- » Spiced Chickpea
Spiced Chickpea Recipes
Enjoy our collection of spiced chickpea recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for spiced chickpea recipes.
Sweet Spiced Roasted Chickpeas
Are you looking for a healthy anytime snack? This video is just right for you. Watch the chef demonstrate a step by step process to prepare these Sweet Spiced Roasted Chickpeas, they make a perfect snack to munch on. - 87.9587
Pindi Chana / Spiced Chickpeas - Indian Food
Learn how to make this delicious Rawalpindi style dry spiced chickpeas recipe using some lovely spicy and boiled chickpeas. This recipe doesn't use any tomatoes or garlic and goes great with paranthas, pooris (puris), bhaturas or Naan. Its a healthy snack in... - 0
Spiced Chickpea And Lamb Soup
1. Drain the soaked peas and beans in a colander, rinse under cold running water and drain again. Put them into separate saucepans, cover with plenty of cold water and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour, then drain and reserve the... - 34.734
Chickpea Stew With Greens And Spices
1. Place the greens in a steamer, cover and steam over boiling water until wilted, about 5 minutes. When the greens are cool enough to handle, coarsely chop them and set aside.
2. Place the chickpeas in a medium bowl and add water to cover. Rub the beans... - 37.8823
Pasta Chickpea Soup
If you are undecided on what to cook for yourself for dinner, try this Pasta Chickpea Soup. This is an unusual combination but it looks fabulous. With the pancetta, garlic and tomato going in, it will definitely taste good. Take a look and try it out. - 93.1599
Quick Chickpea And Pasta Soup
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and basil; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Add tomato paste; cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
2. Add stock; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta and chickpeas,-partially cover and... - 29.6989
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
If you are searching for the perfect food to munch on at your leisure time, then these spicy roasted chickpeas can be a nice alternative. The Indian spices add a special zing to these chickpeas. You can prepare this in a large quantity and store in an... - 128.42
Chickpea Vegetable Mix
What I like about Mix veg is that, it gives many things in one dish. This mix veg is without gravy, and less spicy. I will have a creamy smooth taste due to curd that it has. - 46.7806
Roasted Curry Chickpeas
What is the Big Game without a handful of tasty snacks on hand? Especially if they are homemade. That's what is wonderful about these roasted chickpeas, you can season them anyway you want. Take this curry recipe as just a suggestion or starting point. - 0
Looking to kick the chip habit? Replace that salty and savory snack with these "Crispy Chickpeas." - 106.107
Chole Palak or Chickpeas and spinach is a great combination and a healthy, protein rich, vegan dish. Chickpeas immersed in a mildly spiced spinach gravy, this dish can be served with roti, naan puri or rice. Enjoy this easy and yummy recipe any day of the... - 125.788
Chickpea Strawberry Mango Salad
Place lettuce in individual serving dishes and top with 1⁄4 of the chickpeas, mango chunks, strawberry slices, cranberries, almonds and mint. Dress with Cinnamon Vinaigrette.
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING: 254 calories, 7 g total fat, 1 g saturated... - 20.9763
Kale Chane Curry (bengal Gram) / Chickpea Curry
Learn how to cook Bengal Gram i.e. Kala chana (or Kale chane) in a tasty gravy using basic Indian spices and chickpeas soaked overnight in water. Great source of protein and fiber, this is a very healthy Indian vegetarian recipe - 0
Chickpea Curry In Slowcooker
Learn how to prepare chickpeas (Garbanzo beans) curry in slowcooker. This is a very healthy and easy recipe. - 0
Aloo Chana Curry / Potato Chickpea Curry
A simple, at-home recipe showing how to make curry channa and aloo (chickpeas with potato) using basic Indian spices. A very healthy vegetarian curry full of flavor and nutrition. - 0
Spinach And Chickpea Soup
1. Heat oil in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add scallions, carrot, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 2 minutes. Add cumin and turmeric, then chickpeas, stirring to coat with spices.
2. Stir in broth and water. Increase... - 34.3181
Blue Corn Chickpea Tacos
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Whisk soy sauce, juice, and spices together, then combine with chickpeas in a bowl, stirring to combine.
