- » Sweet Jewish
Sweet Jewish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of sweet jewish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for sweet jewish recipes.
Apple Crown Cake
1. Preheat oven to 325 degree.
2. With an apple peeler, peel, core, and slice apples. Cut the slices into half, and place it in a large bowl.
3. Pour honey and cinnamon. Gently mix them together.
4. Count out 14 half apple slices for decoration,... - 134.503
Chocolate Honey Cake
So, let's get one thing straight - I don't have a Jewish mother or grandmother. As a convert, I lack the fond memory of hating honey cake. Very soon after opening the bakery, I realize that I'm required to not only bake hundreds of pounds of honey cake, but... - 128.58
I haven't a clue where this recipe originates. I've been making it for nearly 20 years and in huge quantities since I started catering and baking. I love making this honey cake because when I say deluxe, I mean deluxe. Even back in the bakery days, I would... - 125.103
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 10 inch tube pan. Keep aside.
3. In a small bowl, dissolve the coffee granules in warm water and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients for the cake.... - 123.759
Leah's Famous Kosher Chocolate Babka
Yep, back in the bakery days, this was the first to sell out. You might ask, "Why not make more?" It's an old retail trick; you gotta keep 'em hungry.....and, coming back! This was the most requested video ~ enjoy! - 123.656
Classic Egg Challah - Part 1 : Making The Dough
This is the review of Part 1 of the video. In this video the Chef shows how to make the dough for making the Egg Challah. She explains step by step right from mixing the ingredients to kneading the dough. - 121.385
Leah's Fabulous Cinnamon Rolls
Make the Yeasted Sweet Dough as directed. Let rise until double in bulk.
Punch down and let rest 10 minutes. Roll into a rectangle about 18" x 12".
Brush with melted margarine, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture and raisins.
Roll up and pinch the edge... - 121.213
Kosher Cinnamon Walnut Babka
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. For crumb topping, in a bowl, add flour, sugar, and a stick of margarine. Beat to incorporate ingredients. Set aside.
3. For walnut filling, in a mixing bowl combine ground walnut, brown sugar,... - 119.151
Yeasted Raspberry Coffee Cake
Using my extra rich Yeasted Sweet Dough recipe, I show you a trick I learned while baking for the Washington State Jewish Historical Society's Cookbook launch. A circle of dough is rolled into a jam-raisin-cinnamon-sugar bliss-filled crescent. Yum! - 118.213
Leah's (so) Simple Poppy Seed Roll
Simple, simple ~ take a piece of my extra rich Yeasted Sweet Dough and a can of poppy seed filling. Roll them up together and be a hero! - 117.453
Spiced Cherry Rugelach: Cookie Jar
An unique cookie variants. Watch this video to prepare Jewish crescent cookies. These cherry rugelach and loaded with fruits and nuts. Extremely delicious and also looks great when served on a platter. Make this for your holiday season or just as a gift to... - 111.346
Homemade Apple Cake With Honey Topping
This fragrant, moist cake combines both honey and apples, making it a fitting treat for Jewish holidays. Good to the last crumb, this super-moist Bundt cake tumbles out of the pan perfectly fluted and party-ready. Bake it ahead or serve warm from the oven... - 98.0961
How To Make Cinnamon Buns
Jamie Geller and friends show you another way to use challah dough - to make the most delicious Challah Dough Cinnamon Buns. - 98.0759
You don't really have to fly off to Ukraine to taste their classic blintzes. Here's a simple, sumptuous, authentic blintze recipe that you will find equally flavorful and nice. Stuffed with gooey cheese filling, these crepe like pancakes make great addition... - 84.0842
Rosh Hashanah Challah
A trio of Challah breads for Rosh Hashanah. "The sound of the shofar, the ram's horn that trumpets in the New Year at synagogues everywhere, is the unique sound of Rosh Hashanah. It stirs the soul. A freshly cut wedge of this challah, liberally dipped in new... - 54.9947
Rosh Hashanah Honey Cake
This heavenly, rich and velvety chocolate honey cake is a perfect ending to a Rosh Hashanah dinner as the honey used in it symbolizes hope for a sweet year ahead. This Bundt honey cake is glazed with chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt making it perfect for... - 52.876
Israeli Honey Cookies
Israeli Honey Cookies are great to be made in order to mark the Jewish New Year. Israelis eat honey and apples on the New year day for a sweet year ahead. Israeli honey cookies can also be made into a food gift for a Jewish family on New Year. - 51.0786
Honey Glazed Sweet Potato & Carrot Tzimmes
Tzimmes is traditionally a part of the Rosh Hashanah meal. It is a tradition to eat sweet and honey-flavored dishes during this occasion. Carrots sliced in rounds, looks like gold coins, and symbolizes the hope of prosperity in the year to come. - 50.5226
Rosh Hashanah - Honey Mustard Chicken
Honey Mustard Chicken, a very traditional Jewish New Year dish. Rosh Hashanah is festivity of the Jews, and honey is considered to be good to be eaten during this time, as it eaten in hope of a sweet year up ahead. - 48.8748
Hot Fruit Casserole
This recipes is for a hot casserole of dried fruits. It is sweet and tangy due to some of the dried fruits included such as apricots. It has one of those great crispy macaroon-based cookie toppings on it. It is served as an accompaniment to the main meal. - 48.1288
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. For preparing pasta casing: Boil salt in large pot of water.
