- » Spiced Turnip
Spiced Turnip Recipes
Enjoy our collection of spiced turnip recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for spiced turnip recipes.
Spiced Baby Turnips
Peel and rinse the turnips, slice into 1/4 inch (6 mm) slices and each slice into four.
Put the turnips in a casserole and add 1/3 cup (4 1/2 table spoons) of water, the butter, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
Add the... - 35.8363
Spiced Turnips With Spinach And Tomatoes
1. Plunge the tomatoes into a bowl of boiling water for 30 seconds, then refresh in a bowl of cold water. Peel away the tomato skins and chop roughly. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or saute pan and fry the onion slices for about 5 minutes until... - 33.654
Mixed Cheese & Turnips Au Gratin
Grease casserole with oil.
Layer onions, turnips, and cheeses in casserole.
Beat eggs, adding wine and putting in spices.
Pour liquids over casserole and place cheese on top.
Bake 1 to 1-1/2 hours at 350 degrees, or until turnips are tender. - 37.1259
Turnip And Potato Puree
turnip and potato puree is a flavorful vegetable puree. Spiced with ginger, garlic and others, the turnip and potato puree makes a delicious sauce like preparation that can be used in casseroles. Fruited with apple, this vegetable puree is quite savory. - 34.5774
Sweet Turnip And Carrot Pickle
The sweet turnip and carrot pickle is a vegetable pickle. Made with shalgam and gajar, as popularly known in India, the sweet turnip and carrot pickle is a cooked pickle and is flavored with spices like ginger, garlic, cumin and chili peppers along with... - 37.7852
Cauliflower, Turnip And Carrot Pickle
The cauliflower carrots and turnip pickle is a mixed vegetable pickle recipe. Prepared with spices like ginger, mustard and garlic along with chili pepper amonst others, the cauliflower, carrots and turnip pickle is a cooked pickle and is great with almost... - 43.0034
Braised Beef With Cloves And Turnips
1. Trim excess fat from roast. Season with salt and pepper. Dust lightly with flour. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add meat and cook, turning, 10 minutes, or until evenly browned all over. Add onion and cloves. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until... - 30.8917
This turnip pickle or shalgam ka achar is a spiced vegetable pickle. Made with garlic, chili powder, cumin and onion seeds, the turnip pickle is made with added dry dates and set in the sun to mature before it is used. - 38.4175
Moroccan Lamb Tajine With Turnips And Chickpeas
This is an outstanding video for Moroccan recipe, lamb tajine with turnips and chickpeas The turnip here wonderfully retains all the spicy flavors of the meat and gets a rich buttery texture that would simply melt in your mouth. This is a great video to try... - 132.253
Pork & Preserved Turnip Soup
Pork & Preserved Turnip Soup has a fine taste. Pork & Preserved Turnip Soup gets its taste from pork and turnip mixed with cornstarch and chicken broth. Pork & Preserved Turnip Soup is inspired by many food joints across the world. - 46.0852
High-fiber Gravy Of Kidney Beans & Turnips
Red kidney beans and turnips, cooked together in a velvety gravy, with almost no oil or fat, makes for a very effective and tasty weight-loss recipe. The high fiber content of beans and turnips makes this dish satiating, so that you don't reach out for a... - 0
Turnip And Lime Juice Relish
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine lemon juice and salt and mix well.
2. Add turnips and coat evenly.
3. Cling wrap or foil wrap and marinate at room temperature for minimum 3 hours.
4. Before service, add harissa and mix well.
5. Serve as an... - 35.5393
Roast Chicken With Apples Turnips And Garlic
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2. In a small bowl, combine the paprika, pepper and salt.
3. Grease a roasting pan with butter or oil.
4. Rub the spice mix inside and on the chicken so that the meat is well seasoned.
5. Place the bird... - 44.4319
Herb Roasted Pork With Turnips Apples And Onions
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. With a sharp meat knife or kitchen scissors, trim off all the excess fat from the pork.
3. Season the pork with salt and pepper.
4. In a small skillet, heat the oil.
5. Add the herbs and spices and... - 45.68
1 Wash the turnips well.
2 Scrape them and cut each turnip into thick round pieces.
3 In a pan, heat oil.
4 Add in the turnips and deep fry for about 15-20 minutes until deep red in color.
5 In another pan, put 2 tablespoons of oil... - 46.9998
Spiced Pot Roast With Red Wine
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Sprinkle the beef with the salt and pepper.
2 Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, turning frequently, until browned, about 8 minutes. Add the cider and wine, stirring to scrape any browned... - 33.2879
Order the joint well ahead, to enable the butcher to salt it for you. Soak the meat for several hours or overnight, then drain and rinse. Put it in a large pan with the vegetables, cover with water and bring slowly to the boil. Remove any scum, cover with a... - 23.5774
Old Country Spiced Beef
1) Choose a nice middle rib roast and get it rolled and boned. An ideal cut for spiced beef would be the one containing both fat and lean meat.
2) Take a crock and mix the salt along with the saltpeter.
3) Add the minced onion, sugar and chopped... - 47.1646
Cold Meat Platter
Cold Meat Platter is the perfect dish for your parties. Last time I served it was two weeks ago for my husbands colleagues. Not only were they impressed by its flavor but they also wanted more and more and more!!! You simply have to try this Cold Meat Platter... - 46.118
Oven Lamb Stew
1. Put lamb into a Dutch oven. Season with salt, thyme, bay leaf, allspice, parsley, and garlic. Add cabbage, leeks, sliced onions, and potatoes. Pour in water. Cover tightly and bring rapidly to boiling.
