- » Stewed Vegan
Stewed Vegan Recipes
Enjoy our collection of stewed vegan recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for stewed vegan recipes.
Does food bring back memories for you? Are transported to another time and place by the smells and tastes of certain foods? Food can evoke some of the sweetest memories, especially from one’s childhood. British foodie Nigel Slater based his autobiography... - 138.775
Healthy Vegan Spinach And Tomato Summer Stew
This dish has the warm sauciness of a stew but is not as heavy and thus makes a perfect summer dinner. It is great over quinoa topped with toasted almonds, as suggested in the video, but is also delicious over couscous or over whole wheat pasta. And with all... - 133.799
Wegmans Tuscan Garbanzo Beans & Kale
Wegmans Chef Nella Neeck takes Italian staples, garbanzo beans & kale, and melds them into greatness with canned diced tomatoes, Seasoned Tomato Sauce, and traditional spices. - 129.261
Vegetable Casserole Indian Style
1) Coat onions with turmeric, cumin and flour.
2) In a bowl, combine together chilli, peas or broad beans and peppers and then add in garlic.
3) Take a casserole and arrange a layer of onions in it.
4) Top with peppers and then with tomatoes.
5) Season... - 49.5329
Pinto Bean Stew
1) Drain the pinto beans.
2) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
3) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and sautÃ© the onions, garlic, oregano and chili powder for 3 to 4 minutes.
4) Add the tomatoes to the onion mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
5)... - 46.7794
Stewed Artichokes With Spices And Apricots And Other Things
Trim the artichokes by peeling the stem until all woody matter has disappeared.
Pull off all the tough outer leaves until you reach the pale green ones.
Cut off about 2.5 cm from the top of the artichoke.
Cut the artichoke vertically into 4 and cut or pull... - 46.7538
Parsnip And Banana Curry
1) Cover parsnips and sultanas with water and cook for 10 minutes and strain the water, saving for later use.
2) In a covered pan, over low heat, heat oil and cook onion and pepper in it until soft.
3) Stir in curry powder, ginger and sugar and stir... - 46.5847
Banana Leaf Vegetable Curry
1. In a large heavy pot, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Stir in the onion and cook for 8-10 minutes until wilted.
3. Add garlic and cook with constant stirring for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Sprinkle curry powder and cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
5.... - 46.536
Sprinkle aubergines and courgettes with salt, and put in a colander.
Place a weighted plate on top, so excess moisture and bitterness will be pressed out.
Leave for 1 hr.
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
Gently fry garlic and onions until soft and... - 45.6805
1) In a saucepan, heated over a low heat, heat oil and 2 oz. butter or margarine and sauté onion in it for a few minutes.
2) Add in curry powder, flour and water, mixing well and boil to a thick sauce.
3) Tie the herbs loosely in a small piece of... - 45.6011
A wonderful combination of vegetables, is that what you are looking for? This Miloni Sabzi recipe is then just right for you. Enjoy the goodness of vegetables cooked in a variety of Indian spices. - 45.1585
İmam bayıldı is one of the most popular olive oil dishes of Turkish cuisine. It literally translates as "imam (the priest) fainted." The rumor goes that imam faints, out of stinginess, when he learns the amount of olive oil used to make this dish.
İmam... - 45.1067
Vegan Eggplant Ratatouille
1) On a cookie sheet, place the whole eggplant.
2) In moderate oven at temperature 350Â°, bake the eggplant for 45 minutes or until it is tender.
3) On wire rack, let the eggplant cooled.
4) Halve the eggplant and scoop out the pulp, let the... - 44.9648
Relish the flavors of vegetable balls cooked in a rich red tomato sauce. This vegetable kofta is a great addition to your menu. Goes great with both rice and rotis (Indian bread). - 43.7292
1) In a thick pan or iron casserole, gently saute the dry rice in the fat and oil until pale yellow.
2) Stir in the onions and garlic, saute for further 2-3 minutes .
3) Stir in the saffron, ginger, coconut, apricots, raisins and almonds, simmer... - 42.456
West Indian Fruit Curry
1) Heat butter and oil over low heat and sauté all the spices and bay leaf in it for 5 minutes.
2) Add in tomato and onion, stirring well and cook, covered for 5 minutes more.
3) Stir in apple and rest of the ingredients and cook, covered until fruit... - 41.7582
Ratatouille With Baby Marrows
1) In a thick pan, over low heat, heat oil and sauté onion and pepper in it for 5 minutes.
2) Stir in aubergine and sauté for 5 minutes more.
3) Cover and simmer after mixing in rest of the vegetables, sugar, salt, marjoram or oregano and garlic,... - 41.1433
Stewed Apricots And Prunes
1. Place prunes and apricots in 2 separate stainless steel or glass bowls.
2. Cover the prunes with hot tea and apricots with hot water and let soak overnight or for at least 4 hours until soft and plum.
