughly chop the tomatillos, then tranfer into a bowl with just a little... - 47.3445
Seared Beef Filets With Drunken Beans And Smoky Tomatillo Sauce
1. In a saucepan, drain and rinse the beans before preparing.
2. Fill the saucepan with enough water to cover the beans by 1 or 2 inches.
3. Heat the saucepan and bring the beans to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 1 1/2 to 2... - 46.7983
Chile Rubbed Tuna With Tomatillo Chutney
1. Start by preparing a charcoal, wood, or gas grill or preheat the broiler
2. In a large nonreactive skillet, pour the olive oil and heat it over medium heat, add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, also add the tomatillos, ginger, and... - 46.2333
Pumpkin Seed Tomatillo Dip
1) A pot filled with water to cover the tomatillos is readied.
2) The oven is heated to 350 degrees C.
3) Husked tomatillos are simmered in boiling water for about 2 minutes.
4) The excess water is drained off.
5) Meanwhile, pumpkin... - 46.1264
Shredded Beef With Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
1.Preheat oven to 325Â°F (165Â°C).
2. Rub roast with the salt and pepper.
3.In a heavy ovenproof baking dish with a tight-fitting lid place roast.
4.Crush and crumble the ancho chiles over the roast and add onion halves, garlic,... - 45.9767
Roasted Chile & Tomatillo Stew
Line broiling pan (without rack) with foil.
Place poblanos or green peppers in pan and broil at closest position to source of heat, turning occasionally, until charred all over, about 15 minutes.
Wrap foil around poblanos and allow to steam... - 45.8758
Roasted Tomatillo Sauce Over Whole Wheat Linguine
Preheat oven to 400°.
Place tomatillos and garlic in a bowl; add oil and toss to coat ingredients.
Spread tomatillos and garlic cloves in a baking dish; roast for 35 minutes.
Cook linguine according to package directions.
Place roasted... - 45.8714
Corn And Tomatillo Salsa
Shuck corn by removing husk and silk from corn; rinse under cool running water.
Holding tip of one ear, stand upright on stem end in large skillet.
Cut down sides of cob with paring knife, releasing kernels without cutting into cob.
Press down along each cob... - 45.7962
Pasta With Fajita Style Chicken And Tomatillo Tomato Salsa
In a mixing bowl, stir 1 tablespoon of the oil with the lemon and lime juices, the oregano, 1 garlic clove, and 1 chile.
Add the chicken breasts and turn them in the mixture; leave them to marinate for about half an hour.
Remove the broiler tray and spray it... - 45.7703
Chicken In Tomatillo Sauce
Rinse chicken and pat dry.
Combine with flour, salt and pepper in plastic bag; shake to coat chicken well.
Fry chicken in heated oil in large skillet until golden brown.
Add onion and garlic.
Cook for 5 minutes.
Add chipotle chilies and tomatillos; mix... - 44.6347
Grilled Swordfish With Tomatillo Salsa
1. Prepare the salsa by removing the papery husks of the tomatillos. The tomatillos are then chopped into small pieces.
2. Chop or process the onion, garlic, Anaheim, jalapeno chilies and the cilantro to a coarse paste.
3. Mix the tomatillos... - 44.1756
Baked Chicken With Tomatillo Rice
Heat oil in a large skillet and brown the chicken.
Remove and set aside.
Add the onion, garlic and rice to the skillet.
Cook until rice is a golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Transfer to a baking dish, place chicken... - 44.1066
Tomatillo Chicken Bake
Place chicken in a large Dutch oven; add water to cover.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken from broth, and let cool slightly.
Bone and shred chicken; set aside.
Skim and discard fat from... - 42.3051
Pork & Hominy Soup With Tomatillo Salsa
In a 6- to 8-quart pan, combine broth, ham, chicken, oregano, cumin, and onions.
Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until meat is tender when pierced (about 2 hours).
Lift out meat and set aside.
Pour broth through a wire strainer... - 42.1737
Tomatillo Chicken has a Juicy tasteThe Salsa and Mint gives the Tomatillo Chicken Majestic taste. Must catch it - 41.9006
Green Tomatillo Chicken
Remove chicken skin.
Pour oil into a 10 to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add chicken and brown, turning as needed, 8 to 12 minutes.
Add tomatillos, onion, chilies, and garlic.
Cover and simmer, turning chicken occasionally, until meat is no longer... - 41.3474
Broiled Shrimp With Tomatillo Relish
In glass bowl combine first 5 ingredients.
Add shrimp and toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Grill or broil the shrimp about 3 minutes per side.
Spoon relish on a platter and top with shrimp.
Relish: Combine all ingredients in glass bowl.
Cover... - 41.2402
Tomatillo Salsa Scallop Appetizers
Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl.
Cover and chill 1 hour.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil.
Place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add shallot, and saute 2 minutes or until tender.
Add scallops, and saute 2 minutes or... - 41.1572
1) Preheat oven at 450°.
