- » Spoonbread
Enjoy our collection of spoonbread recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for spoonbread recipes.
1. Preheat oven hot to 400°.
2. In the top of a double boiler mix cornmeal, milk and salt together.
3. Cook over boiling water for 15 minutes to a thick mush.
4. Stir constantly towards end.
5. Mix butter to it.
6. Cool the mixture.
7.... - 36.9083
Combine cornmeal, 1 tablespoon sugar, and red pepper in a saucepan.
Add milk and margarine; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
Remove from heat; let cool 10 minutes.
Add egg yolk; stir.
Beat... - 35.153
Southern Spoonbread are small sized bread using served along with appetizers. Southern Spoonbread gets its taste from cornmeal mixed with milk and eggs. - 31.9768
You May Also Like!
Butter bottom and sides of 2-quart souffle dish or casserole.
Dust with cornmeal.
In large saucepan, combine tomatoes, chilies, butter,' salt, oregano, and cumin.
Break tomatoes into small chunks with spoon.
Cook and stir over medium heat until butter... - 44.7631
Spoonbread is pudding bread, which is generally eaten by spoon or fork. Spoonbread is easy to make side dish recipe. Spoonbread gets its taste from eggs mixed with vegetable soup and cornmeal. - 31.637
Souper Spoonbread has a great taste. Souper Spoonbread gets its taste from corn meal mixed with eggs and cheese soup. Souper Spoonbread is inspired by many food joints around world. - 40.7973
1. On a medium saucepan, spray some cooking spray and place it on medium to high heat and allow to heat up
2. Add green onions and garlic and saute tilll tender; turn the heat down afterwards
3. Add milk, water, cornmeal and salt and cook for almost... - 45.6354
1) Take a saucepan and combine cornmeal and water to make a thick and smooth paste.
2) Heat over medium flame and then remove from heat.
3) Whisk cheese, garlic, butter, and salt, keep stirring until cheese melts completely.
4) Stir in bacon, reserving... - 47.404
Corn And Bacon Spoonbread
Corn And Bacon Spoonbread has a yummy taste. If you like bacon with cornmeal bread then try this Corn And Bacon Spoonbread recipe, you will be blow away by its dynamic taste. - 45.1013
Spoonbread Tamale Pie
Spoonbread Tamale Pie is a delicious side dish version that you will always love to include in your party. The Spoonbread Tamale Pie will surely always tempt you to try it again and again! - 40.2977
Combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until mixture is thickened, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat.
Combine eggs and milk; stir into cornmeal mixture.
Pour into a lightly greased 1 1/2 -quart casserole.
Bake at 425Â° for 30... - 27.1741
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Generously grease shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
2. In 4-quart saucepan, combine milk, salt, and pepper; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; with wire whisk, whisk in cornmeal. Add butter, stirring until... - 32.1573
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
2) In a saucepan, add in the corn meal and water. Let the mixture come to a boil.
3) Keep stirring till the mixture starts to thicken.
4) Take the pan off the heat. Add in... - 40.2073