- » Steamed Holiday Pudding
Steamed Holiday Pudding Recipes
Enjoy our collection of steamed holiday pudding recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for steamed holiday pudding recipes.
Thanksgiving Recipe: An old-fashioned steamed bread pudding flavored with lemon, nutmeg and cognac. Makes an excellent choice for a holiday dessert. Why try ours? This is one incredible, classic dessert. It will melt in your mouth. - 101.429
Thai Sungkhaya Fuhktong
Looking for exotic desserts? Check out this Thai sungkhaya fukhtong, which is an amazingly light dessert and the way it is cooked makes it really exotic. In this video you can see how simply it is made and you will realize that how cooking is not only about... - 91.1643
Chocolate Steamed Pudding
Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water.
Combine the remaining ingredients, except for the hazelnuts, in a food processor or mixer and blend for 1 minute at low speed.
Add the melted chocolate and blend for 1 minute at high... - 49.65
Cranberry Orange Steamed Pudding
Butter the inside of a 1 1/2-2 qt (48-64 fl oz / 1.5-2 l) pudding mold and its cover.
Select a pot (with a cover) large enough to hold the mold.
Place a low trivet or jar lid in the pot bottom.
In a small pan combine the cold water with 1/3 cup (3 oz / 90 g)... - 49.2319
Steamed Blackberry Pudding
1. Drain the berries, reserving syrup.
2. Grease and flour well a 5 1/2-cup mold.
3. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar till light.
4. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
5. In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and 1/2... - 49.0005
1. Christmas pudding should be made well in advance. On the first day, prepare ingredients and on the second day prepare the basins and steam puddings. Set aside, and on Christmas day, reheat the pudding by steaming for another 2 hours.
2. Blanch almonds, and... - 48.9538
Schooldays Treacle Sponge
1. Grease a one liter pudding basin with a generous amount of butter.
2. In a separate bowl, mix golden syrup, breadcrumbs, and brandy well before pouring it into the pudding basin.
3. Start by beating the butter well and slowly incorporating sugar... - 48.8289
1) In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour and salt and keep aside.
2) Well-grease a 1 1/2-pint (scant 1-litre) pudding basin.
3) Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4) Lightly mix the eggs and vanilla essence... - 48.7826
Flamed Plum Pudding
1) Take a bowl and cream butter in it. Gradually stir in sugar, beating well.
2) Add vanilla and eggs. Beat nicely.
3) Add the next 5 ingredients, mix well.
4) Combine together soda, flour, spices and salt. Add to the creamed mixture.
5) Add... - 48.7155
Steamed Holiday Pudding
1) Take a large size bowl and combine the first 8 ingredients in it. Mix nicely.
2) Add orange juice, eggs and water. Stir nicely.
3) Take another bowl and mix together candied fruit, raisins, currants and figs in it. Add to the flour mixture, stirring... - 48.1754
Holiday Steamed Pudding
1. In a bowl cream together shortening, sugar and vanilla.
2. In a bowl beat egg yolk and add to creamed mixture.
3. Stir in dates, cherries and nuts.
4. In a bowl combine cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
5. Add alternately to fruit mixture with... - 48.1422
Molded Apricot Crown
1) Butter an 8-cup tube mold liberally and sprinkle with sugar. Tap out the excess, if any.
2) Drain the apricots. Select 6 perfect halves and set them aside for topping. From the rest, cut just enough to make ½ cup. Reserve the remaining syrup... - 47.968
Rich Fig Pudding
1.Cut figs, dates, raisin and ginger in slices.
2.Add a sprinkling of brandy and rum to it and leave for atleast 1 hour.
3.Combine the fruit mixture with crumbs, flour, suet and salt.
4.Whisk the eggs until light.
5.Add eggs to the... - 47.5295
Steamed Cranberry Pudding With Orange Hard Sauce
1. For orange hard sauce in a medium bowl, cream butter, gradually add remaining ingredients continuing to beat until fluffy.
2. Spoon into serving dish and chill.
3. For cranberry pudding, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine raisins and... - 47.3797
Eight Treasurers Rice Pudding
1) In a bowl soak rice in cold water for six hours.
2) Drain and transfer on a perforated plate or rack covered with a kitchen cloth.
3) In a saucepan boil water, add rice and steam for 20 minutes.
4) Sprinkle with cold water and steam... - 47.365
Grape Glazed Steamed Pudding
1. Grease and lightly flour 1 ½ quart brioche pan and set aside.
2. In a bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy, add in 1 ½ cups grape jelly, eggs and beat until well blended.
3. Add flours, wheat germ, baking powder, pie... - 47.3577
Malvern Apple Pudding
1. Grease a 1 litre pudding mold with oil or butter. Cut a square of greaseproof paper to cover bottom of mold so that the pudding can be demolded easily.
2. Cut a piece of foil to cover the mold when steaming the pudding.
3. In a... - 47.3485
Spicy Plum Pudding
1. In a large sized bowl, combine all the fruits and soak overnight in brandy or rum.
2. In medium sized flour, sieve flour along with spice powders. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine beaten eggs with ale or beer to make 1 pint... - 47.0172
Grayshott Nutmeat Loaf De Luxe
1) In a saucepan, gently saute the onion, mushrooms and tomatoes in butter, until tender.
