- » Spanish Side Dish
Spanish Side Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of spanish side dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for spanish side dish recipes.
Spanish Roasted Pepper Romesco
Pep up your meal with a flavorful and spicy roasted pepper dip. Take a look at this amazing video that shares an excellent recipe for a Spanish style roasted pepper dip. The video is wonderfully presented and offers great serving suggestions too. Check it... - 139.81
Want to prepare a sweet dish in minimum time? Try Flan! It is a simple and easy recipe to prepare and tastes absolutely divine. It is perfect to serve during get-togethers and parties! - 133.101
Stuffed Heirloom Tomatoes
Join "The Indiana Jones of Spices," Nirmala Narine, as she prepares delicious quinoa-stuffed heirloom tomatoes with fresh-picked herbs from her own garden. In Nirmala's Edible Diary, Narine eats her way from Rio to Buenos Aires, capturing the tastes and... - 128.897
Low Carb Spanish Rice With Ground Beef
In this episode of Lowcarbcafe, chef Kelly makes Low Carb Spanish rice with Ground Beef using her favorite low carb ingredient cauliflower instead of rice. Although the recipe requires a lot of ingredients, it’s easy to make and the outcome is very... - 120.962
Honey Vinegar Muscadel Salad Dressing
If you are really looking for some quick and easy salad dressing idea, here is one just for you. This dressing is a hearty combination of vinegar with olive oil, honey, lemon and salt and gives the green a mild flavor. Enjoy the dressing with greens and... - 120.226
As famous as it sounds, this grilled bistec recipe is a perfect dish for barbecue cookouts. With a little ingredients from your kitchen shelve and these simple steps you can be a Master Chef and amaze your guests at the next cook out. Check out the video to... - 117.185
Diane Hoch and Sally Eisenberg teach you how to prepare Quinoa, a hearty grain rich in protein which is a wonderful alternative to rice and pasta. - 112.416
Vegetable Barley Paella
Paella is delicious, festive, and with this recipe, a dish you can make at home. We're using barley for a high fiber, low glycemic twist on this Spanish favorite. - 107.382
Spinach Potato Salad
If you are a potato lover, this video is meant for you. Chef Belucci tells how to make an interesting potato salad with spinach. Watch out the video for more… - 106.662
I will show you how to make Spanish rice that is easy to make and full of flavor. - 104.522
Pico De Gallo
Pico De Gallo recipe is fast and simple. Visit the Chefs for more free recipes and to outfit your kitchen with USA made gadgets, knives and cutting boards. - 104.285
The very flavorful, the very Spanish sofrito is a blend of a gamut of flavorful, aromatic ingredients. Juan Montalvo shares a simple sofrito recipe that can be stormed up in a snap. Just add it as a base to any of your Spanish cuisine and your have a gourmet... - 96.1592
Spanish Blanched Spinach
In a mood to have salads. You have come to the right place. Check out the video of the yummy and delicious Spanish Blanched Spinach. blanched spinach can be used in a number of recipes and salads. Do check the video out. - 95.5279
Pickled Vegetables With Jalapenos
Pickled Vegetables with Jalapenos is a great way to eat those vegetables that you would generally avoid. Watch this video to see how easy it is to prepare these vegetables, and how beautiful they look sitting in that jar in your kitchen. - 92.607
Quick Stir-fried Spanish Padrones Peppers
These fried padrone peppers definitely make a great tapa. As Chef John recommends, it is best to keep it simple! A quick sizzle in hot olive oil, and a few flakes of sea salt is all that is needed to make this exotic, late summer treat that can be served as a... - 92.5685
Patatas Asadas Y Cebolla
As simple as it sounds this patatas asada y cebolla is a simple side dish, good for those who are too tired or lazy to make a side dish. Finally here is a recipe which does not require a lot of manual work and still has that human touch when you eat it. Isn't... - 91.8592
