- » Spiced Beets With Vinegar
Spiced Beets With Vinegar Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Spiced Beets With Vinegar recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Spiced Beets With Vinegar recipes.
Combine all ingredients except beets.
Bring to a boil.
Add beets; simmer for 10 minutes, or until tender.
Microwave: Combine all ingredients, except beets.
Cook on High for 2 minutes.
Cook on Medium for 2 minutes. - 32.2785
Sweet And Sour Beets
Sweet and sour beets is spiced beets recipe. Cooked and flavored with a dash of vinegar and sugar to flavor along with ground cloves, the sweet and sour beets can be served with meals of choice and is nurtitious along with being filling. - 36.8557
Spiced Pickled Beets
1) Tie cinnamon and cloves in small cloth bag.
2) Cut and discard beet tops, leaving roots and 1-inch stem.
3) In a saucepan, place beet with boiling water to cover.
4) Put the lid and simmer for 15 minutes or until beets are tender. )... - 45.0417
Spiced Pickled Beets
1) Peel and slice the beetroots.
2) Peel the onions and slice them.
3) In a bowl, mix together beets and onions, and place it in sterilized jars.
4) In a saucepan, mix together celery seeds, mustard, cardamom, cinnamon, vinegar, sugar... - 43.5509
Spiced Pickled Beets
1. Drain out beets and reserve 1 cup liquid.
2. In a bowl add beets and sliced onion. Mix well.
3. In a saucepan add beet liquid, vinegar, sugar, cloves, and salt.
4. Stir well and bring to boil.
5. Pour the liquid over beets and onions.
6. Keep aside... - 43.5389
Spiced Pickled Beets
Wash and drain beets.
Leave 2 inches of stems and the taproots.
Cover with boiling water and cook until tender.
Drain and peel.
There should be about 3 quarts.
Bring remaining ingredients and 1 1/2 cups water to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
Pack beets into... - 43.1881
Pickled Beets In Spices
Cut tops from the beets but leave 1 inch of stem.
Wash beets and put them in a kettle.
Add water to cover to the depth of 1 inch and salt to taste.
Bring to the boil and cook for 1 to 2 hours depending on size and age of beets, until beets are tender.
Drain;... - 41.4495
1. Thinly slice beets.
2. In a saucepan, mix rest of the ingredients and boil it.
3. In a bowl, place sliced beet and pour the mixture over it.
4. Refrigerate until chilled.
5. Serve as accompaniments with meat dish. - 38.9102
Bring water, vinegar and sugar to a boil; add allspice.
Pour over beets and let stand several hours.
Can be served hot or cold.
Keeps well for at least 2 weeks in refrigerator.
This is a lavorite recipe of all who eat it. - 28.7025
Combine ingredients in a sauce pan, bring to a boil, add beets and cook about 5 minutes, until beets are heated through. - 25.7158
1 ln a medium-size enameled or stainless steel saucepan, bring the beets, stock, vinegar, cloves, coriander seeds, peppercorns, ailspice, gariic, and sugar to a boil over moderate heat.
Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 55 minutes or until the beets are... - 33.0775
Spiced Pickled Beets
Remove beet tops, leaving roots and 1 inch stems; cover with boiling water.
Cook until tender; drain, reserving 1 cup cooking li quid.
Remove skins; slice.
Combine cooking liquid, vinegar, salt and sugar; add spices tied in cheesecloth bag.
Heat to boiling... - 39.9786
Spiced Beets And Onions
1. In a saucepan, put together whole pickling spices, vinegar and artificial sweetener; bring it to boil.
2. In a glass bowl, place beets and onion and pour the vinegar solution over it.
3. Keep the bowl in the refrigerator for over a nigh;... - 33.3595
Hot Spiced Beets
Drain the juice from the beets.
Bring the juice to a boil with the cloves and bay leaf.
Add the vinegar and sweetener.
Heat 10 minutes.
Remove the cloves and bay leaf.
Add the beets to the hot liquid and heat through for approximately one minute.
Serve hot. - 30.3293
Sweet And Sour Beets
Leave root and 1 inch of stem on beets; scrub with a vegetable brush.
Place beets in a saucepan; add water to cover.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until tender.
Drain; pour cold water over beets, and drain.
