- » Steamed Clam Mussel
Steamed Clam Mussel Recipes
Enjoy our collection of steamed clam mussel recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for steamed clam mussel recipes.
Steamed Clams And Mussels On The Grill
How about steaming some mussels and clams over a grill! It’s the easiest thing to do and while you wait you could ship up a garlic bread! You have one exotic lunch ready or what! The bbq pit boys make a stupendous meal in t his video, see the video for... - 95.6824
Linguine With Steamed Clams And Mussels
1. Scrub clam and/or mussel shells after soaking them in cold water for 5 minutes.
2. Cook linguine in a pot with boiling water along with salt until it is firm, but nor hard. Drain and keep aside.
3. Add clams and/or mussels to a large pot with lid... - 41.4277
Mussels Steamed In Wine
Scrape and scrub the mussels under running water.
Remove the beards.
Put into a large bucket of cold water, add a handful of bran, and leave overnight.
Wash mussels well.
In a large saucepan add wine, shallots, onion, butter, parsley, and seasonings.
Cook... - 41.3352
Wine Steamed Mussels With Orange Segments
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add oregano, orange strips and wine, cook for a further 2 minutes.
2. lncrease heat, bring to the boil. Add mussels, cover and steam for 5 minutes. Transfer... - 35.5787
Penn Cove Steamed Mussels
Scrub the mussels under cold running water.
Remove barnacles with a small knife, and remove the beards.
Place the mussels in a large skillet with a lid.
Sprinkle them with the fennel, shallot, and wine.
Cover the skillet and place over medium-high... - 39.3954
Mussels & Clams In Spicy White Wine Herb Broth
1. Chop garlic, parsley, oregano and anchovy fillets together.
2. Heat some oil in a skillet and saute chopped ingredients. Stir for a while.
3. Add mussels and clams into the skillet.
4. Pour in white wine.
5. Sprinkle red pepper... - 112.704
Steamed Mussels With Minced Garlic
1) In a wok, boil water till the brim.
2) Put in mussels or other shellfish and cook until the shells open.
3) Now, remove, drain, and discard one side of the shell.
4) Place the half-shell with the mussel attached on a plate.
5) In a... - 42.8194
Steamed Mussels And Tilapia Tempura With Shirachi Mayonnaise
Chef Tony Clark makes four seafood dishes that can also be found at his restaurant in Cape May, NJ. Chef Victor Orsini comes on to talk about the seafood available for home delivery from Rastelli Direct, and Eugene Engel brings a great wine. - 112.706
Basque Steamed Mussels
1. Place red and green peppers in a 10-by 15-inch pan. Broil about 4 inches from heat until pepper skins are charred and blistered all over, turning as needed, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool. Pull off and discard skins, stems, and seeds. Chop red and green peppers... - 32.4977
Steamed Mussels With Tomatoes & Garlic
Preheat a 2- or 3-quart saute pan over medium-high heat until rim of pan is hot-to-the-touch.
Add 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the oil and wait for about 1 more minute.
Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and beginning to brown (3 to 5... - 40.1507
Clams With Garlic Butter
Scrub clams well with a brush under cold water; place in a wide heatproof serving bowl at least 1 inch deep.
Sprinkle garlic, parsley, and lemon juice over clams; dot with butter.
Place bowl on rack in wok over 1 1/2 to 2 inches boiling water.
Cover wok and... - 32.9886
Mussels With Sambuca And Fresh Basil
Mussels in brodo is always a crowd pleaser and this is a great twist on the classic preparation with white wine. The Anisette and basil pair very well together and the acidity in the tomatoes balances well with the shellfish. You can omit the butter is need... - 33.3814
Herbed Mussel Soup
1. Scrub the mussels thoroughly with a stiff brush, remove their beards by tugging on them, and discard any opened mussels. Place the mussels in a large bowl, cover with cold water, and stir in the mustard, which helps them disgorge any sand. Let stand for 15... - 37.7071
Down East Clam Bake
1. Half-fill a stockpot or large bowl with cold water; stir in 1 tablespoon of the salt. Remove the husks from the corn; soak both corn and husks in the salt water for 1 hour. Discard the silks.
