- » Tamarind Paste
Tamarind Paste Recipes
Enjoy our collection of tamarind paste recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for tamarind paste recipes.
Tangerine Tamarind Sauce
1) Bring the sugar and vinegar to a boil in a saucepan.
2) Add the ginger along with the tangerine peels. Gently simmer till the liquid has reduced by half. This generally takes about 15 minutes.
3) Take the pan off the heat and strain the liquid into... - 34.7324
Tamarind Roasted Chicken With Lemongrass
Chicken is an all time favorite and what better when it is combined with tamarind to give it that perfect tangy taste. Watch the video for step by step instructions. This video is in Filipino language. - 62.1385
Tamarind Rice (easy)
Heat oil in a pan or kadhai.
Add urad dal,chana dal and cook it till it turns light brown.
Now add asafoetida ,mustard seeds,cumin seeds and let it crackle.
Add curry leaves ,red chilies,split green chilies and saute it for a minute.
Add groundnuts and cook... - 40.8168
Date And Tamarind Chutney
1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor with 150 ml / 1/4 pint water and salt to taste. Grind for about 1-1 1/2 minutes, stopping halfway through to gather the mixture down from the sides.
2. Check to see it is smooth. - 30.3759
Cut fish into 8 slices through the bone.
Wash and drain thoroughly.
Rub in salt and marinate for 1 hour.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan over moderate heat.
Add onion and saute till honey-coloured.
Lower heat, mix in ground spices and fry for 3-5 minutes,... - 45.866
Potatoes And Aubergines In Tamarind
Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan and add the onion seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
Fry for about 20 seconds then add the onions, continuing to stir-fry until the onions are golden brown.
Lower the heat and add the ginger, ground coriander,... - 40.6128
Date And Tamarind Chutney
1. Place the dates, tamarind paste, tomato puree, sugar, ginger, ground coriander, chilli powder, salt, vinegar and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium high heat. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 7-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and... - 34.899
Classic Date And Tamarind Chutney
Rinse the sultanas and dates, drain and place in a saucepan with the hot water.
Bring to the boil.
Remove the pan from the heat and add the tamarind, brown sugar, chilli powder, ground coriander, ground cumin, salt, ginger powder and malt vinegar.
Return to... - 43.0008
Dumplings In A Sweet And Sour Yogurt Sauce With Tamarind Sauce
1. Place the urad dhaal powder in a mixing bowl with the baking powder, ginger, fresh coriander and green chilli. Add 300 ml (1/2 pint) of the measured water and mix to make a thick batter.
2. Heat the oil in a karahi or large saucepan, add the batter about 1... - 33.6268
In a small mixing bowl pour the boiling water over the tamarind.
Using the back of a wooden spoon, press the tamarind against the side of the bowl.
Let stand, covered, at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Add the sugar; stir till dissolved.
Pour mixture into a... - 34.2314
Kathirikai Rasavangi - Baby Eggplants In Spicy Tamarind Sauce
Baby Brinjals are always special to me and I love them anyway they are cooked. Rasavangi is a spicy tamarind based sauce which when cooked with baby eggplants and dal makes it delicious, nutritious and filling. Serve this with hot steamed rice and papad and... - 0
Date Tamarind Chutney
Date Tamarind Chutney or Sweet Chutney is an extremely popular condiment for most North Indian 'Chaat' dishes. Its tangy taste and smooth texture are perfect to tickle your taste buds and add the extra zing to snacks/appetizers like Sev Puri, Dahi Batata... - 42.7078
This is my favourite pork dish, robust in flavour and the meat melts in the mouth. My mother usually cooks a large pot of this in the hope that it could be eaten over a few days, as the repeated reheating improves the flavour. In our house, it rarely lasts... - 40.0247
Calamari And Shrimp With Spicy Tamarind Sauce
Stephanie, The Posh Pescatarian, takes you on an adventure to South East Asia. The beautiful country of Vietnam to be exact and creates an incredible squid and shrimp in spicy tamarind sauce served with brown rice. You don't want to miss this! - 97.084
Tamarind Chicken Curry
A mouth watering South Indian curry which goes well with steamed rice and rice vermicelli and best eaten hot at any time of the day. - 0
Eggplant Curry With Tamarind And Yogurt
Curries are an integral part of every cuisine and here is one of the delectable curries of Indian and SriLankan cuisine, egg plant curry with tamarind and yogurt. Learn how to make this king of vegetables in curry form through this video. - 114.921
Whole Chick Peas In Tamarind Sauce
Cook the whole chick pea sprouts with adequate water for 10 15 minutes till they turn soft.
Leave to cool.
