- » Toasted Sunflower Seed
Toasted Sunflower Seed Recipes
Enjoy our collection of toasted sunflower seed recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for toasted sunflower seed recipes.
Toasted Sesame And Sunflower Seeds
1) Into a shallow heatproof dish, combine the two seeds together a
2) Then add the soy sauce to coat evenly
3) Onto the base of the dish, spread them out evenly and toast them under a grill for about 4 minutes
4) Once toasted, shake the dish to even... - 31.6667
Savory Sunflower Seeds
In a small skillet, heat butter and oil over low heat.
Add sunflower seeds, chives, and salt, and toast for about 8 minutes.
Shake or stir occasionally. - 22.8007
Curried Sunflower Seeds
Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
In a small bowl, combine curry powder, seasoned salt, garlic salt and sunflower seeds.
Spread evenly on an ungreased baking sheet.
Toast for 10 to 15 minutes in preheated oven until golden brown. - 25.8715
Green Bean Sunflower Seed Salad
Wash beans, remove ends and cut into 1-inch lengths.
Cook in as little water as possible until tender, but still firm.
Combine beans with other ingredients except sunflower seeds.
Serve chilled green beans on salad greens, topped with toasted sunflower... - 32.1073
Sunflower Seed Peppers
1) Start the broiler and set on High.
2) In a medium-sized saucepan, saute the onion in the heated oil for 5 minutes until soft, stir in the onion and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3) Stir in the tomatoes, mushrooms, toasted sunflower... - 45.3598
Tejas Sunflower Seed Salsa
Place the tomatillos and sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor or blender, and blend together.
Then add the remaining ingredients and blend, leaving the mixture slightly chunky and textured. - 29.5159
Sunflower Seed Cheese & Herb Loaf
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
Lightly grease a 1kg(2 lb) loaf tin.
In a large bowl, sift together the flours, bicarbonate of soda, cream of tartar, and dried mustard powder.
Rub in the margarine with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine... - 42.236
Green And Gold Sunflower Salad
1. Put the oil and lemon juice into a small bowl with the salt and pepper. Mix together well.
2. Cut the avocados in half and remove the stones. Peel them, cut into slices and mix these into the oil and lemon juice dressing very carefully, taking care not to... - 44.7483
Sunflower Topped Coffee Cake
Stir all of the dry ingredients together using only one-half of all the spices. Set aside the remaining 1/4 teaspoons of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and 1/8 teaspoons of cloves and allspice for the topping.
In a separate bowl combine the eggs, buttermilk,... - 40.2889
Natural Goodness Bread
Butter two 9" x 5" loaf pans.
Lightly butter a large bowl for rising of dough.
Bring water to a boil.
Remove from heat; stir in rice.
Let stand while preparing other ingredients.
Combine 1 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt in electric-mixer bowl.
Mix... - 46.5539
Good Day Granola
Stir oats, brown sugar, bran, wheat germ, walnuts and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
Put vegetable oil, honey and vanilla in a small saucepan; heat, stirring till bubbly.
Pour liquid over dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
Divide oat mixture evenly and... - 40.8569
Sunflower Sprout Muffins
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Place a 10-inch skillet, preferably nonstick, over high heat and add the sesame and sunflower seeds.
Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the seeds start to pop and turn brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove from the heat and set... - 44.9465
Cut dough into 6 equal pieces.
On a lightly floured board, roll each piece into a 7 to 8-inch round.
Lightly coat 3 baking sheets, 12- by 15-inch size, with some of the olive oil.
Place 2 rounds of dough well apart on each pan, then brush dough with remaining... - 33.9497
Sunflower Green Salad With Thyme Vinaigrette
1. Peel carrot and shave thin slices with peeler. Toss together carrot shavings, greens, radishes, cabbage, and sunflower seeds.
2. In a screw-top jar combine vinegar, oil, thyme, and pepper. Cover and shake well. Toss salad with dressing. - 35.6029
Sauteed Cabbage With Toasted Seeds
Cook the cabbage in boiling water for 5-6 minutes, until almost tender.
Tip into a colander and leave to drain well.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a deep-sided, heavy-based frying pan.
