- » Thick Clam Chowder
Thick Clam Chowder Recipes
Enjoy our collection of thick clam chowder recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for thick clam chowder recipes.
Thick Clam Soup
Are you a seafood lover? Then, try this exotic and quick to make clam chowder recipe from Chef john . A delicious, traditional, cream based chowder, this recipe calls for the standard chowder ingredients: onion, celery, clams, and milk. This recipe is easy... - 94.5549
Creamy Clam Chowder With Bacon Slices
Rinse fresh clams.
Place fresh clams and 2 cups water in a 4-quart pot; bring to a boil.
Cover and cook until clam shells open, about 10 minutes.
Discard any clams that do not open.
Drain clams, reserving cooking liquid.
Remove and discard clam shells.
Chop... - 45.2386
This old north eastern favorite-clam chowder, has turned out to be one of my favorites. This Clam Chowder is very much traditional and has got everything to remind you of a North-Eastern trip. Make it soon! - 38.1052
American Clam Chowder
Scrub the clams and steam over a cup of boiling water until open.
Remove the tough parts of the clams and coarsely chop the rest, reserving all the juice and water they steamed over and straining it through a fine sieve to remove all grit.
Fry the bacon a... - 39.0932
Slow-cooked Manhattan Clam Chowder
If you are keeping an eye on your weight, better stay away from this Manhattan Clam Chowder recipe. For those of you who are trying it, here is an incredibly delicious bowl of chowder waiting for you. Njoy! - 31.0882
Providencial Clam Chowder
Place the clams in a large pot, add water, and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
Cook gently until the clams open, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove the clam meat, chop coarsely, and set aside covered.
Discard the shells.
Strain the liquid through a double... - 44.6118
Vegetable, Bacon And Clam Chowder
Want to learn how to make the perfect clam chowder that promises to taste really good? Then watch this video and follow the recipe detailed in it. You will end up with great tasting, impressive chowder, we promise! - 83.8411
New England Clam Chowder
New England Clam Chowder is perfect for all the seafood lovers out there. The flavor and texture of this clam soup y is simple irresistible. Try this brilliant New England Clam Chowder recipe! - 47.8617
Toss cheese with cornstarch.
In small saucepan, combine cheese mixture, undrained clams, milk, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.
Add tomato soup.
Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
Ladle into 2 bowls and top with toasted bread.
Sprinkle with... - 38.4447
Outdoor Cast Iron Hartman Family Clam Chowder
Seafood appetizers are good for any occasion rendering immense flavor and texture. Here is a simple recipe to make clam chowder with chopped clams, some vegetables and seasonings cooked outdoor. Enjoy the soup amid fresh natural surroundings! - 122.501
Market Street Clam Chowder
Combine melted butter and flour in ovenproof container and bake at 325Â° for 30 minutes.
In large saucepan, combine remaining ingredients except half & half.
Simmer until potatoes are thoroughly cooked.
Stir butter-flour mixture into chowder and stir until... - 40.2889
New England Clam Chowder
Homemade clam chowder is a classic comfort food that is hearty and satisfying. Watch this video to make a thick soup with vegetables, clams and meat.
The dish is low fat, healthy and delicious, a must try on a cold winter night. The video is interesting, step... - 113.973
Clam Chowder With Milk
If fresh clams are used, scrub them well and place in a pan with about 1 cup water in the bottom.
Cover and bring to a simmer; steam about 5 minutes, or until shells open and clams are just tender.
Pull clams from shells; strain liquid through a fine-mesh... - 42.8628
Spicy Manhattan Clam Chowder
Heat a saucepan, add bacon and cook gently.
Peel and slice onions and add to pan.
Cook till transparent.
Blanch and peel tomatoes.
Finely chop leeks and celery.
Peel and finely chop carrot and potatoes.
Add to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add... - 44.4648
Sea Shell Clam Chowder
1) Heat butter and sauté pork in it until golden brown.
2) Stir in onion and sauté them until tender.
3) Heat butter till it melts and then mix in flour.
4) Slowly pour in milk, stirring, until the mixture becomes thick and smooth.
5) Season it with... - 42.3664
Power Clam Chowder
Cook salt pork in heavy pot until fat is rendered out and meat is just a golden brown.