Meanwhile grind the onion, ginger, garlic and green chillie to a paste.
Extract tamarind juice From the soaked tamarind.
Heat the oil in a thick... - 44.3107
Mussels With Tamarind
1. Place mussels, lemon grass, lime leaves, ginger, coriander roots and water in a saucepan, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until mussels open. Remove from heat and discard any mussels that have not opened after 5... - 36.6984
Chili Sauce With Tamarind
Blend shrimp powder, chilies and garlic in small bowl.
Mix in shrimp paste.
Add fish sauce, sugar and tamarind and stir until sugar is dissolved. - 27.6855
Date Tamarind Chutney
Grind all the ingredients together in the blenderiser to form a fine paste.
Stays for up to a month if well refrigerated. - 25.9358
Curry Leaf Tamarind Chutney
1. Wash the leaves thoroughly, and leave in a colander for the water to drain.
2. Take out the extract of tamarind - approximately 1-1 1/2 cups.
3. Grind to a paste the fried ingredients along with the curry leaves and salt.
4. Heat the oil, add the mustard... - 41.7135
Tamarind Beef Balti
1. Soak the tamarind overnight in the water. Strain the soaked tamarind, keeping the liquid.
2. Put the tamarind, tomato puree (paste), sugar, ginger, garlic, salt and onion into a food processor or blender and mix to a smooth puree. Alternatively, mash the... - 36.1883
Tamarind And Dates Chutney
This complex, tart chutney may be served as a relish with fries, papads or pakoras.It is also used to add tangy flavor to chaat or Indian street foods or Indian tea time snacks. - 43.3787
Tamarind Peanut Chutney (dip)
Tamarind Peanut chutney is a perfect accompaniment to pongal. I always prefer to make this chutney over the normal coconut chutney or any other chutney. It adds a new dimension to your pongal. Try this recipe when you prepare pongal, you will definitely love... - 0
1. Clean and cut fish into slices.
2. Cover with plenty of salt and keep aside for 24 hours turning it over 3 or 4 times so that fish is well salted.
3. Cover tamarind with vinegar and let it soak for 5-6 hours. Let it marinate thoroughly and then squeeze all... - 45.2039
Tomato Tamarind Chutney
1. Wash, wipe dry and chop the tomatoes. Clean the tamarind removing the pips and seeds, and make into a ball.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil, and add the tomatoes and turmeric powder. Mix. Place the tamarind ball in the middle of the tomatoes and cook all... - 40.4726
Fish Curry With Tamarind
1. In a large, deep skillet, bring the water to a simmer with 1 tablespoon of salt over high heat and stir to dissolve the salt. Add the grouper fillets to the salted water and poach over low heat for 6 minutes, until the fish is partially cooked. Using a... - 37.6528
Lentils With Vegetables And Tamarind
1. Mix together the toor and masoor dhal and wash them twice, running your fingers through them.
2. Drain them and put in a heavy-based saucepan. Add to this the ginger, garlic, turmeric, chilli powder, ground coriander, salt to taste, onion and curry leaves,... - 35.562
Authentic Homemade Pad Thai Sauce
Thai cooking offers a wide range of sauces to be used or served in or with food and here is a recipe to make one. Check out the chef in the video making traditional Pad Thai Sauce in an easy way that is also easy to store. Great flavorful treat! - 107.852
put water on stove
add all ingredients and bring it to boil (except tadka items
make a good tadka with groung masala and top it on rasam and simmer
Your rasam is ready. - 36.9311
* Method for doing puli kaaichal paste :
* Soak the tamarind in 2 cups of water and leave it for 15 mins or heat in microwave for 30 sec. Then squeeze out and take 3 cups of the tamarind water.
* In pan pour oil, put the dry red chillies cut into 2 pieces... - 46.8127
Puliogre Gojju Making Made Easier
Many South Indians living abroad crave for homemade Puliyogare. It is difficult to find the ready to use tamarind rice mix at the local supermarkets. In such situations it is best to make you own Puliyogare Gojju or masala paste so that you can prepare the... - 80.1778
Roasted Chile Paste (nam Phrik Pao)
This a favourite condiment as well as a flavour giving ingredient for soups, stir-fried dishes, noodles, rice, dipping sauces, and even as a salad dressing. The flavour is addictive and you will find yourself spreading it on a piece of toast or crackers. It... - 43.6063
Fried Clams In Roasted Chili Paste
1. To clean, scrub clams with a light brush, and then soak them in 4 quarts of water mixed with 1/3 cup of salt for 15 min. Repeat 2-3 times.
