- » Steam Rice Cake
Steam Rice Cake Recipes
Enjoy our collection of steam rice cake recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for steam rice cake recipes.
Steamed Rice Cake (banh Bo, Cow Cake)
Steamed Rice Cake (Banh Bo, Cow Cake) is quite labor intensive to make. The down side of this recipe is that it is high in sugar and fat. I tried my best to cut down the sugar a lot (The original recipe asked for 2 cups, I used 1 cup). The end result of this... - 125.02
Steamed Rice Cake
1) Combine all the ingredients and mix them gently.
2) In an aluminium pan, pour the mixture and steam uncovered for about 15-20 minutes.
3) Turn off the heat and remove the pan from the steamer.
4) In a small pan, add the mustard seeds, add red... - 36.653
Fermented Rice Dishes Like Idli & Dhokla
Even being in US you can get a taste of Indian food! Bhal Dave makes it so easy to prepare Indian dishes at home up to perfection that you would give restaurants food a skip. Try making healthy fermented rice dishes like Idli & Dhokla with adequate guidance... - 64.7759
Steamed Red Date Cake
1. Wash red dates and place in a saucepan with water. Bring to a boil; then cook, uncovered, over medium heat until softened
2. Skin and pit dates. Puree the pulp by forcing it through a ricer or fine sieve.
3. Gradually add glutinous rice flour to the puree... - 17.9132
Ask a Filipino what are the most popular Pinoy desserts and Kutsinta is going to be somewhere on the top of the list. These steamed sticky brown rice cakes are special to most Filipinos and bring back fond memories. Watch the Aubergine Chef demonstrate how to... - 106.075
Steamed White Sugar Sponge Cake ( Bak Tong Gou )
1) In a sauce pan, boil together sugar and 2 cups of water, when the water became a little luke warm, scoop out 2 tablespoons of water to stir the dried yeast, and set aside to form a layer of cloud.
2) Continue to heat the sugar water till it start... - 93.0226
Just thinking of taking a bite of the yummy Steamed Cake is making my mouth water! Trust me the Steamed Cake is very delicious. You just have to try it! - 43.8488
Chinese New Year Cake
In this video Miki shows you how to make New Year Cake (Nian Gao). It is predominantly made with glutinous rice flour. This cake is popular during Lunar New Years. It is a sweet dessert and tastes delicious when it is lightly toasted. This cake goes well... - 121.454
Handvo - Steamed Savory Vegetable Cake - Gujarati Cuisine
Those who follow gujarati recipes must have heard of this dish. It is called Handvo in Gujarati cuisine. It is a combination of rice and lentils. It can be cooked as well as baked. The chef has baked the handvo and it looks yummy. Simply delicious to eat. Do... - 109.276
Rice Cake For Chuseok (songpyeon)
How about some sweet dish or dessert from Korean cuisine? Maangchi is making a festive dish, Songpyeon or sweet balls with two types of filling, one with sesame seed powder and another with mung bean. Pine needles is a very interesting ingredient used to... - 88.8247
Korean Food: Mung Bean Rice Cakes (녹두 인절미)
1)In a large bowl wash the dried and peeled mung beans several times and soak the washed beans in water for 2 hours.
For the mung beans:
2)After 2 hours drain the beans.
3)Place a large metal or bamboo steamer on the stove, with a... - 0
Steamed Pork Bun ( Siopao )
How To Make Pork Filling:
Place the pork in a bowl and marinade it with hoisin sauce and refrigerate it for 1-2 hours.
Heat the shortening in a pan.
Saute the garlic and onions
Put the marinade pork and cook until the color of the outer part turns light... - 44.6985
Steamed Rice Noodle Rolls
1. Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Add the beef, mix well, and set aside for 30 minutes. Combine the dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
2. To make the noodle batter, sift the flour, cornstarch, and salt together into a... - 28.4412
Steamed Egg Cake With Green Onion
Oil an 8 " x 4 " glass loaf pan.
In a medium-size bowl, whisk all ingredients.
Pour into oiled pan.
In a wok or deep pot, bring 4 cups water to a boil.
Place pan on a steamer tray and cover.
Place tray over boiling water.
Reduce heat to medium-high.
Steam 5... - 31.923
Chinese Dim Sum Steamed Turnip Cake (lo Bak Gou)
1) Fill the steamer with water, cover and let it heat.
