- » Special Corn
Special Corn Recipes
Enjoy our collection of special corn recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for special corn recipes.
Easy Kettle Corn
Want to learn a recipe that could be an easy snack to munch or to serve during retreats or any festive season? This kettle corn recipe is the one that fits all occasions and as the name suggests, it’s easy to make. Popcorn kernels cooked with sugar and... - 123.894
Creamy Sweet Corn Custard
If you are looking for a side dish to accompany barbecues, grill steaks or salmon, this creamy corn custard is a perfect match. It has got a really smooth, luscious and light texture with a sweet, rich taste but is not too heavy. This recipe is so easy to... - 118.726
Kettle Pop Corn
How does it feel to pop popcorn right from the cob? Easy to make, this healthy snack makes for a filling and flavorful indulgence. Follow this recipe on popcorn and you will know what a child's play it is to make instant pop corn at home. - 92.1676
Crunchy Hush Puppies
Crunchy, crispy hush puppies are the best choice of appetizers for your unexpected guests. You can prepare them any time and it does not require any special ingredients. Just follow the direction and cook up these spicy tit-bits. Serve with your choice of dip... - 89.4965
Corn Stuffed Crown Roast Of Pork
1) Have the crown roast of pork made from the strip of pork loin from which the backbone has been taken off.
2) Have the roast tied securely around the loin area, and also beat the bones. Also, have the meat -€˜Frenched-€™ by taking off... - 45.1358
1. In 1-cup measure, melt butter on High for 35 seconds.
2. Stir in bread crumbs and 1/4 cup cheese.
3. Set aside.
4. In a 7-1/2" x 12" utility dish, combine corn and milk with egg, onion, pimiento, 1/2 cup cheese and salt.
5. Cover dish... - 44.5678
Corn Bisque is the perfect soup to start your weekend luncheons with. The thick and creamy Corn Bisque is sure to be a great introduction to your spread! - 42.8105
Corn Filled Acorn Squash
Place squash halves, cut side down, in a shallow baking pan; pour in boiling water to a depth of 1/4 inch.
Bake at 400Â°F about 35 minutes, or until squash is almost tender.
Meanwhile, cook green pepper and garlic in 3 tablespoons hot butter in a skillet... - 41.0308
Blue Cornmeal Crackers
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a medium bowl combine 3/4 cup blue cornmeal, flour, and salt.
3. With a pastry blender cut in softened margarine until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4. Sprinkle skim milk over cornmeal mixture,... - 40.9116
1) In a saucepan, combine the corn and cooked rice together.
2) Season with salt, cover and cook over a low heat until thoroughly heated.
3) In a bowl, slightly beat the egg yolks and stir into the cream.
4) Stir in half the hot stock into egg yolks... - 39.6345
Corn Filled Tomato
1) Trim stem from tomato.
2) Scoop out pulp leaving 1/2" shell intact.
3) Chop the pulp and keep aside.
4) Measure 2-cup measure [4-cup measure] and put in a bowl.
5) Seal with a lid.
6) Microwave on high (550 watts) for 1 1/4 to 2... - 39.63
All In One Breakfast
1) Combine the flour, corn meal, baking powder, sugar and salt, mix well to blend.
2) Then, beat in the milk, egg and oil until the mixture is smooth.
3) In a greased 12-inch pizza pan, pour the mixture and place the sausage links over the mixture... - 39.6044
1 Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Lightly grease 4 timbale molds or 4-ounce custard cups.
In a medium-size heavy saucepan, combine the water, commeal, cumin, chili powder, and salt.
Bringtoaboil, stirring occasionally, over moderate heat.
Lower the heat, cover,... - 38.7066
Corn Cake Pancake
1) With a sharp pointed knife, slit corn kernels lengthwise from the middle of each row.
2) From the back of knife, press the kernels and take out the soft pulp and milk from the hulls.
3) The corn milk should measure at least 2 cups. Chill... - 38.2407
Fiddler's Roasting Ears
1. Hush the corn ears, leaving the husks attached at the stalks.
2. Remove the silks.
3. Prepare a grill or barbecue.
4. In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except the corn
5. Heat until the butter melts and sugar dissolves.
6.... - 38.1992
Christmas Tree Decorations
Preheat the oven to Gas 5, 375°F, 190°C.
Sieve the flour and cornflour into a bowl.
Rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
Stir in the vanilla sugar and bind with the milk to form a firm dough.