4. Transfer to cookie sheet in a single layer.
5. Spray... - 32.8519
Simple Chickpea Curry
Indians abroad crave for their mother’s chickpea curry. Watch this video and learn how to make this classic Punjabi curry in a few minutes using canned garbanzo beans. This recipe comes pretty close to the one made by simmering the curry for hours. Infact... - 104.893
Chickpea Curry - Indian
Learn how to cook chickpeas in a flavorful way with Indian spice. This Curry is easy to make and is very nutritious and healthy dish. A must try for all Chickpea Lovers. - 0
Vegetable And Chickpea Casserole
1. Place all of the prepared vegetables, the apricots, the garlic, chick-peas and almonds in a large casserole dish and stir in the spices, the salt, pepper and stock. Cover the dish with a lid or with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent.
2. Microwave... - 28.1037
Chickpea And Spinach Chapatis
1) In a large frying pan, saute the onions and ginger in the oil for 5 minutes until to soft and transparent.
2) Stir in the spice and saute for 1 minute.
3) Then stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas and 1/2 cup water.
4) Simmer for about 5 minutes until... - 43.5344
1. Take a large pot with cold water and soak washed and drained chickpeas along with baking soda for about 8 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 250°F.
3. Place the pot with chickpeas on high heat with the soaking water and boil... - 46.5992
Chickpea-chicken Tikka Masala
Created for Green Valley Organics by Pam Anderson, who along with her daughters, blogs at threemanycooks.com. She is AARP’s official food expert and a contributing columnist for Runner’s World magazine. She is former Executive Editor of Cook’s... - 0
Chana Masala - Chickpeas Gravy Curry
This is a spicy, tasty, protein rich Punjabi dish which is very popular throughout the world now. Easy to make and can be had with any Indian bread. - 0
Soak beans overnight in water and 1/4 tsp soda bi-carb.
Boil till tender and till there are 2 cups water left.
Strain out the liquid and keep aside.
Heat oil, fry onions, chillies and ginger till brown, add in yoghurt, salt and rajmah water.
When it boils,... - 44.1202
1. In a sauce pan or stock pot, soak the chick peas in 6 cups of water, overnight.
2. Adding more water to the soaked chickpeas, boil then in the same saucepan for 30 minutes or until they are tender.
3. When cooked, drain the beans, reserving... - 46.4343
Millet Chickpea Casserole
1. In a large skillet or saucepan, melt the butter over a medium flame.
2. When the butter starts to foam, add the hing, curry powder, coriander powder and. sauté the spices for 1 minute in the oil.
3. Add the sliced peppers and sauté for another... - 43.3731
1. In a stock pot or sauce pan, soak the beans in sufficient water, overnight.
2. Boil the soaked beans for 30-40 minute or pressure cook them for 15 minutes until they are tender. Drain the beans reserving the liquid and keep aside until... - 46.6311
Chickpeas Curry - Sundal Kolambu
1.Soak white chick peas in enough water overnight.
2. Into a round pan transfer the soaked chick peas, add salt and let it boil for 12 minutes.
3. In a hot pan, add butter, oil, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, garlic,... - 104.095
In this video Bini from Sweet Cumin Cookery School shows Barry how to make a delicious chickpea curry. The actual base sauce that is made is super customisable and can be used with other ingredients such as chicken. This is part of an Indian cookery playlist... - 0
Chickpea And Vegetable Curry With Couscous
There is something so heartwarming and inviting about digging into a big bowl of vegetable curry. But instead of adding a couple of tablespoons of store-bought curry powder to the sauce, make your own homemade curry spice blend. This bowl of warm satisfying... - 137.901
Moroccan Vegetable And Chickpea Stew
Traditional Arabic food is blissful if cooked properly, like this Moroccan Vegetable and Chickpea Stew. Take a look at this video to learn how to make this delicious hearty stew. Your diners will definitely adore this dish. It can be a perfect vegan main... - 150.745
Vegetable Tagine With Almond And Chickpea Couscous
1. Fry the shallots in the oil for 5 mins until they are softening and browned. Add the squash and spices, and stir for 1 min. Pour in the stock, season well, then add the prunes and honey. Cover and simmer for 8 mins.
