- » Stone Fruit
Stone Fruit Recipes
Stone fruit, also termed as stonefruit, actually refers to drupe. Drupes are fruits with a hard stone-like shell surrounded by a fleshy part. Each drupe fruit has four major parts; skin, fleshy body, hard stone and ... More »
Sugar Plum Ring
Soften yeast in warm water.
Combine scalded milk, the 1/3 cup sugar, shortening, salt, and cool to lukewarm.
Stir in 1 cup flour.
Add yeast and eggs.
Add remaining flour or enough to make soft dough.
Place in greased bowl turning once to grease... - 48.8711
Fresh Apricot Cobbler
1. Grease an 8-inch square tin with the. Keep aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F
3. In a large bowl, flour, granulated sugar, dry milk, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix well.
4. Add oil and stir until mixture resembles... - 47.5201
Sugar Plum Ring
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Grease a 10 inch tube pan.
3) Take 1/4 cup warm water and dissolve yeast in it.
4) Take a large bowl and combine milk, shortening, salt and sugar in it. Cool to lukewarm.
5) Add 1 cup flour and beat... - 46.244
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
2) Cream the fruit sugar and butter together.
3) Stir in the flour and salt, blend well.
4) Then stir in the chopped nuts and vanilla, mix to form a dough.
5) In each teaspoon dough, enclose a... - 46.2171
Pour the unsifted confectioners' sugar into a large bowl.
Cut the butter from the stick into small slivers, dropping them into the sugar.
Add the cream and vanilla or almond extract.
Work with your fingertips until the mixture clings together somewhat.
Turn... - 44.4864
Prawn Stuffed Lychees
1) Mix together the prawns, salt, corn flour and pepper.
2) Divide mixture in 10 portions.
3) Sprinkle the inside of each lychee with a dusting of cornflour to stuff with the prawns paste.
4) On a plate, arrange lychees and steam over high heat for... - 44.2469
Sweet Sour Fish And Cherries
Cook fish portions according to package directions; keep warm.
Heat wok over high heat; add oil.
Stir-fry carrot, green onions, and garlic for 3 minutes.
Stir in broth, honey, vinegar, and soy sauce.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer about 10... - 41.0806
1) Blend together all the chopped ingredients.
2) Use orange liqueur to mositen the mixture.
3) Into 1-ich ballds, firmly shape the mixutre and roll the balls in sugar.
4) In an airtight container, layer the sugar coated balls between waxed paper.
5)... - 40.9337
Bing Cherry Delight
Prepare gelatin as directed.
Stir in 1 cup cherries.
Pour into 9 inch cake pan; chill until firm.
Mold ice cream in 9 inch cake pan; chill until firm.
Combine cookie crumbs and butter; work until all crumbs are moistened.
Divide into 3 equal parts.
Just prior... - 40.916
Brill With Fresh Lychees
Rinse the fish fillets under plenty of cold running water and pat dry on kitchen paper.
Put 2 fillets side by side in an oval dish.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add the white wine.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
Remove the cooked fish fillets with... - 39.9283
Fresh Cherries Jubilee
1. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine sugar, water, orange juice and cornstarch. Mix well and cook on a medium flame till sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth and thick.
2. Add orange peel and cherries; mix well and bring to boil.
3. Once boiled,... - 39.6475
Cherry Holiday Balls
Combine eggs, sugar, nuts, dates, coconut, almond extract, vanilla and salt.
Place in greased 8-inch square pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring mixture at 10-minute intervals.
Remove from oven; stir well.
Cool; shape around cherries.
Roll in... - 39.4893
Fresh Apricot Mold
A gelatin mold is a fine way to use apricots, plums, or peaches which are slightly underripe.
Dissolve the sugar in the water.
Add the lemon rind and boil for 5 minutes.
Add the apricots and cook gently for 10-15 minutes; do not overcook.
Lift the fruit out... - 39.1894
Sugar Plum Drops
Cream shortening and sugars together.
Beat eggs, add vanilla and soda dissolved in the water.
Combine egg mixture with the shortening and sugars.
Sift flour with baking powder and salt and stir into creamed mixture.
Add remaining ingredients.
Shape into small... - 38.9204
Baked Montrachet With Fresh Apricots And Blueberries
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Place goat cheese on ungreased baking sheet and keep in oven when its just melting for about 2 to 3 minutes.
3) On four small salad plates arrange the lettuce leaves.
4) Gently mix vinegar and oil.
5)... - 38.5081
Sugar Plums is a recipe that can be prepared in nearly no time. Try this Sugar Plums recipe; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this one! - 38.4852
Bing Cherry Mold
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; add cold water and lemon juice.
To 1 cup gelatin mixture add the cooking sherry; pour into a 2 quart mold and chill till set.
Meanwhile, chill remaining gelatin till partially set, then whip till fluffy; fold in sour cream,... - 37.7003
Sugar Plum Ring
Combine sugar and yeast; add warm water (110 degrees).
Let stand until bubbly; add scalded milk (or use dry milk & warm water), shortening (softened), eggs; beat well.
Stir in 1 cup of flour; beat well.
Add remaining flour and salt.
Make a soft dough.
Mix... - 37.6161
Cut apricots into thin strips.
In small heavy saucepan, combine apricots, tangerine rind and juice and honey; cover and bring to simmer.
Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until apricots are very tender and... - 36.923
Sugar Plum Balls
Rinse prunes and apricots, cover with cold water, bring to a boil, and boil for 5 minutes.
Drain and cool.
Cut prunes from pits and chop.
Cream shortening thoroughly and gradually blend in vanilla extract and milk.