Roll out on a lightly floured surface.
Using a 2 1/2... - 37.843
1. In a large bowl, place the cornmeal and the egg and mix well.
2. Prepare a 8 X 8-inch (20 X 20-cm) casserole dish by lightly oiling it.
3. In the buttermilk mixture, add the baking soda and the cornmeal and egg mixture and mix well... - 37.7022
Halloween Ghostly Crunch
In a 4-quart bowl combine popped com, pretzels, crackers, and cereal.
In a 1-cup glass measure, place butter and microwave on high power 45-60 seconds or until melted.
Drizzle over popped corn mixture.
Sprinkle with onion salt and cheese.
Toss to... - 37.4942
Sauteed Cornmeal Slices
1. Mix cornmeal with salt, cinnamon, and mace in small bowl. Stir in 1 cup cold water.
2. Pour mixture into boiling water in medium saucepan, stirring constantly. Cook, over medium heat and still stirring, until mixture thickens.
3. Reduce heat; simmer,... - 37.4852
Preheat oven to 350°.
Put corn, cream and seasonings in blender with sprouts.
Blend for 10 seconds.
Pour into bowl and stir in eggs and cheese, mixing well.
Fill well-buttered custard cups with mixture.
Set cups in pan of hot water.
Cover loosely with... - 37.0605
1. Husk the corn.
2. Plunge in boiling water and bring to a boil.
3. Simmer for 4-5 minutes till tender.
4. Drain and refresh in cold water.
5. When cool enough to handle, into a bowl, remove kernels off the cob by cutting in thin layers from... - 36.9728
Combine all ingredients and marinate overnight.
Drain before serving. - 36.385
In medium saucepan, combine butter, sugar, and syrup; bring to boiling.
Cool to room temperature.
Blend in milk.
In mixing bowl, stir together flour, cream of tartar, pepper, and ginger.
Stir in syrup mixture.
Divide dough in half; wrap in waxed paper.
Chill... - 36.1855
Cream Glazed Corn
Melt butter or margarine in small skillet.
Immediately add com, water, and cloves.
Cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes.
Add cream and stir constantly until cream is almost absorbed.
Add salt to taste; serve. - 35.0046
Harvest Popcorn Mix
Place dried apple in a large bowl.
Combine honey and pumpkin pie spice; pour over dried apple, tossing gently to coat.
Add popcorn, and toss gently to coat.
Spread mixture in a single layer in a 15x10x1-inch jellyroll pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake at... - 34.4241
Place all but 1 tablespoon of the cornmeal in a large bowl with the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
Mix together well.
Rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Add the milk and stir the ingredients together to form a... - 34.3616
Sauteed Corn And Okra
1)Use a large skillet to cook bacon until crisp. 2)Remove bacon and set aside, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
3)Crumble bacon, and set aside.
4)Saute okra in drippings, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
5)Add corn to skillet and cook 5... - 34.1892
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a corn stick pan or 12 regular-size muffin cups, or one 12" x 8" x 3" baking pan; heat in the oven. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a medium-size bowl, with... - 33.7537
Sauteed Corn And Mushrooms
Cook mushrooms and onion in butter in skillet for about 5 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients except parsley and pimiento and saute for about 5 minutes longer.
Put in serving dish and sprinkle with parsley and pimiento. - 33.4679
Remove husks from corn, and set husks aside.
Scrub silks from corn, and set corn aside.
Combine water, salt, and potatoes in a 19-quart stockpot; bring to a boil.
Add lobsters; cover and cook for 12 minutes.
Remove lobsters from pot, and set aside.
Add clams... - 33.2163
Old Fashioned Pop Corn Balls
Keep popped pop com warm in 200°F oven while preparing syrup.
In 2-quart saucepan, stir together sugar, corn syrup, water, butter and salt.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
Continue cooking without stirring until... - 32.2106
Cook corn, covered, in boiling water to cover 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; drain corn, and set aside to cool.
Combine corn, cornmeal, and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well.
Beat egg whites at high speed of an electric mixer until stiff peaks... - 32.1935
Pickled Baby Cobcorn
Trim the cobs well and remove husks.
Plunge into rapidly boiling water and boil 4 or 5 minutes.
Drain and arrange in hot sterilized pint jars.
Boil remaining ingredients together for 5 minutes and remove spice bag.
Pour this syrup over the cobs filling the... - 32.1166
Franko Corn Thins
Heat oven to 400°.