Trim off stems... - 35.8854
For The Spiced Vinegar
1. Tie the spices loosely in a thin muslin cloth.
2. Pour the vinegar into a saucepan, add the salt and spice bag, and boil briskly for 12-15 minutes.
3. Remove from fire and squeeze the spice bag to remove all the liquid. Discard bag.
4. Pour enough hot... - 34.312
Microwaved Pickled Beets Using Pickling Spice
1. Drain beets and reserve 2/3 cup liquid.
2. Tie pickling spices in a piece of cheesecloth.
3 Combine beets, reserved liquid, sugar, vinegar cheesecioth bag in a deep 2-quart non-metallic casserole.
4 Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 7 to 8 (9 to 1 minutes... - 31.394
Spiced Onions And Beets
Place onions and beets in pan with rest of ingredients.
Bring to boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Serve cold as a relish or hot, with 1 tablespoon butter added, as accompaniment to meat.
Improves with time and will keep for weeks in refrigerator. (Add... - 33.5905
Spiced Baked Beets
In a large bowl, combine beets, onion and potato; set aside.
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, oil, water, vinegar and seasonings.
Pour over vegetables; toss to coat.
Pour into a greased 1-1/2- qt.baking dish.
Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes,... - 32.5703
Easy Pickled Beets
Place pickling spices in a cheesecloth bag.
In a large saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, cinnamon, salt and the spice bag; bring to a boil.
Drain the beets, reserving 3/4 cup of juice.
Stir beets and reserved juice into saucepan.
Pour into a 1-1/2-qt.glass... - 32.5438
Harvard beets are sweet and savory beets. Cooked with ginger marmalade and vinegar with sugar to taste, the harvard beets, the harvard beets are rich to taste and come out beautifully cooked and are nutritious. - 31.5656
Beet Salad With Spiced Walnuts
Are you a health watcher and believe in healthy eating but wish to eat something healthy. Here is beet salad with spiced walnuts. Both the ingredients are healthy and ensure filling light meal too. Watch the video for simple steps to make the salad. - 131.778
1. Wash beets, and cut off all but 1" of the stems. Leave top root intact.
2. Cover with cold water, bring to a boil and cook until barely tender (20-30 mins. for baby beets).
3. Drain, plunge into cold water, and slip off the skins and stems and roots.
4.... - 34.2982
Pickled beets is a spiced homemade beet pickle recipe prepared with equal pats if water and vinegar. Combined and cooked together the mixture is used for pickling the beets. It can be served on the side as a condiment. - 32.5335
Boil together vinegar and beet juice for a few minutes.
Add honey, cloves, salt, peppercorns and bay leaf.
Heat to boiling.
Pour over onions and beets and allow to cool. - 35.6607
Beets In A Mustard Ring
Break eggs in top of double boiler and beat until foamy.
Add vinegar, sugar, dry mustard and salt; blend well.
Dissolve Royal Lemon Gelatin in boiling water, add to egg mixture and cook over simmering water, stirring frequently, until mixture is of custard... - 31.5858
Spiced Beetroot & Orange Chutney
1. In a preserving pan or your largest saucepan, mix together all the ingredients well. Bring to a gentle simmer, then cook for 1 hr, stirring occasionally, until the chutney is thick and the beetroot tender.
2. While the chutney is cooking, prepare your jars... - 35.1515
Pickled Beets And Cucumbers
Drain beets and reserve 2/3 cup liquid.
Tie pickling spices in a piece of cheesecloth.
Combine beets, sliced cucumber, onion, reserved liquid, sugar, vinegar and cheesecloth bag in a deep, 2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole.
Heat, covered, on ... - 30.5515
This beet salad recipe is a marinated cold salad. Spiced with cloves with jalapeno peppers for a little heat and taste, the beet salad is chilled with vinegar and sugar for mingled flavors. Served as side with meats, fish or ohther dishes, it is quite... - 36.9031
1. Drain liquid from beets into a small saucepan; add pickling spices and vinegar. Heat to boil; lower heat; simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Place beets in a small bowl. Strain beet liquid over and chill several hours. - 17.1423
European Pickled Beets
1. Spoon off the liquid from beets into a small saucepan, stir in vinegar and pickling spices. Boil the mixture and simmer for about 5 minutes.
