- » Tamarind Paste
Tamarind Paste Recipes
Enjoy our collection of tamarind paste recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for tamarind paste recipes.
Tangerine Tamarind Sauce
1) Bring the sugar and vinegar to a boil in a saucepan.
2) Add the ginger along with the tangerine peels. Gently simmer till the liquid has reduced by half. This generally takes about 15 minutes.
3) Take the pan off the heat and strain the liquid into... - 32.3287
Tamarind Rice (easy)
Heat oil in a pan or kadhai.
Add urad dal,chana dal and cook it till it turns light brown.
Now add asafoetida ,mustard seeds,cumin seeds and let it crackle.
Add curry leaves ,red chilies,split green chilies and saute it for a minute.
Add groundnuts and cook... - 42.4783
Date And Tamarind Chutney
1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor with 150 ml / 1/4 pint water and salt to taste. Grind for about 1-1 1/2 minutes, stopping halfway through to gather the mixture down from the sides.
2. Check to see it is smooth. - 29.0345
Cut fish into 8 slices through the bone.
Wash and drain thoroughly.
Rub in salt and marinate for 1 hour.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan over moderate heat.
Add onion and saute till honey-coloured.
Lower heat, mix in ground spices and fry for 3-5 minutes,... - 46.2254
Date And Tamarind Chutney
1. Place the dates, tamarind paste, tomato puree, sugar, ginger, ground coriander, chilli powder, salt, vinegar and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium high heat. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 7-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and... - 33.8953
Potatoes And Aubergines In Tamarind
Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan and add the onion seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
Fry for about 20 seconds then add the onions, continuing to stir-fry until the onions are golden brown.
Lower the heat and add the ginger, ground coriander,... - 40.018
Classic Date And Tamarind Chutney
Rinse the sultanas and dates, drain and place in a saucepan with the hot water.
Bring to the boil.
Remove the pan from the heat and add the tamarind, brown sugar, chilli powder, ground coriander, ground cumin, salt, ginger powder and malt vinegar.
Return to... - 42.4762
Dumplings In A Sweet And Sour Yogurt Sauce With Tamarind Sauce
1. Place the urad dhaal powder in a mixing bowl with the baking powder, ginger, fresh coriander and green chilli. Add 300 ml (1/2 pint) of the measured water and mix to make a thick batter.
2. Heat the oil in a karahi or large saucepan, add the batter about 1... - 35.9248
Red Carrots With Rice And Tamarind Sauce
Red carrots with rice and tamarind sauce is an amazing dish using red carrots and it tastes great even though it is cooked in a simple manner the meat and rice add body to this dish. The tamarind adds a nice kick to its overall flavor. Watch the video for... - 115.619
In a small mixing bowl pour the boiling water over the tamarind.
Using the back of a wooden spoon, press the tamarind against the side of the bowl.
Let stand, covered, at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Add the sugar; stir till dissolved.
Pour mixture into a... - 33.0796
Date Tamarind Chutney
Date Tamarind Chutney or Sweet Chutney is an extremely popular condiment for most North Indian 'Chaat' dishes. Its tangy taste and smooth texture are perfect to tickle your taste buds and add the extra zing to snacks/appetizers like Sev Puri, Dahi Batata... - 43.97
This is my favourite pork dish, robust in flavour and the meat melts in the mouth. My mother usually cooks a large pot of this in the hope that it could be eaten over a few days, as the repeated reheating improves the flavour. In our house, it rarely lasts... - 43.3775
Calamari And Shrimp With Spicy Tamarind Sauce
Stephanie, The Posh Pescatarian, takes you on an adventure to South East Asia. The beautiful country of Vietnam to be exact and creates an incredible squid and shrimp in spicy tamarind sauce served with brown rice. You don't want to miss this! - 102.672
Tamarind Chicken Curry
A mouth watering South Indian curry which goes well with steamed rice and rice vermicelli and best eaten hot at any time of the day. - 0
Eggplant Curry With Tamarind And Yogurt
Curries are an integral part of every cuisine and here is one of the delectable curries of Indian and SriLankan cuisine, egg plant curry with tamarind and yogurt. Learn how to make this king of vegetables in curry form through this video. - 116.501
Whole Chick Peas In Tamarind Sauce
Cook the whole chick pea sprouts with adequate water for 10 15 minutes till they turn soft.
Leave to cool.
Meanwhile grind the onion, ginger, garlic and green chillie to a paste.
Extract tamarind juice From the soaked tamarind.