Add the garlic and fry over a medium heat for 1 minute.
Add the mustard seeds... - 31.6519
Sunflower Peanut Butter
For whole seeds and nuts: grind them together in your blender, adding 1/4 to 1/2 cup oil to start them into butter. Add salt to taste.
For meals: stir the meals (and salt) together. Add oil to turn them into butter.
For butters: simply combine the two... - 21.636
Celery And Sunflower Soup
1. In a saucepan, heat oil and fry onion for about 2-3 minutes, then add sunflower seeds and celery for about 2 minutes, until seeds get toasted lightly.
2. Stir in boiling vegetable water or stock and add the herbs.
3. Boil the soup, and simmer for... - 44.3766
1.Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2.Combine margarine, maple syrup or rice syrup, and egg and blend for 1 minute.
3.In a separate bowl, mix orange juice with orange rind, baking powder, salt, whole wheat flour and sunflower seed.
4.Put... - 42.7538
Flavored Nuts And Seeds
If using English walnuts, boil them in water to cover for 3 minutes; then drain and spread out on a towel to dry.
Spread nuts, dried seeds, or fresh seeds in a single layer in a shallow baking pan.
Toast, uncovered, in a 350° oven until golden, stirring... - 30.8205
Rice With Seeds And Spices
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the spices and garlic for about 1 minute, stirring all the time.
2. Add the rice and stock, bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until just tender.
3. Stir in the yogurt and the toasted sunflower... - 36.7652
Soy Sesame Sauce
1. In a medium heavy bottomed skillet, toast the sesame seeds over a low flame, sautéing frequently for 10 minutes until you get a nutty aroma
2. Transfer the seeds to a food grinder jar and allow them cool completely before grinding... - 43.9205
Italian Eggplant With Nuts And Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. On a cookie sheet roast sunflower seeds and cashews for 10 minues. Once roasted cool.
3. Bake sliced eggplant for 15 minutes, till they are tender,
4. In another skillet add olive oil and warm.
5. Add celery,... - 45.1462
Unique Fruit Toast are simple irresistible! I served it for breakfast just yesterday and everyone loved it. Try this Fruit Toast recipe! - 31.7231
Carrot, Celeriac And Sesame Seed Salad
1. Slice the celeriac into thin matchsticks. Place in a small saucepan of boiling salted water and boil for 2 minutes.
2. Drain and rinse the celeriac in cold water and place in a mixing bowl.
3. Finely grate the carrot. Add the carrot and the raisins to the... - 42.0121
Toast the bread.
Peel and halve the onion, and dice one of the halves.
Slice the other half into thin rings.
Mix the butter with the diced onion, the salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the paprika.
Spread toast with the paprika-onion butter.
Heat the oven to... - 42.3759
Creamy Fruit Salad
1. In a heavy skillet, toast the sunflower seeds without oil and stir around so they do not scorch; mix together with the rest of the ingredients
2. In case of sesame tahini, mix it together with yogurt before pouring it over the fruit
3.... - 33.9046
Stir the flours together. Toast them over medium heat in a heavy cast iron frying pan or dutch oven. No oil is needed. Toast them until they are well browned, but not too dark. Watch carefully because once the flour gets hot it browns fast. Stir often.
Put... - 41.0355
Fruity Carrot-and-seed Salad
Combine shredded carrots, oranges, and sunflower kernels in a medium bowl, chill 2 hours.
Stir yogurt into carrot mixture, and serve immediately. - 19.4231
Green Seed Salad
1. Rub bread with cut side of garlic, brush both sides lightly with olive oil and cut into 2 cm / 3/4 in cubes. Place bread cubes on a nonstick baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until bread is golden and crisp. Cool slightly.
2. Place sunflower, pumpkin... - 36.0657
Toast the oats in an oiled pan until lightly browned. Put them in a large bowl.
Toast the coconut lightly, then mix with the oats.
Stir in the seeds, peanuts, wheat germ, rolled wheat, dried fruit, and nuts.
Serve the cereal with honey and milk to... - 32.3334
Sesame Prawn Toasts
Mix together the pork fat, prawns, egg white, salt and pepper and cornflour.
Spread this mixture on to the bread slices.
