- » Taffy
Taffy is a confection-specifically a soft and chewy candy resembling a toffee in its flavors. A favorite of children, the colorful confection is commercially available in fruity, molasses and unflavored versions. ... More »
1) In a large saucepan, mix together sugar, brown sugar, water, milk, corn syrup and salt.
2) Stirring continuously, simmer until sugar is dissolved.
3) Raise the heat to medium and cook to 240 degrees on candy thermometer or to soft-ball... - 49.6403
Pulled Taffy Treats
1. Grease a large square plate or tray using butter and refrigerate.
2. In a heavy bottom stock pot/ sauce pan, combine sugar, vinegar, golden syrup and water. Mix well and cook on a low flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till sugar... - 43.5444
Old Fashioned Taffy
1) Take a small Dutch oven and mix the first five ingredients in it.
2) Cook over medium heat without any stirring until the soft crack stage of 270° is reached.
3) Remove the container from the flame and stir the vanilla in.
4) Take a jelly roll pan... - 41.7796
1. Lightly toast the seasame seeds in a dry pan, over a low flame, stirring all the while until they let out a nutty aroma. Tip onto waxed paper and let them cool completely, stirring occasionally to distribute the heat.
2. Add the sesame into a food... - 41.0359
Taffy tarts are simple cream cheese tarts flavored with vanilla. Made with eggs, butter, flour and sugar, the taffy tarts are simply baked to a beautiful golden brown and can be served as desired as dessert tarts. - 40.672
Buttery Molasses Taffy
Butter a heavy 3-quart saucepan.
In pan combine sugar, water, molasses, butter or margarine, and corn syrup.
Cook over low heat, stirring till sugar is dissolved.
Bring to boiling; boil gently to hard-ball stage or till candy thermometer registers 266°.
Pour... - 40.5372
1) Lightly butter a large platter.
2) In a large saucepan, mix together sugar, butter or margarine, salt, molasses, water and vinegar.
3) Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
4) Raise the heat and cook, without stirring,... - 39.6405
The molasses taffy is a molasses and vanilla flavored taffy. A cooked dessert, the molasses taffy is rich and delicious with the soft taste of vanilla to it. cooled and cut into little pieces, the molasses taffy can be stored for a few days after preparation. - 38.0756
Delicious Cream Taffy! It brings back such fond childhood memories! You really have to try this Cream Taffy! Maybe then you will understand why I am so addicted to it! - 37.9519
1) In a saucepan, boil sugar, molasses, vinegar along with water. Boil without stirring till it turns crisp when tested in cold water.
2) Add butter and let it cook for another 3 minutes.
3) Put in vanilla and turn it out on a buttered pan.
4)... - 37.4465
Molasses Taffy is simple to make and has a luscious taste. Just the right mixture of sweetened condensed milk, molasses, and salt butter makes the Molasses Taffy enjoyable dessert. - 36.6587
Combine first 4 ingredients in saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until blended.
Cook to hard-ball stage or 265 degrees on candy thermometer.
Remove from heat; add soda and vanilla.
Beat until smooth and creamy.
Pour into shallow greased... - 36.5249
Mix sugar, syrup, and water in a heavy saucepan, drop in butter, and insert candy thermometer.
Heat, stirring constantly, over moderately high heat until sugar dissolves, then cook, uncovered, without stirring to 270° F. or until a drop of candy forms firm,... - 36.482
1. In 2 qt. glass dish combine sugar, vinegar and water and microwave at high for 8-10 minutes, stirring after 6 minutes.
2. Measure temperature at 280 °F. (soft crack) and add vanilla.
3. Divide equally on 3 well-buttered glass plates and let it cool... - 36.1911
Generously grease 9-inch square baking pan.
Combine sugar, corn syrup, water and cream of tartar in 2-quart measuring cup or bowl and mix well.
Cook on High until mixture boils, stirring once, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Continue cooking on High without stirring... - 35.4803
Grease one 9 x 9-inch pan or two 8 x 8 inch pans if two people are going to pull the taffy.
Also grease a large surface for cutting the candy.
Cook all ingredients except the vanilla to 268 degrees (it will form a firm, nearly brittle ball when dropped into... - 35.1073
Butter a heavy 3-quart saucepan.
In it combine sugar, molasses, and 1/4 cup water.
Heat slowly, stirring till sugar dissolves.
Bring to boiling; add vinegar.
Cook to soft-crack stage (candy thermometer registers 270°F).
Remove from heat; add butter.
Sift in... - 35.0956
Butter sides of heavy 3-quart saucepan.
In it mix sugar, molasses, and water.
Heat slowly, stirring constantly, till boiling.
Stir in vinegar, cook to soft crack stage (270°).
Remove from heat.
Add 2 tablespoons butter; sift in soda and mix.
