- » Steamed Turnip
Steamed Turnip Recipes
Enjoy our collection of steamed turnip recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for steamed turnip recipes.
Chinese Dim Sum Steamed Turnip Cake (lo Bak Gou)
1) Fill the steamer with water, cover and let it heat.
2) Grease a cake pan.
3) In a pan over high heat, add the oil, shrimp and sausage. Stir to fry quickly.
4) Take the fried ingredients out of the pan and set aside.
5) Add more oil to... - 86.2649
Steamed Turnip Stuffed With Ground Meat
1. In a small bowl, mix together ground meats, ginger, and all the seasoning ingredients, and stir well to mix.
2. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
3. Cut the turnip into 8 slices, about 1 centimetre thick.
4. Using a round mould... - 77.9672
Turnips With Hot Lemon Dressing
1) Cut the turnips into 1-2 inch pieces.
2) Steam the turnips for about 15-20 minutes or until tender.
3) In a skillet, heat butter or oil, lemon juice and parsley for 1 minute.
4) In a serving dish, arrange the turnips and pour... - 34.2611
Turnips Sauteed With Greens
In a large saucepan fry the garlic in the olive oil until brown, then discard.
Add the sliced turnips and sprinkle with salt and the grated lemon zest.
Saute for 5 minutes.
Add the chopped greens and sprinkle with pepper and the lemon juice.
Cover and steam... - 32.0023
Scrub 12 small round white turnips (if they are young it is not necessary to peel them), grate them in strips.
Sprinkle them with juice of 1 lemon.
Store in a plastic bag in refrigerator.
To serve, sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
Put them in a... - 26.2695
You May Also Like!
Steam turnips in small amount of water in steamer for 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
Season with salt and pepper; add butter, juice and vinegar.
Toss lightly. - 22.5261
Turnips And Turnip Greens With Ginger And Garlic
1) In a vegetable steamer place the turnips and steam over boiling water, by covering for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Do not overcook. Place the turnips aside.
2) In a large flameproof casserole, add oil and heat over low heat.... - 42.904
1. Peel and dice turnips.
2. Cook, cutting steaming time by 5 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 350°F.
4. Place drained turnips in a buttered baking dish.
5. Combine butter, honey, water, nutmeg and salt in a small saucepan. Heat until butter melts.
6. Pour combined... - 36.1947
Peel and thinly slice the turnips.
Steam until almost tender.
Put in layers in a 1 1/2-quart ovenproof casserole.
Make a very thin cream sauce: Melt butter, stir in flour, slowly add the half and half.
Cook until slightly thickened.
Sprinkle the jack cheese... - 35.1318
Turnips Conservatively Cooked
Scrub and peel the turnips thickly.
If large, cut into quarters, then slice thinly (if young turnips, slice the whole turnip).
Fat steam the turnips for 10 min., i.e.
shake them in the melted fat, well below frying temperature, with the lid on the pan until... - 29.3583
1) Peel turnips and quarter them.
2) Preheat oven moderate to 15 minutes.
3) In a saucepan heat water and steam turnips and onion for 10 minutes.
4) Put into a large bowl.
5) In a 1-quart saucepan, whisk the flour with about 2... - 45.156
Use the best of the tops, wash well and cook in i/2 inch water until tender.
Stir about often to cook evenly, strain, chop and stir in little butter.
Reheat and serve hot.
Mash cooked turnips with a few table-spoons of cream and a generous dash of... - 21.3166
Turnips With Apples
Steam turnips over boiling water until soft (about 20 minutes).
Add apple slices and steam a few more minutes until soft.
Remove from heat.
Mash together turnips and apples.
Season with pepper and butter to taste.
Sprinkle with cinnamon. - 29.6547
Turnips With Cheese
Peel and steam the turnips until they are tender, then slice thickly and lay in a buttered oven dish.
Just cover with Mornay sauce and sprinkle with a mixture of crumbs and cheese.
Dot with flakes of butter and bake in hot oven for 20 minutes, or place under... - 20.8626
Turnip And Apple Puree
Steam turnip for 15 to 20 minutes or until nearly tender.
Add apple and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until turnip and apple are tender.
In food processor or blender, puree turnip mixture until smooth (or mash or put through food mill).
Add yogurt,... - 32.2353