2) On a baking sheet place the tomatillos.
3) Place the baking sheet inside oven to bake for 10 minutes.
4) Let it cool after removing from oven.
5) Discard the husks and rinse the tomatillos.
6) In the food... - 40.7124
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Wrap the garlic cloves in foil.
3) Roast it the oven for about 25 minutes, until soft.
4) Squeeze the garlic pulp off the skins, in a bowl and mash to paste.
5) In a medium bowl, add all the... - 40.687
Grilled Round Steak With Tomatillo Sauce
Trim excess fat from steak.
Place steak in a large shallow baking dish.
Combine next 6 ingredients in a small bowl; mix well, and pour over steak.
Turn over and refrigerate 24 hours, turning steak occasionally.
Remove steak from marinade.
Coat grill with... - 40.2571
Chilled Tomatillo Soup
Heat the oil in a large saucepan, and add the chilies and onion.
Cook about 10 minutes.
Add the tomatillos and broth.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until tomatillos are tender, about 15 minutes.
Season with salt.
Transfer soup to a blender... - 40.2475
Crab And Avocado Salad With Coriander Tomatillo Vinaigrette
1. In a small saucepan, bring the wine and half of the minced shallots to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, add the sole and simmer until just opaque throughout, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sole to a plate and set aside... - 39.3673
1) In a grill start coals.
2) Wash the chicken and dry on paper towels.
3) Juice half the lime and grate the peel.
4) Cut the other half of the lime in to 2 and use to rub each piece of chicken with 1 piece of lime.
5) Use sesame oil to baste each... - 38.3539
Papaya Tomatillo Chutney
1) In a large saucepan add all the ingredients.
2) Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring continuously
3) Simmer it for 30-35 minute, stirring occasionally, until thick.
4) Transfer to a bowl, cool and serve. - 37.4984
Baked Mahi Mahi With Tomatillo Salsa
Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well.
Cover and chill thoroughly.
Combine lemon juice and sesame oil; brush mixture evenly over both sides of each fillet.
Place fillets in an 11 x7x1 1/2 -inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Bake,... - 36.9815
Remove outer leaves of fresh tomatillos.
Place on baking sheet.
Bake in 425Â°F (218Â°C) oven about 20 minutes or till blisters form.
Remove and discard stem end of tomatillos and finely chop.
Or, rinse and finely chop canned tomatillos.
In a small... - 36.6638
Baked Mahi Mahi With Tomatillo Salsa
1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill thoroughly.
2. Combine lemon juice and sesame oil; brush evenly over both sides of fillets. Place fillets in an 11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at... - 36.611
Salmon With Creamy Tomatillo Sauce
1. In a blender or food processor, combine tomatillos, onion, garlic, lime peel, lime juice, sugar, and salt. Whirl until smooth. By hand, stir in yogurt mixture just until combined; do not over beat or sauce will separate. Set aside.2. Brush tortillas... - 36.3603
Soft Crab Tacos With Tomatillo & Lime Salsa
1. To prepare tomatillo & lime salsa, in a medium-size bowl, combine tomatillos, green onion, lime peel, lime juice, sugar, and salt; set aside. (At this point, the salsa can be covered and refrigerated for up to 4 hours; stir before serving.)
2. Brush... - 35.9919
Fresh Tomatillo Dipping Sauce
Quarter the unpeeled plums, discarding the pits, and liquefy them in a blender; set aside.
Combine the 7 dry ingredients in a bowl, add the chicken stock and cider vinegar, and stir until blended.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly... - 35.7194
Pepper Jack Chicken Enchiladas With Tomatillo Sauce
Inside their papery skins, tomatillos resemble small green tomatoes, and they have a tasty, tart flavor. Charred with jalapeños and then blended with cilantro and cream, they add a distinct and wonderful flair to these chicken- and veggie-packed enchiladas.... - 35.2424
Grilled Trout With Smoky Tomatillo Sauce And Cucumber Salad
1. In a colander, toss the cucumber slices with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and let stand until wilted, about 25 minutes. Pat dry.
2. Meanwhile, soak the guajillo and chipotle chilies in the boiling water until softened, 20 minutes. Discard the stems and seeds and... - 34.3549
1. In medium saucepan, heat oil; add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add broth, tomatillos and jalapeno pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer, partially covered, 7 minutes.... - 33.9626
Pork Tomatillo Chili
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil until hot. Add half of the pork cubes and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the pork is well browned all over, 6 to 8 minutes. (Cover skillet as necessary.) Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn the... - 32.7982
Creamy Tomatillo Sauce
Remove and discard husks from tomatillos; cut tomatillos into quarters, and place in a small saucepan.
Add onion and next 3 ingredients.
Bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 7 minutes or until tomatillos are tender.
Pour tomatillo mixture into... - 32.7493
Tomatillo Jicama & Apple Salad
Core apples and cut each into 15 or 16 thin wedges.
Dip into lime juice to coat.
