- » Spiced Prune
Spiced Prune Recipes
Enjoy our collection of spiced prune recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for spiced prune recipes.
Place prunes in saucepan; cover with water; add vinegar and spices.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer till fruit is tender and plump, about 25 minutes.
Add sugar; simmer 5 to 10 minutes longer.
Cover and chill 1 or 2 days.
Some... - 35.8736
Put prunes in a bowl.
Pour boiling water over and let stand until cool.
Squeeze orange and save half of orange skin.
Strain the orange juice into the prunes, cover and let stand in refrigerator overnight.
Lay the half orange skin on the table and cut away the... - 34.0009
1. Wash the prunes, cover with the water and let soak 4 or 5 hours. Use a large enamel or agate kettle for this. If prunes are presoaked, omit this step.
2. Do not drain; add the oranges, and the cloves and peppercorn tied in a bag. Simmer 1 hour. Remove the... - 33.0917
ln a medium-size saucepan, combine the prunes, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.
Squeeze the juice from the lemon slice over the prunes, then add the lemon to the pan.
Add just enough waterto coverthe prunes.Bring to.a boil over moderate heat; then lower... - 28.4024
1. Put prunes into a 1-quart jar; cover with boiling water.
2. Add remaining ingredients; cover.
3. Refrigerate 1 week.
4. Serve with cream, if desired. - 27.7241
Simmer prunes in 1 c water for 30 min.
In the meantime combine remaining 1/2 c water, the vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cloves, and boil gently for 15 min.
Drain prunes and add them to the spiced liquid; then cook slowly until liquid is, reduced and... - 27.1117
Simmer prunes in hot water 30 minutes or till tender.
Add remaining ingredients and cook slowly 10 minutes more. - 26.676
Spiced Prune Recipes By Category