Pour into... - 34.7749
Combine sugar, cream and syrup in heavy kettle; bring to a rolling boil.
Dissolve gelatin in 1/4 cup water.
Add to sugar mixture.
Add paraffin; stir in vanilla.
Cook to 250 degrees on candy thermometer, stirring constantly.
Pour mixture into large well-... - 34.491
Mix sugar, molasses, and water in a heavy saucepan, drop in butter, and insert candy thermometer.
Heat, stirring constantly, over moderately high heat until sugar dissolves, then cook, uncovered, without stirring to 270° F. or until a drop of the mixture... - 34.2113
Combine sugar, syrup and honey in saucepan; cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly.
Add cream of tartar; bring to a boil.
Boil for about 20 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add vanilla, butter and peppermint extract; return to a boil.
Pour into but-... - 33.9897
Honey Molasses Taffy
In a saucepan, mix honey, vinegar, and molasses.
Boil until mixture forms a hard ball when dropped into cold water or reaches 270° F.(see Basic Procedure for Testing Candy ).
Stir in the soda and butter.
Pour onto large buttered platter or cookie... - 33.3909
1.In a boiler, boil the sugar, water, glycerin and vinegar to the hard-ball stage (260Â° F.).
3.Pour on to a greased platter.
4.When cool enough to handle, pull until very white, stretch into a long rope, and cut into short... - 33.3868
Put all ingredients except flavoring in large heavy saucepan.
Bring to boil, and cook until a small amount of mixture forms a hard ball when dropped in very cold water (254°F. on a candy thermometer).
Pour onto a large buttered platter.
As edges cool, turn... - 32.173
Molasses Mint Taffy
Cook molasses and vinegar in a large saucepan slowly, stirring constantly, to 260°F or until a little of the syrup dropped in cold water becomes brittle.
Remove from heat and add butter, salt, and baking soda.
Stir until mixture ceases to foam, then pour... - 32.0647
Old Fashioned Taffy
Combine all ingredients except vanilla in a small Dutch oven; cook over low heat, stirring gently, until sugar dissolves.
Cover and cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes to wash down sugar crystals from sides of pan.
Uncover and cook over medium heat, without... - 32.0293
Atlantic City Taffy
In a 2-quart glass measure combine first 4 ingredients.
Cook on HIGH for 12-18 minutes.
Add butter and vanilla; pour into 8-inch square baking dish; cool enough to "pull." Grease hands; pull taffy until elastic and light in color.
Cut into pieces; wrap in... - 30.9205
Cream Taffy is a very easy to prepare delicious dessert. Enjoy this amazingly mouth watering Cream Taffy recipe; I am sure you would love to share your experience with me. - 30.4334
Combine sugar, honey, water and salt and cook rapidly to 280° F. (medium crack).
Stir in vanilla and pour into a buttered pan to cool enough to be handled.
Then pull until light.
With the last few pulls, draw out into a rope about 1/2 inch in diameter.
While... - 30.1519
1. Grease one 9 by 9-inch pan, or two 8 by 8-inch pans if two people are going to pull the taffy. Also grease a large surface for cutting the candy.
2. Cook all ingredients except the vanilla to 268° F. (the mixture makes a firm, nearly brittle ball in cold... - 30.1222
Frosted Taffy Stars
1. Beat butter or margarine with molasses in medium-size bowl with electric mixer at medium speed; stir in 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Gradually blend In flour. Chill overnight.
2. Roll out, a small amount at a time, to 1/4 ihch thickness on lightly floured... - 29.5049
Combine sugar, butter, molasses, vinegar and 2 tablespoons water in a large pan.
Cook quickly over high heat, without stirring, to hard-crack stage or 275 degrees on candy thermometer.
Add nuts and quickly pour into buttered pan.
Cool and break into pieces. - 28.8419
1. Combine sugar, butter or margarine, salt, molasses, water and vinegar in a large, heavy saucepan.
2. Heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves, then cook rapidly, without stirring, to 265° on a candy thermometer. (Syrup forms a hard ball when... - 28.3219
White Taffy is an amazingly delicious version of dessert. An easy to prepare recipe, White Taffy is a dish that you will surely love to talk about with us. - 26.7222
Combine sugar, vinegar and 1 cup water in saucepan.
Stir until sugar dissolves.
Cook to hard-crack stage or to 275 degrees on candy thermometer.
Pour out on well-greased platter.
Pull edges to center and centers out with well-greased hands.
Pull until taffy... - 24.8773
Combine sugar, 1/2 cup hot water and butter in saucepan; bring to a boil.
Add vinegar; boil to hardcrack stage or 300 degrees on candy thermometer.
Pour onto greased platter; cool enough to handle.
Pull over and over; cut into 1-inch pieces with buttered... - 24.7445
Taffy Recipes By Category