Spanish Parsnip Rice
1. In a food processor, blend parsnip to rice texture.
2. Take it out in a mixing bowl and add red onion, garlic, cilantro, extra virgin olive oil, cumin and tamari sauce.
3. Add sea salt, and mix parsnip rice well.
4. Serve it with mashed... - 89.3975
Pickled King Fish Steaks
Heard of pickled fish? The Puerto Rican way? Well Vicki shows you how to get these king fish fried and then pickled. As interesting as the dish gets, see the video to know more on this recipe! - 88.5701
Baked Spanish Rice: On The Side #23
Want an easy recipe to make the perfect Spanish rice, that too the healthy way? Then watch this video and get ready to pleasantly surprise your guests with your amazing culinary skills. - 87.3331
Spicy Spanish Rice
Are you looking for an easy way to make Spanish rice? Then you must watch this video. Within minutes, you will be able to whip up yummy rice that will go well with almost everything. Watch to know more! - 86.8837
Warm Lentil Salad
This is a salad made using familiar ingredient such as the lentil! Watch the chef make this salad, though presentation of the video is amiss! - 86.3842
Go Spanish for the day! Vicki shows you how to get a basic beef filling cooked with all the right spices! See the video for more on how to get this done! - 85.4655
Fruit And Nut Salad
Want to try a yummy and innovative salad today? This recipe might just come handy. Watch this video to learn a totally scrumptious Fruit and Nut Salad recipe. This one is sure to impress all. - 81.7199
How To Cook Guava Shells
Guava shells doused in sweet syrup adds the perfect bit of richness at the end of any meal. This homemade dessert made with ripe, red guavas not only makes for a tantalizing treat, but is also a great way to enjoy this summer fruit. The video teaches you how... - 71.1092
Solar Cooked Lentil Soup
A warm bowl of soup to nestle for the lunch or dinner, is enough to keep you satiated and healthy! A video for those wanting the guidance on how to use a solar cooker! See the video for more. - 55.3759
1. In a large salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients and toss.
2. In a small bowl make dressing by combining the ingredients for it.
3. Whisk with a fork until well blended.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well using two large salad... - 48.7091
1. In a large stock pot or heavy bottomed saucepan, heat oil on a medium flame.
2. When oil is hot, add the spices and herbs and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add the carrots and the peppers and sauté for another 2 minutes until tender.
4. Add the diced... - 48.3359
Tapas Taco Sauce
1. In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter over a low flame,
2. When the butter has melted, add the finely diced peppers and sauté till it is soft
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and sauté for another 2 minutes.
4. Pour in the... - 47.6607
Stuffed Spanish Onions
1) Preheat the oven to 375Â°F.
2) Peel and halve each onion through the stem ends.
3) In a 4 quart saucepan, bring the water to a boil, add onions and simmer on a low heat for 10 to 12 minutes, until the onions are tender, drain... - 47.5938
Tomato Herb Bread
1. In a small bowl combine yeast, warm water and 1/4 teaspoon sugar. Let set until foamy, about 10 minutes.
2. Heat milk and butter in a saucepan just until warm. Butter does not have to melt.
3. In a large bowl combine salt, 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 cups of... - 47.4252
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 1 quart casserole.
2) In a pan, melt butter or margarine. Add in the onions and green pepper. Toss well to fry.
3) Add in the tomatoes into the pan. Turn down the flame and cook on simmer for 10... - 47.2439
1) Wash and peel the potatoes and slice them into thin rounds.
2) In a saucepan, heat oil and saute the onion and garlic.
3) After 2 minutes, add in chicken bouillon, pimiento, parsley, salt and water.
4) Arrange the potatoes slices over... - 47.0248
1) Slice the capsicums into thin strips.
2) Coarsely chop the aubergines without peeling them.
3) In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add in the aubergines and green capsicums, sauteing on low flame for about 15 minutes.
4)... - 46.9767
Lima Beans With Carrots And Bacon
(1) In a large skillet, brown the bacon until crispy
(2) Remove and drain on paper toweling and keep aside
(3) To the bacon fat, add carrots and onion and sauté for about 8 minutes until onion is soft and golden.
(4) Add beans, salt, paprika, and... - 46.8423
Fruit And Vegetable Rice Pilaf
1) In a pot, add raisins and water.
2) Place a lid over and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, till the raisins soften.
