- » Steamed Breakfast
Steamed Breakfast Recipes
Enjoy our collection of steamed breakfast recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for steamed breakfast recipes.
Nutritious Quinoa For Breakfast
When you feel like loading yourself with proteins, opt for a bowlful of quinoa. Dense in proteins, this super-healthy grain makes for scrummy breakfast option and tastes wonderful too. All you need to know is to make it perfectly to enjoy its best taste and... - 125.365
Homemade Soft And Spongy Idli
An all time classic breakfast item - "Idli". Now if u happen to be a South Indian you will already know the ratio of ingredients but what makes these steamed rice cakes different and spongy soft ones you get at restaurants, that just melt in your mouth?... - 124.839
Vegan And Gluten-free South Indian Breakfast
This breakfast recipe is meant for vegans, those allergic to gluten, diabetics and those on a low carb- and low-fat diet. Ragi Puttu, a dish of Kerala, is made of “ragi" popularly called finger millet and a fantastic source of amino acid methionine,... - 124.334
Asian Fluffy Hot Steamed Eggs
If you love Pan-Asian food, then you will definitely enjoy this dish. To me it is more of a breakfast essential, and also love the pungency of the fish sauce going in there. It is healthy and one can have it almost everyday. Enjoy this video from Maangchi! - 120.792
Indian Surti Locho
Surti Locho is a staple breakfast dish from Surat in India. Bhavna shows us how to make it in her own precise style. In my opinion, the Locho is the vegetarian equivalent of a lamb leg as it comes packed with protein. It is so perfect for breakfast. Enjoy! - 120.085
Pan Fried Omelette With Spring Onions And Steamed Eggs
FOR THE STEAMED EGGS
1. In a bowl combine eggs and water, whisk it well.
2. Pour in a bowl and steam the eggs for 10 minutes.
3. Remove once done and drizzle sesame oil and soy sauce.
4. Serve Steamed Eggs hot.
FOR THE PAN FRIED... - 119.627
Instant Rava Idly
Chef Manjula is showing an easier way of making idli's or it is better to call it instant rava idly recipe. Normal idly takes about two days of preparation where with this recipe one can easily have delicious idli's anytime of the day. Idlis are fat free and... - 117.639
Instant Oats Idli
Healthy and quick instant oats idli are always a hit at my house - they are steamed, they have oats and cracked wheat, no rice or starchy ingredients and they have veggies too...can't get healthier than this can it? The texture and flavor of this idli rarely... - 111.213
1. Saute dried corn husks over medium heat with olive oil.
2. In a pan heat oil and saute onions and garlic.
3. Add Gimme Lean ground beef and black beans and stir.
4. Then mix in salt and apple cider vinegar.
5. In a bowl add flour,... - 106.072
Homemade South Indian Idli
Idli is one of the most most popular south Indian recipe all over the country. Extremely scrumptious, light, fluffy and nutritious, Idly is an ideal Breakfast dish. Made of rice and Urad Daal, making Idly is not difficult at all, though its preparation takes... - 104.8
Scrummy Steamed Littleneck Clams With Beer And Bacon
Fast cooking and weeknight friendly, nothing really matches to the taste and the truckload of health benefits that seafood has to offer. And when it's something as scrummy and succulent as steamed littleneck clams cooked with beer and bacon, the taste just... - 103.857
Kerala-style Whole Wheat Idiyappam
This Idiyappam recipe is not only healthy but also doubles as a sweet and savory version. This is one of the easiest and quickest recipes I have come across for authentic Kerala style idiyappam, which evoke childhood memories. - 98.1357
Light And Healthy Poha
One of India's most staple breakfast dishes, this Light and Healthy Poha is easy to make and is full of taste. Prepared with beaten rice as the main ingredient, this poha can also be served as a light snack. The blend of ingredients impart this dish a... - 97.8513
Do you love oatmeal but give up on it most days due to the calorie and fat contents? Then watch this video and learn how to make oatmeal the healthy way. No frying, just steaming. Ramona Werst makes sure that you have a simple, yet delicious recipe to make... - 92.0356
Traditional Kerala Kappa Puttu
Tapioca is called kappa in Malayalam and is very popular and an all time favorite of Keralites. This recipe of Kappa Puttu is a traditional Kerala breakfast item and a rather unique recipe of cooking Tapioca. Kappa Puttu is made by adding grated coconut to... - 84.9958
