- » Tea Cake
Tea Cake Recipes
Tea cake is any kind of bread or cake served along with tea, usually evening teas. This variety of cakes has a moist texture and is seldom iced and is often rich in ingredients like butter, eggs, chocolate, etc. Tea ... More »
1. In a mixing bowl, add butter and flour. Rub and mix them together with hands, until they form small little granules.
2. Throw sugar, baking powder, all spice, and currants in it. Mix.
3. Add eggs, and just enough milk to stir it into soft dough.
4.... - 129.541
Quick Mantovana Tea Cake
Tea cakes are delicious snack for the tea time and even in kids lunch box, if you too want to bake one, we have a quick video on it. In the video, chef prepared Mantovana tea cake. It is quick, easy and very tasty. - 118.67
Almond Tea Cake
Want to bake the perfect tea cake for your afternoon tea get togethers? Want a treat that can be whipped up in minutes and is sure to please everyone's taste buds? Then watch this video and surprise your guests with a yummy almond cake. Get ready to amaze! - 81.7595
Glazed Gingerbread Tea Cake
Looking for a simple tea cake recipe that doesn't take very long to prepare but is impressive and yummy? Then you must watch this video. Learn to make a tender, moist gingerbread tea cake that you are sure to love! - 81.4304
Aloha Tea Cakes
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Grease cookie sheets with shortening.
3) Put coconut in ungreased shallow pan.
4) Bake for 4 to 6 minutes stirring occasionally.
5) In large bowl add granulated sugar, brown sugar and 1 cup butter. Beat... - 48.7266
Old Fashioned Tea Cakes
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Lightly grease a baking sheet with fat or oil.
3. In a bowl, cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy and add egg and vanilla.
4. In a bowl sift flour, measure and sift again... - 48.6019
Citron Tea Cake
This citron tea cake recipe makes a cute little bake that few can resist. Prepared with a batter of flour, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla with nutmeg for flavor, the citron tea cake is filled with chopped citron and pecans and baked. With a sifted sugar... - 48.5727
1. Take a mixing bowl, add butter and soften it.
2. Mix powdered sugar and eggs and beat to a creamy form.
3. Stir in vanilla and whisk till the mixture turns fluffy.
4. Add nuts and mix well.
5. Take the chocolate kiss and arrange dough around each... - 47.7495
1. Cream the yeast and sugar together until smooth.
2. Slowly mix in the milk and blend thoroughly.
3. Cover and leave in a warm place for 5-10 minutes until frothy.
4. Combine together the flour, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
5. Rub or... - 47.4117
1. Preheat the oven at 325°F/170°C (Gas Mark 3).
2. Grease and line a 7-inch (18 cm) round deep cake tin with greased greaseproof paper.
3. Chop the dates.
4. In a pan bring to simmering point placing the chopped dates with mixed dried... - 47.0161
Bishop's Fruit And Chocolate Tea Cake
1 To prepare the fruit: In a small bowl,mix the candied fruit, currants, and rum and set aside to plump for 1 hour.
2 Stir in the almonds and chocolate, then toss with the flour.
3 To make the cake: Place a rack in the center of the oven and... - 46.347
Pastel Tea Cakes
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2) Cream the shortening, then gradually stir in the sugar and cream together until light.
3) Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
4) Combine the flour, baking powder and salt together, then beat... - 45.8077
Date Walnut Tea Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees C.
2) Grease a loaf pan of 9x5 size and keep it aside (2 mini loaf pans can also be used).
3) Mix all the ingredients (except walnuts and date pieces) in a food processor. (stop the machine a couple... - 45.3218
Russian Tea Cakes
This Russian Tea Cake is so wonderfully delicious that it is hard to resist! Follow this simple recipe, and stock up on your own soft and spongy tea cakes! - 45.1919
Currant Tea Cake
Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
1.In a bowl, mix flour with butter and stir until thick mixture is formed.
2.Add 1/2 cup peanuts to the mixture and stir well.
3.Take a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish and put the mixture in it.
4.Put the... - 44.5177
Tea cakes are simple vanilla cakes made with milk, sugar, eggs and shortening. Baked as cupcakes, these tea cakes are simple, sweet and delicious. Topped with jam or served plain, these tea cakes liven up any afternoon tea gathering. - 44.3182
Quick Tea Cake
1.Pre-heat the oven to Regulo 7, or 425°F.
2. Lightly flour a baking a tray.
3. Wash and clean dried fruit; drain well.
4. Sieve flour, salt and spice into a warm bowl. Rub in margarine. Add dried fruit and all except 1 tsp. sugar.
5.... - 44.3014
Morning Tea Cakes
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with no-stick spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cornstarch, lemon rind, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 1/4 cup of the sugar.
Cut in the margarine or butter until... - 44.192
Russian Tea Cakes
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Blend butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy and smooth.
3. Sieve flour and salt together and transfer to the creamed mixture.
4. Add nuts to the mixture, stir well and refrigerate.
5. Make balls of... - 44.0975
Orange Tea Cakes
1. Preheat oven to 340°F
2. Grease a cookie sheet with butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift in flour and stir in the almonds, orange peel and powdered sugar.