2. Spoon the beets into small bowl and pour the strained beet liquid over it.
3. Chill the beet for... - 25.9286
1. Combine beets, sugar, beet liquid and vinegar in glass serving dish. Add pickling spice. Cover with plastic wrap.
2. Microwave on REHEAT for 4 minutes. Stir and continue cooking on REHEAT for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture bubbles. Cool and remove pic - 16.3519
1 Gently wash the beets without dmaging the skin
2 In a pan add lightly salted water and cook the beets for about 2 hours or until tender.
3 Peel the beets and cut them into small dices or slice them
4 Store in a jar and cover with cold spiced... - 31.144
Special Pickled Beets
In 3 or 4-cup serving dish, combine drained beets, sugar, liquid and vinegar.
Tie pickling spice in piece of cheesecloth or nylon reinforced paper towel.
Add to beets.
Cook covered, 4 minutes or until mixture boils, stirring once.
Cool and remove pickling... - 27.2968
Bring beet water to a boil in saucepan.
Stir in vinegar and sugar.
Add pickling spice which has been tied in cheesecloth or placed in small strainer.
Stir in beets until covered by mixture.
Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Remove pickling... - 33.7726
Classic Pickled Beets
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In an enameled or a stainless steel saucepan, add the vineger, salt and all the spices tied in a cheesecloth bag.
3) Cover and heat until it starts to simmer. Remove in a bowl and keep covered for 2 to 3... - 43.3421
Cinnamon Pickled Beets
Combine water, vinegar, sugar, salt, and spices.
Heat to boiling; pour over sliced cooked beets.
Let stand 6 hours. - 26.0787
Spicy Pickled Beets
Place vinegar in an enamel pan.
Combine mace, allspice, cloves, cinnamon and peppercorns in a double muslin bag, tie securely and lower into the vinegar.
Bring liquid to the boil, lower heat, cover and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and... - 38.1238
Harvard Beets With Cloves
Mildly seasoned with spices, this Harvard beets with cloves is a quick and easy dish that you would love. Enjoy the goodness of fresh vegetables. You no longer need to compromise on taste while trying to eat healthy. - 43.5764
Scrub but do not peel beets.
Cut off the tops 1" from beet.Slice
Boil in salted water until tender, 20-25 minutes.
Drain, reserving 2 cups of the beet water.
Cool under cold water until you can handle them to remove the skins.
Put in cold sterilized... - 39.7585
Pickled Whole Beets
Wash and sterilize 4 (1-pint) jars and closures.
Pack beets in hot jars, filling to within 1/2" of the top, halving some to fill gaps; add 1/2 teaspoon salt to each jar.
Meanwhile, bring remaining ingredients to a boil, pour over beets, filling jars to within... - 35.4289
Simple Pickled Beets
Cook beets, then drain and peel.
Make a syrup of vinegar, water, sugar, lemon and spices.
Simmer 15 minutes.
Place beets in sterilized jars.
Pour hot syrup over beets to within 1/2 inch of top of jars.
Seal. - 32.7323
Pickled Beets And Eggs
1. Place the beets in a large saucepan and add enough cold water to cover. Over high heat, bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until tender. Drain the beets and cool. Peel and slice the beets 1/2 inch thick, then place in... - 32.7844
Sliced Beet Relish
1.In a 1 quart glass casserole, put onion and water.
2.Secure the dish with a plastic wrap or an all glass lid.
3.Heat the ingredients for 2 minutes at High.
4.Put sliced beefs, white vinegar, sugar and all spice in it and cook for 6-7 minutes at High... - 41.0894
Place beets in clean hot jars, cover with hot spiced vinegar, using horse-radish.
Seal jars and let stand for 36 hours before using. - 17.3427
Cook beets until tender.
Skin when cool enough.
Slice and set aside.
In saucepan combine the vinegar, sugar, and the spices (which have been put into a cheesecloth bag).
Bring to a boil, add the beets, and boil 10 minutes.
Discard the spice bag.
Add the... - 35.0082
Cook beets until just tender. Slip off skins. Combine vinegar, water, sugar, spices (tied in a bag), and salt. Simmer 15 minutes. Add beets and simmer 5 minutes longer. Pack beets in hot canning jars. Bring syrup to a boil; remove spice bag, then pour syrup... - 21.4854
1) In a bowl, grate the cooked beetroots and mix in the horseradish.