Chinese Steamed Egg Custard
1. Beat the eggs until yolk and white are well blended.
2. Combine warm water, chicken powder, salt, sugar and stir well.
3. Whisk in the liquid into the eggs.
4. Strain the egg mixture to remove any coagulated bits.
5. Stir sesame oil into the egg... - 81.2198
These are actually pancake batter being made into steamed cakes! An easy recipe which is easy to do! A video with all the steps clear and precise! See the video for more! - 78.6291
Vegan Mung Bean Dumplings - Part 1: Ingredients & Preparation
Give your family a comfy meal even on the busiest weeknights with a stick-to-your-ribs mung bean dumplings. The chef teaches you how to make this lip-smacking dish right from the scratch. Rich in flavor and high on taste, mung bean dumplings is one great way... - 66.3771
Vegan Mung Bean Dumplings - Part 2: Cooking
Looking for a flavorful way to add some healthy proteins to your plate? What better way than stuff sticky rice dumplings with delicious mung bean stuffing. It's so sumptuous and easy-on-the-stomach that you can't really keep your hands off it. In the video,... - 65.5944
Idli And Sambar
Idli is an amazing South Indian sort of dumpling. steamed rice cake. It is made by steaming batter — traditionally made from pulses (specifically black lentils) and rice — into patties, usually two to three inches in diameter, using a mold.
Most often... - 60.5201
*Siopao is the Filipino version of the Chinese baozi (steamed buns). It is also called salapao in Thailand.
It is a popular food item in the Philippines. It does not require utensils to eat and can be consumed on-the-go. Like baozi, there are several siopao... - 54.1959
Fruited Brown Bread
Thoroughly grease four 16-ounce fruit or vegetable cans.
Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; stir in cornmeal and wholewheat flour.
Add buttermilk, molasses, raisins, and candied fruits; beat well.
Divide batter equally among the 4 cans.
Cover... - 51.1959
For Idli :
1. First mix suji, dahi, salt and red chilli powder.
2. Keep it for 5-6 minutes, then again mix and add some water to make dough.
3. Then add Eno and mix gently, then steam in mini idli stand for 8-10 minutes.
For Tadka :
1. Heat a non stick pan,... - 49.9556
Vermicelli is a type of pasta, round in section and somewhat thinner than spaghetti.
It can also be made as different dishes according to one's creativity and one such creation is "The Vermicelli Idli". - 49.8234
Buttermilk Brown Bread With Raisins
1) Into a bowl mix together the flour, cornmeal, all purpose flour, baking powder, soda, buttermilk, molasses and shortening
2) Using an electric beater, beat well to mix
3) Add in the raisins and mix well
4) Pour the batter into 2 greased 13 ounce... - 49.6593
Steamed Date Bread
I love this Steamed Date Bread recipe. A great Side Dish, i love serving this for breakfast. Filled with dates, this serves as a healthy option to snack on. - 49.3468
Idlis are soft, fluffy white, round discs that are a popular breakfast or snack in southern India. The method of making idlis is very simple maybe a little time consuming. Fermentation is the key to idlis turn cotton soft. If you live in a cold climate... - 48.8548
The No Rice Idli
Wash and is oak the two dals separately for an hour.
Grind each to a fine paste using some of the water that they have been soaked in.
Do not add excessive water.
Mix the two hatters in a bigger vessel that gives this upwardly mobile hatter space to rise.