2. Using a stiff brush, scrub the mussels and clams under cold... - 29.8472
Clams "a How-to Guide"
Clams "A How-To Guide" educates us on the various types of clams available and their uses. Depending on the properties of the clam, they can be used for making appropriate recipes. Like other mussels, clams should also be checked for safe consumption, and... - 38.1395
North Coast-style Ravioli With Mussels
You got to definitely try this North Coast-Style Ravioli With Mussels dish. If you love mussels or ravioli or both, the look no further, here is one North Coast-Style Ravioli With Mussels recipe which will delight you. Happy eating! - 33.1607
Mexilhoes De Aveiro
Wash and scrub mussels thoroughly and then rinse in several waters to make sure they are free of all sand and particles.
Chop onion and brown lightly in hot olive oil in a heavy skillet.
Add mussels and cover tightly to allow them to steam, shaking pan from... - 40.9502
Portuguese Pork And Clams
Combine wine, paprika, salt, pepper, 6 cloves minced garlic, bay leaves and mix well.
Add pork and marinate in the mixture for 8 hours or overnight.
Drain pork and reserve marinade, discarding bay leaves.
Heat oil in large skillet.
Saute... - 43.052
Poached Haddock With Mussels
Thaw fillets if frozen; cut into serving-size portions.
Clean mussels in cold water.
Scrub shells with stiff brush; rinse thoroughly several times.
Combine wine, water, and onion in large pan; bring to simmering stage.
Cover; steam about 5... - 43.4205
1. In a heavy big pot with clarified butter, sautÃ© garlic and onions for 2 minutes. Stir in thyme and celery, and sautÃ© for 3 more minutes.
2. Sprinkle a little flour and then, slowly add water to the vegetables. Using a whisk, break flour... - 46.0944
Pasta With Thai Basil Lemongrass And Clams
1. Wash and clean the clams of external dirt. Soak them for four hours in salted cold water and change the water regularly or atleast twice during the four hours.
2. Wash the basil leaves and shred them into half pieces.
3. Crush the... - 46.4861
Zuppa Di Vongole
1. In a medium sized, heavy bottomed pan heat olive oil, add garlic and cook over moderate heat for about 30 seconds, stirring in between.
2. Pour in the wine, add tomatoes and bring it to a boil.
3. Lower the heat and cook it for 10 minutes, covering... - 43.0861
Simply Steamed Seafood
Scrub clams and place in cold water to cover for at least 1 hour before cooking.
Examine clams and mussels and discard any that are cracked or not tightly closed.
Scrub mussels thoroughly under running water, pulling out and discarding fiberlike "beards."... - 28.9925
Cut fish into good-size serving pieces.
Crack the crab; remove top shell but keep it for making stock.
If you use lobster, cut tail into pieces and reserve body to make stock; if you use eastern lobster, cut tail into sections and crack claws.
Split shrimp... - 32.5808
Spanish-style Steamed Shellfish
Ingredients traditionally used in Spanish seafood stews are brought together here. Spanish chorizo and saffron flavor the broth, and a classic red pepper-based romesco sauce provides a tangy accent. - 41.8843
Steamed Shell Fish With Herbs
1) In a small serving bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the ginger-soy sauce. Put aside.
2) For each serving, in one layer of a multilayered steamer,place an assortment of shellfish.
3) Season each type of shellfish with a different... - 45.6295
1. Remove the meat from the lobster. Shell and devein the shrimp. Scrub the clams and mussels.
2. Cut the chicken into medium-sized serving pieces.
3. Combine the oregano, peppercorns, garlic, salt, two tablespoons of the olive oil and the vinegar and mash... - 41.6222
1) Steam the shrimp until pink for about 2 minutes and make sure you do not overcook. Put aside.
2) Steam the mussels and clams until they open, removing them as they open, about 3 minutes.