Grease jelly roll pan, 15 1/2 x 10 1/2X 1 inch.
Mix eggs and milk.
Stir in muffin mix (dry), salt and half the cheese.
Pour into pan.
Cut each frankfurter into 9 slices; arrange slices evenly over batter.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese,... - 32.0501
Combine sugar, corn syrup, vinegar, water; stir till sugar dissolves.
Cook to hard-crack stage (300°).
Remove from heat; add butter and salt.
Cool until mixture thickens slightly.
Quickly drop from tablespoon over skewers placed 5 inches apart on greased... - 31.0077
1) In a large skillet, combine the corn and butter together. Cover and cook for about a minute over low flame.
2) Add all the remaining ingredients. Cook the mixture, without covering, over low flame for about 5 to 7 minutes or till the liquid is... - 30.8679
Old Fashioned Corn Relish
Combine vinegar, sugar and cornstarch in large microwave-safe bowl; mix well. Stir in mustard and salt. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring once. Add corn, celery, pepper, onion and pickle relish; toss well to coat... - 30.5868
Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pot.
Bring to a boil; simmer 20 minutes.
Pour hot into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space.
Process 15 minutes in boiling water bath. - 30.5539
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. In a medium-size bowl combine 1 cup of the cornmeal, the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and pepper. Add the yogurt and margarine and stir until combined.
3. Divide the dough into two portions. Spray a nonstick baking sheet... - 30.4273
Drop frozen corn into the boiling water with 1/2 teasp salt.
Cover; bring to a boil, and simmer 2 min., or until just tender.
Meanwhile, cook onion tender in fat.
Add to cooked corn with remaining ingredients.
Toss thoroughly. - 30.2012
Old Fashioned Fresh Corn Relish
1. Cook the corn on the cob in boiling salted water to cover two to three minutes, using one teaspoon salt to one quart water. Cool the corn, cut from the cob.
2. Mix the corn with the cabbage, celery, green pepper, onion and garlic. Set aside while preparing... - 30.1554
Tadpole In A Hole
1. Turn the oven to 400°. Put some shortening on a piece of paper towel or waxed paper. Spread the shortening over the bottom and sides of the baking dish or pan to grease it.
2. Crack the egg into the mixing bowl. With the fork, beat the egg till the yolk... - 30.0904
In saucepan, cook celery, onion and green pepper with seasonings in butter until tender.
Stir in soup and sour cream; add corn.
Heat; stir occasionally. - 29.8582
Firecracker Party Mix
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. In 1-quart saucepan, combine Worcestershire, butter, brown sugar, salt, and ground red pepper; heat over low heat, stirring often, until butter has melted.
2. Place half each of popped corn, cereal, and pretzels in large roasting... - 29.4147
In 2- or 2 1/2-qt mixing bowl or casserole, combine butter, syrup and sugar.
Microwave at High 9 to 15 minutes, or until brittle threads form when small amount is dropped in cold water, stirring every 3 minutes.
In buttered 5-qt (or larger) container, combine... - 29.0584
Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl until they are frothy.
Stir in the flour, cream and melted butter, then the remaining ingredients with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour into a greased shallow baking dish.
Bake in a moderate oven (180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4) for... - 28.9854
Com On The Cob
1) From the corn, remove as much silk as possible. Keep the husks on.
2) Cut off the ends of the corn in a way to make the ears stand in the cooker.
3) Add the water and cover the cooker.
4) Cook over low heat for 2 to 3 hours.
5) Serve hot. - 28.3548
1. Add the salt to the water in the upper part of a large double boiler, then sift in the corn meal slowly, stirring all the time.
2. Add the pork, cut in tiny bits or put through a food chopper. Set it over boiling water and cook, stirring occasionally, 30... - 28.2139
Remove husks from corn cobs and strip away all the silk.
Place in a large saucepan of boiling water to cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper and serve with melted butter.
To eat Sweet Corn: Specially made holders are inserted... - 27.6874
One cup of the best of popcorn will yield 28 cups of popped corn.
Pop 1/6 to 1/4 cup of the corn at one time, the amount depending on the size of the container used for popping.
If an old-fashioned wire popper is used, put in enough corn barely to cover the... - 26.814
1. In a medium-size bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, then stir in the onion. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and buttermilk. Add to the cornmeal mixture, all at once, and stir just until blended.
2. In a 12-mch skillet, heat... - 26.6255
Basic Cornmeal Mix
Mix cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in 4-quart bowl.