Add butter and onions.
Cook and stir until onions are tender.
Blend in flour thoroughly.
Meanwhile cook potatoes and celery about 8 minutes or until tender in small amount... - 41.9
Vegetable Clam Chowder
Vegetable Clam Chowder is an amazingly delicious main course meal recipe version. An easy to make chowder recipe, you will simply find this recipe both mouth-watering and amazingly tempting. - 37.8662
1) Take a heavy 1 1/2-quart saucepan and cook bacon until crisp. Keep the heat on medium.
2) Remove the bacon from the pan and drain excess grease on a paper towel. Retain the drippings in the pan.
3) Now, add onion, potatoes and mushrooms to the pan.... - 41.7009
Tomato Clam Chowder With Garlic Toasts
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the tomatoes, broth, half of the garlic, the sugar, and pepper, and break up the tomatoes with the back of a spoon. Cover and bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, reduce the heat to medium-low,... - 36.6995
1. Cook the bacon in a 3-quart saucepan over moderately high heat until crisp—about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon to paper toweling to drain. Set aside.
2. Reduce the heat to moderate, add the onion to the bacon drippings in the... - 39.9629
Manhattan Clam Chowder
1) Cut the bacon into ½-inch pieces and fry them in a large saucepan or kettle till the meat is brown and crisp.
2) Add the pepper flakes, onions and celery flakes and continue to cook till the onions are light brown in color.
3) Add water and mix... - 45.5071
Tomato Clam Chowder With Garlic Crostini
1 In a medium saucepan, combine the tomatoes and their juice, the chicken broth, half the garlic, the sugar and pepper. Break the tomatoes up with a spoon. Bring the mixture to a boil, covered, over medium-high heat.
2 Meanwhile, peel and cube the potatoes.... - 42.2475
Manhattan Clam Chowder
1 If using fresh tomatoes, in a pan, bring water to a boil and drop in the tomatoes for 15 seconds.
2 Remove carefully and peel off the skins using a small sharp knife.
3 Remove the stems and cut the tomatoes crosswise in half.
4 Carefully... - 45.1915
Curried Clam Chowder
Preheat a 4 1/2-quart sauce pan over medium-high heat until rim of pan is hot-to-the-touch.
Add oil and wait for about 1 more minute.
Add shallots and ginger.
Cook, stirring often, until shallots begin to soften (about 2 minutes).
Then add curry powder and... - 42.7042
Sour Cream Clam Chowder
Clam Chowder has a lovely taste. Clam Chowder gets its taste from Bacon mixed with clam broth and cream. Clam Chowder is inspired by many food chains worldwide. - 36.5511
Simple Clam Chowder
Clam Chowder has a Fantastic tasteThe Black Pepper and Potatoes gives the Clam Chowder Lips smacking taste. - 33.9916
Boston Clam Chowder
1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, sauté the bacon until crisp.
2. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Keep aside for garnish.
3. To the drippings in the pan, add onion and sauté until soft yet translucent.
4. Add... - 46.3584
Bacon Clam And Corn Chowder
1. Put bacon in a heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until it starts to become crisp and some drippings have rendered, about 3 minutes. Spoon off 2 teaspoons of rendered fat, leaving about 1 teaspoon in the pan.
2. Add... - 32.5643
Creamy New England Clam Chowder
1. Drain minced clams and combine the clam juice with enough bottled juice to equal 3 cups. Reserve
2. In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, fry the bacon for about 8 minutes, over medium heat, until lightly brown and crisp.
3. Add the... - 44.621
New England Clam Chowder
Coarsely chop clams with chef's knife; set aside.
Add bottled clam juice and enough water in glass measure to equal 2 cups; place in Dutch oven.
Add potatoes, dried thyme and pepper; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are... - 45.8584
Hot New England Clam Chowder
1) Chop the bacon into ½-inch pieces and fry them over low heat till the meat is crisp.
2) Add the onion, potatoes, Bon Appetit, salt, pepper and water.
3) Bring the contents to a boil, reduce the heat and gently simmer for about 10 minutes.