Heat the oil in a thick... - 42.1782
Mussels With Tamarind
1. Place mussels, lemon grass, lime leaves, ginger, coriander roots and water in a saucepan, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until mussels open. Remove from heat and discard any mussels that have not opened after 5... - 36.9574
Chili Sauce With Tamarind
Blend shrimp powder, chilies and garlic in small bowl.
Mix in shrimp paste.
Add fish sauce, sugar and tamarind and stir until sugar is dissolved. - 26.3476
Date Tamarind Chutney
Grind all the ingredients together in the blenderiser to form a fine paste.
Stays for up to a month if well refrigerated. - 24.468
Tamarind Roasted Chicken With Lemongrass
Chicken is an all time favorite and what better when it is combined with tamarind to give it that perfect tangy taste. Watch the video for step by step instructions. This video is in Filipino language. - 62.1842
Curry Leaf Tamarind Chutney
1. Wash the leaves thoroughly, and leave in a colander for the water to drain.
2. Take out the extract of tamarind - approximately 1-1 1/2 cups.
3. Grind to a paste the fried ingredients along with the curry leaves and salt.
4. Heat the oil, add the mustard... - 41.0469
Tamarind Beef Balti
1. Soak the tamarind overnight in the water. Strain the soaked tamarind, keeping the liquid.
2. Put the tamarind, tomato puree (paste), sugar, ginger, garlic, salt and onion into a food processor or blender and mix to a smooth puree. Alternatively, mash the... - 33.5184
Tamarind And Dates Chutney
This complex, tart chutney may be served as a relish with fries, papads or pakoras.It is also used to add tangy flavor to chaat or Indian street foods or Indian tea time snacks. - 44.6547
1. Clean and cut fish into slices.
2. Cover with plenty of salt and keep aside for 24 hours turning it over 3 or 4 times so that fish is well salted.
3. Cover tamarind with vinegar and let it soak for 5-6 hours. Let it marinate thoroughly and then squeeze all... - 45.2449
Tomato Tamarind Chutney
1. Wash, wipe dry and chop the tomatoes. Clean the tamarind removing the pips and seeds, and make into a ball.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil, and add the tomatoes and turmeric powder. Mix. Place the tamarind ball in the middle of the tomatoes and cook all... - 40.8495
Fish Curry With Tamarind
1. In a large, deep skillet, bring the water to a simmer with 1 tablespoon of salt over high heat and stir to dissolve the salt. Add the grouper fillets to the salted water and poach over low heat for 6 minutes, until the fish is partially cooked. Using a... - 36.1472
Lentils With Vegetables And Tamarind
1. Mix together the toor and masoor dhal and wash them twice, running your fingers through them.
2. Drain them and put in a heavy-based saucepan. Add to this the ginger, garlic, turmeric, chilli powder, ground coriander, salt to taste, onion and curry leaves,... - 33.5173
Authentic Homemade Pad Thai Sauce
Thai cooking offers a wide range of sauces to be used or served in or with food and here is a recipe to make one. Check out the chef in the video making traditional Pad Thai Sauce in an easy way that is also easy to store. Great flavorful treat! - 111.186
put water on stove
add all ingredients and bring it to boil (except tadka items
make a good tadka with groung masala and top it on rasam and simmer
Your rasam is ready. - 38.4799
* Method for doing puli kaaichal paste :
* Soak the tamarind in 2 cups of water and leave it for 15 mins or heat in microwave for 30 sec. Then squeeze out and take 3 cups of the tamarind water.
* In pan pour oil, put the dry red chillies cut into 2 pieces... - 48.5303
Puliogre Gojju Making Made Easier
Many South Indians living abroad crave for homemade Puliyogare. It is difficult to find the ready to use tamarind rice mix at the local supermarkets. In such situations it is best to make you own Puliyogare Gojju or masala paste so that you can prepare the... - 71.7373
Roasted Chile Paste (nam Phrik Pao)
This a favourite condiment as well as a flavour giving ingredient for soups, stir-fried dishes, noodles, rice, dipping sauces, and even as a salad dressing. The flavour is addictive and you will find yourself spreading it on a piece of toast or crackers. It... - 48.5862
Fried Clams In Roasted Chili Paste
1. To clean, scrub clams with a light brush, and then soak them in 4 quarts of water mixed with 1/3 cup of salt for 15 min. Repeat 2-3 times.
2. For roasted chili paste, in wok heat oil, add shallots and garlic in it. Fry until golden brown.... - 99.6149
Sambal Mint Paste
1) Take a food processor bowl and add all the ingredients in it.
2) Process until the mixture is blended to a paste.
3) Use as required. - 26.9241
Tamarind Paste Recipes By Category