- » Special Leek
Special Leek Recipes
Enjoy our collection of special leek recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for special leek recipes.
Sauteed Leeks And Fiddleheads
If you have access to fresh fiddleheads, here is a simple, easy and delicious dish to make. Dandy the Simple Chef makes sautéed Leeks and fiddleheads, all harvested by himself in his backyards. This recipe can be made with few simple ingredients and has easy... - 107.184
How To Cook Leeks
In a mood to have some veggies? You have come to the right place. Check out the video of the yummy and healthy Sauteed Leeks. A very easy and simple dish to prepare. It hardly takes up a couple of minutes to prepare. Everyone should definitely check out this... - 103.623
1) Finely chop the egg whites, and sieve the yolks. Keep aside.
2) In a rectangular dish, arrange the leeks, along with 1/2 pint of hot salted water.
3) On high power, cook covered for 12 minutes. Ensure to turn the leeks over and... - 46.7006
Leek Hors D'oeuvre
Trim the leeks and remove all but 2 inches of the green tops.
Cut into 4-inch pieces.
Wash in several changes of water to remove all sand.
Heat half of the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan.
Add the leeks and cook, stirring with a fork, for 3... - 45.8633
1. Take a bowl, place leeks and add boiling water sufficient to cover leeks. Drain excess water and discard outer layers.
2. Add salt to a bowl with water and stir to dissolve.
3. Add leeks in such a way that they are completely immersed. Cover and... - 43.215
Summer Squash And Leek Puree
Summer squash are the thin-skinned, warm-weather cousins to winter’s pumpkins and acorn squashes. Dark-green zucchini and yellow summer, or crookneck, squash are the most common types, but farmers’ markets often stock a wide variety, including round,... - 42.5771
1. In an 8 X 8 X 2-inch microwavable baking dish, place leeks at the bottom of the dish in a single layer.
2. Add 3/4 cup water and cook covered on High for 10 minutes until tender.
3. Drain and save 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
4. In a... - 41.923
Scallops On A Bed Of Leeks
Separate the white of the scallops from the corals, removing any impurites.
Rinse scallops under plenty of cold running water and cut the whites in half.
Put the shallots in the base of a dish and season with salt and pepper.
Put the scallop whites in a... - 41.4464
Leek And Pancetta
1) In a saucepan cook green beans, in boiling salted water for about 6 minutes or until soft. Stir in leeks and cook for additional 2 minutes and then drain the vegetables.
2) Take another saucepan and melt butter in it. Stir in garlic and pancetta or... - 40.3872
Glazed Sirloin With Leeks
Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper; set aside.
Remove and discard roots, tough outer leaves, and tops from leeks, leaving 2 inches of dark leaves.
Combine peach spread and next 4 ingredients in a glass measure.
Microwave at HIGH 1 minute; set... - 39.834
Stir-fried Leeks And Zucchini With Sesame Seeds
1. Boil water and add some salt to it.
2. Blanch leeks and bell pepper separately, each for 1 minute, in boiling salted water.
3. Refresh under cold water and drain them thoroughly.
4. Take a frying pan or wok and heat butter with oil... - 39.4201
Leeks With Bel Paese
Leeks with bel paese is a cheesy leeks recipe. Made with butter, the leeks with bel paese is a baked preparation. Cooked with milk it is seasoned oven baked with a cheese topping. Sprinkled with pepper, the leeks with bel paese is delicious and tempting. - 39.0316
1. Spray a 10" nonstick skillet with cooking spray
2. Set the skillet over medium flame, add two cups of leeks, cover and cook until soft,stiring once in a while
3. In a small bowl, Beat together the eggs, a third cup of milk powder,... - 38.3659
Pike With Leeks And Oranges
If using a conventional oven, preheat to 450 °F (230 °C).
In a baking dish, spread leeks.
Season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle with oil.
Place fillets on top of leeks.
Pour in orange juice.
Sprinkle with bay leaves.
Cook in oven 15 minutes or in... - 37.7872
Leeks San Antonio
Clean the leeks.
Remove outer leaves and cut off half the green tops (can be used for soup or stew).
Split the remaining green part in two from the white part up.
Wash under running water, letting the water rush through the leaves, where sand is usually... - 36.6485
Cut green tops from leeks.
Split white parts into quarters lengthwise and wash very well.
Cover with boiling water in saucepan, add 1 tsp. salt and simmer until just tender, about 15 minutes.
Drain and put in bowl.
