- » Squid
Squid, often referred to as Calamari, is a popular and delicious variety of seafood, which is used as a main ingredient in many dishes. Fried Squid, Stuffed Squid, Squid Salad are some of the common manifestations of ... More »
There are so many ways of making squid. Batter frying is probably the most loved method. But try something new. This Korean grilled squid in a spicy-sweet sauce is not only low calorie, its high in protein and helps to control blood pressure. What more?... - 136.193
Unique appetizer ideas are always welcome. See this video that shows an extraordinary appetizer recipe that would definitely be a crowd pleaser. The video presents a terrific idea to transform simple squids into a flavorful and appealing treat. Take a... - 134.492
Korean Squid And Vegetable Stir-fry
Squid is a cheap and nutritious seafood option thus perfect for the frugal gourmet cook! What more, it’s easy to cook as it takes just a few minutes. This Korean style squid stir fry is spicy with the goodness of veggies. James uses frozen squid which saves... - 131.968
Vietnamese Muc Rang Muoi - Salt Toasted Squid
1. On a chopping board, place the squid pieces and using a sharp knife, make fine criss-cross lines on one side of the squid. Once done set it aside onto a plate and using a paper towel pat dry the pieces.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together the... - 127.883
Korean Ojingeochae Muchim
Want a Korean side dish for office lunch? Maangchi has a super simple dry shredded squid dish Ojingeochae muchim which she makes for her lunch box. All she does is tosses the dried squid in a sweet, spicy and shiny paste. Give it a try when you have almost no... - 122.804
Spicy Salty Squid
Well, the holidays are now over so it’s time to get back to our regularly scheduled program and make Asian dishes once again! This week, we show you how to make a favorite of yours–spicy & salty squid; it’s actually pretty easy… and tasty! - 114.823
Calamari With Tomato, Cilantro, Chipotle Sauce
1. To tenderize squid, in a large bowl combine squid, milk, garlic powder and turmeric. Mix well and soak for 24 hours.
2. For batter, in a large bowl, add flour, milk, egg, salt and pepper. Whisk well. Pop it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3.... - 109.583
Chef Eva shows how to make Fried Squid. This is a perfect appetizer to serve. You can serve it with any side dish you like. You'll enjoy it. - 108.19
Stir Fried Squid
1) In a large frying pan or wok, heat the oil.
2) Stir fry the squid in the hot oil for about 40 seconds, till it is almost cooked. Remove and move to a plate.
3) To the oil in the pan or wok, add the garlic and ginger and saute for 1 minute.
4) Keep... - 107.588
Classic Fermented Squid
Maangchi has yet another traditional fermented dish, Korean fermented squid. Loke kimchi, this dish is also full of spicy to make your mouth water. So, next time you get a good bargain on squids try this recipe and enjoy it for a long time. Its amazing to see... - 106.976
Stuffed Baby Squid
This appetizer will remind you of lazy days on the beach with sun, sand and seafood! Indulge your senses with this absolutely spectacular dish. Watch Victoria in her kitchen show you how to make these beauties in her Italian accent. It will almost transport... - 99.6325
Pusit Adobo - Filipino Squid Adobo
1.Wash the squid well to remove all sand particles.
2. In a heavy bottomed pan,pour in the vegetable oil.
3. Saute the garlic, onion, ginger and tomato.
4. Add the squid and sprinkle in the black pepper.Give it a stir.
5. Cover and... - 89.0223
1. In a large bowl take flour and coat squid into it, keep that aside.
2. In same flour add in the bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper. Mix well all the ingredients.
3. In another bowl take egg. First dip the squids into the egg mixture then... - 86.5009
Squid With Oyster Sauce
Take a look at this easy and super healthy squid with Oyster sauce recipe. Watch the video for step by step instructions, the video is in Filipino language. - 83.6676
Enjoy seafood at your table whenever you want! Barbeque squid is a delicious dish made in a simple way by Grace piper with squid, chili sauce and spices. It is a sheer delight for seafood lovers! - 73.0969
The peppered squid is a seafood recipe that is prepared with squid hoods flavored with a medley of herbs and worcestershire sauce. Cooked in the microwave, the squid hoods are marinated with port wine, olive oil, garlic and bay leaf. Tossed in pepper, the... - 49.1133
Baby Squid Stir Fry
1. Make thin slices of squid.
2. If the tentacles are large, chop them into half.
3. Season the squid with salt and pepper.
4. In a wok, add oil and heat.
5. Add garlic and cook gently until browned.
6. Discard the browned garlic.
7.... - 48.674
1) From each quid, remove the tentacles. Set aside.
2) Turn the body section (mantle) inside out and rinse properly in order to remove all the grit. Return to the right side.
3) Cut the mantle neatly into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
4)... - 44.3567
Squid With Bamboo Shoots
1) With a sharp knife cut the cleaned squid in half lengthwise and score each piece in a diamond pattern.
2) Cut the scored squid into pieces about 6 cm x 2 cm (2 1/2 in x 3/4 in).
3) Dry thoroughly.
4) In a hot oil, deep fry the squid... - 44.3247
Marinated Squid Alla Rosina
1) Wash the Squid and slice in even-sized rings.
2) Drop the squid rings in boiling water for about 30 seconds to poach them. Drain and keep aside.
3) In a bowl, prepare the marinade for the squid by combining olive oil, lemon juice,... - 42.7744
1) Heat the oil in a 9-inch non-stick skillet.