2. For roasted chili paste, in wok heat oil, add shallots and garlic in it. Fry until golden brown.... - 98.0038
Sambal Mint Paste
1) Take a food processor bowl and add all the ingredients in it.
2) Process until the mixture is blended to a paste.
3) Use as required. - 28.6491
Crab Xec Xec
Crab xec xec is a peppy and savory crab recipe. Prepared with coconut and tamarind juice along with spices to taste, the crab xec xec has onions in it. With chilies for a little heat, the crab xec xec is great with rice. - 41.5037
This crab curry recipe is a seafood recipe prepared with crabmeat. Cooked with tamarind and coconut along with spices to taste, the crab curry has a rich gravy to it and can be served over rice. - 43.0277
Gaeng Khau Goong - Prawn And Pineapple Curry
Gaeng Khau Goong is a classic Thai curry that uses the Red curry paste. Prawns are simmered in coconut milk and red curry paste. This a dish where the heat from the chilli, sweet and sour from pineapple, saltiness from dried prawns - all blend well to form a... - 46.3879
Sanbal Bajak is easy to make recipe. Sanbal Bajak gets its taste from onion mixed with shrimp paste and flavored with lime juice. Sanbal Bajak is loved by many people around the world. - 35.493
1) In a mortar and pestle, crush the chile and garlic to a fine paste.
2) Add the paste into the salad bowl.
3) Stir in sliced tomatoes, papaya and carrot in that order.
4) Toss well.
5) In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by adding crab paste,... - 46.5964
Sweet N Spicy Apple Chutney
Peel off and cut the apples into small pieces
Grind with little water.
Heat oil in pan and add cumin seed, cardamom and cinnamon stick.
Add tamarind paste.
Add red chilli powder and apples
When the mixture is cooked, add salt.
Cook for 3 minutes
Chutney is... - 29.5795
Heat ghee in a pan and fry slightly crushed garlic till golden brown and keep aside.
Grind coconut, red chilli, tamarind paste and salt together to a coarse paste by adding about 1/4 cup of warm water.
Now add fried garlic and grind again to a smooth... - 31.0958
Secret Jerk Bbq Sauce
If you're looking for a nice BBQ sauce recipe then look no further. The secret ingredient in the recipe is jerk marinade. The sauce can be served with any BBQ. Watch the video as the chef makes the amazing BBQ sauce. - 95.3689
Leaving aside tamarind paste, curry leaves and water, coarsely grind all the other ingredients, including coconut, together.
While grinding, mix very little water, if at all necessary.
Take the coarse mixture in a pan.
Pour the water and put in curry leaves... - 42.4987
Place the drained chickpeas in a large bowl.
Chop the onion and keep aside.
Peel and dice the aloo.
Place the aloo in a sauce pan of water and boil until they cooked and drain and keep aside.
Mix the tamarind paste and water toegther in a small bowl.
Add the... - 46.442
1. In a small bowl add tamarind paste, pour water in it and microwave it for 45 seconds.
2. In a hot pan, heat oil, add urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chili, black pepper and crushed garlic, curry leaves, turmeric powder... - 86.5347
Coconut And Mint Raita
Raitas are extremely popular in India are prepared in many different ways. Each cook adds their own personal touch, including fruits, vegetables or fresh herbs, according to their taste. Raitas are served as an accompaniment to rise or spice curries, to... - 31.3273
1. Cook long beans and potato till tender.
2. Fry urad dal in 1tsp oil and fry till light brown and keep it aside.
3. Grind coconut, chillies and tamarind paste by adding about a cup of water to a coarse paste.
4. Now add the fried urad dal to the ground... - 42.3075
This recipe is from my friend Sue Anne Chang who is a Singaporean. Many versions of the Sambal KangKong will be seen across all Asian restaurants and households. Here is one such version that I absolutely love - 0
Peel dice and cook the wintermelon.
Grind coconut, red chillies, tamarind paste and half of the mustard seeds to a smooth paste and add it to the cooked wintermelon.
Add salt to taste and about 1/2 a cup of water.
When it starts to boil, cover and cook... - 39.3355
Wash and soak white beans overnight. Pressure cook along with diced potatoes.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry coriander seeds till light brown.
Put coconut, red chillies, salt and tamarind paste along with some warm water to a blender and grind them to a... - 41.125
1. Grind coconut, red chilli and tamarind paste by adding 1/2 a cup of water to a smooth paste.
2. Add salt and add 1/4 cup of water to make it a bit thin.
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil and add mustard seeds.