4. Add the cream and food coloring and beat with a wooden spoon to bind... - 43.8451
Aunt Neal's Old Fashioned Tea Cakes
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating well.
Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour... - 42.9011
Ginger Tea Cake Cookies
Combine brown sugar and margarine in a medium bowl, stirring well.
Stir in egg substitute and vanilla.
Combine flour and next 4 ingredients, stirring well.
Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture, mixing well.
Stir in crystallized ginger.
Cover and chill... - 42.6123
Orange Tea Cake
Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
In a large mixer bowl beat butter on medium speed of electric mixer for 30 seconds.
Gradually add sugar, beating till well combined.
Add eggs one at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition.
Beat in... - 42.0731
Blueberry Tea Cake
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Butter 3 9-inch pie plates.
In a medium-size bowl, mix blueberries with 1/4 cup flour, and set aside.
Sift remaining flour into another medium-size bowl together with baking powder and cinnamon.
Stir in cornmeal, and blend... - 41.7449
Grandma's Old Fashioned Tea Cakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease a cookie sheet and set aside
3. In a large bow, cream the butter and the sugar
4. Add the eggs to the mixture and mix well
5. Sieve together the baking powder and the flour
6. Add the flour... - 41.6814
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C, Gas Mark 8.
2. In a large warm bowl, tip in the flour and salt and add butter while rubbing it in to form breadcrumb like mixture.
3. In another bowl, mix the yeast and sugar and pour the flour mixture into... - 41.6304
Raspberry Yogurt Tea Cake
Cream butter and sugar; add egg and vanilla.
Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with yogurt until just blended.
Spoon into greased 8-cup tube mold or 9" angel cake pan.
Bake 50 minutes at 350°.
Cool in pan on rack 10 minutes.
Loosen around edge and... - 41.2561
Granary Tea Cakes
1. Put the butter and milk into a small ovenproof bowl and microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes until the butter melts. Stir the mixture well and cool it until tepid.
2. Put the flour and salt into an ovenproof glass bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds to... - 40.7855
Lemon Tea Cake
Heat oven to 350°.
In large mixer bowl combine all cookie ingredients except flour, lemon peel and food coloring.
Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until very light and creamy (2 to 3 minutes).
By hand, stir in flour until well mixed.
In small bowl... - 40.4327
Cinnamon Tea Cake
Grease a deep 20cm round cake pan or deep 20cm sandwich pan, cover base with greaseproof or baking paper.
Grease greaseproof paper lightly; it is not necessary to grease baking paper.
Place butter and essence in small bowl, beat on medium speed with... - 40.2183
Almond Tea Cakes
Stir lemon juice into milk.
Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Beat margarine or butter for 30 seconds.
Add 3/4 cup sugar, beating till fluffy.
Add egg and extract; beat well.
Add dry ingredients and milk alternately to beaten... - 39.3888
Classic Cranberry Tea Cake
Thoroughly grease and flour 12-cup fluted bundt cake pan.
With an electric mixer, beat margarine.
Gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Sift dry ingredients together and add... - 39.0548
Lemon Tea Cakes
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Beat in lemon juice and peel.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
Fill greased or paper-lined... - 38.9087
Currant Tea Cakes
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Sieve in flour with sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix melted shortening and beaten egg in milk. Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Mix in washed, dried and floured currants and blend well to form a stiff... - 38.6937
Yorkshire Tea Cake
Prepare the yeast liquid: mix the compressed yeast with the warm liquid until dissolved or dissolve 1 teaspoon sugar in the warm liquid and sprinkle in the dry yeast.
Leave in a warm place for about 10 minutes or until dissolved and frothy.
Mix the flour and... - 38.6692
Lemon Tea Cake
Soften yeast in water in large mixer bowl.
Add dry coconut cream pudding mix, salt, butter, 1 1/2 cups flour and 1 egg.
Blend well; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of mixer.
By hand, gradually stir in remaining flour.
Cover; let rise in warm place until light... - 38.3728
Butterscotch Tea Cake
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add egg, beat well.
Fold in sifted flour and baking powder alternately with the milk.
Turn mixture into greased 8 in. sandwich tin.
Bake in moderate oven, Mark 4, 350°F., 40 to 45 minutes, or until cake is... - 38.2867
Citron Tea Cake
Cream first four ingredients.
Add brown sugar gradually and continue creaming until fluffy.
Add eggs and beat thoroughly.
Dredge citron and nuts with 1 tablespoon of the sifted flour.
Sift remaining flour and baking powder together.
Add small amounts to the... - 38.0092
Raspberry Tea Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch round cake pan; set aside.
2. Place almonds in food processor. Process using on/off pulsing action until almonds are ground, but not pasty.
3. Combine flour, sugar and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry... - 37.8801
Strawberry Cream Tea Cake
1. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. On the coarse side of a box grater, grate the butter into a bowl, then place back in the freezer for 5 mins. With a spatula, quickly mix the butter with the flour, baking powder and sugar, add the milk and lemon juice,... - 37.8186
Tea Cake Recipes By Category