Add... - 48.7112
Vermicelli Kitchdi (semiya Upma)
Vermicelli Kitchdi is a very simple, quick breakfast. Vermicelli will be easily available in any indian store, can be bought and stocked for months. Try this and enjoy! - 48.6786
Steamed Whole Grain Bread
This recipe for steamed whole grain bread is a mixed flour, oat and milet bread. Very nurtitious and healthy, the steamed bread has sunflower nuts and eggs in it. garnished with fresh strawberries and strawberry sauce, this can be served for breakfast as a... - 47.5808
Shao Mai is a yummy traditional Chinese dumpling that your family will fall in love with! Serve it as part of a grand breakfast or brunch or even serve it with tea for a change!! The Shao Mai is a regular part of our breakfast menu. Try it and you will... - 47.5233
Veg Glutinous Rice Wrapped In Lotus Leaf
Tired of the regular dishes? Make a difference with the veg glutinous rice wrap recipe. A highly nutritious dish, you can serve it as the main dish or enjoy as a snack. Try out this Veg glutinous rice recipe and make a big impact at your party. - 45.1458
1. Peel and dice potatoes.
2. Peel and chop fine, ginger and onion.
3. Chop green chillies.
4. Grate coconut.
5. Heat fat. Add crushed cinnamon, red onion and black gram.
6. When gram browns add potatoes, ginger, onion, green chillies, salt and just enough... - 43.7745
Steamed Eggs make for a filling and delicious breakfast. The yummy Shrimp and pork mixture along with egg never fails to impress and captivate ones taste buds. Try this Steamed Eggs for yourself! - 43.7677
1. Soak lentil and rice separately.
2. Shell peas. Peel potatoes. Slice onions.
3. Heat fat. Brown half the onions, remove and keep aside.
4. Brown remaining onions, lentil, sugar and spices.
5. Add rice and vegetables kept whole. Fry till rice begins to... - 43.714
Idlis With Sprouts
What can be more healthier than this steamed Idlis with Sprouts! Yea, with the goodness of sprout grams and uncooked rice, this steamed cakes are just the kind of breakfast anyone would want to indulge in. Such an easy dish to make and serve, these Idlis are... - 43.5776
Brown Is Beautiful
Beat the yogurt and mix in the semolina and rye flour.
Add salt and adequate water to make a batter as in any other idli (i.e thick dropping consistency).
Leave to ferment overnight.
Add the ginger, pepper and chillies just before preparing and mix... - 42.6758
Rava Idli is a variation of the popular South Indian breakfast item, idli. It is a speciality of the state of Karnataka in India and was invented by the popular restaurant chain, Mavalli Tiffin Rooms (MTR) of Bangalore. - 42.6013
Steamed Brown Bread
Sift together the all-purpose flour, soda, and salt.
Combine with the cornmeal and graham flour.
Mix together the molasses and buttermilk.
Stir into the dry ingredients.
Turn into a greased loaf tin 9" x 5".
Crease a piece of aluminum foil and make a 1" pleat... - 42.1994
1. Roast and crush peanuts coarsely.
2. Clean, wash and drain sago and keep for 2 hours.
3. Boil, peel and dice potatoes.
4. Heat oil. Add sliced green chillies, ginger and curry leaves. Saute.
5. Add sago, peanuts, sugar and salt. Cook covered.
6. Add cubed... - 41.6743
Chocolate Castle Cappuccino
1. Pour water in reservoir of espresso-cappuccino maker. Add coffee into the filter.
2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to brew espresso accordingly.
3. Pour into coffee cups until one-third full.
4. Add 1 tablespoon plus 1-teaspoon chocolate syrup... - 41.6264
Steamed Flower Buns
The Steamed Flower Buns is a yummy bun that my husband loves. The aromatic and mouthwatering bun is perfect for an informal dinner at home. You simply cant miss this Steamed Flower Buns recipe!! - 41.5622
Chocolate Almond Coffee
1. In a bowl add coffee beans, cocoa, and nutmeg. Toss well.
2. Put mixture in coffee grinder container and process to medium grind.
3. Follow manufacturer's instructions to assemble drip coffee maker.
4. Layer a paper filter or filter basket with... - 41.1433
Boston Whole Wheat Brown Bread
Cream shortening and sugar.