4. When they splutter add curry leaves and... - 35.8891
Panang Chicken Curry
Have you ever tried a Panang-style chicken curry? Here is an excellent video that shares this recipe for a flavorful curry. The chef cooks the dish so easily, that makes the video all the more presentable and the recipe more simpler! - 106.903
Vathal Kolambu has a great taste. Vathal Kolambu gets its taste from vegetable mixed with gram and rice powder. Vathal Kolambu is inspired by many food joints around the world. - 43.6185
The baghare baingan is an indian brinjal preparation that can be served with rice or rotis. The brinjals are microwave cooked with spices like red chilies, aniseed, turmeric, tamarind, cumin and coriander. - 40.6649
Wash shrimp well and marinade with tamarind paste, salt, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and chilly powder. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
Dry Roast coriander seeds, peppercorns, fenugreek, dry red chillies and grind them well along with shredded... - 35.2669
Lima Beans Gravy
Dry Roast Coriander seeds,Bengal Gram,jeera,cinnamon till it releases good aroma and keep it aside.In the same pan dry fry red chillies and then dry fry coconut.Allow all the ingrediants to cool and make a paste with a little water.
Pressure Cook toor dal... - 35.4962
Thai Red Chicken
1) Thinly slice the chicken.
2) With a sharp knife, peel the sweet potato and cut into cubes.
3) Heat a wok or heavy bottomed large pan on stove.
2) In heated wok or pan, add chicken slices and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
3) In the wok, add... - 43.046
Dice the tomatoes, roughly chop the cilantro.
Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.coriander seeds, green chillies, red chillies, chopped ginger one by one and saute till the coriander seeds turn light brown. Add coconut and saute again for few seconds. Keep... - 41.1158
1. Cook the baby potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl mix the tomato puree, tomato ketchup, tamarind paste, sugar, ginger, ground coriander, garlic, chilli powder and lemon juice with salt to taste... - 34.2661
Potato Sagle / Humman
This is one of the common and very easy recipes of Karnataka. There are many variations to this recipe. You can prepare the same curry using arbi. You can prepare the same curry using shrimp which we call shrimp ghashi in konkani. - 37.6929
Fish Alle Piyava Ghasi
1. Cut fish fillets into 2" pieces.
2. Prepare a masala by adding coconut, red chillies, tamarind paste, salt and about 1 cup of warm water.
3. Heat the pan and add the ground masala and water to make a gravy of desired consistancy.
4. Add ginger, green... - 38.2787
Hot And Sour Mushroom Soup
1. Place the tamarind paste, Thai chillies, garlic, Thai ginger, fish sauce, palm or caster (superfine) sugar, lime leaves and stock in a large preheated wok. Bring the mixture to the boil, stirring occasionally.
2. Reduce the heat and add the carrots,... - 38.405
Chick Pea Dal
1) Soak the kala chana overnight in plenty of cold water and sieve the pulses well.
2) In a saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
3) When hot, add the chili powder, turmeric, and caraway seeds and cook further for 2-3 minutes.
4)... - 46.9626
Groundnut chutney is a wonderful condiment/dip/side dish when served with Pongal, Idlis (Steamed Pancakes) or even Dosas (Indian Crepes). It is easy to make and can be stored in an air-tight container and refrigerated up to 1 week. Though Groundnut chutney... - 41.3836
1. In a kadai make tadka of mustard, urad dal and red chillies.
2. Then saute garlic and onions, after which add the pudina and coriander to it and roast till done.
3. Put this mixture in a mixie and grind to a coarse paste with salt and tamarind.
4. Your... - 34.4795
Chana masala is an indian chickepeas preparation made with masalas in a gravy base. The chana masala can be served with rice or totis and is quite filling and savory. This chana masala recipe can be cooked in the microwave with coriander powder, garam masala,... - 43.9156
Wash bittergourds, scrape gently and make a slit on one side to come three-quarters of the way up.
Carefully remove seeds and rub salt and turmeric all over bittergourds.
Set aside for 1-2 hours.
Place bittergourds in a pan with enough water to cover over... - 47.1604
Thakkali Poondu Thokku
Tomato garlic pickle is my favourite. Tangy, spicy, tasty tomatoes with garlic combines in to a delicious pickle. Try and enjoy! - 45.3983
Sambar is a traditional dish of South India cuisine. Here is a simple recipe for making this lip smacking delicacy. - 0
This is one of the side dishes from Mangalore, Karnataka, India. This is served as a side dish with rice. You can prepare the same dish with cauliflower with potatoes and onions or cabbage with potatoes and onions or by adding onions only or by adding... - 47.1483
Inippana Pakarkai Kari
Bitter gourd is any form is not really enjoyed by many. But those who like to eat this vegetable, enjoy different preparations using the vegetable. This dish is one variation that is popular in South India. Check out this recipe to know its preparation. - 0
Rava Dosa And Chutney
Mix rice flour, maida and rava with salt. Add enough water to make a thick batter without forming lumps.