3) Drain and keep aside.
4) In a saucepan, add in the next 6 ingredients and mix.
5) Place a lid and allow to boil.
6) Lower the... - 46.8146
1. Thinly slice the onions and plunge them into a bowl of ice chilled water. Let onions soak for 1 hour
2. Thinly slice the cucumber without peeling.
3. Peel tomatoes with a paring knife then slice crosswise.
4. Halve the pepper, remove seeds... - 46.7449
Set Power Select at HIGH.
In 5-quart casserole dish, combine water, cinnamon, saffron and flavor packets (from rice mix).
Heat, covered, 10 to 12 minutes or until liquid is boiling.
Add rice and heat, covered, 10 to 11 minutes.
Add clams and let stand,... - 46.6519
Chicken With Spanish Sauce
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a heavy skillet, heat oil.
3) Quickly brown the chicken pieces.
4) Remove to a casserole. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) In the same skillet, lightly brown the onions, green pepper and garlic.
6)... - 46.6032
Spanish Stuffed Bell Peppers
These spanish stuffed bell peppers are peppy tuna and pasta stuffed pepper bakes. Prepared with bell peppers of choice, the filling is made with lightly cooked onions and chopped peppers flavored with tomato sauce and seasonings. Moistened with milk, it is... - 46.3976
Lancashire Tripe And Onions
Cut the tripe into 5-cm (2-in) pieces.
Put it in the pressure cooker with the sliced onions, stock, seasoning and bayleaf.
Put on the lid and bring to high (15 lb) pressure.
Cook for 7 minutes.
Reduce pressure quickly.
Put the shallots in a vegetable... - 46.2977
1) Preheat the browning dish on power for 6 minutes.
2) Pour oil and stir fry chicken until brown on all sides.
3) Remove chicken, preheat browning dish for another 3 minutes on power.
4) Stir in onion, pepper, peas, and garlic.
5) Mix... - 46.2028
Easy Sausage Empanadas
These easy sausage empanadas are prepared with pork sausage filling wrapped in prepared pie crusts. The sausage filling is cooked with onions and garlic powder along with cumin and dried oregano for flavor. Textured with raisins and olives, they are filled in... - 46.0751
1. Separate spinach stems from the leaves.
2. Discard stem or reserve for use.
3. Rinse leaves with water and pat dry with paper towels.
4. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat oil over low heat.
5. Add the pine nuts.
6. Shake skillet to... - 46.0673
Gazpacho Salad Ring
1) In a saucepan add tomato juice and pour 2 cups into it. Stir.
2) Sprinkle gelatin on it and mix.
3) Keep aside for sometime to soften.
4) Boil the mixture and stir to dissolve.
5) Take off from heat and add remaining juice. Mix thoroughly.
6) Add... - 46.0508
Florida Black Beans And Peppers
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over a medium flame.
2. When hot, add and sauté onion, peppers, and garlic for 5-8 minutes until onion is soft and lightly browned
3. Tip in the warm beans along with the liquid and stir
4. Add seasonings and stir... - 45.864
Heat oil on medium heat in skillet.
Add rice, onion, and bell pepper and brown.
Do not let rice burn! Blend tomatoes and spices in blender.
It should measure 1 cup liquid.
Add hot water and blend again.
Add liquid mixture to rice and stir.
Return to boil for... - 45.8541
La Bo (spanish String Beans)
La Bo (Spanish String Beans) is an irresistible mouth watering recipe which you would love to serve to your loved ones. Try this La Bo dish; I bet you will have a huge fan following for this. - 45.8166
1. Combine yeast, 1/4 cup warm water and 1/4 teaspoon sugar in a small bowl. Let set until foamy, about 10 minutes.
2. Heat tomato juice and butter in a saucepan just until warm. Butter does not have to melt.
3. In a large bowl combine salt, 2 tablespoons... - 45.775
Easy Saffron Bread
1 In a pan, scald milk.
2 Blend in sugar, butter, onion, salt and crushed saffron.
3 Allow to cool until lukewarm.
4 In a large mixing bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water.
5 Stir until dissolved, add in the milk mixture.
6 Mix in flour;... - 45.7147
Spanish Vegetable Stew
Place water, onions, and garlic in a large microwave-safe casserole.