2. Cook in a 350°F oven about 1 1/2 hours, or until... - 33.2965
Bulghur And Mushroom Soup
1. In a large Dutch oven, heat the bulghur while stirring until it browns slightly. Slowly add the broth and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 50 minutes, or until the bulghur is tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium-sized skillet and saute the... - 27.1535
Lentil, Rice, And Tofu Soup
1. Wash the lentils and put them in a large kettle or Dutch oven. Add the rice and water, bring to a boil, and cook until the rice and lentils are tender, about 50 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a medium-sized skillet and saut6 the onion until tender but not... - 28.574
Roasted Vegetables With Hot Chili Pepper Dip
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C. Divide the oil between 2 large roasting pans and heat in the oven.
2. Scrub the potatoes and cut into wedges. Peel the parsnip and turnips. Cut the parsnip into strips about the same size as the potato wedges. Cut the... - 32.431
Smothered Mixed Vegetables
These Smothered Mixed Vegetables are truly delicious ! Try this spiced vegetable casserole for your next meal ! Your suggestions for these Smothered Mixed Vegetables is welcome ! - 30.7646
Creamy Parsnip Soup
1 ln a large heavy saucepan or 5-quart Dutch oven, heat the oil over low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Add the apple and cook, stir ring frequently, for 5... - 32.5674
Saffron Broth With Chicken
1) Dice the chicken into 3/4-inch pieces.
2) In a small bowl, dissolve the saffron in the 1 tablespoon warm water.
3) In a large saucepan, bring the broth, 2 cups water, 1/2 garlic, carrots, turnips and 1/2 saffron to a boil over a... - 48.0136
Crispy Barbecued Pork
Pour a kettleful of boiling water over the skin of the pork, drain and dry.
Rub the pork with salt and leave to dry for 45 minutes.
Score the skin of the pork in a diamond pattern.
Pierce the meat with a skewer in several places.
Rub the soy sauce and 5-spice... - 37.8679
Shalgam Gosht Masala
Here is another treat for foodies who love to try out spicy curries. Shalgam Gosht Masala is a mouth watering curry to serve with steamed rice. Like all other recipes from this chef, this recipe is also very easy to make, if you follow her instructions. The... - 127.218
Turkey En Cocotte
This Turkey En Cocotte is one of the best turkey vegetable dishes that I've ever known. Savor these herbed and spiced skillet-cooked drumsticks baked with turnip and romaine leaves in your very next meal. Feel free to express yourself about this Turkey En... - 34.2588
Dry Fried Beans
Dry Fried Beans is a tasty appetizer. Dry Fried Beans gets its amazing taste from Shrimp and pork mixed with beans and chicken broth, flavored with sherry. Dry Fried Beans is loved by seafood lovers across the world. - 43.4324
Mixed Vegetable Pickle
1 Wash the vegetables.
2 Peel and cut the vegetables (carrots into long slices, cauliflower into medium pieces, round slices of turnip in medium thickness).
3 In a pan, blanch the vegetables in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes.
4 Drain out... - 38.3001
Chicken Wonton Soup
This version of wonton soup is so delicious, it's addictive! The chicken dumplings or wontons, stuffed with ground chicken, turnip, egg and spices, are are easily put together using wonton wrappers. This wonton soup is a great way to use up leftover roast... - 133.957
Beef And Vegetable Soup
Place shank, water, salt, pepper, mustard, paprika, oregano, celery and onion in a 5-quart, enameled, iron pot.
Bring to boil, cover, and simmer over low fire for 4 hours or until meat is done and loosened from the bone.
Take meat from broth, removing all... - 36.9544
Vegetables En Casserole
1. Wash and soak the rice.
2. Prepare vegetables.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
4. Butter a large casserole dish.
5. Drain the rice well.
6. In the buttered casserole, layer the rice topped with turnips, peas, tomato slices,... - 43.7967
Mediterranean Kefta Burger
Here is a fabulous video for Mediterranean style kefta burger that is simply incredible. The chef serves the American style grilled beef burgers with a Mediterranean flavored garlic mayonnaise and salad. See the video for this great Mediterranean-American... - 122.912
Preheat the oven to 180Â°C/350Â°F/Gas mark 4.
Wash and dry the cauliflower.
Remove the outer leaves.
Using a spice grinder or pestle and mortar, grind the chilli, cayenne pepper, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon grated ginger and 1/2 teaspoon garam masala... - 41.3201
1. Cut mutton and turnips into cubes, wash spinach, slice onions.
2. Heat mustard oil till it smokes, add sliced onions saute lightly, then add whole spices and mutton pieces and fry for 5 minutes. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for a little longer time. Add... - 29.0899
Classic Oxtail Soup
In a large skillet over high heat, brown oxtails well on all sides in oil.
Transfer pieces to a soup pot with a slotted spoon, reserving 3 tablespoons fat in the skillet.
Add enough water to cover the oxtails by 1 or 2 inches, then add small onion, spice bag... - 42.5591
Put salt, sugar and saltpeter into a large saucepan with pickling spices tied in cheesecloth.
Add bay leaves, thyme and 4 1/2 quarts water and heat gently, stirring, till sugar and salt have dissolved.
Bring to a boil, then pour into bowl and cool.
Add meat... - 43.2743
1.Start by cutting the chicken
2.In a pan, sauté chopped onion, carrot, and turnip in melted fat to make a savory sauce
3.Now add flour gradually in the pan, also pour boiling water and add strained cooked tomato
4.Season with salt,... - 43.5134