3. Cook pasta until it softens. It may take 10 minutes, by when it becomes slightly overcooked.
4. Take a 2-quart casserole and grease it... - 47.0512
Sweet And Sour Meat Balls
1) Mix together the ground beef with a teaspoon of salt and pepper
2) Using the hands shape the beef into 24 balls
3) In a bowl, mix together the egg, flour and remaining salt
4) Dip the balls into the batter and coat well.
5) In a skillet, heat the... - 44.4909
Jewish Coffee Cake
A moist sour cream coffee cake. This is a great recipe from an old friend. - 43.6718
Rosh Hashanah - Jewish Tzimmes
Tzimmes, or tsimmes, is a Jewish side dish that is a traditional part of a Rosh Hashanah meal. Carrots, are a favorite, slowly simmered with honey to make a sweet dish symbolizing a sweet new year. There are plenty of variations done with the tzimmes, but the... - 43.0267
Sweet And Sour Pot Roast
1. Season the beef with salt and pepper.
2. In a large casserole or Dutch oven, heat the ROKEACH Kosher Nyafat.
3. Fry the onions in it till brown and crisp. Remove to a plate using a slotted spoon.
4. Sear the meat on both sides to... - 42.828
Sweet And Sour Fish
1) In a saucepan, mix the onion, lemon slices, brown sugar, raisins, bay leaf, fish, salt and water
2) Cover with the lid and cook the stock on a low heat for 25 minutes
3) Place the fish on to a platter
4) Add in the gingersnaps, vinegar and the... - 42.758
Sweet And Sour Calf's Liver With Spaetze!
1) Take a pan and melt fat in it. Add onions and cook until brown.
2) Add liver and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
3) Sprinkle pepper, paprika, salt and flour.
4) Stir in lemon juice, water and sugar. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring... - 42.3012
Apricot Glazed Carrots
Carrots, cooked al dente and glazed with apricot jam. I have used red bell peppers in the recipe. You may use a combination of peppers, as desired. This accompaniment goes well with a nice spicy Roast chicken as its sweet mellow flavours would gel well with a... - 41.8426
Sweet And Sour Red Cabbage
1. In a saucepan, take cabbage, apple, water and salt.
2. Cook it over a low flame for 15 minutes.
3. Add flour and vinegar to it. Mix it till it becomes a smooth consistency.
4. Add it to the cabbage mixture with the sugar and butter or fat.
5. Cook... - 41.1472
Sweet And Sour Green Beans
1. In a saucepan, take water, beans, salt, pepper, bay leaf and cloves.
2. Cover and cook it over a low flame for 3 minutes less than the duration given in the beans package.
3. Drain water. Add sugar, vinegar and butter or fat.
4. Cook for 5 minutes... - 41.0336
If you haven’t decided what to cook this holiday, then try this babka recipe. The pleasure you would experience in cooking this recipe would make your holiday more delightful. This dessert would be so tasty that the fragrance of it will make people’s... - 40.3275
Sweet Potatoes Royal
1. Wash apricots. Soak it in 2 cups of water for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven at 375° F.
3. In a saucepan, bring apricots to a boil. Cook it over a low flame for 20 minutes or until tender.
4. Add sugar.
5. Cut sweet potatoes in ½ inch... - 39.3189
Candied Sweet Potatoes
1. Preheat oven at 350° F.
2. In a saucepan, take sweet potatoes. Do not peel it.
3. Add boiling water and cook it for 15 minutes.
4. Drain water. Peel and halve it lengthwise.
5. In a baking dish, heat butter or fat.
6. Add corn syrup,... - 38.3038
Want to make a dish that is truly different? This easy kugel recipe is the perfect answer to your needs. Treat your friends to this jewish dessert that is an absolute delight. An instant hit with kids as well. So try this kugel recipe to make your friends and... - 37.6926
Baked Sweet Lima Beans
1. In a large bowl, soak beans overnight in water.
2. Drain water and pour fresh water to cover beans.
3. Preheat oven at 350° C.
4. Transfer the beans in a saucepan. Cover with lid and bring it to a boil.
5. Continue to cook over low... - 36.402
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
Add noodles; toss gently to coat.
Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Sprinkle crushed cornflakes over noodle mixture; cover and bake for 30... - 35.7006
Sweet Potatoes Hawaiian
1. In a skillet, melt butter or fat.
2. Add potatoes and brown it.
3. Add brown sugar and pineapple.
4. Cook it over a low flame for 45 minutes or until potatoes become tender.
5. Turn the potatoes often.
6. Serve Sweet Potatoes Hawaiian... - 34.9942
Pomegranate And Apple Salad
Serve this fresh and light Pomegranate Apple Salad. It complements the spirit of the holiday by using the two fruits upon which blessings have been made. - 33.1924
How To Make Betty's Rugelach (apricot And Raspberry Pastries)
How to make the Jewish holiday treat Rugelach (Traditional recipe is made with Apricot jam). Betty Bannerman Busciglio demonstrates how to make both the Apricot and Raspberry types. Perfect in her home as part of her extensive Christmas Cookie platters. - 0
Learn how to make hamentashen, not the run of the meal, horrible tasting ones, rather made of innovative fillings are the stuff legends are made of! - 0
Sweet Jewish Recipes By Category