- » Special Borscht
Special Borscht Recipes
Enjoy our collection of special borscht recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for special borscht recipes.
Historically borscht is know to have originated in what is now Ukraine sometime in the mid-13th. Century. Russia, Lithuania, Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary & even Serbia lay claim to this great soup but historical evidence proves that it originated in Ukraine.... - 50.5032
Place beef and cold beef bouillon in deep kettle.
Add salt and pepper to taste and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil, and skim.
Simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes.
In another pan melt butter and saute in it onion, carrots, beets, cabbage, and parsley for 3... - 48.4426
1) In a deep pan, cook the consomme, bouillon, 1 cup of water and cabbage leaf for about 20 minutes. You can cook until the cabbage leaf gives a special flavor.
2) Now, discard cabbage leaf and add vinegar, beet juice drained from beets, half of the... - 47.2351
1) In a deep kettle, combine the soup meat and pork along with 2 1/2 quarts of water.
2) Bring the mix to a boil and then cook for 15 minutes.
3) Skim and add bay leaf, peppercorns, garlic and soup greens. (Preferably carrot, celery, leek, some parsley... - 46.2842
1) In a deep saucepan, place together the brisket, bones and water
2) Bring the mixture to a boil, skimming off the scum
3) Add in the onions and tomatoes
4) Cover the saucepan with a lid and cook on a low flame for about an hours
5) Add in the... - 45.836
The Ukranian Borsch, a traditional central eueopean dish is simply a tasty soup. This reddish soup is visually appealing and a perfect addition to your dinner spread! Serve the Ukranian Borsch for your next party and see how your guests fall in love with it! - 45.6378
1) In a saucepan, mix together the beets, water, onion and salt
2) Bring to a boil
3) Cover the pan with a lid and cook over a low flame for an hour
4) Tip in the sugar and lemon juice
5) Cook for an additional 10 minutes and season the soup with... - 45.6083
1) In a saucepan, add butter to melt over medium heat.
2) Add beets to cook for a few minutes.
3) Pour in vinegar and cover the saucepan.
4) Cook the beets in vinegar for 20 minutes by reducing the heat to very low.
5) Remove cover to stir in soups,... - 45.3777
1. In a saucepan cover meat with water. Cook over simmering heat for about 3 hours until rich broth forms.
2. Stir occasionally.
3. Discard bone and skim the scum.
4. In a bowl mix beets with lemon juice. Add onions, allspice, bay leaf, parsley and... - 44.8772
In 3-quart casserole, combine beef shanks, water, salt, and pepper.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 10 minutes or till boiling.
Cook, covered, at MEDIUM (5) for 1 hour or till tender.
Remove beef shanks.
When meat is cool enough to handle, cut from bones; dice... - 43.5382
Chilled Cherry Borsch
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan.
Bring mixture to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
Strain mixture through a sieve, and discard spices.
Return mixture to saucepan.
Stir in beers and cherries, and bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce... - 43.5294
Beef Borsch With Sour Cream
1) Arrange all the ingredients a day before serving.
2) Quarter the onions.
2) To make the beef borsch: In a deep, 8-quart kettle, place beef, marrow bone, 1 tablespoon salt, and 2 quarts water.
3) Cover the kettle, and bring to... - 43.447
Old World Borsch Salad
1. In a small saucepan cover potatoes with beef broth or bouillon cube in water and heat to boil. Remove from heat and cool in broth while mixing rest of salad.
2. In a small bowl, season beets with French dressing and chill.
3. In another large bowl... - 43.2706
This yummy Beet Borscht swept me off my feet, I bet it will do the same to you. Beet Borscht as a Side Dish never fails to impress. This Beet Borscht is surely going to make you famous amongst your friends once they taste it. Try it right away! - 42.6308
Put meat in kettle and add water.
Bring to boil and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until meat is almost tender.
Add beets, celery, and onion; cook for about 30 minutes longer.
Season to taste.
Blend sour cream, flour, and egg.
Stir into soup; bring... - 42.1696
Rinse meats in cold water.
Place in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
Bring to the boil, skimming when necessary, reduce heat, cover and boil gently for 1 hour.
Add onions, tomatoes, cabbage, beetroot, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, paprika, sugar and... - 41.0574
In a large pan, put meat, water, salt, peppers, and bay leaf; bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour.
Add beets and cook 1 more hour.
Remove meat from broth with a slotted spoon; set aside.
Add carrots, celery, potato, and onion.
Drain liquid from canned... - 40.9834
Heat consomme and water to boiling in a saucepan.
Stir in garlic, celery, brown sugar, ginger, and cayenne pepper.
Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, soften gelatin in reserved beet liquid in a saucepan.
Stir over low heat until... - 40.397
Cut the beef and lamb in half-inch cubes.
Place in pressure cooker.
Add cold water, salt, pepper, meat sauce and pork.
Pressure cook at 15 lbs.pressure for 14 minutes.
Reduce pressure and open cooker.
Add all vegetables and pressure cook again for 5... - 40.3311
1 Scrub beets and cut stems no shorter than 1 inch from the top so that the beets won't bleed.
2 In water to cover boil beets until tender (approximately 45 minutes). Eggs may be boiled in the same pan and removed after 20 minutes.
3 Save the beet water.... - 39.2082
Saute parsley, vegetables and salt pork in butter until golden.
Add meat, water, peppercorns, bay leaf and salt.
Cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer 2 hours.
Strain, reserve and dice meat; set aside.
Chill stock and remove fat.
Bring stock to boil,... - 38.95
This Lithuanian borshch uses buttermilk instead of yogurt and is called ðaltibarðèiai (which frankly I can’t pronounce) and might be the most popular soup in Lithuania. Of the many cold borshch made in Eastern Europe I found this Lithuanian one... - 38.8484
Cut any meat from shin bone into small chunks.
Brown chunks and brisket in hot shortening in large kettle.
Add bone, water, tomatoes, onion, and next 9 seasonings.
Cover and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hr., or until meat is tender.
Remove bone from soup and skim off... - 38.2299
Combine beets, consomme, and sauerkraut juice; simmer with the cloves and onion for 10 minutes; strain (the beets may be used in salad).
Measure liquid and add enough water to make 5 cups.
Boil 1 cup of the liquid, add salt to taste; add gelatin which has... - 38.193
1) Take a saucepan and empty the gelatin envelope in it. Add cold water to soften it.
2) Place the mixture over low heat and cook until gelatin is completely dissolved.
3) Remove from heat and stir in consommÃ©, lemon juice and liquid from beets.... - 38.1063
Place onion, carrot and celery into a large saucepan with two thirds of the beetroot, add the stock, parsley, dill and clove and bring to the boil, simmer for thirty minutes.
Strain the mixture through a fine sieve, stir in the seasonings and lemon juice.
Add... - 38.0017
Easy Russian Borsch
Combine beef, onions, bay leaf, salt, peppercorns and water.
Cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer 3 hours.
Strain, cool and chill to remove fat.
Bring stock to boil, add beets, carrots, potato and tomato puree.
Cook 10 minutes.
Add cabbage, bring back... - 37.8404
Grate the raw beetroot, or cut the cooked beetroot into thin strips, and put into pan with the grated or chopped carrot and onion, tomatoes, crushed garlic and celery.
Add the stock or water.
Simmer for 1 1/2 hours with raw beetroot or about 40 minutes with... - 37.8232
Wash beets; peel and chop fine.
Place in kettle, add onion and water, and bring to boil.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 35 minutes, or until beets are tender.
Force through coarse sieve and add salt, sugar, and lemon juice to taste.
Serve hot or... - 37.7688
Put beef into salted water, boil 15 minutes and skim; simmer 2 hours longer.
Drain, and reserve broth and meat from the bones.
Cut onion into julienne strips; saute in butter or margarine until tender but not brown.
Add tomato paste, and mix into beef... - 37.694
1 Scrape the carrots and cut into small rounds. Clean and chop the leeks. Peel the onions, stud 1 whole onion with cloves and cut the other onions into very fine slices. Peel the beets and chop finely. Cut away the core and stalks, then shred the cabbage.
2... - 35.6524
Russian Tomato Borsch
Saute onions in butter until soft and slightly browned.
Add tomato juice, stock, sour salt and sugar.
Cover, bring to boil, lower heat and simmer 30 minutes.
Bring back to boil, add cabbage and cook until tender-crisp.
Reheat with meat and adjust... - 35.432
Boil the beetroots with the skins. Peel off the skins and grate the beetroots.
Heat the butter in a vessel and fry the flour for a little time.
Add the stock and the grated beetroots.
Boil the soup for 30 minutes.
Add salt and pepper.
To make sour cream, beat... - 34.6652
1. Scrub the beets and carrots thoroughly with a stiff vegetable brush. Cut off beet tops, leaving on 2 inches of stem. Scrape carrots. Peel and chop onions.
2. Put vegetables and water in a 2-quart kettle. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
3. Remove beets, slip... - 32.2254
If you want to remove excess sweetness from the cabbage, put it in a wire strainer, run cold water over it, and press liquid out (discard liquid).