Place the sesame seeds on a flat plate, then press on the bread slices, prawn side down, until they are thickly coated with the... - 32.7644
Honey Toasted Granola
1 Preheat the oven to 350° F.
In a large ungreased bak-I ingpan, mix the oats, oat bran, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, almonds, and cinnamon.
2 In a small saucepan, combine the honey, orange juice, and butter.
Cook, stirring, over moderate heat until the... - 39.9831
Heat a large skillet.
Add the oil and saute the oats 5 to 10 minutes on medium heat, until thev are lightly browned.
It is important to roast them well.
Add the boiling water slowly.
Add the salt and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the tamari and simmer 5 minutes... - 30.049
Toasted Cashew Stir Fry With Noodles
1. Combine seeds and nuts in a bowl, and microwave them for 4 minutes until they get toasted. Alternatively they can be toasted in conventional oven at gas mark 6,400°F (200°C) for about 5-7 minutes. Check the seeds and nuts at set intervals to... - 47.9046
Pork And Noodle Soup With Sesame Prawn Toasts
1. In a bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce and the honey. Pour over the pork and turn in the marinade.
2. In a frying pan with 1 tablespoon of the sunflower oil. Fry the pork for about 4 minutes each side or until lightly... - 47.2849
Sesame Duck And Noodle Salad
1. Slice the duck breasts thinly across and place them in a shallow dish. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade, pour over the duck and mix well to coat thoroughly. Cover and leave in a cool place for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a preheated wok or... - 36.4627
Dried Fruit And Nut Mix
1. Heat a 9-inch nonstick skillet.
2. Add almonds and sunflower seed; stir constantly and toast over medium heat for about 2 minutes until almonds begin to turn golden.
3. Stir in coconut and cook for another 30 seconds.
4. Remove the... - 43.7856
Tagliatelle With Broccoli And Sesame
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and add the broccoli and corn. Return the water to the boil then remove the vegetables at once using a slotted spoon, reserving the water. Plunge them into cold water and drain well. Dry on kitchen paper... - 39.7826
In a vegetable steamer, steam celery until just tender.
Season to taste with seeds, salt, and pepper.
Sprinkle sunflower seeds over all and serve hot. - 28.2528
Royal Elizabethan Breakfast
1. Preheat the broiler on medium high.
2. Cover a baking tray with aluminum foil.
3. Evenly spread the sunflower seeds and almonds on foil covered baking tray.
4. Place on level nearest to broiler heat source.
5. Toast for about two or... - 46.3381
Crunchy Granola With Berries And Cherries
1. Preheat the oven to fan 170C/ conventional 190C/gas 5.
2. Place nuts in a zip lock bag.
3. Lightly crush the nuts using a rolling pin.
4. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
5. In a small bowl or cup, combine and... - 40.6825
Nutty Maple Granola
The Natural Princess indulges in her sweet tooth and makes some nutty maple granola. It's snack time. - 118.631
1) Set the oven temperature to 350°F before toasting.
2) On a baking sheet, spread the oats and toast for about 10 minutes in preheated oven,shaking the pan once, until they become lightly browned and releases an aroma.
3) Take a large... - 46.285
In large mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, coconut, peanuts, sunflower seeds and wheat germ.
In small mixing bowl, combine honey and oil.
Pour over oat mixture, stirring well to coat evenly.
Microwave at high (10) 5 to 10 minutes until mixture is... - 42.4407
Carrot Raisin Salad
1) In a pan, toast the sunflower seeds.
2) In a mixing bowl, dice the celery and shred carrots.
3) To the prepared vegetable mixture,... - 45.1973
1) In a large bowl, add all the ingredients , mix well.
2) Serve when desired. - 31.419
Saute apple and onion over low heat in oil until soft but not brown.
Mix in flour and curry powder.
Add cream and stir until thickened.
Serve over long grain brown rice or over vegetables and garbanzo beans.
Serve some or all of the following condiments which... - 33.2161
Melt the butter in a soup pot or dutch oven; saute the onions and celery until they are soft. Stir in the whole wheat flour and cook for about 1 minute. Add the stock, celery seed, and salt.