2) In a saucepan, boil together vinegar and sugar.
3) Place the beet mixture in a sterilized jar and pour the vinegar mixture over it.
4) Allow the vinegar mixture to cool, stir with... - 36.5293
Pickled Eggs & Beets
Drain beets, reserving liquid.
Place beets and peeled hard-cooked eggs in a large bowl; set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine beet liquid, vinegar, sugar, pickling spices, salt, pepper and onion.
Bring to a boil over medium heat; simmer about 2... - 36.6089
The right accompaniment can make all the difference to your main dish. Try this Beet relish that is both tasty and healthy. It truly enhances the flavor of your main dish. Try it!! - 47.0036
Pickled Beet Relish
1. In a muslin cloth/ cheesecloth, place spices, orange rind and brown sugar. Close and tie firmly so that the contents are firmly placed inside cloth bag.
2. In a large sauce pan, combine water, beets, spice bag and salt. Mix well and bring to... - 43.7663
Peppy Beet Salad
Drain beets, reserving liquid.
Add enough water to the liquid to make 1 cup; add vinegar and spices; bring to a boil.
Add beets: remove from heat.
Chill beets in liquid.
Drain; add relish and onion; mix well.
Top with onion rings. - 34.6325
Peppy Beet Salad
1) Drain and reserve the liquid from the beets and level to 1 cup with water.
2) In a pan, mix the reserved liquid, spices and vinegar and allow to boil.
3) Stir in the beets, turn off the heat and refrigerate the mixture.
4) Drain well and stir in... - 39.9472
Russian Beet Soup
Heat water and beans to boiling in Dutch oven; boil 2 minutes.
Remove from heat; cover and let stand 1 hour.
Add beef, pork, beef broth, salt and pepper to beans.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until beef is tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Shred... - 44.249
Pickled Beet Salad
Pickled beet salad is a flavorful beet salad. Made with cooked beets, flavored with vinegar, horseradish, mustard and spiced with peppercorns and cloves, the pickled beet salad is chilled to serve. - 39.7023
Pickled Beet Relish
1. Bring water and spices to a boil in a saucepan. Pour over beets and let stand at least 8 hours.
2. Store in covered jar in refrigerator. - 29.4597
Beet Surprise Salad
1) In a large bowl, combine together the powdered horseradish and gelatin.
2) From the beets, drain the liquid into a measuring cup and add enough water to make 1 cup of the liquid.
3) Into a saucepan, pour the liquid and add brown sugar, spices and... - 43.9649
Pickled Beets - Sweet Tangy Beetroot
Learn how to prepare Indian style Pickled Beets (Khatta Meetha Chukandar Ka Achaar). This is a sweet and tangy recipe which goes well with any meal. - 0
Sliced Beet Relish
This Sliced Beet Relish is simply irresistible. Try these sweet and sour, spiced beet slices with tofu burger or any other dish of your choice. Tell me how you liked this Sliced Beet Relish the best. - 30.0208
Spicy Beet And Onion Salad
Heat to boiling 1/2 cup beet liquid, sugar, vinegar, salt, cloves, all- spice and cinnamon.
Pour over beets and onion in a jar; cover and refrigerate over- night.
Serve well drained beets and onions on crisp salad greens. - 27.7299
Quick Beet Relish
Place the beets in a large saucepan and add the vinegar, sugar, horseradish and spices.
Bring to a rolling boil over high heat and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and stir in liquid pectin at once.
Pour into hot... - 29.1408
Boil beets with 2 tablespoons salt until tender.
Skin and cut larger ones.
Boil five minutes.
Add beets to boiling syrup and bring to boil again.
Pack in sterilized sealers and seal. - 31.0699
Cook whole unpeeled beets in water to cover until tender; drain and peel.
Place in jars.Combine remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
Pour over beets; seal hot. - 24.3753
Beet Raspberry Salad
Boil vinegar, sugar and spices for 2 minutes.
Dissolve gelatin according to package directions, substituting beet liquid for part of the water.
Add beets; chill until firm.
Serve on lettuce with mayonnaise. - 29.8355
Pickled Eggs And Red Beets
Boil beets until tender.
