- » Squid
Squid, often referred to as Calamari, is a popular and delicious variety of seafood, which is used as a main ingredient in many dishes. Fried Squid, Stuffed Squid, Squid Salad are some of the common manifestations of ... More »
Today we'll learn how to prepare the stuffed squids, a famous and tasty fish main course, not difficult at all! - 124.835
Korean Ojingeochae Muchim
Want a Korean side dish for office lunch? Maangchi has a super simple dry shredded squid dish Ojingeochae muchim which she makes for her lunch box. All she does is tosses the dried squid in a sweet, spicy and shiny paste. Give it a try when you have almost no... - 121.226
Unique appetizer ideas are always welcome. See this video that shows an extraordinary appetizer recipe that would definitely be a crowd pleaser. The video presents a terrific idea to transform simple squids into a flavorful and appealing treat. Take a... - 105.304
Korean Squid And Vegetable Stir-fry
Squid is a cheap and nutritious seafood option thus perfect for the frugal gourmet cook! What more, it’s easy to cook as it takes just a few minutes. This Korean style squid stir fry is spicy with the goodness of veggies. James uses frozen squid which saves... - 104.61
Stir Fried Squid
1) In a large frying pan or wok, heat the oil.
2) Stir fry the squid in the hot oil for about 40 seconds, till it is almost cooked. Remove and move to a plate.
3) To the oil in the pan or wok, add the garlic and ginger and saute for 1 minute.
4) Keep... - 104.32
Classic Fermented Squid
Maangchi has yet another traditional fermented dish, Korean fermented squid. Loke kimchi, this dish is also full of spicy to make your mouth water. So, next time you get a good bargain on squids try this recipe and enjoy it for a long time. Its amazing to see... - 103.634
Chef Eva shows how to make Fried Squid. This is a perfect appetizer to serve. You can serve it with any side dish you like. You'll enjoy it. - 100.899
There are so many ways of making squid. Batter frying is probably the most loved method. But try something new. This Korean grilled squid in a spicy-sweet sauce is not only low calorie, its high in protein and helps to control blood pressure. What more?... - 100.866
Stuffed Baby Squid
This appetizer will remind you of lazy days on the beach with sun, sand and seafood! Indulge your senses with this absolutely spectacular dish. Watch Victoria in her kitchen show you how to make these beauties in her Italian accent. It will almost transport... - 90.0188
Pusit Adobo - Filipino Squid Adobo
1.Wash the squid well to remove all sand particles.
2. In a heavy bottomed pan,pour in the vegetable oil.
3. Saute the garlic, onion, ginger and tomato.
4. Add the squid and sprinkle in the black pepper.Give it a stir.
5. Cover and... - 85.7991
Squid With Oyster Sauce
Take a look at this easy and super healthy squid with Oyster sauce recipe. Watch the video for step by step instructions, the video is in Filipino language. - 83.7275
Enjoy seafood at your table whenever you want! Barbeque squid is a delicious dish made in a simple way by Grace piper with squid, chili sauce and spices. It is a sheer delight for seafood lovers! - 69.8577
Quick Fried Squid With Crab And Tomato Sauce
1. Cut squid into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces.
2. In a large bowl, mix together crab meat, tomato puree, sugar, soy sauce, chicken stock and dry sherry.
3. In a cup, blend corn flour with 1 tablespoon water to make smooth paste.
4. In a wok... - 50.0781
The peppered squid is a seafood recipe that is prepared with squid hoods flavored with a medley of herbs and worcestershire sauce. Cooked in the microwave, the squid hoods are marinated with port wine, olive oil, garlic and bay leaf. Tossed in pepper, the... - 49.1717
Baby Squid Stir Fry
1. Make thin slices of squid.
2. If the tentacles are large, chop them into half.
3. Season the squid with salt and pepper.
4. In a wok, add oil and heat.
5. Add garlic and cook gently until browned.
6. Discard the browned garlic.
7.... - 47.6132
Marinated Squid Alla Rosina
1) Wash the Squid and slice in even-sized rings.
2) Drop the squid rings in boiling water for about 30 seconds to poach them. Drain and keep aside.