Bring the mixture to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer about 25... - 36.2295
Prepare the vegetables and combine them with the sunflower and sesame seeds in a mixing bowl.
Smooth the ricotta with a fork and then blend in the yogurt and mayonnaise. Season with salt and paprika to taste.
Combine the dressing with the vegetables.... - 36.6648
In a 3-quart bowl, bring honey to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
Add peanut butter and blend; microwave 30 seconds.
In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
Stir into hot honey mixture.
Press into a 7 x 11 x 2-inch dish.
Cover and chill. - 35.0647
Frenched Beans With Celery
Place beans in colander; rinse well.
Snap off stem end from each bean.
Slice beans lengthwise on cutting board; set aside.
To prepare celery, trim stem ends and leaves from ribs.
Reserve leaves for garnish, if desired.
Slice celery thinly on the... - 33.1772
Spicy Sweet Potatoes
Beat the milk and eggs together; stir them into the mashed yams and blend thoroughly.
Mash up the ricotta cheese so it isn't in one lump; stir the spices and sunflower seeds into it. Then add the mixture to the yams, and blend well. (Stir in the honey.)
... - 33.6743
Fruit And Cheese Salad Pockets
Drain fruit cocktail.
In medium bowl, combine fruit cocktail, sunflower seeds, celery and parsley; mix gently.
Combine ricotta, mayonnaise, onion and cumin in small bowl; mix well.
Gently toss fruit mixture with ricotta mixture.
Spoon into pita bread halves;... - 34.8672
Combine mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, honey and Garden Blend in small mixing bowl; whisk until blended.
Combine beans and onion in medium bowl.
Pour mayonnaise mixture over; lightly stir into beans.
To serve, arrange lettuce on serving plate.
Spoon bean salad... - 37.4297
Positive Power Salad
1. In a pan, toast sunflower seeds in a 325°F (160°C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
2. In a large salad bowl, combine broccoli, mushrooms, cauliflower, jicama, carrots, squash, zucchini, sprouts, green onions, apples, raisins, almonds and... - 32.1088
Orange Mesclun Salad
You can make a salad out of anything. When my fridge was nearly empty all I found was an orange and red and green mixed mesclun so I added toasted sunflower seeds and made a salad. It's simplicity makes a great compliment to a complex meal. I tossed it with... - 122.564
Golden Oat Bake
This Golden Oat Bake recipe is absolutely delightful and great to pep up those weekday breakfasts. This nutritious Golden Oat Bake dish is sure to catch you by surprise and get you hooked to it. Trust me! - 41.6832
Chicken, Broccoli And Grape Salad
Chicken, Broccoli And Grape Salad is an easy to prepare recipe which you will simply love. I bet, you will surely get a huge fan following for this Chicken, Broccoli And Grape Salad! - 42.9535
Buckwheat Salad With Arame
The Buckwheat Salad With Arame is sure to win a few hearts over. The dish offers a surprising mixture of unexpected flavors. Serve the nutritious Buckwheat Salad With Arame at home and watch how everyone gets addicted to it! - 41.8286
Vegetable Rice Salad
Steam squash until tender-crisp.
Place in a large bowl.
Add rice, onion, bell pepper and sunflower seeds.
In a blender or the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine remaining ingredients except parsley.
Process... - 45.029
Wild Rice Salad
1.Cook wild rice in a large pan of boiling water for 20-25 minutes or until grains burst.
Add white and brown rice during last 12 minutes of cooking.
Drain and set aside to cool.
2.Combine rice, mint, sunflower seeds, ginger, kiwi fruit and sultanas in a... - 42.3718
Nutty But Nice Granola
PREHEAT THE OVEN to 350°F IN A LARGE BAKING PAN (at least 12 by 15 inches and at least 2 inches deep), place the honey, butter, water, and vanilla.
Heat the pan in the oven until the butter is melted, about 5 minutes.
PUT THE POPPED POPCORN in a food... - 41.0357
Hot Cheese Soup
Melt the butter in a large soup pot; saute the onion, carrots, celery, green pepper, and hot pepper until all the vegetables are soft, but not brown.
Stir in the whole wheat flour and heat for 1 minute; add the stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
Use a... - 39.036
1)Preheat the oven to 300 Deg F.
