- » Split Pea Rice
Split Pea Rice Recipes
Enjoy our collection of split pea rice recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for split pea rice recipes.
Yellow Split Pea Dal With Brown Rice & Broccoli
Sort split peas to remove debris; rinse and let drain.
In a 6- to 8-quart pan, mix 1 cup broth, onions, carrots, ginger, and garlic.
Stir often on high heat until liquid evaporates and vegetables start to brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
Stir in 1/3 cup broth,... - 40.3419
Split Pea & Rice Soup
Bring water to a full boil in a 4-quart pot. Add all ingredients except tamari or soy sauce. Bring to a second boil.
Reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add more water if soup seems too thick.
At end of cooking... - 32.689
Split Pea Casserole
1. In a large casserole dish, mix together rice, brewer's yeast and cottage cheese at the bottom, pour soup over it and sprinkle with wheat germ
2. Cook in the oven at 350°F for half an hour till heated through
3. Serve as appropriate - 30.5406
You May Also Like!
Rice With Yellow Split Peas
Soak split peas in 1 1/2 cups cold water and leave for an hour, then drain.
Bring 3 cups of water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil.
When the water is boiling rapidly, drain the split peas and put them in.
Boil rapidly for 6 to 7 minutes, and drain.
In a 4-quart... - 40.3181
Curried Split Peas With Rice
Combine peas and water in a Dutch oven.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 40 to 45 minutes or until peas are tender.
Drain well, and set aside.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add margarine.
Place over medium heat until... - 44.4317
Puree Of Split Peas
1) Pour off the water from split peas and rinse in cold running water.
2) In a saucepan, place the split peas and cover with water.
3) Add 2 tablespoon of butter, bay leaf and mustard to the split peas.
4) Put the lid on and simmer for 1 to 1 ½ hours... - 42.1514
Yellow Split Peas
Wash peas until water runs clear and place in pan with water, salt, pepper, turmeric.
Bring to boil over low heat and cook until tender.
Add more water if peas go dry, but do not make it too thin.
Saute sliced onion, chopped green pepper and minced garlic in... - 29.2663
Spinach And Split Pea Soup
1. Wash and drain the split peas.
2. In a saucepan, cover the split peas with 2 cups of water and allow to soak for a minimum of 1/2 an hour.
3. Add additional 2 ½ cups water to the soaked split peas and place the saucepan on a medium... - 48.6474
Split Pea & Green Pea Salad
1. Sort through split peas, discarding any debris; then rinse and drain peas. In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart (1.4-to 1.9-liter) pan, bring broth to a boil over high heat. Add split peas and dried thyme. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until split peas are tender to... - 33.9862
Stove Top Split Pea Casserole
Stove Top Split Pea Casserole has a Tangy taste. The beef and tomatoes give the Stove Top Split Pea Casserole moist taste. - 34.633
Hot Persian Yogurt Soup
1. Take a pot and add split peas, rice and water into it.
2. Boil the mixture and cook over low heat for about 2 hours until the peas turn tender.
3. Add spinach and salt and cook over low heat until the spinach gets cooked.
4. Add water to thicken... - 45.4362
Split Peas With Vegetables
Taste adventure! Yellow split peas are flavored with a sampling of the spices, vegetables and fruit commonly found in the cuisine of India. - 37.196
Indian Yellow Split Pea Soup
1.Take a soup kettle, add oil and heat it over medium heat.
2.Add the chopped onion and saute till transparent.
3.Now add the cumin, and saute till it until it splutters and releases it's fragrance.
4.Add the split peas,water and turmeric and bring to... - 47.2696