- » Thick Lentil
Thick Lentil Recipes
Enjoy our collection of thick lentil recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for thick lentil recipes.
Thick Lentil Soup
1) Slice salami into 1/4 inch strips.
2) In a heavy kettle, heat fat and brown salami strips slowly in it.
3) Sauté onions and minced garlic for 5 minutes and stir in water, washed lentils, celery, green pepper and spices.
4) Cover and... - 41.7106
Thick Lentil And Spinach Soup
1) Take a large kettle; cover it after putting lentils and water in it.
2) Boil until soft for 1 1/2 to 2 hours careful not to be mushy.
3) If necessary, pour in enough water to maintain the consistency of a soup.
4) Take a small skillet; heat oil in... - 37.1255
You May Also Like!
Thick Oxtail Soup
Thick Oxtail Soup is prepared out of beef tail and is a specialty for winter lunch. Heaped barley, lentils, chopped celery ribs with pinch of black pepper brings back the lost warmth on a cold afternoon. Recently I have tried the recipe of Thick Oxtail Soup... - 38.6453
Thick Mixed Vegetable Soup
Soak the lentils for 12 hours.
Then boil them for 2 hours on a moderate heat in salted water or stock, with the leeks, carrots and celery.
Then pass them through a sieve together with the other vegetables.
Re-heat the resulting soup.
Break the yolks of egg... - 31.3361
Thick Bean And Grain Soup
1. Put the soybeans, barley, and cracked wheat in a large bowl. Cover well with cold water and let soak overnight.
2. Put the soybeans, barley, and wheat with the soaking liquid in a large kettle. Add water to give a depth of 2 inches above the soybeans. Add... - 34.7344
Cream Of Lentil Soup
This Cream Of Lentil Soup makes for a compelling Appetizer for party meals. - 43.8018
Tomato rasam is an integral part of a south Indian meal. In fact no South Indian meal is complete without this spicy, watery soup that could be eaten at the beginning of the meal as an appetizer, with rice as a side dish or at the end of the meal as a... - 94.7808
Potato And Lentil Goulash
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a pan, melt the butter and sautÃ© the onion until soft.
3) Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and tomato puree into the onions.
4) Take the pan off the heat and blend in the sour cream and season to... - 45.693
Auvergne Lentil Casserole
1) Into a flame-proof casserole, add in the lentils. Pour enough cold water to cover the lentils. Let the water boil. Then cover the casserole and simmer for 30 minutes.
2) Add the onions, carrots, leek and parsnips into the casserole. Drop in the... - 45.4806
1) Rinse the lentils thoroughly with cold water.
2) In a saucepan, bring the lentils, water and beef broth to a boil, cover and cook over a low heat for 1 hour, or until tender.
3) In a skillet, saute the onions and garlic in the butter... - 46.5279
1) Wash the lentils.
2) In a large kettle, place the lentils with water, carrots, seasonings and ham hock.
3) Chop the frankfurters into ¼-inch slices and add to the soup. Cook for about 10 minutes. The soup is traditionally a thick preparation but if... - 41.0073
Knackwurst And Lentil Casserole
Put the lentils, stock, salt to taste, the skinned, whole onion and bouquet garni in a saucepan.
Bring to the boil, then simmer for 1 hour or until the lentils are tender.
Drain the lentils, reserving any cooking liquid.
Discard the onion and bouquet... - 41.7183