2) In a large saucepan, add water, oil, honey, vanilla and cinnamon; mix well and heat; stir in the oats, wheat germ, almonds and cashews.
3) Spread the mixture in a roasting pan and bake in the ... - 41.2138
1) Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves and keep aside.
2) In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar, stir in the
eggs, pumpkin, milk and the dry ingredients gradually, blend well until... - 40.8868
Curd Cheese And Pineapple Potatoes
1) With a knife, cut the potatoes into half, lengthwise.
2) Then, scrape out the pulp gently. Do not break the skin.
3) In a bowl, place the pulp and mash well.
4) To this, add the cheese.
5) Then add the chopped pineapple and sunflower... - 40.627
If you think bagels only come with lox, then check out this delicious, light, and healthy version utilizing vegan cream cheese and lots of fresh vegetables. - 115.56
Yellow Tomato Mole Sauce
1) In a saucepan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion over moderate heat. Saute till the onions turn soft in about 5 minutes.
2) Add in tomatoes, pepper, chicken stock and turn up the heat to medium high.
3) In the centre of a large cheesecloth, place... - 44.3428
Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
1) In a saucepan, cook the rice and soy grits together until tender.
2) In a pan, sautÃ© the onion over medium heat.
3) Add the onions into the rice and soy grits, along with nuts, caraway seed, raisins and salt.
4) Pour in sufficient tomato sauce to... - 44.9006
Walnut Ginger Bread
Beat honey and butter well.
Add the eggs and beat well.
Add the molasses and continue beating.
Sift the dry ingredients together and add them alternately with the milk.
Pour in an oiled and floured 9x13 inch pan.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes at... - 43.6689
Salad With Creamy Mustard Vinaigrette
Preheat oven to 300Â° F.
Place sunflower seeds in baking pan and bake 12 minutes, or until very lightly browned.
Remove from pan and let cool.
In a blender, process dressing ingredients until creamy.
Toss salad greens with 5 tablespoons of dressing and... - 39.0281
Mediterranean Spiced Pumpkin Soup
This pumpkin soup combines the wonderful savory flavors of fall with the Mediterranean to warm you up on a cold day. It combines fresh ingredients with fragrant spices that go together to make this pumpkin soup so flavorful. It is wonderful when served with... - 129.928
Fresh Vegetable Salads
These Fresh Vegetable Salads taste yummy with your rice and noodle dishes ! Try these Fresh Vegetable Salads with your favorite dishes and tell me if you like them ! - 29.3867
Healthy Tomato And Avocado Sandwich
If you want to enjoy quick and delicious sandwich in your home kitchen, try Tomato and avocado sandwich that would impress you beyond measure. This is different from a typical sandwich with exotic flavors of tomato and avocado making it an unique one. Make... - 103.378
Yellow Squash Rice Pilau
1) Preheat the oven to 250°F and toast the sunflower seeds to a pale golden brown.
2) In a saucepan, add the squash slices and pour boiling water enough to cover them.
3) After 2 minutes remove the saucepan off the flame and drain off... - 46.9906
Crunchy Nut Muffins
Stir all of the dry ingredients together. This should include the seeds, nuts, and raisins.
In a separate bowl beat the egg; add the milk, oil, honey, and blend.
Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the liquid mixture all at once. Stir just enough to... - 32.3723
Divide the banana slices between 4 small bowls.
Place the oats and milk in a pan, mix well and bring to the boil.
Stir as the porridge thickens.
After about 5 minutes, when the porridge has thickened, pour into serving bowls.
Drizzle with maple syrup or honey... - 32.3489
Carrot And Date Salad
1 In a bowl full of ice-cold water, immerse the lettuce for 10 minutes.
2 Drain thoroughly.
3 Spread the carrots in the middle of the lettuce leaves.
4 Place in the refrigerator and chill.
5 Sprinkle the dates and almonds over the... - 45.7213
Red And Wild Rice Salad
1. In a cooking pot boil water.
2. Add rice while stirring continuously.
3. Cover the pot and lower the heat. Simmer for 45 minutes so that the rice is cooked.
4. Check if rice is cooked. Cover and let it sit for 10 minutes more so that excess... - 49.4883
Sesame Nut Butter
Toast sesame seeds in a heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until golden brown.
