- » Taffy
Taffy is a confection-specifically a soft and chewy candy resembling a toffee in its flavors. A favorite of children, the colorful confection is commercially available in fruity, molasses and unflavored versions. ... More »
Pulled Taffy Treats
1. Grease a large square plate or tray using butter and refrigerate.
2. In a heavy bottom stock pot/ sauce pan, combine sugar, vinegar, golden syrup and water. Mix well and cook on a low flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till sugar... - 43.9928
Old Fashioned Taffy
1) Take a small Dutch oven and mix the first five ingredients in it.
2) Cook over medium heat without any stirring until the soft crack stage of 270° is reached.
3) Remove the container from the flame and stir the vanilla in.
4) Take a jelly roll pan... - 41.702
1. Lightly toast the seasame seeds in a dry pan, over a low flame, stirring all the while until they let out a nutty aroma. Tip onto waxed paper and let them cool completely, stirring occasionally to distribute the heat.
2. Add the sesame into a food... - 40.297
Buttery Molasses Taffy
Butter a heavy 3-quart saucepan.
In pan combine sugar, water, molasses, butter or margarine, and corn syrup.
Cook over low heat, stirring till sugar is dissolved.
Bring to boiling; boil gently to hard-ball stage or till candy thermometer registers 266°.
Pour... - 40.1087
1) Lightly butter a large platter.
2) In a large saucepan, mix together sugar, butter or margarine, salt, molasses, water and vinegar.
3) Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
4) Raise the heat and cook, without stirring,... - 39.1446
Taffy tarts are simple cream cheese tarts flavored with vanilla. Made with eggs, butter, flour and sugar, the taffy tarts are simply baked to a beautiful golden brown and can be served as desired as dessert tarts. - 38.8737
1. In 2 qt. glass dish combine sugar, vinegar and water and microwave at high for 8-10 minutes, stirring after 6 minutes.
2. Measure temperature at 280 °F. (soft crack) and add vanilla.
3. Divide equally on 3 well-buttered glass plates and let it cool... - 36.6256
Mix sugar, syrup, and water in a heavy saucepan, drop in butter, and insert candy thermometer.
Heat, stirring constantly, over moderately high heat until sugar dissolves, then cook, uncovered, without stirring to 270° F. or until a drop of candy forms firm,... - 36.5001
Combine first 4 ingredients in saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until blended.
Cook to hard-ball stage or 265 degrees on candy thermometer.
Remove from heat; add soda and vanilla.
Beat until smooth and creamy.
Pour into shallow greased... - 36.0472
1) In a saucepan, boil sugar, molasses, vinegar along with water. Boil without stirring till it turns crisp when tested in cold water.
2) Add butter and let it cook for another 3 minutes.
3) Put in vanilla and turn it out on a buttered pan.
4)... - 34.889
Combine sugar, cream and syrup in heavy kettle; bring to a rolling boil.
Dissolve gelatin in 1/4 cup water.
Add to sugar mixture.
Add paraffin; stir in vanilla.
Cook to 250 degrees on candy thermometer, stirring constantly.
Pour mixture into large well-... - 34.0307
Mix sugar, molasses, and water in a heavy saucepan, drop in butter, and insert candy thermometer.
Heat, stirring constantly, over moderately high heat until sugar dissolves, then cook, uncovered, without stirring to 270° F. or until a drop of the mixture... - 33.8606
Grease one 9 x 9-inch pan or two 8 x 8 inch pans if two people are going to pull the taffy.
Also grease a large surface for cutting the candy.
Cook all ingredients except the vanilla to 268 degrees (it will form a firm, nearly brittle ball when dropped into... - 33.4984
Combine sugar, syrup and honey in saucepan; cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly.
Add cream of tartar; bring to a boil.
Boil for about 20 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add vanilla, butter and peppermint extract; return to a boil.
Pour into but-... - 33.496
Generously grease 9-inch square baking pan.
Combine sugar, corn syrup, water and cream of tartar in 2-quart measuring cup or bowl and mix well.
Cook on High until mixture boils, stirring once, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Continue cooking on High without stirring... - 33.1986
Old Fashioned Taffy
Combine all ingredients except vanilla in a small Dutch oven; cook over low heat, stirring gently, until sugar dissolves.
Cover and cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes to wash down sugar crystals from sides of pan.
Uncover and cook over medium heat, without... - 31.6234
1.In a boiler, boil the sugar, water, glycerin and vinegar to the hard-ball stage (260Â° F.).
3.Pour on to a greased platter.
4.When cool enough to handle, pull until very white, stretch into a long rope, and cut into short... - 31.323
Put all ingredients except flavoring in large heavy saucepan.
Bring to boil, and cook until a small amount of mixture forms a hard ball when dropped in very cold water (254°F. on a candy thermometer).
Pour onto a large buttered platter.
As edges cool, turn... - 30.7066
1. Grease one 9 by 9-inch pan, or two 8 by 8-inch pans if two people are going to pull the taffy. Also grease a large surface for cutting the candy.
2. Cook all ingredients except the vanilla to 268° F. (the mixture makes a firm, nearly brittle ball in cold... - 30.3733
Atlantic City Taffy
In a 2-quart glass measure combine first 4 ingredients.
Cook on HIGH for 12-18 minutes.
Add butter and vanilla; pour into 8-inch square baking dish; cool enough to "pull." Grease hands; pull taffy until elastic and light in color.
Cut into pieces; wrap in... - 29.7922
Combine sugar, honey, water and salt and cook rapidly to 280° F. (medium crack).
Stir in vanilla and pour into a buttered pan to cool enough to be handled.
Then pull until light.
With the last few pulls, draw out into a rope about 1/2 inch in diameter.
While... - 28.8175
Combine sugar, butter, molasses, vinegar and 2 tablespoons water in a large pan.
Cook quickly over high heat, without stirring, to hard-crack stage or 275 degrees on candy thermometer.
Add nuts and quickly pour into buttered pan.
Cool and break into pieces. - 28.1534
Frosted Taffy Stars
1. Beat butter or margarine with molasses in medium-size bowl with electric mixer at medium speed; stir in 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Gradually blend In flour. Chill overnight.
2. Roll out, a small amount at a time, to 1/4 ihch thickness on lightly floured... - 27.2147
Combine sugar, vinegar and 1 cup water in saucepan.
Stir until sugar dissolves.
Cook to hard-crack stage or to 275 degrees on candy thermometer.
Pour out on well-greased platter.
Pull edges to center and centers out with well-greased hands.
Pull until taffy... - 24.9147
Combine sugar, 1/2 cup hot water and butter in saucepan; bring to a boil.
Add vinegar; boil to hardcrack stage or 300 degrees on candy thermometer.
Pour onto greased platter; cool enough to handle.
Pull over and over; cut into 1-inch pieces with buttered... - 24.9139
White Taffy is an amazingly delicious version of dessert. An easy to prepare recipe, White Taffy is a dish that you will surely love to talk about with us. - 24.7417
Taffy Recipes By Category