Beat in egg and molasses.
Beat in remaining ingredients.
Spoon into 2 well-greased 1-quart molds, filling a little more than half full.
Cover with greased lids or foil.
Set molds on rack in deep kettle and add boiling water to come... - 40.9274
In a large mixing bowl blend together buttermilk and molasses.
Stir in raisins.
Thoroughly stir together whole wheat flour, rye flour, cornmeal, baking soda, and salt; stir into buttermilk mixture till blended.
Divide batter among three greased 20-ounce clean... - 39.6915
Idlis are simple to prepare. The muffin container gives the Idlis a perfect two dimensional shape. The urad dal gives the Idlis the divine taste. Must try it. - 39.5464
Lee's Incredible Momos
Momos are traditional Tibetan steamed dumplings. Very easy to make and disappear quickly! - 39.5065
1. Prepare a steamer.
2. Lightly grease individual muffin cups with oil or butter.
3. Into a basin, sift together the flour and baking powder.
4. In large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar.
5. Use a wire whisk or an electric... - 39.4872
To do this superb idly you need to buy idly rice available in all Indian grocery stores. - 39.4396
1)In a large bowl, add salt, baking powder along with rice and dal flours.
2)Stir in water and make a batter of drop consistency. Let it rise overnight.
3)Take four small stainless steel bowls and grease them. Pour batter into... - 39.2677
1. Roast the semolina on a tawa (griddle) without any oil until it becomes yellow or very light pink in colour.
2. Mix the curds with the fruit salt and add the remaining ingredients to make a batter.
3. Steam in a small idli mould for 10 minutes. - 39.1007
Idli Rice Idlis
Wash and grind Urad dal first to a smooth paste with little water and put to a big bowl.
In a same jar wash and grind rice ,water little coarsely and add to urad dal paste.
Now grind cooked rice,water little to a smooth paste and add to a urad dal paste with... - 38.8327
Chocolate Castle Cappuccino
A winning chocolate castle cappuccino recipe which will go straight to your hearts! This chocolate castle cappuccino delight will gift you a luxury drink. You will love this one! - 38.7855
Viennese Orange Coffee
1. In container of a coffee grinder, add coffee beans. Process to medium grind.
2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to assemble drip coffee maker.
3. In paper filter or filter basket put orange rind.
4. Place ground coffee beans over it.
5. Sprinkle... - 38.7472
Savor these light and soft Idlis for your breakfast. Very easy as the batter may be prepared the night before and incredibly healthy, as idli is cooked by steaming with no use of oil. Team it up with your favorite chutneys, stews or gravies. - 38.6889
Soak urad daal for about 3-4 hrs ,at the same time mix the idli rava with water and let the consistency be thick.
Now blend the urad daal till its soft and fluffy.
Add idli rawa to the blended urad daal and mix it well to prepare batter.
Place the mixture in... - 38.6394
Recipe for delicious vegan "chicken" tamales, from Let's Cook Together on 3ABN. - 37.7481
Mix together all the ingredients to a batter.
Grease the cups of idli stand.
Put 1 large cup of water in the pressure cooker.
Fill the cups of idli stand with batter and place the stand in the cooker.
Close the lid, do not use the regulator for making the... - 37.3166
Idli Usli / Idli Upma
Powder the idlis with hands.
Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they splutter add asafoetida and curry leaves. Saute for 3 seconds.
Add slit green chillies and powdered idli. Check the seasoning and add salt accordingly.(Be careful while adding... - 37.1847
Idiyappam String Hoppers
1. Bring water to boil. Add oil and salt. Remove from fire.
2. Pour the boiling water slowly into the rice flour, stirring all the time to prevent lumps.
3. Knead well to form a soft dough.
4. Divide the dough into small portions and press each portion... - 37.1169
Cafe Mocha Cream
1. In a drip coffee maker or percolator brew coffee and water together. (Use medium grind for a drip coffee maker, coarse grind for a percolator.)