2. Add the peppers and cook for 8-10... - 34.9048
Chickpea Spread - Hummus
1. In a food chopper or liquidizer, add the onion and parsley.
2. Pulse until finely chopped.
3. Add the garbanzo beans, spices and seasonings and garlic.
4. Blend to a paste of slightly grainy consistency.
5. Stir in the lemon juice and olive... - 46.0118
Tofu And Chickpea Burgers
1) In a pan, add the onion, garlic, spices and lemon juice, allow to boil. Then simmer covered for 5 minutes until soft.
2) In a bowl, add the chick-peas, tofu and potato and mash well. Stir in the onion mixture, coriander and seasoning. Mix well and... - 44.2295
Pumpkin And Chickpea Curry
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Fry gently for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the garlic, ginger and spices and fry for a further minute. Add the chopped tomatoes and chillies and cook for another minute.
3. Add the pumpkin... - 42.046
Chickpea And Baked Bell Pepper Salad With Cumin
1. In a large saucepan, cover the chickpeas with cold water and let soak overnight at room temperature. The next day, strain off the water. Cover the chickpeas with 6 inches of fresh water and bring to a boil over high heat. Using a ladle, skim the water to... - 41.874
Credit Crunch Curry
How to make a Credit Crunch busting Chickpea Curry from Shaan Khan.
1 tin Chickpeas £0.40
2 tomatoes £0.20
Spices and oil £0.10 - watch this video and get stuck in! - 106.877
1)Soak the chick peas in water and soda overnight. Next morning, pick out chick peas.
2)In a pressure cooker, add chick peas, half of onion and garlic along with tea bag. Pour same water into it and boil for at least 20 minutes or until tender.... - 49.6164
How To Make Chana Masala
The quintessential Punjabi dish, Chana Masala, is far from being bland and boring. This is an intensely spiced chickpea curry that will remind you of the best restaurant versions you’ve tasted. It tastes fantastic with roti, naan, puri or rice. Healthy.... - 123.994
Buttery Sweet Garbanzo Bake
1. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2. In a food processor, process walnuts for 1 minute until finely grounded.
3. Add raisins; pulse on and off until raisins are finely chopped.
4. Add chick-peas and pulse for about 2 minutes until mixture becomes... - 51.3167
A simple Punjabi style chickpea recipe cooked using choicest spices. This flavorful dish can be served with naan or roti. - 0
If you are game for some spicy Indian dish for dinner tonight, then chole is what you need? Dipali Kapadia tells you how you can whomp up this yummy chickpea curry at home using simplest of ingredients. If you aren't too fond of eating spicy food, you can... - 104.738
Home Style Falafel
Falafel has ruled the Arab snack world since from the time it was created and now it has gained popularity world wide. This home style falafel recipe is an easy way to prepare this crispy crunchy snack at home and you can have as many as you want as you are... - 119.765
Chana Chaat- My Favorite Snack
Chana chaat is a an easy to make snack or brunch dish, which can be either served cold or hot, made from freshly boiled white chickpeas or leftover boiled white chickpeas, spiced up with variety of seasonings and spices. - 0
Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed 10-inch skillet over a medium-high flame.
When hot, put in the whole cumin seeds.
As soon as they begin to darken, after a few seconds, add the chopped onions.
Stir and fry 7 to 8 minutes or until onions begin to turn a golden... - 43.3388
Fresh Chole Chaat
For starters, this Fresh Chole Chaat will be a tad spicy, but you can always adjust the spice levels. It is healthy and it makes a good any time snack. I would love to munch on this when watching a game on TV. Learn how to make this dish from Manjula! Enjoy! - 117.41
Khatte And Spicy Safed Chole
Safed chole (white chickpea), also known as garbanzo beans, is one of the most popular Punjabi dishes commonly savored with bhature, puri, rice and roti. Safed chole can be made in a number of ways, however here I have made my favorite khatte and spicy chole.... - 0
Falafel is a great way to get your proteins without the meat. Here is an wonderful video that shows how this flavorful dish can be made with ground chickpeas and fava beans. The chef offers great serving ideas in this video. Try out this recipe, it is... - 132.964
Chole is a North Indian dish served with rotis, poori or bature. It is a protein rich dish. Here chickpeas are cooked perfectly in onion and tomato gravy with many spices. It is a rich and tasty dish. - 0
Onam Special Kootucurry!