Combine remaining ingredients and pour... - 36.2215
Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
Add the leeks and stir well.
Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the pepper, tomatoes, olives, lemon rind and juice, salt and pepper.
Cover the pan and cook for... - 35.9678
Haandi With Leeks And Prawns
1. Heat the oil and butter in a haandi or saucepan over a medium heat until the butter has melted. Throw in the peppercorns, black cardamoms, cinnamon and bay leaf and fry for about 1 minute. Add the leeks and fry gently over a low heat for 3-5 minutes.
2.... - 35.5398
Leeks A La Grecque
Cut tops off leaks, leaving 5 cm (2-inches) of green tops.
Wash thoroughly to remove any grit.
If leeks are large, cut into halves lengthways.
Place all ingredients in a heavy based saucepan or fireproof casserole.
(A flat stainless steel or earthenware pan... - 35.4764
Mutton With Leeks
Place leeks, onions, and seasoning in clay baker, finishing with meat.
Add mint again.
Moisten with water.
Close and bake 3/4 hour.
Remove from oven, being careful of steam when you open lid.
Gently fold in the beaten eggs with lemon, using a wooden... - 34.4116
1) In a casserole, combine the leeks and water.
2) Add pepper to taste.
3) On high power, cook covered for 6 minutes or until the leeks become tender.
4) In a blender, puree the leeks, along with the cooking liquid.
5) Transfer the pureed leeks to the... - 34.2887
Lobster And Leek Coquilles
Heat butter in saucepan.
Add shallots and cook 1 minute over medium heat.
Add leeks and fennel; season well.
Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes over medium-low heat.
Stir in lobster meat, then add white sauce; mix again.
Season and simmer 3 minutes over low heat,... - 33.8772
Fordhook Lima And Leeks
1) Follow the directions on the package to cook Fordhook Limas.
2) Drain the liquid saving 1/2 cup.
3) Heat butter or margarine and sauté leeks in it for 5 minutes and mix in flour.
4) Slowly stir in the saved liquid from bean and cook over low heat,... - 33.299
Wash leeks well, put in a medium-size saucepan with a little water and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until soft.
Drain leeks and allow to cool slightly.
In a blender or food processor puree leeks with broth.
Spoon puree into a fondue pot and place over medium... - 33.082
Diced Turkey Fricassee With Leek
– In a skillet, melt butter. heat oil and
– Brown the turkey and season with salt and pepper.
– Add leek and cook, without browning, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and stir gently for 30 seconds.
– Add chicken stock and... - 31.9275
Mackerel With Leeks
Cook the leeks in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes and drain.In a small, heavy saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
Add the leeks and saute over low heat for several minutes without browning.
Add the broth, salt and nutmeg.
Place the mackerel in a buttered... - 31.5996
Gorgonzola Pasta With Leeks And Radicchio
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, melt butter; add mushrooms and leeks; saute about 5 minutes until leeks are soft but not brown. Remove from... - 31.4677
Pressed Leek Terrine
Trim root ends and tops from leeks, leaving only about 1 inch of dark green leaves; save 10 tender green inner leaves from leek tops.
Cut leeks in half lengthwise; rinse under running water, gently separating layers to remove any dirt.
Rinse reserved inner... - 30.9567
Melt butter in a small heavy saucepan or skillet.
Add leeks, cover, and cook slowly until very tender, about 30 minutes.
Add curry powder, garlic, parsley, salt to taste and pepper, and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for another 10 minutes.
Cool to... - 29.9152
Cock A Leekie Or Cockleleekie
Soak the prunes 12 hr.
In 1/2 pt. water.
Clean the fowl and truss It, wash the giblets, scald and skin the feet.
Put the fowl, giblets and sufficient cold water to cover them in a pan, bring very slowly to simmering point, add 2 teasp salt.
Wash and trim the... - 29.6402
Quail With Leeks
Remove the skin of the quail and cut the bird into six to eight pieces.
In a skillet saute the quail in heated butter over medium heat for about twenty minutes, or until the meat is done.
Place the leeks, onion and tomatoes in a lightly oiled baking... - 29.6048
Julienned Of Leeks And Parsnips
Place butter, vegetables and seasonings in microproof casserole.
Cook on HIGH 3-4 minutes, stirring once, until vegetables are glazed and crisp-tender. - 29.4941
Poor Man's Leeks
1) Wash he leeks thoroughly and cut along the length to make halves.
2) In a saucepan, add little water, 1 Tbsp butter and 1/2 tsp salt. Add leeks and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the leeks turn tender.
