- » Syrian
Syrian food is the dissemination of the food cultures of the various Syrian civilizations. These civilizations were established in Syria in the beginning of the Arab conquest during Islamic era. Turkish cuisine also ... More »
Syrian Julienne Salad
Mix oil, wine, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and mint.
Top the lamb with the wine mixture and leave it for few hours at room temperature.
Put the cucumbers and olives on the mixture and mix well.
Serve the salad on lettuce... - 42.7018
Syrian Sesame Muffins
Syrian Sesame Muffins is simply one of the best muffins I have come across. These are easy to make and anyone with a sweet tooth will fall in love with it! Try this Syrian Sesame Muffins recipe and you will understand why. - 41.4136
1. Wash and tear lettuce into bite size pieces and place in large salad bowl (or 8 individual salad plates).
2. Arrange vegetables on top in an attractive manner. Top with feta, black olives and capers.
3. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, mint and salt... - 39.805
Syrian Fruit Salad
1) Drench the dried fruit in water for about 48 hours.
2) Stir in all the remaining ingredients gently.
3) Chill and serve. - 39.5707
In large mixer bowl combine 2 cups of the flour and the yeast.
Heat milk, sugar, shortening, and 2 teaspoons salt just till warm (115-120°), stirring constantly to melt shortening.
Add to dry mixture.
Beat at low speed with electric mixer for 1/2 minute,... - 37.7246
Syrian Nutmeg Cake
For those who go gaga over nutmeg, this Syrian Nutmeg Cake will do the trick. The Syrian Nutmeg Cake is packed with the richness of nutmeg and seasonings. Just check out the recipe of the rich tasting Syrian Nutmeg Cake. - 36.2038
Syrian Walnut Semolina Cake With Figs And Chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 350° Butter a 9-inch round cake pan. Line the bottom of the pan with wax paper and butter the paper. Flour the pan, tapping out the excess.
2. Spread the walnut halves in a pie plate and toast them in the oven for 9 minutes, until... - 33.3677
Combine first five ingredients.
Marinate chicken several hours or overnight.
Turn once or twice.
Broil in a preheated broiler 10-15 minutes.
Serve with brown rice and a vegetable of your choice— broccoli or glazed carrots go well.
This recipe can be doubled... - 32.8631
Make dressing of garlic, oil, vinegar and lemon juice.
Toss cabbage in dressing, add mint leaves, and toss well again.
Refrigerate overnight to blend flavors. - 25.5002
Fattoush (syrian Bread Salad)
Mix all salad ingredients in bowl. In a blender or jar, mix dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Mix in cracker bread, then toss until bread is coated with dressing.
Recipe excerpted from the book Siren's Feast: The Edible Odyssey by Nancy Mehagian. To... - 23.836
Syrian Pita Bread
1. Set a pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 500°. In a bowl, combine the water and yeast and let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.
2. In a food processor, pulse the flour with the salt. With the machine on, pour in the... - 22.7888
Syrian Recipes By Category