- » Tamarind
Tamarind is a fruit famous for making sweet and sour tamarind recipes. Owing to its fleshy and highly acidic pulp, tamarind is widely used in giving tartness to various foods. Tamarind is famous throughout the world ... More »
Puffed Rice And Mango Salad
Puffed rice and mango salad is one snack, which is popular throughout India, with its variations in different states. This video shows how you can make this mouth-watering snack in no time and it is an amazing snack because the possibilities are endless and... - 128.575
Sweet Tamarind Chutney
If you are found of Indian snacks, then surely you would have come across many recipes that calls for sweet Tamarind Chutney. So, chef Manjula has come up with the recipe that's very handy when you have to prepare Indian snacks. This is probably her simplest... - 116.378
Red Carrots With Rice And Tamarind Sauce
Red carrots with rice and tamarind sauce is an amazing dish using red carrots and it tastes great even though it is cooked in a simple manner the meat and rice add body to this dish. The tamarind adds a nice kick to its overall flavor. Watch the video for... - 115.619
Tamarind And Pineapple Glazed Grilled Mahi Mahi
This grilled Mahi Mahi recipe will have you dreaming of Mediterranean beaches, or some exotic outdoor market in Southeast Asia! This Tamarind and Pineapple Glazed Mahi Mahi is bursting with flavor and combines both sweet and sour taste sensations. The recipe... - 97.2573
Tomato Tamarind Chutney
Heat the oil in a 2-quart pot over medium-high heat.
When hot, put in the asafetida, and a few seconds later, add the cumin and mustard seeds.
The cumin seeds will begin to darken in the hot oil within a few seconds.
Put in the chopped onions and minced... - 44.2443
Pork Chops Cooked With Whole Spices And Tamarind Juice
Soak the tamarind lump in 3/4 cup hot water for at least 2 hours.
Pat dry the eight pork chops with paper towels.
Trim off all but 1/2 inch fat along the sides.
Heat oil in a 10-12-inch heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat.
When oil is very hot, put in 4... - 44.0456
This is my favourite pork dish, robust in flavour and the meat melts in the mouth. My mother usually cooks a large pot of this in the hope that it could be eaten over a few days, as the repeated reheating improves the flavour. In our house, it rarely lasts... - 43.3775
Tamarind And Sesame Seed Chutney
Place the tamarind block in the hot water and leave for about 15 minutes.
Squeeze the pulp out and push through a sieve into a bowl to give a puree.
Add the sugar and set aside.
Dry roast the sesame seeds in a small saucepan until they change colour a... - 42.8553
1. Take a glass and fill it half with water and soak tamarind in it. Leave it overnight.
2. Take another glass and fill it half with water and soak jaggery in it. Leave it overnight.
3. Next day strain tamarind and jaggery by passing it... - 42.7091
Tamarind Rice (easy)
Heat oil in a pan or kadhai.
Add urad dal,chana dal and cook it till it turns light brown.
Now add asafoetida ,mustard seeds,cumin seeds and let it crackle.
Add curry leaves ,red chilies,split green chilies and saute it for a minute.
Add groundnuts and cook... - 42.4783
Whole Chick Peas In Tamarind Sauce
Cook the whole chick pea sprouts with adequate water for 10 15 minutes till they turn soft.
Leave to cool.
Meanwhile grind the onion, ginger, garlic and green chillie to a paste.
Extract tamarind juice From the soaked tamarind.
Heat the oil in a thick... - 42.1782
Fried Fillets In Tamarind Sauce
Heat the oil.
Leave 2 tbsps to saute the ginger and garlic.
Fry the fish fillets on both sides until crisp.
Remove the fillets and drain off excess oil.
Heat the remaining oil.
Saute ginger and garlic.
Add soya sauce.
Pour in the tamarind pulp followed by the... - 41.9548
Tomato Tamarind Chutney
1. Wash, wipe dry and chop the tomatoes. Clean the tamarind removing the pips and seeds, and make into a ball.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil, and add the tomatoes and turmeric powder. Mix. Place the tamarind ball in the middle of the tomatoes and cook all... - 40.8495
Tamarind Chutney With Bananas
Since the tamarind generally conies in a large block, tear off a lump about the size of a tangerine.
Soak it overnight in 2/3 cup hot water in a small nonmetallic bowl or cup.
(The water should cover the tamarind, so don't use a very wide bowl.) If you forget... - 40.3385
Gur Amli Nu Doru
Boil drumsticks till just done.
Heat ghee or oil in a pan and fry onions till light brown.
Add remaining chopped ingredients and powdered spices and saute for one minute.
Add gram flour and continue to saute for 1-2 minutes more, adding a little water if... - 40.328
Potatoes And Aubergines In Tamarind
Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan and add the onion seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
Fry for about 20 seconds then add the onions, continuing to stir-fry until the onions are golden brown.