Combine cabbage, beets and liquid, onion soup, broth, water, parsley, pepper, and lemon juice.
Bring to a boil,... - 31.354
Bring to a boil the beef broth and cinnamon stick.
Add the chopped beets, beet liquid, and brown sugar.
Heat until boiling again; then add the cherries and quickly return to boil.
Remove cinnamon stick if spice flavor is strong enough to taste, or leave it in... - 31.2487
Peel beetroot and onion, cut into 1/2 in. dice; cover and cook in chicken stock until tender.
Drain the vegetables, reserving the liquid.
Cool a little.
Place vegetables with a little liquid into electric blender, or rub through a fine seive.
Add... - 30.0908
Peel and grate or cut beets into shreds.
Cook beets in 3 pints water in saucepan until tender.
Add lemon juice, sugar and salt; simmer for 5 to 15 minutes longer.
Beat egg yolks with 1 tablespoon cold water; gradually add hot beet mixture, stirring con... - 29.8669
Heat broth, beets (with liquid), cabbage, onion and sugar until mixture boils.
Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
Stir in lemon juice.
Cover and chill.
(Can be served immediately.)
At serving time, top each serving of Borsch with a spoonful of dairy... - 29.8069
To blender, add 3/4 cup of the sour cream, the beets, lemon, onion, salt, and sugar.
Cover and blend at high speed about 15 seconds.
Scrape down sides of container and add the ice.
Cover and blend about 10 seconds longer.
Serve immediately, topped with... - 29.5708
Cut beef into small cubes and put in a saucepan with water, salt and bay leaf. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, about I1/2 hours. Meanwhile, peel and shred or finely slice beetroot, carrots and turnip, and chop onion. Melt butter... - 29.4283
In saucepan, sprinkle gelatine on cold water to soften.
Place over low heat, stirring until gelatine is dissolved.
Remove from heat; stir in consomme, liquid from beets, and lemon juice.
Chill until slightly thickened.
Fold in beets and 1 tablespoon... - 28.9544
Finely chop the drained beets.
Then combine with the canned beet juice, onion, bouillon, and water.
Heat thoroughly (about 5 min.), being ,careful not to boil.
Add the salt and lemon juice.
Pour hot or cold into 4 soup bowls, topping each with 1 tablesp of... - 28.7698
Can Can Borsch
1. In a bowl combine chilled beef broth, canned beets (with liquid) and lemon juice.
2. Serve in chilled bowls topping each serving with a large dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of snipped chives. - 28.5649
Drain contents of can of beets, reserving liquid in a 1 quart measuring cup.
Put beets through food mill (or finely chop beets in an electric blender, adding about 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid to the blender container).
Add beet pulp to liquid in measuring... - 28.3157
In large kettle combine water, cabbage, onion flakes and broth mix.
Bring to boil, simmer and cook 30 minutes.
Add beets with liquid from can, tomatoes and lemon juice; cook 15 minutes longer. - 28.0766
Early on day: Refrigerate beets.
At serving time:
1. Drain chilled beets; arrange them on bed of lettuce on serving plate.
2. Combine sour cream and seasoned salt; use to spoon over tops of beets. - 27.6887
Russian Cold Borsch
Blend 1/2 cup tomato juice with the green onion-salt-sour cream mixture and combine with rest of ingredients.
Chill and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper - 27.4319
Drain beets, saving juice.
In saucepan, combine consomme, beets, and lemon juice.
Add enough water to beet juice to measure 1 soup can; add to consomme mixture.
Heat; stir occasionally.
Garnish with sour cream. - 27.1757
Peel and grate or chop the onion and toss it in the fat until softened but not brown.
Add the consomme or beef stock and heat thoroughly.
Cut the beet into thin strips or grate, add to the soup and warm through.
Spoon into individual soup bowls,... - 25.6031
Borsch (beetroot Soup)
1. Grate the beetroot directly into a 2.8 litre (5 pint) ovenproof glass bowl. Add the onions, stock, Salt and pepper. Three-quarters cover the bowl with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 20-25 minutes until the beetroot and onions are very tender,... - 25.0649
Borsch has a luscious taste. The beet and lemon juice gives the Borsch a staggering taste. Borsch is inspired by restaurants globally . Must catch it. - 24.2559
Put the chicken soup into a small pan and heat.
Add a small amount of cream and the liquid drained from the can of beets.
Garnish soup with chopped parsley. - 24.1039
Put 1 3/4 cups sour cream into Osterizer container, add remaining ingredients, cover and process at PUREE until smooth.
Serve icy cold garnished with remaining sour cream. - 22.9868