3) In a bowl, prepare the marinade for the squid by combining olive oil, lemon juice,... - 45.6227
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) From each squid, remove the tentacles.
3) Turn the body section, mantle, inside out and thoroughly rinse to remove all the grit. Return to the right side.
4) Cut the tentacles neatly into... - 45.4048
Herb Stuffed Squid
Herb stuffed squid is a exotic squid recipe made with herbs like basil and parsley with spices. Cooked with added sherry and white wine, the herb stufed squid can be served as an entrÃ©e at parties. With ahint of lemon, this stuffed squid recipe is quite... - 45.2742
Squid With Bamboo Shoots
1) With a sharp knife cut the cleaned squid in half lengthwise and score each piece in a diamond pattern.
2) Cut the scored squid into pieces about 6 cm x 2 cm (2 1/2 in x 3/4 in).
3) Dry thoroughly.
4) In a hot oil, deep fry the squid... - 44.7499
Squid And Green Peppers
1. Prepare the squid by cleaning first.
2. Discard head, transparent back bone and the ink bag.
3. Wash thoroughly under cold running water.
4. Pat dry cleaned squids with paper towels.
5. Peel off the thin skin of the squid.
6. Cut the flesh... - 44.5712
1) From each quid, remove the tentacles. Set aside.
2) Turn the body section (mantle) inside out and rinse properly in order to remove all the grit. Return to the right side.
3) Cut the mantle neatly into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
4)... - 44.3269
Clean thoroughly in cold water, removing eyes, tentacles, mouth.
Let stand 2 hours in cold salted water.
Drain and pat dry.
Cut squids in small pieces.
Blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes.
Oil bottom of clay baker.
Add onions, squids, garlic... - 44.1761
Rinse tentacles in cold water.
Drain and mince finely.
In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil, add onion and minced tentacles and cook over low heat until tentacles turn pink.
Heat to boiling.
Reduce heat, add rice,... - 43.9917
Sweet And Sour Squid
Remove the head and tentacles of the squid; save for another use.
Cut the squid open carefully to become one flat piece.
Remove the membrane and cartilage and rinse in cold water.
Score the inside crosswise and then diagonally into a crisscross pattern; then... - 43.3933
Clean the squid.
Remove the heads from the bodies, and clean the body tubes.
Cut the tentacles from the heads, and chop fairly fine.
In a saute pan, saute the yellow onion in 1/4 cup olive oil until golden.
Add the chopped squid tentacles, chopped... - 43.2431
Stir Fried Squid
Squid is almost better known by the Italian name of calamares; it is now much more readily available in fishmongers.
You may find that it is sold ready prepared and cut into rings, but if this is not done, then prepare as follows.
First wash the squid.
Pull... - 43.2026
Pull heads of squid away from tentacles.
Remove and discard inner organs.
Reach into body cavity, and remove and discard the plastic-like spine.
Chop tentacles, and wing flesh.
Heat oil, and gently try chopped ham, chopped tentacles, and wing... - 43.0899
Squid Rings With Rotini
1) Wash the squid tubes and pat dry on a paper towel.
2) In a pot, add water and heat for rotini.
3) Cut the squid into 1/2-inch rings and keep aside.
4) In a pan, add oil and heat.
5) Add whole garlic and discard when golden brown.
6)... - 42.7295
Squid Athenian Style
The Athenian style squid is a European squid recipe. Prepared with garlic and herbs like parsley and oregano, the athenian style squid is cooked with white wine. Flavored with added tomatoes and onions, the athenian style squid can be served with spaghetti or... - 41.7209
1) Heat the oil in a 9-inch non-stick skillet.
2) Add the garlic and vegetables and cook over high heat, frequently stirring, till the vegetables have turned tender-crisp (2 to 3 minutes).
3) Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the squid, and... - 41.593
Stuffed Squid Rings
Combine the tomatoes, garlic, and 1/3 cup of the boiling water and set aside to steep.
Put the spinach leaves in a colander, pour the rest of the boiling water over them, and let drain.