Add chopped onion, cilantro and green chillies, add more water and make a thin batter of buttermilk consistency.
Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.... - 44.4569
Maharashtrian Alu Wadi
Alu wadi is a delicious and healthy snack. It is rare to find taro leaves in store, but when I get , I buy a bunch of it. Generally, when I have relatives at my place I make this quick snack for them and they relish it a lot! - 29.3367
Chicken Green Curry
1)Wash and place the In a bowl marinated the chicken in tamarind paste and a pinch of salt.
2)In a food processor add the red onions, green chilies, cumin seeds, ginger, coriander leaves and garlic and blend to a fine paste.
4)In a... - 0
Lauki/Sorakaya/Indian Bottle Gourd cooked and simmered in a tangy tamarind base sauce. - 40.996
Soak the tamarind paste in hot water to cover for about 15-20 minutes.
Squeeze the softened tamarind with your hand to extract as much pulp as possible and push it through a sieve.
Pour the measured water on to the pulp to loosen it and then set... - 45.6005
Cauliflower In A Hot And Sour Sauce
Break the tamarind paste down and soak it in the hot water for at least 15 minutes.
Squeeze out the water and push the tamarind pulp through a sieve.
Once all the pulp has been extracted, set aside in a bowl.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan,... - 42.0599
Potato song is one of the famous dish among the konkani community in the southern part of Karnataka. Using coconut oil gives an added taste to this wonderful dish. You can serve this dish with any type of dosa or idli or as a side dish with rice along with... - 40.4731
Fragrant Chicken Coriander And Coconut Curry
1. In a food processor, whizz together the coconut milk and coriander ( including the leaves and stalks), remove it to a dish and set aside.
2. In another smaller jar, add the garlic, ginger and chillies and whizz with sufficient water to turn... - 46.9853
Nam Prig Pad
This week I am making Nam Prig Pad I have spoken about this sauce on numerous occasions and this last week when I made my Pad Cha I used Nam Prig Pad again in the making of this Thai Food. I was hit with many emails this last week asking me to how to make Nam... - 136.288
Pluck spinach leaves and wash thoroughly.
Place all ingredients except ghee in a pressure cooker and cook under pressure for 10 minutes.
Heat ghee and pour over spinach.
Serve hot with roti. - 38.6609
Eggplant gojju is a popular dish of Indian cuisine and makes a good meal option. Watch the video to know how this tasty dish is made and once you do relish it with hot breads. - 80.7458
Chicken Curry - South Indian Style
This chicien curry is a south indian styled recipe for preparation of chicken. Cooked in the icrowave, this south indian chicken curry is flavored with tamarind paste, tomato puree, chilies, coriander and garam masala. Spicy and savory, the south indian... - 47.0166
1. Heat 1 tsp oil and fry the coriander seeds till golden brown.
2. Grind coconut, dry red chillies, tamarind paste and salt coarsely.
3. Now add the fried coriander seeds and grind again to a smooth paste. (Try to grind without adding water. If you want you... - 44.8223
1) Heat oil in a deep pan and add jeera, methi seeds, cloves, cinnamon, mustard & asafoetida. Once they cracle and splutter, add green chillies and ginger.
2) After a few seconds, add the methi leaves (no need to chop ) & salt. Fry this for 5 mins. Now add... - 35.1113
Ginger Curry - Onam Special
Ginger curry is a typical dish from the South Indian state of Kerala. It is also known as injikkari/puliyinji. The goodness of Ginger paired with other spices make Ginger curry a treat for everyone. This is a great side dish that can be made for Onam and... - 43.2935
Palak Lobia / Spinach And Black Eyed Beans Curry
Soak black eyed beans for 3-4 hrs, add salt and cook until tender.
Wash and chop spinach finely. Chop green chillies finely. Keep aside.
Grind a masala by adding cumin seeds, garlic, peppercorns, coconut, dry red chillies and 1/3 tsp tamarind paste and about... - 45.3188
Leftover Ham On Toast
Put the ham, potato, onion, ginger, garlic, and parsley through the fine blade of a meat grinder.
Add black pepper, cayenne pepper, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, and tamarind paste or lemon juice.
Mix well with hands.
You can do this much ahead of time and keep... - 44.4651
There are many variations to this recipe. You can substitute lobiya with Rajma or white beans or black beans. And you can also substitute potatoes with spinach or Chinese spinach. - 45.2851
Tamarind Paste Recipes By Category