- » Special Gravy
Special Gravy Recipes
Enjoy our collection of special gravy recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for special gravy recipes.
Healthy Vegetable Soup
When you are tired and fatigued after a hectic day, you should go for something rejuvenating. This healthy vegetable soup serves that purpose with its delectable taste and flavor. Watch the video to learn how simple is the preparation process. - 114.672
Italian Sunday Gravy
If you are looking for great make ahead meal ideas for your Sunday dinner menu then you should certainly give this Sunday gravy a great preference. Here the chef has presented simple instructions to make delicious garlicky Sunday gravy with loads of meat,... - 112.715
Gorgeous Beef Gravy
A gorgeous beef gravy can be prepared along side of a proper beef dish. Use the pan drippings of the meat to cook up the gravy. Adding the spices, this gravy becomes really gorgeous to serve with your main dish. Follow the easy steps and cook it up. - 101.024
Thanksgiving Vegetable Gravy
If you have roasted the turkey with vegetable but don't know what to do with the vegetable next, just try this quick gravy recipe out. Chef Keith Snow gives you a innovative idea how to prepare a delicious curry with left out vegetables and make it a... - 97.971
Roasted Turkey And Gravy
Planning a thanksgiving dinner party would be a snap with this excellent Roast Turkey and Gravy recipe. A great make ahead preparation eliminating all the cooking stress on the party day. Watch the video to see step by step instructions. - 71.283
Hot Meat And Gravy Sandwiches
Measure leftover gravy or sauces into 2-cup measure.
MICROWAVE 3 to 4 MINUTES on HIGH, or until hot.
If using gravy mix, prepare according to package directions in 2-cup measure.
MICROWAVE 3 MINUTES, 30 SECONDS to 4 MINUTES, 30 SECONDS on HIGH, or... - 47.3489
Steak And Kidney Pie With Mustard Gravy
1. Roll out two-thirds of the pastry on a floured surface to a thickness of 3mm/ 1/8in. Use to line the base and sides of a 1.5 litre/2 1/2 pint/6 1/4 cup pie dish. Place a pie funnel in the centre of the dish.
2. Put the flour, salt and pepper in a bowl and... - 45.9408
Herb Roasted Turkey With Giblet Gravy
Position an oven rack on the second-lowest level in the oven.
Preheat the oven to 500°F.
Have ready a large roasting pan with a roasting rack, preferably, V-shaped, set in the pan.
Place the onion, garlic, 4 of the sage leaves, the 4 sprigs of thyme, and the... - 45.2078
Toad In The Holes With Onion Gravy And Vichy Carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade and put the dripping in the bottom of 2 sections of a Yorkshire pudding tin and put in the oven to heat until the tin is hot and smoking.
2. In a bowl, sift the flour and a pinch of salt, make a well... - 45.0428
Tongue With Vegetable Gravy
In Dutch oven cover tongue with water.
Tie bay leaves, peppercorns, and thyme in cheesecloth bag; add with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt to tongue.
Cover and simmer till tongue is tender, about 2 hours.
Add vegetables and cook about 30 minutes longer.
Remove meat;... - 44.8538
Chicken In Wine Gravy
1) In a large skillet, heat ¼ cup of butter.
2) Cut the chicken into serving pieces. Brown chicken in the butter, several pieces at a time. Remove chicken from skillet.
3) To the butter remaining in the skillet, add the mushrooms and cook on high... - 44.7149
Bright Vegetables In Coconut Gravy
Dilute the coconut milk powder in an equal quantity of water.
Heat the oil in a flat bottomed pan.
Place the cumin in it, when it starts moving around add the chilies, curry leaves and peppercorn.
Stir Fry for a minute.
Add all the vegetables, and immediately... - 43.7204
1. Prepare a skillet or a saucepan by rubbing it with a clove or garlic
2. Tip in oil in the pan and heat over medium heat
3. Add in flour, brewers yeast, kelp and carob powders to the pan and heat gently. Stir the mixture every two or... - 43.4828
Chicken In Orange Gravy
About 1 hour before serving: Blend together flour, salt, paprika and garlic salt; coat chicken.
In large skillet, in hot salad oil, saute chicken pieces until golden.
Meanwhile, drain mushrooms, reserving liquid; add mushrooms to chicken; sprinkle chicken... - 42.5535
Christmas Goose With Glazed Oranges And Creamy Mushroom Gravy
1. Prepare Rye-Bread Stuffing.
2. Remove giblets and neck from goose; refrigerate to use in soup another day. Discard fat from body cavity; rinse goose with running cold water and drain well; pat dry with paper towels. Spoon some stuffing into neck cavity (do... - 41.8909
Wild Boar Toad In The Hole With Onion Gravy
1) Into a bowl, add in the flour, thyme, and some salt and fresh ground black pepper. Add the eggs and beat them thoroughly. Gently, pour in the milk and whisk a thick, smooth batter to the consistency of unwhipped double cream is formed.