Remove the reconstituted tomatoes from the soaking liquid and sliver... - 41.3722
Squid And Green Peppers
1. Prepare the squid by discarding the head, transparent backbone and the ink bag.
2. Under running cold water wash and pat dry with kitchen paper.
3. Remove the thin skin from the squid and make small pieces of the squid to resemble the size of a... - 41.2395
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water, until firm to the bite.
While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large frying pan.
Add garlic and chilli and cook over high heat until just golden, 1-2 minutes.
Add squid and cook, stirring constantly, until... - 40.8914
1. To make the stuffing, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the garlic, breadcrumbs, parsley, cheese and a little salt and pepper. Stir until thoroughly blended.
2. Dry the squid tubes on kitchen... - 40.7811
Cannery Row Glazed Squid Blossoms
In a medium-size bowl, cover mushrooms with warm water.
Soak 30 minutes or until needed.
Squeeze mushrooms dry.
Cut off and discard tough stems.
Leave small mushrooms whole or cut in half.
To clean squid, firmly grasp tentacles with 1 hand and mantle (body)... - 40.4893
Squid In Tomato Sauce
Saute the garlic in the olive oil.
Add the yellow onion, celery, green pepper, carrots, and parsley.
When all the vegetables are tender, add the tomato sauce.
Add the wine and the soup stock.
Bring to a simmer, and add salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, and... - 40.39
This Stuffed Squid tastes incredible ! Try this irresistibly seasoned seafood bake with pine nuts, garlic and raisin stuffings and let me know if you like it ! Your suggestions for this Stuffed Squid are welcome ! - 38.8514
Stir Fried Squid And Vegetables
Are you looking for a proven Stir Fried Squid And Vegetables recipe? Chinese Stir Fried Squid And Vegetables is served as a tasty Main Dish. The marriage of the incredible flavors of vegetable with other ingredients is the secret to this Stir Fried Squid And... - 37.9392
Squid Rings With Rotini
Squid Rings With Rotini has a Appetizing tasteThe Cheese and oregano gives the Squid Rings With Rotini Miraculous taste. Must catch it - 37.6281
Squid Gilroy For Two
1) In a heavy skillet, heat oil and saute garlic and onions for about 2 minutes. Add in the squid rings into the hot skillet and stir fry for 10 minutes, stirring often in between.
2) Further, add in tomato sauce, wined, chopped parsley, Italian... - 36.8953
Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan.
Add the squid and onions and fry, stirring, until the onions are golden.
Stir in the remaining ingredients, except the olives, and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring... - 36.8923
Stir Fried Fresh Squid And Vegetables
1. Clean squid and cut in l inch squares.
2. Slice bamboo shoots, celery and dried onion. Stem and blanch snow peas.
3. In one cup, combine stock, sugar and soy sauce; in another, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add salt, then squid;... - 36.7055
Squid Chilli Fry
Cut squid into small pieces. Wash well and allow to dry for 5 minutes.
Add ingredients from chilli powder to turmeric.
Mix well and keep aside for 5 minutes.
Heat oil in a kadai; add chopped onions and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
Add squid, mix... - 36.5229
Thaw squid, if frozen.
Pull fin and outer part of tail away from head and tentacles.
Cut off tentacles just above eyes; remove hard cartilage from tentacles.
Discard entrails and eye section.
Skin and clean body cavity, removing transparent pen.
Slice body... - 36.2369
Squid Chilli Stir Fry
The squid chili stir fry is a herbed squid recipe. Prepared with basil and cherry tomatoes along with bean sprouts, the squid chili stir fry is flavored with lemon juice. Cooked together, the squid stir fry can be served as an appetizing side for parties or... - 36.0398
Stir-fried Squid And Vegetables
1 Pull tentacles and intestines out of squid. Pull feather out of body and discard. Cut tentacles from intestines, discard intestines. Rinse body and tentacles and peel skin from body. Drain well. Halve bodies lengthwise and score the inner surface.
2 Discard... - 35.6449
Clean each squid by pulling the head out from the tubular body.
The insides should come right along with the head.
Reach inside the tubular body, and remove the plasticlike backbone; discard.
