- » Stewed Squash
Stewed Squash Recipes
Enjoy our collection of stewed squash recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for stewed squash recipes.
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add the onion, bell peppers, garlic, rosemary, salt, and black pepper.
Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook, stirring frequently, for 12 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Add the squash.
Cover and... - 46.6835
Turlu Dolma Lamb, Stuffed Tomatoes, Peppers And Squash
1. Slice off the tops of the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds and pulp reserving it for some other purpose.
2. Slice off the stem end of the peppers and scoop out the seeds and pith and discard.
3. Slice of 1 inch horizontally off each of the... - 45.1956
Golden Crookneck Bisque
Insert metal blade.
Coarsely chop onion.
Melt butter in a 3-quart pan over medium heat; add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft (about 10 minutes).
Meanwhile, place carrot in work bowl; process, using on-off pulses, until finely... - 44.9877
Baby Squash Stew
Trim off and discard stems from squash, then set squash aside.
Place onions in a bowl, pour in enough boiling water to cover, and let stand for 5 minutes.
Drain; let cool briefly.
Cut off root ends, then slip off skins.
Set onions aside.
In a 2- to 3-quart... - 42.3003
Autumn Squash Soup
Heat oil in an 8- to 10-quart pan over medium-high heat.
Add onions, thyme, and nutmeg and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are soft (about 15 minutes).
Add rutabagas, potatoes, and squash; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften... - 41.3676
Cuban Beef And Squash Stew
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Add the onions and garlic; cook until the onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes,... - 41.1513
Ratatouille With Baby Marrows
1) In a thick pan, over low heat, heat oil and sauté onion and pepper in it for 5 minutes.
2) Stir in aubergine and sauté for 5 minutes more.
3) Cover and simmer after mixing in rest of the vegetables, sugar, salt, marjoram or oregano and garlic,... - 41.1433
Thai Shrimp And Squash Soup
An aromatic herb used throughout Southeast Asia, lemongrass resembles a green onion in shape and has long, thin, gray-green leaves. Kaffir lime leaves, from the Kaffir lime tree, have a distinctive shape: They are attached in pairs, end to end. Both of these... - 40.4405
1. Wash squash or zucchini and cut them crosswise, on the diagonal, into slices 1/2 inch thick.
2. In hot butter in a large skillet, saute chopped green onion until it is tender-€”about 3 minutes.
3. Add the sliced squash, salt and... - 38.5206
1) Defrost the frozen winter squash as per its packet instructions. Heat it in a saucepan.
2) If using the cooked, mashed squash heat it.
3) Drain the canned pineapple. Keep aside the pineapple syrup.
4) Into the hot squash, add in the... - 38.225
Chicken Curry With Squash
Many curries are fiery, but this one is gently spiced with turmeric, which alternative-health experts laud as a powerful anti-inflammatory.
Picture Credit: John Kernick
Recipe By: Grace Parisi
Pairing Notes: Fragrant curries pair well with aromatic... - 35.1273
Curried Squash Stew
1. Heat a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Swirl in the oil, then add the onion and ginger. Cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, and pepper sauce; cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute.
2. Add the... - 32.9969
Cacao Dusted Butternut Squash Soup
1. In a large soup pot, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the leeks and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until very tender, about 15 minutes. Add the squash, potato and stock and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over moderate heat... - 32.8491
Stewed Chayote Squash
Peel and pit chayote; cut into small chunks.
Heat oil in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat.
When oil is hot, add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until onion is soft (about 5 minutes).
Add squash, tomato, and, if desired, chile; stir... - 32.6482