2. Pour brewed coffee into 6-ounce coffee cups.
3. Mix 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup and 1 tablespoon creme... - 37.0614
Steamed' in Bahamian food isn't done with water. Instead it is when food is seasoned with onion, green pepper, and either tomato paste or ketchup. This is a great Bahamian recipe using canned tuna. Great with white rice. - 36.0857
Double Boiler Millet Bread
1. Sift whole-wheat flour, millet meal, yellow cornmeal, baking powder and salt and mix well. Mix fruit and honey and stir well.
2. Arrange on the top of a thoroughly greased double broiler and cook, covered, atop boiling water for 2 hours.... - 36.0049
1. Wash and soak rice for about 30 minutes. Strain and dry.
2. Grind coarsely in the grinder.
3. Soak gram for one hour and grind with fenugreek till it is light and frothy.
4. Mix ground rice and ground gram and a little water and keep it overnight.
5. Add a... - 35.6426
Homemade Rice Sevai (rice Noodles)
A popular south indian rice noodle made using an extruder in a traditional way. Sevai is often flavoured with Lemon, Tamarind, Tomato, Coconut, etc. and tastes best when served warm. Popular accompaniments for plain sevai are sweetened coconut milk,... - 35.2315
This is a traditional kerala dish, mostly eaten for breakfast or as tea time snack (I prefer it as a snack). Ideally made with rice flour and with grated coconut and jaggery filling, there are many interesting variations to this dish. My version of ela ada... - 35.1385
Plain idli is the most common and the easiest of the breakfast items served in Kerala, especially on working days and if you have to feed a large group. The batter is often made the previous night and left for fermentation and in the morning all you are left... - 34.8873
Soak the urid dhaal for 1 hour, drain and place in a liquidizer or food processor with the salt.
Blend to a paste.
Grind the rice to a coarse powder, place in muslin and rinse carefully.
Set aside to soak for 10-15 minutes, then squeeze out the excess... - 34.7706
Ragi puttu is a very healthy variation of the puttu (steamed cake as non keralities call it). Ragi is a cereal, which offers immense health benefits over other known fast breakfast cereals available in the market. This puttu makes a good breakfast and snack... - 34.7044
1.In a large bowl, mix blue cheese, cream cheese, onion , Worcestershire sauce and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise.
2.Take the slices of toast and spread the cheese mixture evenly on them.
3.Put 2 slices of tomato on every slice along with 2 turkey slice and 1... - 34.6452
Idlis Using Idli Rava
This recipe is a easy way to make idlis especially for those who do not have a idli/dosa grinder or do not have a grinder that can handle rice easily.It uses Idli Rava instead of Rice and regular Urad Dal. - 34.574
Steamed Herring Roes
1) Clean the roes under running water. Pat dry them and keeps aside.
2) Take a plate and put the roes on it. Pour milk, seasoning and margarine on it. Cover it with another plate.
3) In a saucepan add water and steam roes for about 15... - 34.5382
Kerala ada is a sweet breakfast dish from Kerala and it is made on all special occasions and for regular breakfast too. Jaggery, sugar, ripened chakka fruit (jackfruit) are some of the sweet fillings used for stuffing this ada. Rice flour, water, coconut are... - 31.6055
1. Soak the gram and fenugreek seeds for 3-4 hours.
2. Grind till light and frothy.
3. Mix with roasted and cooled semolina. Add salt. Leave overnight.
4. Prepare as ordinary idlis. - 31.4649
1. Add salt to flour. Sprinkle some water over the flour and mix lightly to form a dry mixture. Make sure lumps do not form.