If you wish to use the heads as well, cut off the body innards and... - 35.4519
This deep fired squid is perfect for beach parties and dinner parties if you want to serve something out of the ordinary. The squid is simply coated with seasoned flour and deep fried. Garnished with lemon wedges, the deep fried squid will definitely have you... - 35.0236
Cheesy Stuffed Squid
1. To make stuffing, combine breadcrumbs, parsley, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic, cayenne and egg. Divide mixture into four equal portions and spoon into squid hoods. Secure ends with a toothpick or skewer.
2. Heat oil in a frypan and cook... - 34.8827
Barbecued Stuffed Squid
1. Preheat barbecue to a high heat.
2. To make filling, place breadcrumbs, cheese, olives, tomatoes, lemon juice, oregano and black pepper to taste in bowl and mix to combine.
3. Spoon filling into squid tubes and secure opening with a wooden toothpick or... - 34.2769
Squid With Dried Shrimps And Green Pepper
1. To prepare the squid, pull off the head and remove the transparent 'quill' and innards. Peel off the skin. Cut the squid body into thin rings. Cut the tentacles from the head just below the eyes. Set aside the rings and tentacles and discard the rest.
2.... - 34.2674
Cut the squid in pieces about 5 cm x 2 cm (2 in x 3/4 in).
Score crosswise in a diamond pattern with a sharp knife, cutting about half-way into the squid meat so that it will curl during cooking.
Bring water and salt to boil and drop in squid.
Simmer just... - 31.7386
Combine bread crumbs, parsley, cheese, salad oil, onion, salt and pepper; stuff squid with mixture.
Pour oil into shallow baking dish and place stuffed squid carefully in pan.
Bake, uncovered, in a 375° oven for 35 minutes - 31.3027
Mostaccioli With Squid
1. In a large flameproof casserole, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is soft. Stir in pancetta or bacon and cook 3 minutes.
2. Add squid to pan and increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring, 1 to... - 31.0133
Stir Fried Fresh Squid
1. Clean squid and cut in l-inch squares. Cut scallion stalk in l-inch sections. Crush ginger root.
2. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add scallion and ginger root; stir-fry a few times. Add squid and stir-fry to coat with oil (about... - 30.9756
Wash and clean squid well and drain.
Place in casserole (no water is necessary), cover, and cook for 30 minutes or until tender.
Drain and chop, reserving the liquid for making pilaf.
To squid in casserole add olive oil, vinegar, spices, and salt and... - 30.9007
Rinse and dry the squid.
Dust with flour, then dip in egg.
Heat oil to 350°F 180°C, and fry squid for 3-4 mins, or until golden.
Drain on kitchen paper.
Sprinkle with salt.
Serve hot with lemon slices. - 30.849
Masala Squids Stuff
Grind all the above, except the squid in vinegar, adding salt for taste. Clean the squids, taking out the plastic like stick and drain them dry. Stuff the above ground masala in them and keep in a plate for half an hour.
Heat the oil in a frying pan... - 28.971
Fried Squid Rings
Wash the squid and remove the ink bags, tentacles, and plastic-like spine.
Cut the bodies into thin rings, dry thoroughly, and dip into batter.
Deep fry until crisp, and serve hot with quarters of the lemon. - 24.2516
Charcoal Broiled Vinha D'alhos Squid
Clean squid, removing insides and cutting it open.
Marinate with the powder and let stand for 2 hours.
Broil over charcoal quickly, just until done.
Do not overcook. - 23.7751
Stir-fried Spicy Squid With Rice (매운 오징어 덮밥)
1. In a large saucepan on high, heat the oil and add the garlic. Stir fry the garlic pieces for about 10 seconds.
2. Stir in the onion slices, frozen squid rings, hot chili hyangshin sauce and hot pepper powder. Mix well and stir fry for another 5... - 0
Shquib Squid (calamari)
On this episode of Dicksta's Dishes, The Dicksta shows the world how to make Calamari his way. But he didn't learn this skill without loss. You might want to see what story he has in store for you. - 0
Squid Recipes By Category