Microwave on high for 6 minutes or until onions are tender.
Add green pepper and rice.
Microwave on high for six minutes.
Add saffron, 3 1/2 cups of the broth or water, tomatoes, celery, and... - 45.2907
Spanish Pepper Scallop
1) Dice the tomatoes.
2) Cut the peppers into half, remove the seeds and dice them.
3) In a large frying pan, melt butter or margarine.
4) Saute tomatoes and peppers with celery, salad herbs, onion, salt and pepper.
5) Stir the... - 45.2421
Limas With Chilies
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. From the peppers, scrape seeds and hot membranes.
3. Cut cheese into 4 strips.
4. Place a strip inside each pepper.
5. In a medium sized bowl, combine next 7 ingredients.
6. Slowly stir in bean liquid until... - 45.1668
Spanish Rice With Shrimp
In 2-quart casserole, combine all ingredients, except shrimp.
Microwave at High for 10 minutes.
Reduce power to 50% (Medium).
Microwave for 28 to 35 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Stir in shrimp.
Let stand, covered,... - 45.0423
Spanish Brown Rice
1) Cook brown rice according to directions on the package and keep aside.
2) In a pan, heat butter.
3) Add in the mushrooms, red peppers, onion, and garlic and saute for 5 to 7 minutes till vegetables turn tender.
4) Add in the rice and mix well.
5)... - 45.0007
Pour oil into electric skillet; set temperature control at 325 degrees.
Arrange chicken, skin side down, in skillet; cover.
Cook for 15 minutes.
Combine chicken broth, garlic, saffron, salt and rice.
Turn chicken; pour rice mixture around chicken.
Scrape off... - 44.9896
1. Pare the cucumbers and quarter them.
2. Scoop out the seeds and cut each cucumber quarter into 3-4 sticks.
3. Take a frying pan and heat some oil in it. Stir in onion and fry until it gets lightly browned.
4. Stir in tomato paste... - 44.9712
Spanish Fish Stew
1) Take the fish and cut it into pieces each 1 inch thick and 2 inch wide.
2) Season with salt and pepper.
3) Wash the cauliflower by soaking it in water, upper side down.
4) Add vinegar to it.
5) Take a casserole after wrapping the... - 44.9668
Puchero - Spanish Meat And Bean Stew
1. In a dish, combine beans and water to cover and soak overnight or quick-soak.
2. Do not drain.
3. In a large pan, melt butter.
4. Brown ham and pork in butter for 10 minutes.
5. Add hot water, lemon juice, and pepper.
6. Simmer 1... - 44.931
Pumpkin Seed Tomatillo Dip
1) A pot filled with water to cover the tomatillos is readied.
2) The oven is heated to 350 degrees C.
3) Husked tomatillos are simmered in boiling water for about 2 minutes.
4) The excess water is drained off.
5) Meanwhile, pumpkin... - 44.8996
Spanish Green Beans
My passion for Spanish Green Beans grew during high school days. A delicious Side Dish, the Spanish Green Beans completes your meal. No other ingredient will make Spanish Green Beans taste so awesome than Beans. Do let me know how you've liked my Spanish... - 44.6628
Spanish Black Beans
1)Use a large dutch oven, place sorted and washed beans in it.
2)Cover beans with water and let it soak overnight.
3)In a skillet saute green pepper, onion, and garlic in olive oil till tender.
4)Drain beans and stir in vegetables along with ham... - 44.5684
Andalusian Rice Salad
1) Boil water, add salt and converted rice, cover, and cook it slowly until rice is just tender.
2) Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and onion and make the vinaigrette sauce.
3) Season with salt and pepper.
4) Drain the pimiento and cut narrow... - 44.3907
Tortilla De Patata
In Spain, a tortilla is an omelette of potatoes, eggs, salt and olive oil. Sometimes other ingredients such as asparagus, spinach, onions, red or green peppers, tuna, anchovies, artichokes, and mushrooms are also used even cheese.