2)... - 41.8783
Savory Steak And Gravy
Trim separable fat from the steak.
With a sharp knife cut the steak into 4 serving-size pieces.
In a small mixing bowl stir together the flour, dry mustard, and pepper.
With a meat mallet pound the flour mixture into the steak pieces.
Spray a cold large... - 41.7523
Turkey With Madeira Gravy
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Rinse turkey and wipe the cavity dry.
Season the cavity with salt and pepper and stuff it with onion and thyme.
Fasten the neck skin to the back with a skewer.
Tuck the wings behind back and tie the legs together.
Place the... - 41.6223
Country Style Gravy
1. In a medium heavy bottomed skillet, melt the butter over a low flame,
2. When the butter has started foaming, stir the flour into the butter and sauté to form a smooth paste.
4. Taking the pan off the flame, gradually pour in the milk and water... - 41.2336
Chicken And Carrots In Lemon Thyme Gravy
1.Take a 12 inch non stick skillet and heat oil on medium high flame.
2.Put chicken and saute well for 4 minutes; turn once.
3.Meanwhile, take a medium bowl, put gravy mix, milk, lemon, juice, thyme and 1 cup water in it and blend.
4.Put the chicken in... - 40.779
Hot Pork 'n' Gravy Shortcakes
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. In a medium-size bowl, combine corn-muffin mix, flour and olives.
3. Following the recipe instructions on the package for corn muffins beat in egg slightly with milk or water plus 1/4 cup more.
4. Into... - 40.6921
1. Chop bones and brown in the oven or brown in little fat on top of the stove in a fry-pan.
2. When half browned add finely minced celery, carrot, and onion.
3. Drain off all fat.
4. Place in a saucepan with stock or water.
5. Bring to boil. Skim and allow... - 40.6514
Stuffed Capsicums In Gravy
Heat ghee in a pan and fry cumin seeds.
When they turn brown, add corn; stir for a while; add milk and one cup water.
Cover and let corn cook on low fire till it is tender.
When corn is cooked, add rest of the ingredients for stuffing.
Remove... - 39.7677
Shredded Carrot In Spinach Gravy
For all those who have made up their mind to try and eat a little healthier, this Shredded Carrot In Spinach Gravy is gonna be a favorite pick! A great combination of highly nutritious vegetables lile carrots and spinach, this vegetable gravy is also richly... - 39.474
Steak N Gravy
Cut beef into bite-size pieces; brown in oil in a skillet.
Transfer to a slow cooker.
Cover with water; add tomato sauce and seasonings.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours, or until meat is tender.
In a small bowl, combine flour and... - 39.4093
1.Start by cutting up the onions and carrots
2.In a stew-pan, place the onions and carrot along with the lean beef or extract in with the fat and brown all together.
3.Add enough water to cover the mixture and stir slowly until the... - 39.2369
Beef With Dijon Mustard Gravy
Place meat on rack in shallow roasting pan.
Insert meat thermometer into center of meat.
Bake in 325°F convection oven on rack #2 offset for 1 to 1/4 hours for medium-rare (145°F) or 1 1/2 to 2 hours for medium (160°F).
[Or bake in 325°F radiant bake oven... - 38.8206
Sprouted Mung In Tomato Gravy
Sprouted grams are so rich in nutrients that you include them in your diet and forget about your health. Yes, this Sprouted Mung In Tomato Gravy is an equally healthy dish you can include as a side course, and believe me, the fine flavoing given makes it such... - 38.2202
Baked Chops With Herb Gravy
"Brown chops quickly in hot skillet; place in 2-quart casserole.
Saute onion in margarine and pan drip- pings until brown; stir in flour, blending well.
Add milk, stirring constantly, until smooth.
Add all re- maining ingredients.
Pour over chops.
Bake,... - 37.6988
This traditional gravy is a rich turkey gravy prepared with pan drippings and turkey or chicken broth. Thickened with flour, the traditional gravy is seasoned to taste and slowly cooked to a savory and homely batch that can be served alongside roasts or... - 37.2219
Baked Chops With Herb Gravy
Brown chops quickly in hot skillet; place in 2-quart casserole.
Saute onion in margarine and pan drippings until brown; stir in flour, blending well.
Add milk, stirring constantly, until smooth.
Add all remaining ingredients.
Pour over chops.
Bake, covered,... - 36.7931
1) In a saucepan, heat oil and sauté onion gently in it.
2) Bring it to a boil after adding in water, tomato puree and yeast extract.
3) Thicken the gravy with peanut butter and add salt and pepper to taste.
4) Serve hot. - 36.1449
Bottle Gourd In Green Garlic Gravy
This Bottle Gourd In Green Garlic Gravy is a really moist and easy to do dish that everyone will love to have as a side course. The goodness of bottle gourd and the garlic also makes this vegetable gravy an equally healthy pick to make. Yeah, so good, so... - 35.9454
Home Style Gravy
Coat a medium saucepan with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add onion and thyme; saute 3 minutes.
Combine cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth; stir in broth.
Add cornstarch mixture, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning to... - 35.711
Place meat drippings, flour, salt and pepper in a 4 cup glass measuring cup.
Mix until smooth.
Gradually stir in beef broth.
Microwave 4 to 6 minutes or until thickened.
Stir svery minute during cooking.
Stir in Worcestershire and brown sauces. - 35.2086
Beefy Mushroom Gravy
1. Blend soup mix in 1 ½ cups of water.
2. Place the pan on a medium flame.
3. Allow the liquid to reach boiling point.
4. Reduce the flame, cover the pot with its lid and simmer the liquid for 8-10 minutes, stirring after very 2-3 minutes.
5. In... - 35.0337
The Chairman's Gravy
1) In a bowl, dissolve arrowroot into stock.
2) In a saucepan, add the mixture and place over heat.
3) Add rest of the ingredients and allow simmering by frequent stirring to thicken the liquid.
4) Serve the gravy by seasoning... - 35.0047
Beefy Onion Gravy
1) In a saucepan of medium size, mix 1 1/4 cups of water with beefy onion soup mix.
2) Blend the mixture well.
MAKING ... - 34.8733
Low Calorie Gravy
In small saucepan, combine all ingredients; mix well.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens slightly and comes to a boil.
Simmer for 5 minutes. - 34.3118
Seven Blade Roast With East Gravy
Well, I am back to Seven Blade Roast With East Gravy, they are my favorite after all. If you have a blade roast at home or if you buy some pounds on your next purchase, you can very well try this all new Seven Blade Roast With East Gravy dish. Go for it! - 34.2531
Egg Foo Yung Gravy
Blend chicken broth and corn starch in 1-quart measure.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
MICROWAVE 4 to 5 MINUTES on HIGH, or until mixture thickens.
Stir once with wire whip.
Pour over Egg Foo Yung before serving. - 33.5086
Lotus Root In Garam Masala Gravy
Wash, clean and scrape the lotus roots. Cut into 1" diagonal pieces and wash all the dirt embedded in the hollows. Drain in a sieve.
Place the washed root pieces, 1 cup water and 1/4 cup pure ghee, along with salt, in a saucepan and cook on very low heat till... - 33.2152
Many of us struggle to make a really tasty beef gravy, but just follow this recipe for perfect results every time... - 32.9633
Hot Meat And Gravy Sandwiches
Hot Meat And Gravy Sandwiches has a fine taste. The meat and sauce gives the Hot Meat And Gravy Sandwiches a rousing taste. Hot Meat And Gravy Sandwiches is inspired by restaurants worldwide. Must try it. - 32.8443
Baked Fresh Ham With Garlic Gravy
1. Place rack in lower third of oven and heat to 400°F. Place ham, rounded side up, in a large heavy roasting pan. Sprinkle with caraway seeds and season with salt and pepper. Insert an ovenproof meat thermometer deep into thickest part of ham. Roast 30... - 32.6667
Apple Gravy For Pork Or Boiled Beef
Cook apples in hot butter for about 2 minutes, or until soft and golden.
Sprinkle with flour and cook for 2 minutes longer.
Stir in white sauce and nutmeg.
Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. - 32.1248
Orange Sherry Gravy
While roaster is cooking, simmer giblets, uncovered, in water in saucepan until 2 cups of liquid remain.
Strain and reserve liquid.
When roaster is done, pour off all but 2 tablespoons pan juices.
Combine sherry and cornstarch; add to pan with reserved liquid... - 32.0317
Leaving brown residue in roasting pan, pour drippings and fat into a bowl.
Allow fat to rise to surface; skim off fat and reserve 3 tablespoons; put reserved fat into roasting pan.
Blend in 3 tablespoons flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black... - 31.0981
1. Combine the flour and milk in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, and shake until smooth. Set aside.