2) Grease a cake pan.
3) In a pan over high heat, add the oil, shrimp and sausage. Stir to fry quickly.
4) Take the fried ingredients out of the pan and set aside.
5) Add more oil to... - 87.8988
Idli And Sambar
Idli is an amazing South Indian sort of dumpling. steamed rice cake. It is made by steaming batter — traditionally made from pulses (specifically black lentils) and rice — into patties, usually two to three inches in diameter, using a mold.
Most often... - 62.2143
These date cakes are fabulous ! Dig into a chunk of this delicious date and walnut cakes anytime and tell me if you like it ! Your suggestions for this Date Cakes are welcome ! - 44.9585
Homemade Soft And Spongy Idli
An all time classic breakfast item - "Idli". Now if u happen to be a South Indian you will already know the ratio of ingredients but what makes these steamed rice cakes different and spongy soft ones you get at restaurants, that just melt in your mouth?... - 141.087
Egg Fried Rice With Fish Cakes
Whenever we think of Chinese foods, fried rice comes into our mind and these rice really make a delicious treat. Here in this video also, our Chinese chef tells how to make fried rice but with egg and fish cakes. This dish is truly marvellous and gets... - 115.784
1) In a bowl soak glutinous rice for a night. Drain and discard the water.
2) Press the first coconut cream from one coconut.
3) Add 1 cup of water and press second time. Let stand in separate bowls.
4) Steam rice for 15-20... - 38.5288
Steamed Ground Pork Chinese Style
1) Take a pan and cook rice by placing it in water.
2) Combine the remaining ingredients and pat it until becomes similar to a large cake.
3) Place the cake carefully over the boiling rice.
4) Cover the pan and steam it until the rice absorbs the water... - 41.507
Yam Cake Special
1) In a bowl, mix rice flour with yam.
2) Add enough water and blend to a thick consistency.
3) Gently pour in a greased round aluminium tray.
4) Steam over high heat until firm.
5) In a skillet, heat oil, add garlic and fry.
6) Stir rest of the... - 44.9233
This Khaman tastes incredible ! Try out this irresistibly seasoned moong and urad dal steamed cake for breakfast or a snack with spicy coriander dip ! Your suggestions for this Khaman are welcome ! - 46.5165
To do this superb idly you need to buy idly rice available in all Indian grocery stores. - 39.3654
Happy New Year! The Aubergine Chef and his friend Erik from All in the Name of Noms demonstrate how to make homemade mochi! Remember to visit www.TheAubergineChef.com to download this recipe for free, see more free how-to baking and pastry videos, and to read... - 101.242
Buttered Puto is a variation of the famous steamed rice cake, Puto. This steamed mini cakes are usually eaten as dessert but most prefer to have them during breakfast (with hot coffee or chocolate) or mid-afternoon snack (usually eaten with dinuguan or blood... - 102.232
Rice Fritters Sour Cream Escarole And Upside Down Cake
If you are prone to lactose intolerance and want to enjoy dairy products, have a look at this video. The video shares amazing information on lactose free sour cream. The host also shows wonderful recipes combining sour cream with other ingredients . Check it... - 125.475
Chinese Steamed Fish
Place the pieces of fish in a steamer.
Blend the sesame oil, soy FISH CAKES: sauce, sugar and ginger and spread over the top of the fish.
Sprinkle the sesame seeds over this mixture.
Cover the steamer and cook for 25 minutes over a pan of steadily boiling... - 28.5205
Homemade Sticky Rice Cakes For Tteokbokki And Tteokguk (떡볶이 떡)
Sticky Rice Cakes are an important ingredient, that are commonly used in many Korean, Japanese and Chinese dishes. While they may be available in Asian grocery stores or on the market streets of these countries, there are not very commonly available in... - 133.304
Best Of The Best With Chef William Distefano
1)For Thai Red Curry Oil: Heat a medium pan and add oil to it along with shallots, ginger, garlic, kaffir lime leaves galangal and lemon grass, pepper and fry the ingredients till the oil is infused with the flavors.