This is... - 44.3549
Basque Chicken With Almonds And Olives
Wash the chicken in cold salted water.
Rinse and drain well.
Cut the whole breasts into quarters lengthwise (or sixths if they're large).
Cut the tomatoes into chunks.
Use a vegetable peeler to cut the zest from the lemon, with no white pith; cut the zest... - 44.2994
Spanish Stuffed Onions
1. In a 2-quart casserole, place onions and water.
2. Cover the casserole.
3. Cook on High for 8 to 9 minutes until onions are just about tender.
4. Drain water.
5. Scoop out centres of onions, leaving walls about 1/3-inch thick.
6. Chop enough onion... - 44.258
Spanish Eggplant Bake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Use 2 teaspoons of salt to sprinkle both sides of the eggplant slices.
3) Between several thicknesses of paper towels, place the eggplant slices and weight down with a plate. Allow to stand for 1... - 44.2378
New Version Of Old Spanish Bean Pot
1. Preheat oven to 300°.
2. In a pan fry bacons till they are crisp.
3. In the drippings add the onions and fry them till they are golden in color.
4. Add onions and bacon with beans.
5. Mix syrup, vinegar, coffee and beans.
6. In a... - 44.2012
Arroz Con Pollo
1.In a large pan, heat olive oil and put chicken legs in it and fry until brown.
2.Put onions and saute them.
Add rice, garlic,water, stock or wine in the pan and mix them well.
3.Once done, put saffron and milk infusion along with tomato paste,... - 44.1906
Spicy Paella Style Vegetables
Cook fresh broccoli in a small amount of boiling salted water for 5 minutes or till crisp-tender.
(Or, if using frozen broccoli, cook according to package directions.) Drain.
In a paella pan or a 12-inch oven-going skillet, cook zucchini, sweet pepper, onion,... - 44.1829
Spanish Beef Soup
1. In a saucepan cook ground beef till browned; drain off fat.
2. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
3. Add tomato herb sauce, onions, carrots, un-drained mushrooms, olives, water and wine.
4. Cover and simmer for about 30 to 35 minutes or till... - 44.1776
Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
Brown pork and sausage pieces.
As pieces brown, remove to a large (3 quart) casserole or roasting pan.
Rub chicken with thyme and garlic.
Brown on all sides in oil; remove chicken to casserole.
Add onion & pimiento to pan... - 44.0567
Egg Flamenco! I have not yet found a single person who doesn€™t like this colorful and tasty dish. This yummy Egg Flamenco is sure to get your guests excited. Try this Egg Flamenco recipe! - 44.0428
Blanch tomatoes and peel.
Dice 2 into a bowl and add cucumber, green pepper, ripe olives, green onions.
Drop next 6 ingredients into a blender and add remaining tomatoes cut into quarters.
Cover and blend until smooth.
Trim crusts from bread and break into... - 44.0306
Arroz Con Pollo
1) Make 8 pieces out of the chicken.
2) In a polythene bag, place the chicken and seasoned flour.
3) Toss well to coat the chicken evenly. ... - 43.9724
Spanish Pepper Salad
1) Preheat the grill.
2) Under the hot grill, place the peppers till the skins char. Turn frequently while grilling. Cool.
3) Peel the skin and remove the cores and seeds.
4) Slice the flesh and arrange on a serving plate.
5) Mix in the... - 43.9558
Spanish Garden Chili
1) In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat, sauté onion, green pepper and zucchini in water for about 5 minutes until vegetables become soft.
2) Stir in bulgur and cook for 1 more minute, stirring continuously.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil after... - 43.9372
1. Butter a casserole dish or a bean pot if you have one.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F
3. Drain the liquid from the beans and add to the casserole.
4. Add all the remaining ingredients except the bacon strips, to the beans and give a... - 43.8616
Spanish-style Salt Cod
Soak cod in water 12 hours; rinse.
Simmer in water till tender, about 15 minutes.
Remove bones and skin; flake into large pieces.
In skillet cook onion, pepper, and garlic in oil till tender.
Stir in flour; cook till lightly browned.