Cut in shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
Cover, label and store in airtight container at room temperature no longer than 3 months.
Use Basic Cornmeal Mix in Corn Bread Hush... - 26.2299
Corn Roast brings back such wonderful memories. Corn Roast perfect for your camps or a romantic outdoor picnic. Try it! - 26.1994
In skillet, combine corn, butter and sugar.
Cook over medium-high heat until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Season with salt and pepper.
If desired, add 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper or pimiento or 1 teaspoon chopped chives.
Bacon... - 26.1792
1. Prepare popcorn in Popcorn Pumper, measure 2 quarts; store remaining for later use.
2. Add candies, peanuts, raisins; toss together; combine butter, honey in 1-quart Sauce Pan; heat over low heat until butter melts; blend; cool slightly; drizzle over... - 25.8142
1. Prepare outdoor grill for barbecuing.
2. Meanwhile, carefully pull back husks half way from each ear of corn; remove silk; rewrap corn with husks. In 6-quart saucepot, place corn with husks and enough cold water to cover them; let soak until coals are... - 25.5356
In saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; remove and crumble.
Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
Cook green pepper in drippings until tender.
Add soup, corn, and tomatoes.
Heat; stir occasionally.
Garnish with bacon. - 24.7598
Tex Mex Mix
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine popcorn with tortilla chips and onions in a large bowl.
3. Melt butter with half of the taco seasoning mix in a medium saucepan over low heat. Pour over the popcorn mixture, tossing gently to coat.
4. Spread on a large... - 24.0335
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F. Grease a baking sheet.
2. Add the corn meal gradually to the boiling water, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth; add the salt and shortening, butter or margarine and mix well.
3. Spread 1/8-inch thick on the... - 23.2247
Prepare corn-muffin mix according to package directions: spread evenly in well-greased 15 1/2x10x11-inch jelly-rollpan.
Sprinkle with peanuts, cheese, and garlic salt; drizzle butter over top.
Bake in moderate oven (375°) about 25 minutes or till crisp and... - 22.483
Prepare corn-muffin mix according to package directions; spread evenly in a well-greased 15 1/2 xl0 1/2 x l-inch jelly-roll pan.
Sprinkle with peanuts, cheese, and garlic salt; drizzle butter over top.
Bake in moderate oven (375°) about 25 minutes or till... - 22.3843
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Stack the tortillas and cut into six wedges.
Lay tortilla pieces on baking sheet so they do not overlap.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
Chips should be crisp and lightly brown.
Serve warm or allow to cool and store in an airtight container. - 21.9141
How Kettle Corn is made under a tent at a festival. It's pretty hard to do this corrrectly at home without the giant kettle. Video shows why. - 21.688
Skillet Cornmeal Mush
1. Mix water, cornmeal and salt in 2-quart casserole. Microwave uncovered on high (100%) 3 minutes; stir. Microwave until mixture thickens and boils, 3 to 5 minutes longer. Spread in greased loaf dish, 9x5x3 or 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 X 2 1/2 inches. Cover and... - 21.2286
1. If using Corn Flakes, crush into fine crumbs. Set aside.
2. Insert skewers lengthwise into frankfurters, leaving about 2 inches for a handle. Score surface of frankfurters lightly, spiraling from end to end.
3. Roll frankfurters in catsup, then coat... - 20.7616
Sauteed Corn And Okra
Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp; remove bacon and set aside, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
Crumble bacon, and set aside.
Saute okra in drippings, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
Add corn to skillet; cook 5 minutes longer or until... - 18.6917
Peanut Corn Meal Roast
Steam the corn meal with 1i/2 cups water for 1 hour.
Mix the nut butter with 1 cup water, into the consistency of cream, and add, together with the herbs, to the corn meal.
Cook for another hour in a double boiler.
When cold the mixture cuts into slices like... - 18.4052
Cook corn as directed on package; drain.
Stir in butter and syrup. - 17.3728
1. Remove outer husks, but leave inner husk on corn. Carefully remove silk. Spread butter on corn, if desired. Replace husk and fasten with string.
2. Place corn on plastic rack or arrange in center of oven. Cook on Full Power for 11 to 13 minutes, or until... - 15.7922
Deep Prep | Mini Corndogs
In this episode my 3 year old daughter and her bestie Gia take over the kitchen to show you how to make mini corn dogs with lil' smokeys! - 0