2. Pour the turkey drippings from the roast turkey breast into a fat separator cup. (If you don't have a separator cup, pour the drippings into a bowl, add a... - 30.9552
Ham And Grits With Red Eye Gravy
1. In 2-quart saucepan, heat 4 cups water to boiling over medium-high heat; slowly stir in grits and salt. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and keep warm.
2.... - 30.9098
Simply The Best Pan Gravy
Skim fat from pan drippings; add onion and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes or until softened.
Stir in flour; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Gradually whisk in liquid and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until sauce... - 30.6387
Beef 'n' Gravy
The beef and gravy recipe is prepared with beef cubes. Seasoned and coated with flour, the beef and gravy is cooked with the browned steak in beef gravy along with parsley flakes in the oven to a desired doneness. - 30.2773
Sprouted Green Gram In Carrot Gravy
Try making this srumptious and healthy Sprouted Green Gram In Carrot Gravy, a great way to compliment your main course. Brimming with the goodness of carrots and sprouted gram, this Sprouted Green Gram In Carrot Gravy is the world's simplest and easiest side... - 30.2165
Wine Mushroom Gravy
Melt the butter in a medium skillet over low heat.
Add the onion and green pepper and saute until tender.
Remove from heat.
Add the pimento strips, undiluted soup and wine and mix well.
Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. - 29.9505
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 30 to 60 minutes or until split peas are tender.
2. Pour mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Return to saucepan. Adjust consistency with water or chicken bouillon, if... - 29.6164
Lift meat to a warm platter and keep hot.
Pour drippings into a glass measuring cup.
Fat will swim to top.
Pour fat off the top into a saucepan and whisk in a tablespoon flour for each tablespoon fat.
Slowly stir in the hot liquid and skimmed drippings.
If... - 29.5995
Roast With Gravy
This roast beef with gravy recipe is prepared with a chuck roast. Cooked in the oven with mushroom soup and beef gravy, the roast is flavored with onion soup mix and can be served with rice as a full and savory meal. - 29.4102
Herbed Low Calorie Gravy
1. In a small bowl or 2-cup liquid measure, whisk or stir together the beef broth and cornstarch until blended.
2. In a small heavy saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir the broth once again and... - 28.8685
Best Home Style Gravy
In a medium size saucepan melt the fat over medium heat.
Whisk in the flour, stirring vigorously to form a paste.
Gradually pour in the broth, whisking constantly, until the gravy thickens, boils, and no lumps remain.
Add the pan juices.
Reduce the heat to... - 28.8659
Barbecue Gravy For Beef
1. In a saucepan, stir in all the ingredients at medium heat and heat until thickened and clear
2. Turn down the heat and let it mellow for five minutes
3. Goes well with barbequed beef - 28.6125
While roaster is cooking, place giblets in small saucepan with water and simmer, uncovered, until 2 cups liquid remain.
Strain and reserve liquid.
When roaster is done, pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
Add reserved liquid from giblets to pan and stir... - 28.3888
Madeira Mushroom Gravy
1. In 1-quart microwave-safe casserole, combine butter, mushrooms and onion. Cover with lid; microwave on high 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring once during cooking.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover; microwave on high 3 minutes or... - 27.3582
Combine liquid Butter Buds and flour in saucepan on top of stove.
Over low heat gradually add milk, broth, and sherry stirring until smooth.
Cook until thickened.
Add salt and pepper.
Add chives if desired. - 27.1059
Banana Skin Gravy
• Wash the bananas, dry them and skin them. Cut the skin into one inch strips and lightly boil them in 3 cups of water and one tablespoon of sugar. Allow to boil for five minutes and then drain in a colander.
• Crush the cardamoms coarsely and place in a... - 27.0849
1. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add flour, cocoa, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
2. Add milk and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, allowing gravy to thicken. Adjust milk amount, as needed, to bring gravy to desired consistency. Add vanilla.
3.... - 26.6452
Whisk occasionally as it thickens.
Let it come to a bubble and simmer over low heat for 1 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Taste, and add a little salt if needed. - 25.6203
In a sauce pan heat the butter, add the flour and cook for 2 minutes over low heat.
Whisk in the milk, broth, salt and pepper, reduce heat and simmer until smooth. - 22.2313
Ham And Grits With Red Eye Gravy
This Ham And Grits with Red Eye Gravy is a delicious ham dish. Try this ham with hominy grits and let me know if you like it. your suggestions for this Ham And Grits with Red Eye Gravy is welcome. - 22.1483
Savory Mushroom Gravy
Pour off all chicken drippings from pan chicken cooked in; return 1/4 cupful.
Stir in 1 can dry cream of mushroom soup mix.
Blend in 2 cups water.
Cook slowly, stirring constantly, 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened. - 20.6046