Combine flour, salt, and 1/3... - 36.7594
1. Start by draining the lychees and kumquats, make sure to reserve the syrups, take the raspberries and hull it, take the bananas and start peeling and slicing it
2. Place prepared fruit in glass serving dish
3. In a bowl, pour orange... - 35.6301
Cherry Surprise Balls
Cream butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
Add flour and vanilla; mix well.
Stir in pecans.
Chill dough for several hours.
Mold dough around cherries, covering completely.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Roll warm balls in... - 33.8823
Stone Fruit Dessert
Toss together peaches, nectarines, plums, cherries, ginger, and lemon juice.
Spoon into individual serving cups and pour Late Harvest Riesling over fruit.
Serve garnished with mint. - 33.4677
Baked Fresh Apricots
1) Wash apricots.
2) Preheat slow oven (300°F. - Gas Mark 2)
3) Put whole apricots in a fireproof dish.
4) Add sugar and strained lemon juice.
5) Cover and place at oven and bake for 1 hour.
6) Cool and serve with cream or ice... - 32.4501
Fresh Cherries Or Grapes In Grappa
1.Take the firm and big sized cherries or grapes and chop the stems by leavin 1/8 inch on the cherry.
2.Take a quart glass jar , put cherries, sugar and grappa in it and close.
3.Shake the jar so that the sugar gets diluted.
4.Leave the jar for a week... - 32.4358
Leechi Ki Barafchuski
1)Squeeze lychee flesh and extract the juice.
2)In a bowl, add the juice and other ingredients and mix.
3)Pour it into mold ad freeze until set.
4)Serve the ice lolly chilled. - 32.046
1 Combine cashews, crabmeat, mayonnaise, light soy sauce, green onion and lemon juice. Pack into lychee fruit.
2 Top each with a thin slice of red ginger or red pepper. Arrange on finely shredded lettuce and serve chilled. - 31.7244
Sugar Plum Ring
Prepare dough as directed for Sugarplum Bread.
Let double (2 hours).
Punch down; divide in half.
Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
For Sugarplum Ring, pinch off balls of dough about 1 1/4 inches in diameter.
Combine the sugar, cinnamon, and chopped walnuts.
Dip... - 31.2229
1. In a basin place the pruns and add boiling water; allow to stanf ror five minutes; drain and add fresh boiling water
2. Repeat the above step once more, weigh the prunes into a saucepan and add equal castor sugar as well
3. Add just enough water to... - 30.0382
1. In small bowl, combine almond paste, coconut, com syrup and cherries; mix well.
2. With a sharp knife, make a lengthwise slit in each date. Force open and fill each with about 1 1/2 teaspoons almond-paste mixture. Close dates partially, leaving about 1/2... - 30.017
Sugar Plum Braid
Measure water into mixing bowl.
Add 1 tsp.sugar and stir until dissolved.
Sprinkle yeast over water and let stand 10 minutes.
Add milk, shortening, 1/4 cup sugar, egg, salt, cardamom seeds, raisins, walnuts, citron or peel, cherries, lemon rind - 29.6782
Sour Cherry Preserves
1) Pit the cherries.
2) In a saucepan, combine the cherries with sugar.
3) Allow the mixture to boil until the syrup is thick and reads 240°F on a candy thermometer.
4) Ladle the 2 pints marmalade into hot sterilized jars and seal... - 29.4864
Bing Cherry Jello
Drain the juice from the cherries and add enough water to it to make 2 cups liquid.
Heat the liquid and stir the raspberry gelatin into it until dissolved.
Pour half of this gelatin into a loaf pan 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" x 2 1/2".
Chill until it begins to... - 29.4802
Marinated Plums And Chilled Lychee Nuts
Bring to a boil, White Riesling, sugar, lemon zest, and cinnamon stick.
Add plums and simmer 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and chill.
Add lychee nuts and serve. - 29.1143
Baked Chops With Sour Cherries
Salt and pepper chops and brown on both sides.
Place uncooked rice in bottom of casserole.
Pour cherries and juice over rice.
Sprinkle sugar, lemon peel, and cinnamon over this and arrange chops on top.
Cover and bake 1 1/4 hours at 350 degrees. - 28.3149
Fresh Cherries Jubilee
1 Combine cornstarch and water in 1-quart glass casserole until smooth; stir in jelly and cherries.
2 Microwave for 6 to 9 minutes on HIGH, or until hot (about 200° F).
3 Measure brandy into 1-cup glass measure.
4 Microwave for 15 to 30 seconds on HIGH, or... - 27.9961
Fresh Cherry Jubilee
In medium bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch; blend in water and orange juice.
Transfer mixture to saucepan and cook, stirring until thickened and smooth.
Add cherries and orange peel; return to boil and simmer 10 minutes. - 27.613
Bing Cherry Mould
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; let thicken slightly.
Add cream cheese and whipped cream.
Dissolve cherry gelatin in boiling cherry juice.
Cool; add cherries.
Place lemon mixture in bottom of well-oiled ring mold.
Top with second mixture. - 27.4328
Mallard Duck With Bing Cherries
1. In a skillet heat the butter, add the duck and brown on all sides. Drain off the fat. Pour the sherry over the duck and remove it to a platter.
2. To the pan add the garlic and cherries, reserving the juice. Boil two or three minutes. Blend the potato... - 26.9677
Sour Cherry Preserves
Combine cherries and pectin in a large sauce pot.
Bring to a rolling boil, stirring frequently.
Bring to a rolling boil; boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
Skim foam and stir alternately for 5 minutes.
Pour hot into hot... - 26.8361
Stone Fruit Recipes By Category