2) Stir in the flour, stock, herbs, Vesop and allow to cook for a few minutes.
3) Turn off the heat, then stir in the nuts, crumbs, eggs, salt and pepper, and... - 46.9124
1) In a covered saucepan, heat oil and gently sauté chopped stalks and whole mushrooms for 10 minutes in it.
2) Take a basin; mix together flour, stuffing mix, dried milk or soya flour and salt in it and rub in fat or oil.
3) With a fork, mix this to... - 46.8434
Wild Venison Field Mushroom And Ale Pudding
1. Prepare the pastry in advance by sifting one tablespoon of flour and salt together.
2. Mix the salt, flour, suet, and 300 ml of cold water till the dough just holds together. Do not overwork the dough mixture.
3. Wrap the dough in cling... - 46.6495
1) In a bowl, combine the ground walnuts and spice together.
2) In another bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar together, until pale and creamy.
3) In a bowl, stiffly beat the egg whites, then fold into the egg yolk mixture, alternately with the ground... - 46.3716
Cherry Pudding With Jam Sauce
1) Grease a pudding basin or steaming mold.
2) In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
3) Slowly beat in the eggs one at a time.
4) Fold the butter-egg mixture in the sifted flour and cherries.
5) Add milk and... - 46.2518
Steamed Apple Pudding
1. Take a saucepan and lightly heat about 2 tablespoons of molasses. Add the chopped apples and cook for 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl, mix together the left over molasses, butter, orange juice, egg yolk, orange zest, and vanilla extract.
3. In another... - 46.1527
Pumpkin Spice Pudding
1) Into a sifter, measure the flour, soda, salt, instant mashed-potato powder and pumpkin-pie spice.
2) In a large bowl, cream the margarine or butter with brown sugar till the mixture is fluffy. Beat in the eggs and the vanilla and orange rind.
3)... - 46.0851
1) Grease a 10-cup mixing bowl properly and sprinkle it lightly with sugar. Tap out the excess, if any. Use jelly-roll slices to line the side and bottom.
2) In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the margarine or butter. Remove the pan from the heat and add... - 46.0515
Marmalade Puff Pudding
1) Into a sifter, measure the baking powder, flour and salt.
2) In a medium-sized bowl, cream the margarine or butter with sugar till the mixture is fluffy. Beat in the egg.
3) Sift in the dry ingredients, alternately with the milk. After each... - 45.9936
Holiday Plum And Dry Fruit Pudding
1. Butter a 10-cup mold; dust it evenly with granulated sugar, tapping out any excess.
2. Chop dates, figs, apricots and walnuts into small pieces. Combine with raisins and candied citron in a very large bowl.
3. Sift flour, pumpkin-pie spice and salt onto... - 45.9628
Holiday Snowball Pudding
1) Onto a wax paper, sift the salt, baking powder and flour.
2) In a medium-sized bowl, cream the margarine or butter with brown sugar and beat in the egg.
3) alternately with the milk, add the flour mixture. Beat well after each addition. Fold in the... - 45.8316
Steamed Plum Pudding
1) Split a vanilla bean lengthwise.
2) Scrape out the insides of the bean and place the powder in a medium bowl.
3) Stir in sugar till well blended.
4) Stir in all the remaining ingredients except boiling water and whipped cream.
5) For each serving,... - 45.6969
1) Into a bowl, sieve together flour and baking powder.
2) Add in the suet along with enough water to give the batter a soft, rolling consistency.
3) Grease a pudding basin. Line it with about 2/3 of the rolled out pastry.
4) Slice the rhubarb into... - 45.6066
Steamed Boston Brown Bread With Raisins
1. Great two 1-quart tin cans with oil.
2. In a large mixing bowl,
3. Combine cornmeal, flours, baking soda and salt.
4. Pour in the molasses and buttermilk and mix, stirring until smooth and well blended.
5. Add in raisins and gently... - 45.2889
Steamed Date Pudding
1) In a large bowl, mix together shortening, brown sugar and eggs. Add in the dates. Stir well.
2) In a bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
3) Next, fold in the lemon rind and... - 44.9324
1) Grease a pudding basin.
2) Cream the suet or butter and sugar together until soft and fluffy.
3) Add the whisked eggs, a little at a time, beating well between each addition.
4) Sieve the flour and salt together, and mix in gradually.
5) Add... - 43.7753
Steamed Date Nut Pudding
Set Power Select at MEDIUM.
Combine flour, walnuts, dates, raisins, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir in water, molasses, egg and butter.
Turn batter into greased 6-cup glass Bundt dish or 2-quart glass bowl with inverted glass in center.
Cover with... - 43.0638
Old Fashioned Steamed Pudding
Soften bread crumbs in sour milk.
Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy; add vanilla and blend thoroughly.
Beat egg and combine with milk and crumbs, then add to sugar and shortening mixture.