This is a very traditional dish from the heart of Malabar. It is part of the sadya or Feast along with avial and sambar and the rest. It has the goodness of yam, raw plantain and chickpeas. - 0
Simple Safed Chole
Safed chole (white chickpea) is one of the common dishes consumed in Indian households, and is also made commonly in parties and huge gatherings, served with rice, puri, bhature or roti. - 0
In this Indian Hummus recipe, the chef explains the various steps of making hummus in his own language and style and how easy it is to make it at home. - 62.2017
Chana Dal Pulao In Kadai
Chana dal (Split Bengal Gram) pulao is an easy to cook dish made with chana dal, rice and various seasonings and spices. Both the gram and the rice need to be soaked in water for some time before cooking the pulao, so that the dish gets cooked well and... - 0
Simple Rawalpindi Chole
A hot bowl of Rawalpindi chole is a delicacy to enjoy, when it is served with steaming rice or Indian breads like naan, roti, bature etc. It is also a good source of vegetable protein, fiber and loads of minerals. You can make it little less spicy, if you ... - 119.755
Kabuli Chana Rice
Kabuli Rice is a popular dish from Afghanistan. However, it is now popular in other South Asian countries such as India, Pakistan, etc. - 0
Hummus From Heaven
1. In food processor, add garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, water, yogurt, and olive oil.
2. Drop cumin, pepper and salt.
3. Add cayenne, sriracha, and sesame oil. Blend until smooth.
4. Taste, and adjust seasoning by adding salt, pepper, sesame oil,... - 101.749
Curried Chick Peas
1. Drain the chick peas. Cover with fresh water, bring to the boil and boil fast for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Drain and reserve the stock.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion, garlic and cumin seeds for 5 minutes.... - 30.7647
Spinach And Chick Pea Soup (iron Rich) By Tarla Dalal
Just what you need for a full-fledged day! iron-rich spinach and chick pea come together in a flavorsome soup cooked in vegetable stock. A thoughtful addition of herbs and spices along with lemon juice ensures added aroma as well as full nutrient absorption,... - 0
Indian Chana Masala
One of our Family Favorite dish. Very healthy and nutritious and easy to prepare. Tastes best when eaten with bhatura, roti or rice! - 115.847
A popular dish of Maharashtra but a well renowned street food from the city of Mumbai. Misal is chick peas or any other variety of pea made into a curry which is called usal and the topped and mixed with farsan usal transforms itself to misal! - 0
Kale Chole In Onion And Tomato Gravy
Black chickpeas (kale chole or kala chana) are quite popularly consumed in Indian households and are considered to be quite healthy due to being rich in fiber and protein. Also the chickpeas have low glycemic index, thus helping in controlling hunger. It is... - 0
This dish goes well with puttu(steamed rice cake), chappathi(indian bread), appam(hoppers), dosa(south indian crêpe) and idli. - 41.3792
Onion Stuffed Falafel
Falafel is a great snack in itself, but this onion stuffed falafel is a great creation as it adds an extra kick to this dish, once you bite through the crisp crust into the soft and tangy onion mixture you get a nice kick of titillating flavors. Watch the... - 116.328
Authentic And Traditional Hummus
Hummus is delicious and this hummus recipe is easy to make. Hummus can be spelled many ways, houmous, hommos, hummos or humus. But no matter how you spell hummus, it still refers to a Middle Eastern spread or dip that has grown common throughout the world.... - 126.076
Chana Dal Pulao In Cooker
This is a common Indian dish prepared with Chana dal (Split Bengal Gram) and rice as the vital ingredients. Both rice and Bengal gram need to be soaked in water for some time, with the latter soaked for longer time as against the former, to facilitate the... - 0
Kale Chole Without Onion And Garlic
Black Chickpea (kala chana or kale chole) is a cholesterol and hunger control ingredient, commonly made in Indian households, in a number of ways. Though most of the people make the dish in onion and tomato gravy; however here I have not used onions in the... - 0
Spiced Chickpea Recipes By Category