Quickly remove seeds from skillet to prevent burning.
Combine cashews and sunflower seeds in a blender or food processor.
Process on high speed until... - 26.8383
Cumin Spiced Apricot Chicken
1. Remove any excess fat from the chicken legs.
2. Use a small sharp knife to carefully cut the flesh away from the thigh bone.
3. Scrape the meat away down as far as the knuckle. Grasp the thigh bone firmly and twist it to break it away from the... - 38.9011
Crosscourt Cabbage Salad
In a 2-quart saucepan, over medium heat, toast the almonds and sunflower seeds, stirring constantly to prevent burning, 2 to 3 minutes.
Set aside to cool.
In a jar or bottle with a tightly fitting lid, combine the oil, sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce; shake... - 37.4552
Snow Pea And Green Bean Salad
In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, the oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
In a large saucepan of boiling salted water cook the green beans for 4 minutes, add the snow peas, and cook the vegetables for 30 seconds.
Drain the vegetables, transfer them... - 23.1176
Green Pasta Salad
Cook noodles in rapidly boiling water until al dente.
Cool quickly under cold running water; drain thoroughly .
Transfer to large bowl and toss gently with green onion, dressing and pimientos.
Combine equal parts mayonnaise and sour cream and add to pasta... - 36.5515
If you have a blender, blend the rolled oats to make oat flour. If not, leave them whole for a muffin with a more distinctive texture.
Stir all of the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
Combine the egg, sour milk, oil, and honey. Make a well in the... - 33.2394
Mix salad greens with other salad ingredients.
Mix dressing ingredients together.
Pour on dressing and mix.
At last minute add 1/2 pkg.crumbled Fritos. - 35.9783
Even if you are an amateur at fudges, I bet you that this Carob-Nut Fudge will turn out great for you. This Carob-Nut Fudge is an old family recipe. You will like it for sure! - 30.2754
In skillet, toast almonds and sesame seeds over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes or until fragrant.
In large bowl, combine broccoli, bean sprouts, mushrooms, onions and sunflower seeds.
Add toasted almonds and sesame... - 39.6268
1. In a sauecpan, bring water to a boil, mix in oats, prunes and cinnamon and simmer for five minutes till oatmeal is thick
2. Add sunflower seeds and honey
3. Serve with fresh orange juice - 33.6117
1)Toast the porridge oats,oatmeal,sunflower seeds,sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds, individually in the oven or in a saute pan.
2)Let them cool sufficiently.
3) Mix the... - 39.8661
Healthy Roasted Beet Salad
All you need to pull off this great meal together is yummy, colorful, earthy flavored beet. A powerhouse of antioxidants, this yummy salad makes for a great side dish and goes well with all non-vegetarian dishes. - 131.895
Place all ingredients into a large bowl or pan, and mix lightly but thoroughly.
For use away from home, package each half cup of mix in a small plastic bag, and close it securely.
For home snacking, store in canisters or jars. - 28.1442
Fried Rice Patties With Peanut Sauce
In a medium saucepan bring water to boiling; add rice.
Return to boiling; reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes or till rice is tender and water is absorbed.
While rice is still warm, add the beaten egg, chopped onion, green pepper, peanuts, sunflower seed,... - 41.786
Whole Meal Salad
Toss all ingredients together except the last four. Divide between four serving plates.
Top each with 1/4 cup cottage cheese. Surround with zucchini, carrot and sprouts. Serve with your favorite salad dressing. - 31.3888
Quinoa And Corn Grits Polenta With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
To make the polenta:
1. Toast the sunflower seeds in a medium skillet, shaking the pan frequently, for about 3 minutes or until golden.
2. Put 3 cups of water into a medium saucepan, add the salt and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and bring to a boil. Add... - 41.2102
Low Fat Coleslaw
1) In a small bowl, combine the the mayonnaise, yogurt, Tabasco sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Then place the dressing in the refrigerator until needed.
2) Quarter the cabbage and discard the centre stalk. Shred and wash the cabbage leaves, then... - 42.4178