Peel jicama; cut in half, then cut into 30 or 32 thin wedges.
Remove and discard stems and husks from tomatillos; rinse tomatillos and pat dry, then cut to make 30 or 32 thin... - 32.0596
Ensalada De Tomatillo
Ensalada De Tomatillo is a truly refreshing salad. I love trying this Ensalada De Tomatillo with basil, zucchini and tomatillos. Yummy and healthy! - 31.5658
Dry Rubbed Salmon Tacos With Tomatillo Avocado Slaw
1. In a small bowl, stir the cumin with the chile powder, brown sugar and coffee. Season generously with salt and pepper. Brush the salmon fillets with olive oil and dredge them in the spice mixture.
2. Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, puree the... - 31.261
Pork And Tomatillo Stew
1. In a medium casserole or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil. Season the pork chunks with salt and pepper and cook over high heat until browned on 2 sides, about 2 minutes per side. Add the celery and onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring... - 31.0019
Chicken Tomatillo Casserole
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 2-quart shallow baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Combine the tomatillo sauce, sour cream, cilantro, shallot, and garlic in a large bowl.
3. Place 4 tortillas in the bottom of the baking dish, overlapping as necessary... - 30.8629
Salsa De Tomatillo
Make this sauce the day before the picnic.
Saute onion in oil until clear.
Season with salt, oregano, and chili to taste.
Simmer 5 to 10 minutes, or until the flavors are blended - 30.8255
Green Tomatillo Sauce
Combine onion, almonds, and oil in a pan over medium heat and cook, stirring, until onion is limp and almonds are lightly browned.
Whirl tomatillos and their liquid in blender until mixture is fairly smooth (or rub through wire strainer, using all liquid and... - 29.6342
Remove stems and outer husks of tomatillos; rinse well.
Combine all ingredients in container of an electric blender, process until smooth.
Transfer tomatillo mixture to a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10... - 29.477
Tortilla De Puerco Con Salsa Tomatillo
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Generously butter 3-quart rectangular casserole.
Combine sour cream, chilies and olives and blend well.
Alternate layers of tortillas, pork, zucchini and sour cream mixture in baking dish, ending with layer of tortillas topped with... - 28.7241
Chipotle Tomatillo Salsa
Place the tomatillos, garlic, sugar, and salt in a food processor or blender.
Blend until mostly pureed.
Add the chipotles, adobo sauce, and cilantro leaves and blend briefly, leaving the salsa just a little textured. - 27.2292
Chorizo Tomatillo Filling
1. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat, crumble chorizo; stir with onion, garlic, and cumin until browned, about 8 minutes. Discard fat.
2. In a food processor, whirl sausage mixture, tomatillos, cheese, and lime juice until smooth. Or mince meat... - 26.4509
Tomatillo & Cheese Salad
Husk and wash tomatillos.
Slice thinly and arrange on a platter or 4 salad plates.
Combine oil and lime juice; sprinkle over tomatillos and top with cheese.
Season to taste with pepper. - 25.8885
Rinse tomatillos; arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in a 500° oven until slightly singed (about 15 minutes).
In a blender or food processor, whirl tomatillos with cilantro and chile.
Stir in broth and lime juice; season to taste... - 25.652
Roasted Corn Quesadillas With Tomatillo Salsa
1. Prepare Tomatillo Salsa.
2. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add corn, and saute 3 minutes or just until corn begins to brown. Add bell pepper and saute 1 minute; remove from pan and set aside.
3. Brush 1 side of each... - 25.6113
Spicy Salsa De Tomatillo
1. Discard husks and rinse tomatillos. In a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan, combine tomatillos and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and simmer until tomatillos are soft when pressed, 7 to 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer tomatillos to a... - 25.5984
Spicy Pork With Black Bean And Tomatillo Salsa
1. Combine first 3 ingredients; rub over all sides of pork. Let stand 15 minutes. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Add pork and cook 3 minutes; turn and cook 2 to 3 minutes on other side or until browned.
2. Preheat oven to... - 25.4906
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; cover and chill. - 24.2962
Betty's Salsa Verde
In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Salsa Verde. This sauce will be used as a dip in the next video posted in bettyskitchen. - 0
Lynn's Tomatillo Salsa
Lynn demonstrates how to make a delicious Tomatillo Salsa that can be used as a dip for tostito chips or in a chicken enchilada dish. - 0
Salsa Verde On The Grille!
I hope you are all enjoying your summer and making the most of what has recently been, lovely weather (at least in NYC!)
Summer is a great time for parties and barbecue's and I hear so often from my clients that these little soirees are what... - 0
Healthy Braised Pork Tacos With Tomatillo Salsa Verde
For Braised Pork:
1. For pork rub, in mortar and pestle, combine chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, salt, chili flakes and ground black pepper. Grind it well.
2. In a mixing bowl, season pork with rub. Mix to coat well.
3.... - 0
Tomatillo Recipes By Category