2)For the Cashew Butter: In a pan... - 0
Idlis With Sprouts
What can be more healthier than this steamed Idlis with Sprouts! Yea, with the goodness of sprout grams and uncooked rice, this steamed cakes are just the kind of breakfast anyone would want to indulge in. Such an easy dish to make and serve, these Idlis are... - 38.7267
Dhokla Or Gujarati Idra
All you snack lovers will relish the gujarati dhokla. This is a traditional gujarati snack. It can be prepared in a few minutes. The chef shows how to prepare the dhokla mix. You must try out this recipe after watching the video. - 135.095
Stuffed Bean Curd
1 Cut bean cufd cakes in half. Make a pocket in each half to contain filling, taking care not to break bean curd. In a bowl, combine filling ingredients. Stuff bean curd carefully with this mixture. Place bean curd in a shallow heatproof dish and steam for... - 35.6032
Chinese Smoked Meatballs
Soak the mushrooms in hot water to cover for 15 minutes or until soft. Drain, remove stems and chop caps finely. Drain chestnuts, rinse under cold running water and chop finely. Place mushrooms and chestnuts in a large bowl with remaining ingredients and mix... - 29.0114
Ragi puttu is a very healthy variation of the puttu (steamed cake as non keralities call it). Ragi is a cereal, which offers immense health benefits over other known fast breakfast cereals available in the market. This puttu makes a good breakfast and snack... - 36.2394
Have a sweet tooth? You have landed on the correct page absolutely. This video has a great Japanese Strawberry Daifuku recipe that makes for a great dessert. Watch the video now and treat your family to this delicacy. - 140.636
Idli & Dosa Part 1 A South Indian Treat
What can be a healthier way to kick-start your day than fluffy idlis and yummy dosas? Chef Bhal Dave tells you how to make fluffy idlis and crispy dosas easily. The best thing about these South Indian snacks is that they pack in fewer calories and can be... - 85.4005
Tuna Rice Patties In Tomato Sauce
Blend tuna and rice.
Combine egg, chopped onion, parsley, flour and salt, mixing well.
Add to tuna mixture.
Form in small flat cakes and fry in oil until golden brown.
Saute" grated onion and green pepper in butter.
Add tomato soup and Tabasco - 35.629
Vegetarian Fish Or Mock Fish
1. Prepare the mixture as directed on the packet.
2. Oil lightly a square cake tin. Pour in the mixture and steam.
3. Cut the steamed rice cake into rectangles. Should resemble fish fillets.
4. Sprinkle milk lightly over the cut rectangles. Coat well with... - 27.7261
Filled Fresh Rice Noodles
Filled Fresh Rice Noodles has a yummy taste. Filled Fresh Rice Noodles gets its taste from cake flour mixed with cornstarch and soy sauce filling. Filled Fresh Rice Noodles is inspired by many food joints across world. - 35.9162
Jujube Cakes are an easy to make sweet dish. I have a sweet tooth and this dish please me plenty! Try this Jujube Cakes recipe and you will understand why. - 29.3593
How To Make 2 Kinds Of Chinese New Year Cake (lin Gou)
1) To make the coconut flavored cake, mix hot water and sugar, stir until sugar has completely dissolved. Stir in coconut cream and let the mixture cool.
2) Place the glutinous rice flour and rice flour in a bowl, add the coconut cream mixture and... - 90.9689
Chinese New Year Turnip Cake
Happy Lunar New Year everyone! Gong Hei Fat Choi! Wrap your sleeves up for the ultimate Chinese tradition - Making law bak gow ("Turnip Cake" in Cantonese) for your fam bam to start off the Lunar New Year with good fortune!!! This is to show you how to make... - 151.467
Quick And Easy Fish Cake Rissoles
1.Place everything into your food processor if you have a small one.
2.Blend until everything is combined and forms a thick paste.
3.Once the paste is ready, use a measuring spoon or make a patty of the size you desire.
