- » Sri Lankan
Sri Lankan Recipes
Sri Lankan food is the amalgamation of the dishes influenced by the foreign traders and the colonial people involed within the country. Sri Lankan cuisine is recognized for the liberal use of native spices and hot ... More »
Ever had a spicey-ass, organic Sri Lankan curry? Experience this hot pleasure in the EcoRico kitchen with Giselle Achecar and Sherene Hulugalle! Bonus: Giselle quaffs her fiery thirst with a bottle of Quivira Mourvedre. Ahhhh. - 114.304
1. Wash eggplant and cut it into 2-inch long strips.
2. Sprinkle salt and turmeric on eggplant strips. Rub to coat well.
3. In a deep fryer, heat oil, drop eggplant, and deep fry until golden brown. Remove from wok, and let it drain on paper... - 101.553
Sri Lankan Chicken Curry
1. Wash and clean chicken by removing excess fat.
2. In a bowl place chicken, add curry powder, cayenne pepper, and vinegar. Mix well and set it aside to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight for flavor to infuse.
3. Place a large pot on... - 95.7592
Fish Ambul Thiyal
1. Wash fish and cut it into bite size cubes. Set it aside.
2. In a pan roast cayenne pepper, cumin powder, fennel powder, and coriander powder until dark in color.
3. In food processor, drop garlic, ginger, roasted spices, black pepper,... - 86.009
Healthy Fish Curry With Brown Rice
This one here is an Asian style fish curry and rice platter inspired from the island of Sri Lanka. Large chunks of cod are cooked in a gravy flavored with oriental spices and served with brown rice and a side of a salad.A good option of including heart... - 85.915
Creamy Sri Lankan Soup With Curry Puffs
The traditional Creamy Sri Lankan Soup With Curry Puffs is always prepared with tart apples. Sauteed onions and apples leave this special flavour in my kitchen everytime I make this recipe. Easy to prepare Creamy Sri Lankan Soup With Curry Puffs, as the name... - 49.9077
Sri Lankan Deviled Beef Ribs
1) In a large heavy pot, mix together the ribs with all the other ingredients except the chili sauce.
2) Pour in enough water to cover by 1 inch.
3) Uncover and allow the mixture to come to a boil over medium-high heat.
4) Lower the heat to medium and... - 42.6236
Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup
1. Roast and grind dry masalas to a fine powder.
2. In a pan add the butter and saute onions, carrots, and ginger-garlic paste for about 3 minutes.
3. Add dal, tomato, powdered masalas, haldi and 5 cups of water. Cover the pan and cook on high heat till... - 42.3793
Sri Lankan Salad
Immerse tomatoes for a few seconds in boiling water.
Place under cold running water, then remove skins. (They should slip off easily.) Cut tomatoes in half.
Remove and discard seeds.
Chop tomatoes into small pieces and place in a salad bowl.
Add lime juice,... - 39.261
Homemade Sweet Buns
These buns are very sweet and delicious. This is a kid friendly recipe. - 38.9186
Sri Lankan Consomme
Sri Lankan Consomme is a sweet combo of tart apples, onions, celery leaves in cream. And ofcourse meat consomme, the most important part of the recipe can never be ignored. Try out the Sri Lankan Consomme and serve hot to your guests. - 34.4986
Sri Lankan Saffron Rice
Put rice into a sieve and rinse under cold water until water runs clear. Set aside. Heat ghee in a saucepan and add onion, curry leaves or bay leaf, ginger and salt. Saute until onion is golden. Add rice and cook briksly, stirring, until rice is translucent... - 31.1333
Pancakes are one of the easiest and most delicious foods you can make for breakfast. These pancakes are light and fluffy. Try this recipe. - 30.3416
Pan Asian: Caramelized Eggplant Curry - Sri Lanka
1. Wash and cut eggplant into 2- inch strips. Season with salt and turmeric.
2. In hot oil, deep fry eggplant until golden brown. Transfer them on paper towel to drain.
3. In food processor, add garlic, ginger, sugar, salt, vinegar, and... - 0
Stewed Lentils (parippu)
1. Wash lentils thoroughly and drain it well. Remove stones and chaff, if any from the lentils.
2. Place a medium sized pot on flame and pour water in it. Bring water to a boil.
3. Add lentils, onion, green chili, cinnamon, garlic,... - 0
Pan Asian: Lentils Stewed In Coconut Milk (parippu) - Sri Lanka
1. Wash and remove any stones or chaff from lentils. Drain and set aside.
2. Place a medium sized pot on flame and boil water in it.
3. Drop lentils, onion, green chilies, garlic, pandanus, lemon grass, cinnamon, cardamom, and clove.... - 0
Sri Lankan Recipes By Category