Sift flour, salt, soda and spices together; add... - 43
Steamed Blueberry Pudding
Cream butter and sugar.
Add egg; beat well.
Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk.
Fold in blueberries.
Fill greased 6-ounce custard cups or other individual molds 2/3 full.
Cover tops with wax paper; tie on firmly with cord.
Place on rack in... - 42.8269
Cranberry Molasses Pudding
1. In a large mixing bowl combine molasses and water and stir in soda.
2. Combine flour and salt, add molasses mixture and stir until smooth.
3. Add cranberries and stir gently.
4. Grease the top of a double boiler and pour in cranberry mixture.
5.... - 42.801
Pink Cinnamon Vanilla Custard
1. In a 1-quart mold add all ingredients and whisk together until combined.
2. Cover with aluminum foil.
3. Keep on a trivet in the slow cooker.
4. Add boiling water 1 inch.
5. Cover and cook on high for about 1 1/4 hours. Do not overcook.
6.... - 42.7415
Persimmon Steamed Pudding
In large bowl, stir together persimmon pulp, sugar, egg and butter.
Blend in milk.
In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
In another small bowl, toss raisins, dates and walnuts with 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture.
Fold remaining... - 42.5217
1.Sieve flour with salt into a basin.
2.Add butter to it.
3.Put sugar and currants in the mixture and mix.
4.Beat eggs and put in the mixture.
5.Stir well until smooth using a wooden spoon.
6.Put milk, if needed.
7.Put the mixture in an oiled basin and... - 41.1564
English Plum Pudding
Sift flour, salt, soda and spices together; stir in fruit and almonds.
Soften crumbs in milk 10 minutes.
Beat sugar into beaten egg yolks; add suet and crumbs; stir into flour fruit mixture.
Add fruit juice and jelly and mix well; fold in stiffly beaten egg... - 41.0125
Cherry Crown Pudding
1) Generously grease in 4-cup tube mould.
2) Place the cherries in bottom of the mould to form a pretty pattern.
3) In a bowl, prepare cake mix, as per the label directions.
4) Stir in the pecans and mace, and spoon over cherries.
5)... - 40.9219
Holiday Molasses Steamed Pudding
Mix buttermilk and soda together until foaming.
Add sugar, salt, molasses, egg, shortening, raisins and flour, stirring gently.
Pour into greased angel food cake pan.
Place on rack in steamer over water.
Steam for 2 hours.
Beat egg yolks until lemon colored;... - 40.8607
1. Mix the milk with 9 teaspoons of sugar and boil for 5 minutes. Cool.
2. Beat the eggs very well and add to the cold milk.
3. Add the vanilla essence. Mix well.
4. Mix 3 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of water in a vessel. Melt on a slow flame. When the... - 40.0573
Steamed Brown Bread Pudding
Combine ingredients in order given and place in greased mold.
Place in pan of boiling water and steam 3 hours.
Serve with a sauce.
For 6. - 37.7569
Deep Dish Apple Pudding
Mix suet with flour, salt and baking powder.
Add enough cold water to make a soft dough.
Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and line small greased pan with round of dough.
Fill with sliced apples and sprinkle with sugar.
Cover with another round made from the... - 37.6799
Molasses Fruit Pudding
Melt shortening, add molasses, milk and beaten egg.
Mix dry ingredients together, add raisins and stir into first mixture.
Turn into greased mold, cover and steam for 1 1/2 hours.
Serves 6. - 36.8092
Steamed Fig Pudding
Chop the suet and figs and mix them together with a wooden spoon or with your hands.
Soak the bread crumbs in milk and add to the suet mixture.
Beat in the eggs, add honey, and mix thoroughly.
Pour into a mold which has a tight-fitting lid.
Cover and place in... - 36.7828
Mix ingredients in the order given.
Turn into greased mold, cover with waxed paper and steam 2 hours.
Serve with Foamy Cranberry Sauce.
Serves 6. - 36.7627
Steamed Sponge Pudding
1. Take a 1 pint basin and grease it; prepare a piece of double greaseproof paper to cover the basin, and grease a circle in the centre where the paper touches the pudding.
2. Keep the basin on steamer.
3. Make the batter by creaming method.
4.... - 36.3537
Steamed Holiday Cranberry Pudding
Combine fruits, molasses, and spices.
Add sifted flour and salt.
Dissolve soda in cold water, add and blend well.
Turn the batter into a greased or oiled 1 1/2 qt pudding mold, cover with greased lid or doubled parchment paper tied on snugly.
Steam for 2 hrs... - 35.4231
Apple Holiday Pudding
Cream shortening, sugar and molasses together.
Add sifted dry ingredients, then stir in remaining ingredients and spoon into greased pudding molds.
Cover with greased brown paper or foil.
Steam 2 hours for small molds, 3 hours for large. - 34.8315
Steamed Holiday Pudding
Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.
Add eggs, orange juice, and water; stir well.
Combine raisins, candied fruit, currants, and figs; add to flour mixture, stirring, well.
Spoon mixture into a greased 1 1/2-quart steamed pudding mold; cover... - 33.9432