4.Flatten your cakes if they... - 110.066
Potato Gnocchi Using Cake Flour
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Spread a 1-inch layer of salt in a small roasting pan. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork and arrange them on the salt in a single layer. Bake until fork-tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove them from the oven and slit them... - 29.3061
Halloween Party Snacks
1. Dip the cutters in water.
2. Using the cutter, cut the steamed rice into a rabbit shape.
3. Remove the rice from the cutter and coat with mayonnaise.
4. Cut the cucumber into slice with the help of a cutter. Place the cucumber... - 91.6053
This dish goes well with puttu(steamed rice cake), chappathi(indian bread), appam(hoppers), dosa(south indian crêpe) and idli. - 43.1121
Stews always top the list of your favorites? Here's an amazing video that shows a great Japanese assorted stew recipe called Oden. This dish is an absolute bliss in winters. Don't deprive yourself of the authentic Oriental taste. Watch the video now. - 148.039
Glazed Walnut Sushi Roll
Prepare Teriyaki Glazed Walnuts.
In a small bowl, cover gourd strip with water; add salt.
Soak 20 minutes to soften fibers.
Drain and rinse well.
Cut in 8-inch strips.
In a small saucepan, simmer gourd strips in Glazing Sauce until sauce is completely... - 41.4544
Sabudana Chakri Chakli Or Murukku - Indian Snack
All those who like eating sabudana murukku, should definitely try this out. It is an easy snack to make. Chef Bhavna makes the chakli in the microwave so it's a healthy snack too. You can enjoy eating the murukku while having tea. So don't forget to check... - 97.9954
Kothimbir Chi Vadi
These delicious and savory pan-fried cilantro cakes are perfect for appetizers when entertaining or even during tea time as snacks. - 35.298
Sempio Dakgalbi (춘천 닭갈비)
1. On a chopping board, place the chicken breast pieces and slice them into 1 x ½ inch inch strips. Transfer the cut pieces in a bowl.
2. In the same bowl, add and combine the cooking wine, black pepper and 2/3 packet of the DakGalBi sauce with... - 122.648
Need appetizer ideas for the Japanese new year party?? There is no better way to kick start the Japanese new year than to treat your family to this traditional Ozoni soup. Here's a great video that shows a clear, step wise guide on how to prepare this... - 145.82
Shin Sol Lo
First prepare the fish.
Dip the fish pieces in the cornflour (cornstarch) batter and set aside for 5 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large frying-pan.
When it is hot, add the fish pieces and fry gently for 5 minutes on each side, or until the flesh just... - 38.4558
Tea Smoked Duck
Remove duckling neck and giblets; reserve for other uses, if desired.
Discard lumps of fat.
Rinse duckling inside and out and pat dry.
With a fork, prick skin all over at 1-inch intervals.
In a small frying pan over medium-low heat, cook salt and peppercorns,... - 38.4027
Korean Food: Army Base Soup (부대찌개)
What does a poor, hungry Korean do with a pack of hotdogs, spam, baked beans and cheese? Add hot pepper sauce and make a delicious comforting soup! This stew called Budae jjigae which comes from the Korean War times when American Soldiers gave food to the... - 127.106
Sukiyaki With Tofu & Noodles
1) In a saucepan, add the ingredients for the broth, blend well, allow to boil and keep aside.
2) On a large platter, nice arrange the meat, green onions, shirataki, tofu, and chrysanthemum leaves.
3) In each serving... - 45.3275
Stuffed Cabbage With Mushrooms And Pine Kernels
In a deep, heavy-based pan cook the onions and garlic in the olive oil till golden brown.
A long, slow cooking, covered with a lid, for 15 minutes is preferable to cooking them quickly.
When they are golden and sweet, add the chopped mushrooms and continue to... - 46.9397
Tea Smoked Duck
Remove duck neck and giblets; reserve for other uses.
Rinse duck inside and out and pat dry.
Trim off and discard excess neck skin; also discard lumps of fat.
With a fork, pierce skin all over duck.
In a 6- to 7-inch frying pan over medium-low heat, cook salt... - 38.4293
Stuffed Cabbage With Egg And Lemon Sauce
If rendering the minced meat, bring a stock pot, with about 3 litres (5 pt) of water, to a rolling boil and immediately turn it down to a simmer.
Sprinkle in the minced meat, rubbing it between your fingers into tiny pieces.
Simmer for about 10 minutes,... - 42.2599
Mizore Nabe With Vegetable And Fish Fillet
Hosting an oriental dinner and confused about the main dish?? Mizore Nabe with Vegetable and Fish Fillet makes for a great main dish. The mix of authentic ingredients with the vegetable makes this dish absolutely irresistible. Watch the chef prepare this... - 148.13
Steam Rice Cake Recipes By Category