3) Ensure that you do not overcook them or they will... - 46.6631
1. Pick and discard mussels with broken shells and any that remain open; they are unsafe to eat.
2. Using a knife, Scrub the mussels and pull away the beards.
3. Clean them thoroughly several times with cold water.
4. Grease inside of a large... - 43.6501
1. Using a stiff brush, scrub the mussels and clams well under cold running water, removing the beards from the mussels and discarding any shells that have opened. Half-fill a large bowl with cold water, stir in the cornmeal, and add the mussels and clams.... - 32.1221
Try out the easy-to-make Cioppino recipe. Enjoy the Cioppino at any party and let us know how you liked it! - 44.4848
Am El Jo As Portuguesas
Saute garlic lightly in oil.
When hot, add clams.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cover with tight lid and steam until clams open.
Add lemon juice and parsley.
Then shake pan to distribute and leave over heat for a few minutes longer. - 34.8404
Scrub oysters, clams and mussels .
In a deep heavy Dutch oven, stockpot or old-fashioned braising kettle, brown onions in butter until golden.
Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer 5 or 6 minutes to extract flavors.
Discard lemon slices.
Pile in the... - 38.4232
This mouthwateringly delicious recipe for Paella Mediterraneo is great to enjoy with your family and friends. This Paella Mediterraneo is indeed a great treat for any occasion or any time of the day. Give it a try and savor this wonderful recipe! - 45.7605
Spanish Seafood Paella
1 Cut the chicken breasts in to bite size pieces.
2 Transfer them to a container and sprinkle with paprika and oregano.
3 Mix well and place in the refrigerator to marinate.
4 Chop the onion finely.
5 In a large skillet, heat the... - 107.608
In large skillet, brown the bacon and chorizo.
Remove to large dutch oven.
Discard all but 4 tablespoons of fat.
Add the pork, chicken, and ham and brown.
Then mix with the chorizo in dutch oven.
Saute the celery and artichoke hearts 5 minutes and add to... - 46.4603
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large ovenproof skillet or casserole, heat oil over medium heat.
3. Add and sauté garlic until lightly browned
4. Add onions and rice and sauté for 10 minutes until soft and lightly browned.
5. Add... - 47.7611
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet or paella pan over medium-low heat until hot.
Add garlic and cook just until garlic sizzles.
Add onions and rice; cook and stir 10 minutes or until onions are soft.
Stir in clam juice, wine, lemon... - 45.6627
In salad oil in Dutch oven saute chicken pieces until golden brown on all sides; remove and set aside.
In same oil, saute onion and garlic till they are golden.
Then add chicken broth, pepper, salt, tarragon, paprika, and saffron; bring to a boil.
Now add... - 47.7999
Seafood Pasta (pasta Con Frutte Del Mare) (pescatore)
Add the evoo to the saut� pan and bring it to almost smoking point.
Add the diced tomatoes and toss lightly.
Add the garlic to the tomatoes and toss lightly.
Add the clams and mussels and white wine, cover the saut� pan.
Let the clams and mussels... - 43.4463
Risotto Di Frutti Di Mare
Steam mussels and clams in 2 cups water with 1 tablespoon parsley.
Remove from shells.
Strain juices and set aside for later use.
Brown onion, garlic and celery in 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Add mussels, clams and shrimp.
Cook about 2... - 42.7182
Combine the oregano, peppercorns, garlic, salt, two tablespoons of the olive oil and the vinegar and mash with the back of a kitchen spoon or in a mortar.
Rub the chicken with this mixture.
Heat the remaining olive oil in a deep, heavy kettle and brown the... - 44.653
Scrub clams and mussels under cold running water; cut off any hairy beards from mussels.
Discard any clams or mussels that do not close when tapped.
Refrigerate mussels until needed.
Steam clams** over boiling water until shells open (about 5 minutes);... - 43.4114
Cook grease out of chorizos and strain.
Put aside to cool.
Saute chicken in oil.
Brown onion and garlic.
Add broth, pepper, salt, tarragon, paprika and saffron.
Bring to a boil.
Cook, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes.