3. Reserve the soaking liquid.
4. Pit... - 39.7182
This recipe is a condiment that is used with meat dishes. It is tangy and sweet and sour at the same time...the nuts add to it in a good way...This Mango Chutney adds a lot of flavor that enhances the meat taste. Also It is a very easy recipe to prepare. - 39.7146
Stewed Rhubarb And Strawberries
1. In a 3 quart slow-cooker or crock pot, combine rhubarb, salt, sugar, and celery.
2. Cover the pot tightly with its lid.
3. Stew the rhubarb on LOW for about 4 to 4 1/2 hours until they are soft.
4. Add the strawberries to the pot, 30 minutes... - 37.9726
Mushrooms Stewed In Oil And Wine
Put all ingredients except mushrooms into a pan and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Wash the mushrooms and add to the pan.
Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Drain mushrooms and arrange in individual shallow dishes.
Reduce liquid to a syrupy... - 37.0112
Cook Tur Dal in two cups of water, when half cooked add pieces of drumstick, potato, brinjal, lady's finger, onion, tomato pieces, and salt. Cook till dal is very soft. Dissolve sambar masala in little water and add it to the cooked vegetables. Take the pulp... - 36.789
Breaded Stewed Tomatoes
1. Saute onion in margarine in saucepan.
2. Add tomatoes, bay leaf, clove, pepper, sage, and sugar. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
3. Remove bay leaf and clove.
4. Toss bread crumbs in melted margarine.
5. Mix into tomato mixture. - 35.9704
Stewed Fresh Fruit
1) Peel the apples and slice them. Alternatively, scrub the rhubarb and cur it into lengths of 1-inch each.
2) Into a saucepan, measure the sugar and water and stir over low heat in order to completely dissolve the sugar.
3) Add in the... - 35.9407
Three Fruits Compote
1. In a medium size saucepan, heat water, sugar and plums. Allow them to simmer for 5 minutes.or just until skin bursts.
2. In the meanwhile, peel, halve and pit the peaches. Pare, quarter and core the pears.Keep aside
3. Take a pretty serving bowl,... - 32.6453
1. In a small slow-cooker or crock pot, combine prunes, lemon slices and water.
2. Cover the pot tightly with its lid.
3. Cook the prunes on HIGH for about 1 1/2 hours or on LOW for almost 3 hours until the fruit is soft.
4. Serve the prune... - 32.5728
Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup
Soak, rinse & cook chick peas. Cook for 45-60 minutes till soft, depending on age of the peas. In a soup pot, saute the onions in the ghee for 5 minutes. Add chili, cayenne, turmeric & coriander. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring. Add the stock & the... - 31.7899
1. Wipe the strawberries clean thoroughly and remove the hulls
2. In a large saucepan, crush a few f the berries near the base of the pan and stew it gently over low flame for fifteen minutes
3. When the juices run, add the sugar and... - 31.5385
1) In a thick pan, melt sugar and water with lemon or ginger and then boil rapidly for 2 minutes.
2) In a covered pan, over low heat, pour the syrup and cook apples in it for about 10 minutes until they become just soft.
3) Serve hot or cold... - 30.9309
1.Take a 1 quart saucepan, put prunes, water and vanilla in it.
2.Let the ingredients boil for 10-15 minutes so that prunes turn soft.
3.Once done, refrigerate.
4.Serve chilled. - 30.3513
Wash the channa daal and soak for 15 minutes. Drain water and grind coarsely, add salt, hara dhania and hari mirch. Heat oil in a kadhai, fry spoons-full of the channa daal paste to make small vaadey. Fry until golden, drain excess oil and keep aside. Reheat... - 29.9793
1.Take a 2 quart saucepan, put fresh rhubarb, apple and salt in it and cook for 5 minutes after covering.
2.Once done, stir gently and cook for 5-8 minutes on low flame.
3.Serve in a dish. - 28.9591
1. Clean and prepare fruit according to kind.
2. In a saucepan large enough so that the fruit will 2/3 fill the pan, add in sugar and water.
3. Allow the sugar to dissolve over a gentle heat, and boil for 3 mins.
4. Put in the prepared fruit and simmer... - 28.4341
1. Wash and clean prunes.
2. Take a saucepan or casserole. Put in prunes and add water. Let the fruit soak in the water overnight.
3. Stew fruit very gently after adding brown sugar, until it is tender. You may stew on top of the stove in a saucepan... - 27.8536
Stewed Red Peppers
Roast peppers over an open fire or gas flame until their skins turn completely black.
Peel under running water, and cut into strips.
Heat olive oil in a saucepan.
Add garlic, and stew gently.
Add peppers, and cook for further 5 min.
Serve as a first course,... - 27.8119
Indian Cabbage Stew
It is a filling dish full of nutrients. Ideal as a weight loss dish, it consists of dietary fibers which are essential for our body as well. - 0
Inippana Pakarkai Kari
Bitter gourd is any form is not really enjoyed by many. But those who like to eat this vegetable, enjoy different preparations using the vegetable. This dish is one variation that is popular in South India. Check out this recipe to know its preparation. - 0
Pan Asian: Lentils Stewed In Coconut Milk (parippu) - Sri Lanka
1. Wash and remove any stones or chaff from lentils. Drain and set aside.
2. Place a medium sized pot on flame and boil water in it.
3. Drop lentils, onion, green chilies, garlic, pandanus, lemon grass, cinnamon, cardamom, and clove.... - 0
Pumpkin Coconut Stew - Save The Kales
All things fall include a pumpkin stew. Full of hardy and delicious ingredients, a nice warm bowl by the fire sounds like the perfect end to a day of rolling in leaves! - 0