Lower the heat and add the ginger, ground coriander,... - 40.018
1. Cook rice with salt, till just done, and cool.
2. Soak tamarind in water and extract the juice.
3. Roast black gram, Bengal gram and red chillies separately and grind to a coarse powder.
4. Heat oil, add asafoetida, mustard, peppercorns, turmeric, green... - 38.6311
Tamarind Sauce is an irresistible sweet sour combo that is a must try , especially with snacks like samosas, pakoras or fritters. Just try this Tamarind Sauce yourself and let me know if you like it ! - 37.9925
Mussels With Tamarind
1. Place mussels, lemon grass, lime leaves, ginger, coriander roots and water in a saucepan, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until mussels open. Remove from heat and discard any mussels that have not opened after 5... - 36.9574
1. Mash cocums to fine pulp and extract its juice by straining it through a nice cloth.
2. Take a bowl and add the strained cocum juice into it and add iced water, lime juice, cardamom powder, saffron essence, and sugar. Shake the juice well.
3. Chill... - 36.9526
Jerky Wings With Cool-down Apricot Tamarind Sauce
1. In shallow dish, place chicken wings in a single layer.
2. In a food processor or blender, combine all the marinade ingredients. Process 2 minutes, until very finely minced.
3. Spoon over chicken; cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours, turning... - 36.9052
Lime And Tamarind Bream
Combine tamarind concentrate and the water in medium bowl; stir in garlic, ginger, juice, chilli and lemon grass.
Divide lime leaves among fish cavities.
Score fish both sides; brush with one-third of the tamarind mixture.
Wrap each fish in foil,... - 36.6221
Dumplings In A Sweet And Sour Yogurt Sauce With Tamarind Sauce
1. Place the urad dhaal powder in a mixing bowl with the baking powder, ginger, fresh coriander and green chilli. Add 300 ml (1/2 pint) of the measured water and mix to make a thick batter.
2. Heat the oil in a karahi or large saucepan, add the batter about 1... - 35.9248
Tamarind Beef Balti
1. Soak the tamarind overnight in the water. Strain the soaked tamarind, keeping the liquid.
2. Put the tamarind, tomato puree (paste), sugar, ginger, garlic, salt and onion into a food processor or blender and mix to a smooth puree. Alternatively, mash the... - 33.5184
Stir Fried Tamarind Prawns
1. Place tamarind pulp and water in a bowl and stand for 20 minutes. Strain, reserve liquid and set aside. Discard solids.
2. Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over a high heat, add lemon grass or rind and chillies and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add prawns and... - 33.3703
In a small mixing bowl pour the boiling water over the tamarind.
Using the back of a wooden spoon, press the tamarind against the side of the bowl.
Let stand, covered, at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Add the sugar; stir till dissolved.
Pour mixture into a... - 33.0796
Tangerine Tamarind Sauce
1) Bring the sugar and vinegar to a boil in a saucepan.
2) Add the ginger along with the tangerine peels. Gently simmer till the liquid has reduced by half. This generally takes about 15 minutes.
3) Take the pan off the heat and strain the liquid into... - 32.3287
Remove and discard as much of the outer rind of the tamarind pods as possible.
Wash pods; break or cut into small pieces.
Place in saucepan; add water.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Remove from heat; cool.
Cover and chill several... - 32.288
1)In a bowl, soak tamarind in warm water for about 15 minutes, then rub it in the water and blend the two together.
2)Sieve the pulp and discard husk.
3)Add remaining ingredients as per taste.
4)Tamarind chutney can be served with snacks or... - 31.2743
Clean and wash the tamarind pods.
Place them in a large bowl, add the water and soak overnight.
Drain the liquid into another bowl and reserve.
Extract the pulp from the pods by pressing them with a wooden spoon through a fine strainer.
Strain the extracted... - 29.4936
1) In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients.
2) Stir over low heat, until the sugar melts. (Or, microwave on full power for 30 seconds.) - 26.5985
Chili Sauce With Tamarind
Blend shrimp powder, chilies and garlic in small bowl.
Mix in shrimp paste.
Add fish sauce, sugar and tamarind and stir until sugar is dissolved. - 26.3476
Date Tamarind Chutney
Grind all the ingredients together in the blenderiser to form a fine paste.
Stays for up to a month if well refrigerated. - 24.468
Aamli Nl Chutney ( Tamarind Chutney )
Place all the items in a saucepan with a cup of water. Bring to a fast boil, simmer for five minutes strain and allow to cool. Place in a bottle and chill in the refrigerator. Use as needed.
Take a cup of the tamarind chutney and add the chopped onions and... - 22.1482
Tamarind Pulp is a unique taste. The tamarind mixed is water gives the Tamarind Pulp a tangy taste. - 19.2736
Flat Iron Steak With Tamarind Demi
This Flat Iron Steak with Tamarind Demi is one of the perfect dishes of its kind I have ever tried. It has always been a hit within my circle, not just for its inviting taste, but also for its ease in preparation. Give this flat iron steak recipe a try and... - 16.1692
Tamarind Recipes By Category