3) Remove from heat and allow it... - 29.206
First make the sauce. Put the margarine or butter in a bowl and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the flour. Pour on the milk. Cook for 3 minutes, whisking after each minute. Stir in the cheese and mustard, if used. Cook for a further minute and whisk again. Season... - 28.6326
Gratin Of Leeks
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Lower the leeks into the boiling water and cook, uncovered, until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Carefully lift out and drain.
2. Adjust an oven shelf to the top position in the oven and preheat to 400°. Lightly spray an 1... - 28.3069
Preheat oven to 400 Â°F (200 Â°C).
Discard dark green leaves from leeks. Cut light green and white part of stalks into 1 1/2-in (4-cm) pieces. Place pieces of leek into bowl of cold water; let stand 20 minutes.
Remove leeks from water and transfer to... - 28.2966
Leeks Marinated In Yogurt
Leeks Marinated In Yogurt is more than a well-known combination and you will really enjoy this Leeks Marinated In Yogurt. Leeks Marinated In Yogurt has got its own unique taste. You are sure to like this. - 27.8912
Cook the leeks and potatoes in boiling salted water until they are tender.
Drain well, then rub through a sieve.
Beat the cream or demi-sel cheese into the puree, then add the butter or margarine, 100 g/4 oz of the cheese and pepper.
Turn the mixture into a... - 27.6792
Braised Leeks A La Francaise
€¢ Cut each leek at the line of green; only the white is used. See Leeks Nature, on how to prepare the green part to use in another way or in soups.
€¢ Cut each leek in four lengthwise slices. Wash carefully under cold running water and place neatly... - 27.4247
Duckling With Leeks
1. Cut off root end and trim leaf end of each leek. Separate leeks into leaves; discard any tough outer leaves. Rinse leeks with running cold water to remove all sand. Cut leeks crosswise into 3 pieces; place in 8-quart Dutch oven.
2. Remove giblets and neck... - 27.009
Wilted Leeks With Raisins
In a saucepan filled with lightly salted boiling water, blanch leeks 1 minute or so.
In a frying pan, melt butter.
Lightly cook leeks 2 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients.
While stirring, continue cooking until liquid has all evaporated. - 26.9018
Leeks With Olives
Cut up the white part of the leeks into pieces about 2" long.
Put them in boiling water, where they should remain for 1 minute after the water has again reached boiling point.
Brown the leeks lightly in oil, adding the tomato puree, sugar and... - 26.3135
Brussels Sprouts With Leeks In Butter
This favorite-Brussels Sprouts With Leeks In Butter, has turned out to be one of my favorites. This Brussels Sprouts With Leeks In Butter is very much traditional and has got everything to remind you of a good meal. Make it today! - 25.4526
Trim and discard the roots and dark green portions of the leeks, rinse thoroughly, and soak in cold water for 30 minutes to remove all sand and grit.
Drain and pat dry.
Place leeks on a wire rack in a roasting pan and add wine (or water) to a depth of about 1... - 25.3405
Preoare and cook leeks.
Melt butter in saucepan; stir in salt and lemon juice.
Add leeks; heat through.
Turn into serving dish; sprinkle with cheese. - 24.4393
Leeks In Consomme
Cut off the roots and green tops to within 1 inch of the white part.
Peel off the outer film.
Hold the green part open under cold running water to wash away any grit.
Bring consommd and small piece of bay leaf to a boil and add the leeks.
Cover, bring again... - 23.858
Remove roots, tough outer leaves, and tops from leeks, leaving 1 1/2 to 2 inches of dark leaves.
Split leeks in half lengthwise to within 1 inch of bulb end.
Place in a large skillet.
Cook leeks, covered, in a small amount of boiling water 8 minutes or until... - 23.6801
1. Put the leeks, water, and raisins in a saucepan. Cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Season with salt to taste. Mix the flour and butter together and gradually whisk into the leek mixture. Heat, stirring, until the mixture thickens. - 23.5736
Puree Of Leeks
Trim leeks and slit lengthwise; spread leaves and rinse thoroughly under cold water to flush out grit. Chop leeks finely.
In heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; cook leeks, covered and stirring occasionally, until wilted and tender, about 20... - 20.6064
Leeks In Casserole
Simmer prepared leeks in salted water until just tender; drain thoroughly.
Arrange close together in shallow greased bake dish; pour in sour cream mixed with mustard; sprinkle with cheese.
Place under broiler until bubbly - 18.9603