- » Spiced Currant
Spiced Currant Recipes
Enjoy our collection of spiced currant recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for spiced currant recipes.
Spiced Currant Sauce
This spiced currant sauce is a homemade sauce made with pineapple juice and red currant jelly. A cooked sauce, the spiced currant sauce is easily prepared in a saucepan and flavored with added ground cloves. Thickened with cornstarch, it is a great condiment... - 27.8697
Spiced Red Currant Jelly
Combine the currants, water, cinnamon, and cloves in a heavy-bottomed preserving kettle.
Crush with a potato masher.
Cover and cook together 10 minutes, crushing 2-3 times to extract all the juice.
Pour the cooked fruit into a moistened jelly bag and let drip... - 40.4465
Currant Spice Cake
Sift all dry ingredients in bowl; add 2 eggs, 3/4 cup oil, 1 cup sour milk plus sour cream.
Mix until all dry ingredients are moist.
Add currants and nuts.
Bake in layer pans 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Frost with favorite frosting.
Can be baked in a bundt pan. - 39.7808
1. Collect some empty jars.
2. In a pan, boil currants for about an hour.
3. After an hour, you must add sugar, spices and one-half pint vinegar to the pan and then boil for one-half hour longer.
4. Pour this mixture into the jars and... - 36.9184
Currant Spice Drops
1. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and allspice together onto wax paper.
2. Beat shortening and sugar until fluffy in a large bowl with electric mixer at high speed; beat in eggs, milk and vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour mixture, a... - 33.0703
Currant Spice Madeleines
1. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with cream of tartar until blended. Set bowl in a pan or larger bowl of hot water for 10 to 15 minutes, or until eggs reach room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour madeleine pans. With an electric mixer on... - 39.9186
Spiced Currant Bars
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Take a bowl and sift flour along with baking powder, spices and salt.
3. Beat butter and sugar to a creamy mixture.
4. Add syrup and beaten egg to the creamed mixture and beat well.
5. Fold in flour and mix... - 45.1462
Cinnamon Currant Biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in currants. Add 3 1/2 tablespoons milk, tossing with a fork just until moist.
3. Turn dough... - 31.3459
Currant Glazed Lamb
Currant Glazed Lamb! You wont even come close to imagining the lovely flavors of this amazing Pork dish! If you haven't had it even once then its high time you did! Don't miss out on Currant Glazed Lamb! - 32.815
Carrot And Currant Pan Bread
1. In medium bowl, combine carrots, buttermilk, and oats; set aside 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine juice concentrate and currants; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 8-inch square pan with... - 36.3759
Cinnamon Currant Biscuits
1. Preheat your oven to 400° F
2.In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
3.Cut the butter into it with a pastry blenderor with two knives to give it the texture of a coarse meal; add in the currants and stir
4.... - 48.3027
Welsh Currant Bread
This Welsh Currant Bread is rage ! Its richness makes it appear more like a cake than a bread . Try this deliciously spiced Welsh Currant Bread for any celebration. You're going to win for sure ! - 47.8558
1. Sift flour, baking powder, pumpkin-pie spice, baking soda and salt onto waxed paper.
2. Cream butter or margarine with sugar until fluffy-light in medium-size bowl; beat in egg and vanilla; stir in applesauce. Stir in dry ingredients, alternately with... - 31.7835
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Soak the currants in hot water for about 10 minutes. Mix them together with sugar and all spice. Keep the filling aside.
3) In a bowl, add flour and cream of tartar and mix together well. Transfer into a... - 45.6005
Spicy Currant Cookies
This recipe of spicy currant cookies will remind you of the Christmas cookies. It has nutmeg to spice up its taste. These cookies go very well with the coffee and tea. You can even send it to kids as a snack. - 48.416
Boiled Currant Bars
Boiled currant bars are perfect snack bars. These sweet and fruited bars taste amazing making them right for quick snack for kids and between meal for the grown ups. Try this simple recipe of boiled currant bars. - 50.3878
Currant Walnut Loaf
1) Preheat oven at 160C.
