Split Pea Soup
- » Thick Split Pea Soup
Thick Split Pea Soup Recipes
Enjoy our collection of thick split pea soup recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for thick split pea soup recipes.
Spiced Split Pea Soup
1. Combine all ingredients, except for salt, in a 3-quart glass casserole. Cover. Set microwave oven at Time Cook (power level 10) for 8 minutes, and then Time Cook (power level 5) for 40 minutes. Stir occasionally.
2. Turn soup into blender or food processor... - 31.8153
Vegetable And Split Pea Soup
How about a nice thick soup for a great warm feeling? The recipe calls for split peas, which is what gives it a nice thickness. Further flavored with herbs and vegetables, this is a great healthy option. This soup takes a little time, so you need to plan... - 121.172
Split Pea And Ham Soup
Split pea and ham soup is a light and refreshing soup made with split peas and ham with bones. Prepared with added veggies and milk or cream, the split pea and ham soup is simmered to cook and can be served with breadsticks. - 32.1518
Vegetarian Split Pea Soup
Pick over, wash, and drain the split peas.
In a large, heavy pot, heat the oil, and saute the garlic, onion, celery, and carrot until they are yellow but have not browned.
Add all the remaining ingredients except the parsley and the croutons.
Bring the soup... - 43.5892
Split Pea Soup Jardiniere
Split Pea Soup Jardiniere is a mouth watering appetizer. An easy to prepare split pea recipe wont let you forget its taste forever. So, give it a try and squander its taste! - 44.099
Split Pea Soup
Wish to surprise your guests with something extraordinary?. Well, this Split Pea Soup is all set to perk-up the meal this time. Equally popular with children and adults, this Split Pea Soup is simply irresistable to make them go drooling! - 45.9145
Split Pea Soup
Place the split peas in a 2-quart saucepan with enough water to cover the peas by 2 inches.
Bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for 1 hour.
Drain and rinse the split peas.
In a heavy pot, heat the oil and saute the... - 43.5884
Dutch Split Pea Soup
Cut off and discard tough green tops, outer leaves, and root ends from leeks.
Split leeks lengthwise and rinse well; slice thinly and set aside.
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat, stir bacon often until brown.
With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon... - 41.8809
Healthy Split Pea Soup
1. Wash and drain the split peas. Pat dry
2. In a large kettle with a tight fitting lid, pour in all the ingredients and mix well
3. Place the kettle on a high flame and bring to the boil. When the mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat and simmer,... - 40.8872
Split Pea Soup
1) Wash and sort the peas.
2) Add water 2 inches above the peas and soak overnight. Drain.
3) Transfer the peas into a pot with 2 quarts water, vegetables, ham and seasonings and allow to boil.
4) Place a lid and lower heat. Simmer for 3 hours,... - 45.18
Split Pea Soup
Combine dried peas and water; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 1 hour or until peas are soft.
If a smooth soup is desired, press peas through a sieve, return to sauce pot.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer gently about 30 minutes.
If... - 37.6747
Chunky Split Pea Soup
1. Place all of the ingredients in a 6-quart pot, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2. hours, or until the peas are soft and the soup is thick.
2. Ladle the soup into individual serving bowls. - 32.0716
Split Pea, Bean And Barley Soup
In large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add onions and cook, stirring, until tender.
Rinse split peas and lima beans, discarding any shrivelled or discolored ones.
Add to saucepan along with barley, water, bay leaf and celery seeds.
Bring to boil;... - 39.31
Microwave Cooked Split Pea And Lentil Soup
1) Into a 5-quart casserole, add in the bacon. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes, or till the bacon browns slightly.
2) Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat, discarding the rest.
3) Add in water, split peas, lentils, onion, garlic, salt,... - 47.1871
Puree Of Split Peas
Pick over 1 cup. dried split peas, cover with cold water and let soak overnight.
Drain, add 2 qts. cold water, a 2-in. cube salt pork, and 1 small onion sliced.
Simmer 3 1/2 to 4 hrs. or until soft.
Press through a sieve and add instead of vegetable water and... - 19.4169
Split Pea And Barley Soup
1) Take a saucepan with boiling water and add split peas, ham hocks and barley in it. Simmer for about 45 minutes.