Skin and put in a deep bowl.
Bring water, vinegar, sugar, spices and salt to a boil.
Pour over beets and let stand overnight.
Place eggs in the mixture, making sure eggs are completely covered with liquid.
Let stand in refrigerator... - 32.9804
Pickled Beets With Horseradish
Remove tops, leaving 1-inch stems.
Cook beets, covered, in boiling salted water till tender, about 25 minutes.
Slip off skins; discard tops.
Slice beets; measure 6 cups.
Mix with onion; set aside.
Combine 3 cups water, vinegar, sugar,... - 42.6406
1. Wash the beetroots well and place in a large saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil, cover and cook for 1 1/2-2 hours, depending on the size.
2. Drain, leave to get cold then rub off the skins and trim off the top and base.
3. Slice the beetroots... - 41.9024
1. Put the onions into a saucepan, add a quarter cup vinegar, and cook on low heat until tender.
2. Add the chopped beet and apples to the pan along with the sugar, salt, raisins and the rest of the vinegar. Cook gently on low heat stirring all the while... - 32.8213
1. Boil the beetroot, peel the skin, and cut into even-sized cubes. Set aside.
2. To 2 1/2 cups water add 1 teaspoon salt, and boil until it is dissolved. Add the beet cubes, and cook gently for 8-10 minutes.
3. Remove from fire, discard water completely and... - 27.6202
1. In large saucepan place eggs and pour in cold water almost to cover.
2. Cover pan, heat to bubbling, then simmer 15 to 20 minutes until hard-cooked.
3. Set pan and eggs under cold running water until eggs are cool enough to handle, then shell and... - 37.6307
Put eggs in saucepan and cover with cold water.
Set on heat and bring just to a boil.
Cover and remove from heat.
Let stand 20 minutes.
Cool under cold running water and shell.
Pack into a 1-qt. jar.
Combine vinegar, red pepper pods, pickling spice, sugar,... - 41.0948
Rosy Pickled Eggs
Peel eggs, and place loosely in a jar.
Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan, place over low heat just until thoroughly heated.
Remove onion, pour hot mixture over eggs.
Seal with an airtight lid.
Refrigerate 2 days before serving.
Store in refrigerator... - 32.1439
Jellied Pork And Veal Loaf
Trim fat from pork.
Heat pork, veal, 4 cups water, the onion, allspice, cloves, bay leaf, 1 tablespoon salt and the pepper to boiling in Dutch oven; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
Remove meat from broth; cool meat... - 39.0762
1. Place eggs in large saucepan; pour in cold water to cover. Cover pan; bring water to boiling, then simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or till hard-cooked. (Do not let the water boil.)
2. Set pan and eggs under cold running water until eggs are cool, then shell;... - 21.9006
Pickled Eggs is an amazingly easy to prepare side dish which cannot just escape your guest's attention in any party. Try this delicious Pickled Eggs; I am sure you will get a huge fan following for this! - 27.2295
1. Boil together ten minutes all the ingredients except the eggs.
2. Place the peeled eggs in ajar and cover with the spiced vinegar. Refrigerate twenty-four hours before using. If desired, the eggs may be colored with pure vegetable dye added to the liquid;... - 31.5714
Remove outer skin of the onions.
Soak in brine for 36 to 48 hours.
Stir twice in a day.
Heat vinegar in top of a double boiler.
Add spices and cover.
Cook on simmering water for 30 to 40 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Let it cool.
Remove onions from... - 43.2163
Corned Beef In Cabbage Nests Wtth Herbed Mustard Sauce
In a large Dutch oven combine the beef and enough water to cover 1 inch above the beef.
Add the pickling spice, bay leaves and garlic and bring the water to a boil uncovered.
Lower the heat and simmer gently for 4 to 5 hours or until a fork inserted in the... - 42.7147
Jerk Chicken Wings
We made these wings in an indoor smoker. You can also cook them in the oven or on a barbeque grill. You can use this jerk recipe for pork or chicken breasts. We served ours with a delicious, healthy kale salad which is also on this video. Remember to make the... - 0
Chilled Cherry Borsch
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan.
Bring mixture to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
Strain mixture through a sieve, and discard spices.
Return mixture to saucepan.
Stir in beers and cherries, and bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce... - 44.734