1) In a bowl sift salt, flour, baking agents and spice together.
2) In a small bowl, cream butter with sugar and golden syrup until light.
3) Beat in egg yolks and add 2 tbsp flour and mix well
4) Gently fold in... - 48.2431
Hot Cross Currant Buns
Hot cross buns are traditionally eaten on good friday and are baked with a cross on the surface of the buns. Sweet and delicious, these hot cross buns are baked with flour, eggs and sugar with mixed spices and sultanas and are glazed with a sugar and gelatin... - 46.7316
Currant Raisin Sauce
1) In a saucepan, combine together the water, raisins, jelly, orange peel and orange juice. Bring the mixture to a boil.
2) Combine together the brown sugar, allspice, cornstarch and salt. Mix well and stir the mixture into the orange mixture.
3) Cook... - 35.2931
Currant Cider Muffins
The Currant Cider Muffins is a aromatic and tasty muffin that your guests will surely get addicted to. Actually, the addictive smell of the muffin is more than enough!! Try this wonderful Currant Cider Muffins recipe at home! - 34.2038
Currant Glazed Duckling With Gourmet Stuffing
1. Wash the duckling. Pat thoroughly dry using kitchen towel
2. Sprinkle body and neck cavities evenly with salt.
3. Prick the skin all over with a fork.
4. Cook rice according to package directions only until thawed.
5. Preheat the oven to 325... - 47.785
1 Preheat the oven to 425° F/ gas mark 7.
2 Lightly grease a baking tin.
3 Measure baking powder into flour and add the salt.
4 In a bowl, sieve flour along with spice and nutmeg.
5 Clean the currants by putting them into... - 45.305
1. Thaw the puff pastry if using ready frozen one.
2. On a cool and lightly floured work surface, roll out pastry to about 1/8 inch (1/4 cm) thickness. Let the pastry rest to prevent the layers from being destroyed.
3. Preheat the oven to... - 39.8428
Steamed Welsh Pudding
Steamed Welsh pudding is a traditional European style pudding made on various occasions. You can serve it with custard, caramel or fruit sauce. You will love this dessert a lot. - 44.5622
1) Preheat oven hot to 425°F, 220°C or Gas No. 7.
2) Stir in fresh yeast with warm mixed milk and water, sugar and 4 oz (100 g) of the flour.
3) Let stand for about 20-30 minutes.
4) In the mixing basin add remaining flour, mixed spice... - 45.0463
Line an 8-in cake-tin with greaseproof paper.
Cream fat and sugar until white; add gravy browning.
Sift together flour, salt, mixed spice and baking-powder.
Add egg and flour alternately to the creamed fat, beating well between each addition.
Stir in the... - 46.5905
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Take 2 to 3 cookie sheets and line using buttered waxed paper or cooking parchment.
3. Using a wooden spoon, cream in butter. Mix in 1.2 cup of sugar and beat to a creamy mixture.
4. Separate egg whites and... - 45.0598
1) Heat the oven to 230°C, 450°F, Gas Mark 8.
2) In a bowl, sift flour with the salt, mixed spice, cream of tartar and bicarbonate of soda.
3) Mix in the butter and rub with the fingertips till the mixture looks like fine... - 45.2233
Hot Cross Buns
1. Into a large microwaveable bowl, sieve the flour with salt and spice.
2. In a measuring jar, warm 250 ml of liquid in the microwave to lukewarm and dissolve the yeast and sugar in it. Leave aside for 10 minutes to activate the yeast.
3.... - 47.3962
Prepare and line 5 cake-tins, one 12 in diameter, one 8 in., and one 4 in diameter.
Sift together flour, salt, spices and baking-powder.
Mix together all the fruit with a little of the measured flour.
Cream the butter and sugar very well, add browning.
Add... - 45.8011