2) Add the garlic and vegetables and cook over high heat, frequently stirring, till the vegetables have turned tender-crisp (2 to 3 minutes).
3) Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the squid, and... - 42.7407
Squid Rings With Rotini
1) Wash the squid tubes and pat dry on a paper towel.
2) In a pot, add water and heat for rotini.
3) Cut the squid into 1/2-inch rings and keep aside.
4) In a pan, add oil and heat.
5) Add whole garlic and discard when golden brown.
6)... - 42.1048
Clean thoroughly in cold water, removing eyes, tentacles, mouth.
Let stand 2 hours in cold salted water.
Drain and pat dry.
Cut squids in small pieces.
Blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes.
Oil bottom of clay baker.
Add onions, squids, garlic... - 42.0267
Stir Fried Squid
Squid is almost better known by the Italian name of calamares; it is now much more readily available in fishmongers.
You may find that it is sold ready prepared and cut into rings, but if this is not done, then prepare as follows.
First wash the squid.
Pull... - 41.7847
Sweet And Sour Squid
Remove the head and tentacles of the squid; save for another use.
Cut the squid open carefully to become one flat piece.
Remove the membrane and cartilage and rinse in cold water.
Score the inside crosswise and then diagonally into a crisscross pattern; then... - 41.2118
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water, until firm to the bite.
While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large frying pan.
Add garlic and chilli and cook over high heat until just golden, 1-2 minutes.
Add squid and cook, stirring constantly, until... - 40.5252
Deep Fried Squid
1. To prepare the squid clean it by discarding the head, the transparent backbone as well as the ink bag.
2. Then peel off the thin skin, wash and dry well (often this part will already have been done by the fishmonger).
3. Open up the... - 40.3996
Deep Fried Squid
Prepare Seafood Cocktail Sauce, if desired.
Cut bodies of squid into 3/4-inch slices.
Trim long tentacles; cut tentacles crosswise in halves or quarters.
Dry squid pieces with paper towels.
In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper.
In... - 40.0081
Stuffed Squid Rings
Combine the tomatoes, garlic, and 1/3 cup of the boiling water and set aside to steep.
Put the spinach leaves in a colander, pour the rest of the boiling water over them, and let drain.
Remove the reconstituted tomatoes from the soaking liquid and sliver... - 39.4182
Squid Athenian Style
The Athenian style squid is a European squid recipe. Prepared with garlic and herbs like parsley and oregano, the athenian style squid is cooked with white wine. Flavored with added tomatoes and onions, the athenian style squid can be served with spaghetti or... - 39.3356
Cannery Row Glazed Squid Blossoms
In a medium-size bowl, cover mushrooms with warm water.
Soak 30 minutes or until needed.
Squeeze mushrooms dry.
Cut off and discard tough stems.
Leave small mushrooms whole or cut in half.
To clean squid, firmly grasp tentacles with 1 hand and mantle (body)... - 38.0942
Stir Fried Squid And Vegetables
1 Pull tentacles and intestines out of squid. Pull 'feather' out of body and discard. Cut tentacles from intestines, discard intestines. Rinse body and tentacles and peel skin from body. Drain well. Halve bodies lengthwise and score the inner surface.
2... - 38.0502
Squid Gilroy For Two
1) In a heavy skillet, heat oil and saute garlic and onions for about 2 minutes. Add in the squid rings into the hot skillet and stir fry for 10 minutes, stirring often in between.
2) Further, add in tomato sauce, wined, chopped parsley, Italian... - 37.6402
Squid Chilli Fry
Cut squid into small pieces. Wash well and allow to dry for 5 minutes.
Add ingredients from chilli powder to turmeric.
Mix well and keep aside for 5 minutes.
Heat oil in a kadai; add chopped onions and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
Add squid, mix... - 37.6191
Squid Rings With Rotini
Squid Rings With Rotini has a Appetizing tasteThe Cheese and oregano gives the Squid Rings With Rotini Miraculous taste. Must catch it - 36.3345
Baked Cheese-stuffed Squid
Remove tentacles from each squid and set aside; turn body section (mantle) inside-out, wash thoroughly to remove all grit, and return to right side.
Preheat oven to 375Â°F.
Cut tentacles into small pieces; in small bowl combine tentacles with ricotta... - 36.2348
Squid Chilli Stir Fry
The squid chili stir fry is a herbed squid recipe. Prepared with basil and cherry tomatoes along with bean sprouts, the squid chili stir fry is flavored with lemon juice. Cooked together, the squid stir fry can be served as an appetizing side for parties or... - 34.8926
Thaw squid, if frozen.
Pull fin and outer part of tail away from head and tentacles.
Cut off tentacles just above eyes; remove hard cartilage from tentacles.
Discard entrails and eye section.
Skin and clean body cavity, removing transparent pen.
Slice body... - 34.7616
Stir Fried Fresh Squid And Vegetables
1. Clean squid and cut in l inch squares.
2. Slice bamboo shoots, celery and dried onion. Stem and blanch snow peas.
3. In one cup, combine stock, sugar and soy sauce; in another, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add salt, then squid;... - 34.5319
Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan.
Add the squid and onions and fry, stirring, until the onions are golden.
Stir in the remaining ingredients, except the olives, and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring... - 34.4197
Squid Recipes By Category