4) Add... - 45.4542
New England Clam Chowder
1. Drain clams, reserving liquid; set both aside.
2. Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add onion, turkey-bacon, and garlic; saute 5 minutes. Add reserved clam liquid, potato, thyme, and bottled clam juice; bring to a... - 34.3699
Classic New England Clam Chowder
Drain clams, place in Large pan with wine, cover, bring to boil; simmer about 3 minutes or until shells open, discard any that do not.
Drain clams over medium heatproof bowl; reserve liquid.
Remove meat from clams; discard shells.
Strain reserved liquid... - 44.789
New England Chowder
Arrange bacon in 3-quart casserole.
Cook, covered with paper towel, at HIGH 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove bacon and crumble; set aside.
Into bacon drippings, add onion.
Cook at HIGH 2 minutes.
Stir in flour.
Add enough milk to reserved liquid to equal 2 1/2 cups;... - 42.3778
Oyster Chowder With Cheese Wafers
This Oyster Chowder With Cheese Wafers is a delicious baked chowder dish. Try this seafood assortment and let me know if you like it ! Your suggestions for this Oyster Chowder With Cheese Wafers is welcome ! - 47.0007
Yaquina Bay Salmon Chowder
Rinse salmon and pat dry.
In a wide frying pan, combine broth, clam juice, and wine.
Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and place salmon in liquid.
Cover and simmer until salmon is opaque but still moist in thickest part; cut to test 10 to 12... - 43.5022
Creamy Shrimp Bisque
Blend the shrimp and chowder in an electric blender and blend for 1 minute. (If you do not have a blender push through a sieve)
Add cream, sherry, parsley and bring to boil.Serve immediately garnishing with a dot of sour cream and a sprinkling of chives. - 31.3538
In A Honey Curried Seafood Chowder
Measure thickness of fish.
Cut fish into 1-inch pieces.
Cover and refrigerate the fish till needed.
In a medium saucepan stir milk into clam chowder.
Stir in apple, curry powder, and lemon juice.
Bring almost to boiling.
Carefully add fish to soup... - 34.9825
Shellfish Vegetable Chowder
1 In a pan, add the shrimps, cover with boiling water and cook.
2 Drain and reserve the liquid.
3 Peel the shrimps and devein.
4 In a large kettle, add the bacon and cook until crisp.
5 Remove the bacon, and pour off half the fat.
6 In the... - 43.2571
Quick Seafood Chowder
Empty tomatoes into a large heavy saucepan and chop with the edge of a can.
Add the herbs and seasonings and heat slowly to a boil.
Simmer about 10 minutes.
Stir in undiluted clam chowder.
Discard cartilage in the lobster claws and drain the lobster, crab... - 37.8941
Seared Cod With Chowder Sauce
1) In a pan, saute the shallot and lardons or bacon in the melted butter for about 5 minutes until soft.
2) Stir in the wine, potato and 50ml water, then cook covered for 10 minutes, stir occasionally until soft.
3) Tip in the clams, cook covered for... - 41.354
Yankee Fish Chowder
1. In 5-quart Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until browned. Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain; crumble.
2. Discard all but 2 tablespoons bacon drippings from Dutch oven. Add carrots, celery, and onion; cook, stirring... - 34.779
Picnic Corn And Seafood Chowder
1. In a kettle or a saucepan, combine all ingredients and give a good stir.
2. Place kettle on a low flame and simmer liquid for 10 minutes until well heated.
3. Ladle into warmed soup bowls.
4. Serve hot accompanied with crusty bread.... - 41.1209
Quick Manhattan Style Chowder
Brown bacon with garlic in heavy-bottomed large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
When bacon is almost crisp, add onion and green pepper and saute until tender .
Stir in stock and tomatoes.
Add clams and barley and blend well.
Bring mixture to... - 39.81
Combine potatoes, onion, celery, 1 teaspoon salt and the water in deep kettle cover and simmer until tender about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile heat Mazola oil in top of double boiler, stir in flour and rest of salt.
Stir until smooth; add next four ingredients,... - 39.1792
Mexican Shellfish Chowder
In a 6- to 8-quart pan, combine broth, wine, bay leaf, garlic, saffron, and chiles.
Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, whirl tomatoes until coarsely pureed; set... - 42.1089
A delicious soup featuring pork roast and an abundance of fresh vegetables. You can switch up your meat choice to customize your dish. Top with bacon, chives or croutons. - 117.721