2) Take out bones and trim fat from meat. Place meat back in the pot.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 45... - 43.0216
Split Pea-vegetable Soup
Heat water and peas to boiling in 4-quart Dutch oven.
Boil 2 minutes; remove from heat.
Cover and let stand 1 hour.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until peas are tender, about 1 hour.
Skim off foam if necessary.
Cut sausages into 1/2-inch... - 42.5119
Split Pea & Rice Soup
Bring water to a full boil in a 4-quart pot. Add all ingredients except tamari or soy sauce. Bring to a second boil.
Reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add more water if soup seems too thick.
At end of cooking... - 32.689
Split Pea Soup
Combine all ingredients in a heavy kettle. Cover and bring to boil. Simmer on low heat for about 2 hours, or until vegetables are tender. Remove ham bone; cut away all ham bits to go into the soup. You will find this to be a very thick soup, but nicely... - 23.0343
Split Pea Soup With Roasted Pork Belly
Virgo and the Nervous System
SPLIT PEAS: These great dried peas have been used as healing remedies as well as a great protein source for hundreds of years. They are nutritious and delicious with anti-depressant, anti-anxiety properties, great... - 39.0338
Pois Potage De Schickelgruber German Split Pea Soup
1) Roughly chop onion, carrot, leek and lettuce.
2) Allow peas to come to a boil after covering it with water.
3) Cook the peas for 5 minutes and then soak for several hours.
4) Drain the peas thoroughly.
5) Melt margarine and cook the... - 45.9569
German Spaetzle Green Split Pea Soup
In a large heavy pot, cook the bacon 1 minute.
Add the onions, celery, carrot, and pepper.
Cook until the vegetables are soft.
Pour in the broth, stir in the peas, and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes, or until the peas are just about cooked.
Add the meat or... - 42.7829
Thick Bean And Grain Soup
1. Put the soybeans, barley, and cracked wheat in a large bowl. Cover well with cold water and let soak overnight.
2. Put the soybeans, barley, and wheat with the soaking liquid in a large kettle. Add water to give a depth of 2 inches above the soybeans. Add... - 36.4642
Dutch Pea Soup
A delicious cheap soup.
Soak pig's knuckle in cold water overnight.
Soak pig's foot overnight also if it is salted.
Soak dried peas for 24 hours.
Place drained dried peas and water in a large heavy pan, cover, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 hours.
Add the... - 43.1927
Split Peas With Vegetables
Taste adventure! Yellow split peas are flavored with a sampling of the spices, vegetables and fruit commonly found in the cuisine of India. - 37.196
Green Pea Soup
1) Take a heavy 6 to 8-quart casserole. Add the split peas, pig's feet, salt pork and water.
2) Allow it to come to a boil over high heat. Using a spoon, skim off the foam and scum as they rise to the surface.
3) Turn the heat settings to low,... - 43.8449
Double Pea Soup With Vienna Sausage
Heat the oil in a large saucepan or 5-quart Dutch oven over moderate heat for 1 minute.
Add the sausages and saute, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned about 2 minutes.
Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the onions and garlic and saute, stirring... - 44.6118
Ham And Pea Soup
1. Drain the split peas in a colander and discard the soaking water.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onion, carrot and two-thirds of the bacon and cook gently for about 15 minutes, or until soft. Add the drained split peas, bay leaf, ham bone and... - 34.0253
Bonus Pea Soup
1. In large kettle combine all ingredients and simmer with cover for 1 hour such that peas are soft.
2. Take out ham bone, cut off bits of meat and add to soup.
3. Season, if needed, with salt and pepper and remove bay leaf.
4. If the soup is... - 36.1041
Bonus Pea Soup
1. Combine ham bone, water, split peas, carrots, onion and bay leaf in large kettle; cover, simmer 1 hour, or until peas are soft.
2. Take out ham bone; cut off bits of meat and add to soup. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed; remove bay leaf.... - 26.2141
Try this alluring Cream Of Pumpkin Soup recipe. An easily prepared pumpkin recipe, this Cream Of Pumpkin Soup is a dish which you will always love to serve in your party. - 44.5538
Combine the peas, water, salt, curry powder, tomatoes and onions.
Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, about forty five minutes, or until the peas are tender and the consistency is that of thick pea soup.
Add the remaining ingredients and simmer ten minutes... - 36.4861
Scandinavian Yellow Pea Soup
1. Take a bowl and add lots of water and soak peas in it. Allow it to stay overnight or quickly soak it and drain the water.
2. Take a large kettle and add peas and water into it and boil it over low heat.
3. Cover and simmer over... - 45.4092
Yellow-pea Soup With Pork
In deep, 8-quart kettle, combine peas, bay leaf, and 2 quarts water; bring to boiling.
Reduce heat, and simmer, covered and stirring occasionally, 1 hour.
Add pork shoulder, onion, salt, marjoram, gin- ger, thyme, and pepper; bring to boiling.
Reduce heat,... - 37.6556
Norwegian Pea Soup With Salt Pork
1. Sort peas, place in a large, heavy kettle, add water and salt pork. Bring slowly to boiling over moderate heat; cover and let bubble gently 1 1/2 hours.
2. Add carrot, celery, green onions, salt and the pepper; cover and simmer 30 minutes. Uncover, turn... - 32.08
Chick Pea Soup By Tarla Dalal
This Lebanese soup is delicious! Throw in garlic, onions, tomatoes, and potatoes with a sprinkling of coriander; the flavors come together beautifully. This soup tastes great when chunky, but you could blend it into a creamy, thick soup as well. Serve... - 0
Vegetable Soup Par Excellence
Simmer soupbone in 3 quarts water in kettle for 2 hours.
Add barley, split peas, lentils and navy beans; simmer for 1 hour longer.
Remove soupbone; cut off meat.
Return meat to stock.
Add remaining ingredients.
Add water if... - 43.113
Green Banana Soup
In a large saucepan, stir-fry the salt pork until fat is clear and pork begins to color.
Add stewing beef and onions, stir-fry until lightly browned.
Add water and bring to a boil.
Stir in the next five ingredients.
Cover and cook on low heat for 2 1/2 hours... - 45.3868
Pistou Soup With Sausage
Cut off and discard all but 3 inches of green tops from leeks.
Split leeks lengthwise and rinse well, then thinly slice crosswise.
In a 6- to 8-quart pan, brown sausages over medium-high heat, stirring often.
Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the... - 43.0372
Combine the split peas and chicken broth in a pot and bring to a boil.
Remove scum from the top.
Add the spices in the cheesecloth, the turmeric, and the salt.
Cover, lower heat, and simmer gently for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until peas are tender.
Remove... - 44.3409
Beef, Bean, And Barley Soup
Pick over lima beans and soak overnight.
Brush pan with oil and brown soup bones.
(If skimpy, add about 1/2 pound beef chuck.) Saute the carrots, onion, and celery in oil.
Add bouillon, dill, garlic powder, salt, and parsley.
Drain lima beans, retaining... - 43.4578
1. In a large heavy soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-low heat.
2. Add pancetta and cook for 10 to 12 minutes until some of the fat is released.
3. Then stir in carrots, onions, garlic, and leeks.
4. Cook with occasional stirring over low heat for... - 48.366
Eggs, Pate And Pease Pudding
Boil the split peas till they are soft enough to form a thick pureeÃ¢â‚¬â€or pease pudding.
Drain and mash.
Keep the water they were cooked in: it makes an excellent soup, with a little butter mixed with flour added to it.
Toast 4 very thick large... - 24.7982
Clean and wash dal thoroughly.
Put dal in heavy-bottomed 3-4-quart pot, add 5 cups water, and bring to a boil.
Remove the froth and scum that collects at the top.
Now add the garlic, ginger, parsley, turmeric, and cayenne pepper.
Cover, leaving the lid very... - 47.644
Chicken Lolo Suvu
Section chicken removing flesh from back and breast.
Leave flesh on legs, wings, etc.
Prepare stock using back, breast, neck and water.
Strain stock and then reduce to one cup by boiling.
Mash garlic with enough salt to take up moisture.
This should... - 46.0038