2. Now fill up the tube of the puttu maker with coconut gratings, followed by rice flour. Do this alternately. Make sure you end with... - 31.4273
Oats puttu is a healthy variation of a rice puttu, consumed in Kerala and Tamil Nadu. This puttu tastes more like a wheat puttu, which is prepared using wheat flour. Oats is the largest source of fiber and protein, and it is a popular breakfast cereal... - 31.4194
1. In a drip coffee maker or percolator brew coffee and water together. (Use medium grind for a drip coffee maker, coarse grind for a percolator.)
2. Pour brewed coffee into 4 cups and chill.
3. Mix chilled coffee, pineapple juice, and ice cream.
4.... - 31.2998
Steamed Eggs On Toast
1. Rub 4 custard cups with margarine, set them in a shallow saucepan containing a little water; the water should come half way up the cups.
2. Place 1 teaspoon of cheese in the bottom of each cup.
3. Break 1 large or 2 small eggs into each cup. Season with... - 30.5872
Rice And Moong Dal Idli
1. Soak the rice, dal and fenugreek seeds in water for 5 to 6 hours.
2. Grind the soaked ingredients in a mixer and leave the batter aside for at least 8 hours or preferably overnight.
3. Thereafter, add the soda bi-carb and salt and pour a little mixture... - 30.1618
Gothambu puttu or wheat puttu is prepared in the same way as rice puttu with the only difference that rice flour is replaced by wheat flour. This puttu is served as a breakfast dish and is good for diabetics. - 29.6044
A popular South Indian breakfast, this steamed breakfast can make a great contribution to your health. A combination of carbohydrates and proteins it provides just the nutritious breakfast you need to keep you going. - 28.6275
Cut onions into small pieces and keep it aside. Blend green chilli with salt to make paste. Chop coriander and curry leaves finely and add them to batter. Heat oil in pan, add chana dal and fry till it is golden brown, add onion and sautee till onions are... - 28.6063
Shift grams dal flour and rice flour. grate corn.
Melt ghee in a pot. Add mustard seeds when they crackle put cumin seeds. Add corn and sauté for 5 minutes. Pour milk. Keep for 5 minutes and remove. Mix both the flours slowly stirring. Add salt, green chili... - 21.8487
Mandarin Pancake Dinner
To eat, fill a steamed pancake sparingly with one of the three fillings, dab on a bit of sauce.
If you wish, roll up the pancake, and fold one end to hold in the juices.
Eat out of hand. - 21.437
Green Gram Dal Dhokla
Wash and soak green grams dal for 5-6 hours. Wash and beat and remove the skin. Remove the skin by beating the dal and removing water.
Add the squeezed dal and green chili and grind to paste. Add salt and just churn and pour the batter in the greased thali.... - 20.5537
1. Combine the millet, water, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the millet is cooked.
2. Plain, made with water or milk, the cereal can be eaten for breakfast with honey and cream. Made with broth, the cereal... - 20.0642
Innovative Idli For Breakfast
Idli is a delicious breakfast recipe of India, but what if while taking a bite you are pleasantly surprised. Yes, stuffed idli is something which will surprise everyone in your family on breakfast table. - 0
A tasty and interesting variety of idli. Made quite commonly in South Indian households. Can be eaten with various podi's and chutneys. - 0
Idiyappam is one of the favorite breakfast in Kerala. It is sometimes had as snack also. This is also healthy because it is steamed and light on the digestive system. - 0
Chiratta Puttu (steamed Rice Cake In Coconut Shell)
Puttu is a traditional breakfast in Kerala. It is a steamed food, so light on the digestive system. This is made in different forms and now a days with different fillings other than coconut. Though the preparations look cumbersome, it can be a great family... - 0
Instant Oats Idly (with Yogurt & Grated Carrots)
Just as the name implies, this idly is instant and requires no fermentation. Throw in your favorite veggies, flavor with herbs and spices, if you wish and there you have an excellent power packed breakfast to keep you going the entire day. And since you steam... - 0