Add tomatoes, peas, ground... - 42.8305
1. Prepare the lobsters by cutting them into 4 pieces each and by cracking the claws
2. In a 6-quart electric wok, place the oil and butter and heat for three minutes at 325°F
3. Add the onions to the hot wok and stir fry them for six... - 46.0944
Shellfish And Couscous With Fresh Tomatoes
1. In a large pot, bring the water to a boil add a dash of salt and stir in the couscous. Turn off the heat, and cover the pot tightly.
2. In a saute pan heat the olive oil over medium heat, sautÃ© the onion and hot pepper, stirring them often, until... - 45.6579
Orange Fennel Cioppino
1. Trim off feathery fennel tops; rinse, drain, wrap airtight, and chill. Trim off and discard base of fennel head, any bruises, and tough stalks. Rinse and thinly slice fennel head.
2. Trim tough tops and roots from leeks; pull off coarse outer layers. Cut... - 38.0427
Seafood In Parchment
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a 2- to 3-quart pan over medium-high heat.
Add garlic and stir until soft (about 1 minute).
Add tomato puree, wine, capers, and 1/4 cup of the chopped parsley.
Bring to a boil; then reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered,... - 41.7629
1. Saute onion, green pepper, celery, carrot and garlic in the olive oil or vegetable oil until soft in a kettle or Dutch oven.
2. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, bay leaf, salt and pepper; bring to boiling, then reduce heat; cover; simmer for 2 hours.... - 35.9996
1) In a kettle or Dutch oven, saute the onion, green pepper, celery, carrot and garlic in olive oil, until soft.
2) Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, simmer covered on a low heat for 2 hours. Then... - 42.4646
Paella Part 1 – Ingredients & Initial Preparation
Do you think making Spanish paella recipe is too much of a challenge? Then take a look at this video series to see how simply the chef puts together the most authentic Spanish delicacy. The chef has divided the video in 2 parts - in this part she displays... - 91.1468
Paella Part 2 – Finishing
This is part 2 of paella video series. Here the lady chef has provided instructions to combine the pre-cooked seafood with rice and chicken stock to make an absolutely succulent dish. Great recipe, a must try for all seafood lovers. - 83.9733
In a 12- to 14-quart pan, combine oil, onions, leeks, garlic, parsley, bay leaves, oregano, thyme, pepper, and saffron; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is limp.
Add tomatoes and juice, tomato sauce, and wine.
Cover and boil... - 39.0676
Seafood In Parchment Packets
In a 2- to 3-quart pan, stir 2 tablespoons oil and garlic over medium-high heat until garlic is soft.
Add tomato puree, wine, capers, and 1/4 cup chopped pars ley.
Simmer, uncovered, until sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to... - 40.3778
Spaghetti Al Cartoccio
Scrub the mussels and clams well with a stiffbrush or pot scourer.
Discard any mussel or clam that is open or has a broken shell.
Put them in a little water over a low heat and cook just until their shells open.
This will make sure that any sand comes out and... - 39.9919
Cioppino With Bread
1 In a kettle or a Dutch oven add olive oil and saute onion, green pepper, celery, carrot and garlic until soft.
2 Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, bay leaf, salt and pepper; heat to boiling.Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours. Discard the... - 42.2425
Halve garlic and saute it lightly in oil.
When hot, add clams which have been thoroughly rinsed in several waters.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cover with tight lid and steam until clams open.
Add lemon juice and parsley.
Then shake pan to distribute and... - 38.7996
California Shellfish Stew
Heat the oil in a large soup kettle.
Add the onions, peppers and garlic and cook over low heat, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
Add fish stock, zinfandel and tomatoes and raise the heat.
Stir in the basil, thyme and bay leaf, and... - 41.4725
Allow fresh shrimp to stand in boiling water to cover 3 min.
Remove shells and black vein running down back.
Order lobster cleaned and split, with claws cracked and removed from body.
Steam clams for 2 min.; then remove from shells, reserving the... - 40.9392
Paella is a traditional dish from Spain, a very tasty rice dish with seafood.
But in Japan, mussel and head-on shrimp are very expensive, so I used Japanese ingredients, such as shimeji mushrooms, clams (in season now), and head-off shrimps. Also, we don't... - 99.9345