Add tomatoes, 1/4... - 43.8492
Take the puff pastry from the package and thaw at room temperature.
Wash and pat the scallions dry, remove the root ends and the heavy green tips.
Slice the light parts into thin rings.
Clean, wash and chop the mushrooms.
Heat the oil.
Fry the meat 3 minutes,... - 43.8442
If using whole lobster, remove tail and claws; cut into 3 or 4 pieces each.
If using lobster tails, cut into 5 or 6 pieces each.
Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a large paella pan, electric skillet or two 12-inch skillets.
Add lobster pieces.
Saute 3... - 43.8269
One of the most famous side dishes in Spain. The Spanish Omelette is a lip smacking dish which everyone should try. If you are searching for this recipe then consider this as your lucky day. - 43.7878
Pigeon Peas Rice
This a classic puertorrican recipe usually served during xmas with pork. It is a great side dish for any protein especially fried pork chops!!! I love this recipe, this is my favorite type of rice!! For more spanish recipes visit www.personalchefpr.com - 43.6321
Deli Ham And Sausage Jambalaya
PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
Add ham and sausage.
Cook and stir 5 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned on both sides.
Remove from skillet and... - 43.54
1) Preheat the oven to moderate temperature of almost 350°F.
2) Rub butter and lard into flour as for the piecrust.
3) Combine the sugar, baking powder, salt, raisins and currants.
4) Beat the eggs, add milk to them and stir into the... - 43.5115
Slice the white part of the leek into thin rounds and steam until tender.
Line a loaf pan with oiled wax paper and place the cooked leek on top, smoothing it down to make a thin layer.
Cook the peas in boiling water and steam the spinach over them.
When the... - 43.4824
Sweet Corn And Bacon Empanadas
Roast chile peppers over a gas burner or in a hot oven until they're blackened and blistered.
In a bowl covered with plastic wrap, steam chiles for 15 minutes.
Peel chiles; discard skin.
Slit chiles lengthwise, scrape out and discard seeds, remove stem, and... - 43.4248
Spanish Beef Stew
Cut flank steak into thirds.
In 5 quart Dutch oven, heat steak, chopped onion, carrot, bay leaf, 1 teaspoon salt, and 5 cups water to boiling over high heat.
Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until meat is very tender.
Remove Dutch oven... - 43.3983
1) Lightly grease an 8-cup baing dish.
2) In a large frying pan, saute eggplant in bacon drippings.
3) Place the sauteed eggplants in baking dish.
4) In same pan, saute onions, tomatoes and add sugar, chili parsley, salt and pepper.
5)... - 43.2464
Potaje De Garbanzos
Potaje De Garbanzos is a delicious recipe which I always love to have. I bet, once you have this Potaje De Garbanzos, you will always crave for some more. - 43.244
Spanish Leek Tart
Spanish Leek Tart is an easy to prepare recipe which cannot just escape your guest's attention. Try this amazingly delicious Spanish Leek Tart, you will surely love to talk about with us. - 43.1883
Combine the oregano, peppercorns, garlic, salt, two tablespoons of the olive oil and the vinegar and mash with the back of a kitchen spoon or in a mortar.
Rub the chicken with this mixture.
Heat the remaining olive oil in a deep, heavy kettle and brown the... - 43.1166
Heat a large paella pan or a large frying pan.
If you do not have a paella pan, plan on doing the sauteing in a regular frying pan and then placing the ingredients in a large, but shallow, Dutch oven.
Add 1/4 cup of the oil and brown the chicken... - 43.1076
Spanish Artichokes is an irresistible mouth-watering side dish recipe. Try this easy to prepare Spanish Artichokes, you will love to serve to your loved ones. - 43.1023
Sopa Seca De Tortillas
Cut tortillas in thin strips with scissors or a knife.
Saute them in 1/3 cup lard until crisp, but do not brown.
To make sauce, saute onion in 2 tablespoons lard until transparent; add chilies, cream, and tomato puree.
Simmer for 10 minutes; add salt to... - 43.0768
Spanish Side Dish Recipes By Category
Spanish Side Dish Course: